Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Tough but satisfying environment
Analytical Development (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2016
Management and coworkers are dedicated to excellence.

Very challenging timelines make work-life balance a constant struggle.

The best part of this job is knowing that the world will be just a little bit better for the work that this company does.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits + intellectually challenging work
Cons
Communication challenges primarily due to meetings that span multiple time zones.
Just ok job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 6, 2016
It's a great place to work with bad management.the money is good but there's no use in the money when your never out of work only long enough to sleep. They also go through new people all of the time because schedules are sometimes not good. You can't have a life and work this job it's not possible.
Pros
Good pay, easy days
Cons
No social life, bad management
Productive, positive working environment
Quality Control Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Co. WicklowOctober 20, 2016
I would start the week by looking at my schedule which would tell my what materials I will be testing for the week and any other responsibilities to be carried e.g. water sampling, monitoring stock levels, waste runs. I would then get any paper work I would need issuing by a senior analyst and print of any specifications which will be need on the day of testing. I would carry out the tests required in the most efficient timing which allows me to maximise my work day to the most. As this was my first job from graduating I have learned so much from the experience of what its like to work in a industry setting and the time lines which need to be met. I got along with everyone in my work place, the management were so understanding and very easy to approach with any problems, as well with my co-workers they would help me with any queries I had especially when I first started.The hardest part of the job was in my first few months of employment and it was referring to the pharmacopoeias as I was not familiar using them, but as time went on I became comfortable using them. The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge of performing new more difficult techniques and tests that I had not had the opportunity to perform yet.
Pros
Flexi-time, Healthcare
Good work, but Chinese staff very rude
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dessau, TXOctober 3, 2016
Good work colleagues. Good management in Germany and Japan.

However its sad that your production is remotely controlled from Singapore.

One time a mistake was made, then later in Sept this year an old Chinese witch from our Singapore office came to our office and gossiping rude things behind our backs and lecturing some of us in the office and cafeteria - making us Germans sound like we are incompetent! All because a colleague was tired and made one mistake.. like they never make mistakes themselves! Very poor morale.
Pros
work life balance, colleagues
Cons
poor morale, Singapore team
Productive Fun Place to Work
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2016
A typical work day consist of traveling to 10-12 accounts and engaging with doctors about different disease states such as Gout, Diabetes and Constipation. Most day I provide breakfast and lunches to offices to build rapport with office staff and doctors.
Micromanaging & Demoralizing Culture
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 5, 2016
The company is undergoing huge change with new US Commercial President and newer CEO. The culture is no longer one of honesty, integrity, and fairness like its Company Values profess.

Every year I was employeed with Takeda, we had a change in organizational structure and potential layoff.

In addition to the organizational flux, management in some departments are poor leaders, promoted because they 'get the job done' but with little regard or support for their team that has worked hard to contribute to their success.

I would caution anyone looking for a stable company with fair and impartial leadership to pursue Takeda at this time in their career.
Pros
Free fitness center, optional summer hours on Fridays
Cons
Poor departmental management & frequent reorganization activity
Productive work place with great culture
Project Manager Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 2, 2016
I have worked for Millennium/Takeda for 5 years now and I have grown so much within the the commercial side of the field.
My typical day is requires following up on action items, communicating to CMO of status updates and upcoming activities, as well as addressing any documentation excursion or revision
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heath benefits
Nice place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 28, 2016
 Developed detailed programs with NPLs that cover planning, initiation, execution, monitoring, and close out phases.
 Use MS Project and other programs to outline specifics for program milestones, requirements, payment schedules, subcontracts definition, technical work description, staffing, integrated master schedules, and budgets
 Worked as a liaison to build coalitions among the various stakeholders and negotiated authority to move the project forward to meet the timelines
 Monitoring program performance (technical, cost and schedule) through direct interaction with NPLs is a weekly routine.
no good
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeport, MAJune 15, 2016
My co-workers were great and I had a great time with them. But their human management was bad. They don't care about employees advancement.
Great Expierence
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 13, 2016
I was happy to dive into this position and learn.
It was a great educational experience and can take this anywhere!
• Transcribe all recorded medical, educational, and legal audio and video-recorded material including medical meetings, operative reports, patient histories and examinations, discharges, x-ray reports, progress reports, legal and educational sessions.
• Thorough knowledge of medical, legal, and educational transcription guidelines and practices.
• Extensive medical and legal terminology knowledge.
• Ability to understand diverse dialects and accounts.
• Excellent communication skills necessary to perform all essential job functions.
Pros
Travel, Compensation
Cons
learning to transcribe in a quick manner
Great culture
Senior District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2016
Hire, develop and train 11 sales representatives to be able to effectively sell our products to their physicians. This includes weekly field rides with my team where we review numbers, business strategies and developmental plans. My style is as a partner who expects a lot, but never asks anyone to do anything I would not do myself. The hardest part of the job is just being able to have a good work life balance. Best part is seeing people develop and get promoted into future leaders of the company
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Evolving healthcare industry
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2016
Develop and train 11 sales reps on a daily basis while managing a specific geography and all the products in that area. Develop business plans to hit company goals with the purpose of developing future leaders of Takeda
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Healthcare industry is evolving where it is more and more difficult to be able to impact physicians
Great place to work if you are not a contractor
Senior Purchasing Coordinator, Contract (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 10, 2016
Takeda offers some great benefits to its full-time employees, however, like most positions, if you are a contractor, they pile on the work with no real benefits.
Organizational Changes
Manager, Managed Markets Leadership Development (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 9, 2016
Many organization changes are currently underway. Great part of the company is that there are 1/2 day fridays to ensure work life balance.
Good Company and Benefits
Sr. Sample Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 8, 2016
Great Company! Good Benefits and Employees. Good work life balance and overall place to work. Need more companies like this in the Lake County area.
Great place to work with great leaders and employees
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. Great employees and great managers. Managers are real world. Takeda give responsibility and accountability at the local level, which allow individuals to determine their strategic approach.
Great Job Environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 8, 2016
There is a great environment among the workers, act like a family all together. There was a management change(head change), which the workers were not really happy about with the new management system.
Pros
Free lunches, great compensation, great benefits, great environment
Cons
poor management
Enjoyable
Records Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 28, 2016
I worked with contracts, and adverse events.
I worked with some amazing hardworking coworkers.
really enjoyed my time working as a Temp with Takeda.
Pros
Team work
Cons
long drive to work
Executive Coordinator, Patient Advocacy Group
Executive Coordinator, Patient Advocacy Group (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 16, 2016
Assisted with the launch Takeda’s new drug NINLARO® with Patient Advocacy and Commercial/Marketing team.
Spearheaded the creation of a multicultural team to address the disparities of the African American community in the Multiple Myeloma therapeutic area. Brought in the Dream Foundation to create Dreams for Multiple Myeloma Patients to promote Dreams for adults with Multiple Myeloma.
Great Job Experience
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 3, 2016
I owe this organization much gratitude for giving me the opportunity to work with a great sales force, develop much of my skill set over a long period of time and allowing me the appropriate education needed for continued work in the medical industry.
Pros
Great Job Environment/Compensation
Cons
Distance