Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Training Manager
Group Training Managerr (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 9, 2017
Good company and good culture allowing to run territory as own business. good leadership treats employees right and values employees experience from past experiences
Pros
Start-up company
Cons
poor management
Good culture to Work
NEMEA Digital lead (Current Employee) –  NEMEADecember 4, 2017
Cross function organization where everybody is taking the chance for learning , exposure and development .
Seeking for this challenging strategies to drive realization of business adept management of organizational diversity, while maintaining a firm focus on profitability gains and distinguished company performance.
Pros
Pomissing R&D
Cons
Lot of manegrial decissions in short time
The environment is always positive and fun. There’s a innovation room where people can hold meetings or go on their spare time to relax.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 27, 2017
If I had the option to work there year round, I would. Being a junior in high school and having the opportunity to work there as a program for my school and summer job, has been amazing. I learned so many skills and hope to continue to do so in my senior year.
Pros
An hour break for lunch.
Better when it was small
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 14, 2017
Takeda was a great company when it was a smaller company, but as Actos became a billion dollar company, the company grew immensley and the culture changed. It became a company that was unrecognizeable from the one I was initially hired in to.
Fun
MBA Internship _ Vaccine Launch Excellence (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 10, 2017
The company held many events to their interns that we could build up our network with other interns. In the same time, they also encouraged us to talk to people and to understand their job function that helped me to discover my right fit in the company.
Busy and Fun
Talent Acquisition Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 9, 2017
All though it is very busy and stressful at times, overall everyone is very friendly and helpful. As large as the company is, I felt as though I could reach out to any employee across the nation and they would be willing to help in any way possible.
Work Culture
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2017
Company overall is strong, with a good culture; however, the culture in Managed Markets was not positive. Most Account Managers and Directors work in an environment of fear and anxiety.
Management over sold role
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 6, 2017
I was told that I had career advancement opportunities, and growth. Wasn't true. I was told I had to find a different role within the company for advancement. Then my position was eliminated unexpectedly.
Pros
Year round summer hours
Cons
Cliques and favorites
I wouldn't recommend
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 4, 2017
Takeda doesn't have a pipeline to support the sales force. Constant bag mix change. Salary is rated in the mid to lower 50% of pharmaceutical companies. Constant sales force reduction every 5 years. Company moving away from primary care medicine.
Pros
Great counterparts
Cons
Low salary, constant management change
great people to work with
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 3, 2017
great place to work for but recent change in leadership has driven company to focus on more metrics instead of more of a sales focus. They preach LBO but thats not the case.
Pros
great manager
Cons
metrics
Management is not good which has wasted a lot of talents
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 27, 2017
A better management team is required and also recognition of the employees' talents is certainly not good enough. The culture of Millennium has been destructed significantly after it was bought by Takeda and the original strong discovery team fell apart because of incapable directors.
Ever changing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 12, 2017
If you can't handle constant change, it is not the place for you.
I learned many different skills and had great teams to work with.
The days were long but interesting
No work/life/balance and it was too far from home
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no work/life/balance and too far from home
Worse place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Cons:
Professional favoritism;
No possibility of professional development;
People without preparation, knowledge or experience are promoted.
Immature leaders (at all levels)
They give poor direction. HR does not help employees when they needed.

Pros: good benefit

Advice to Management: replace all managers, and HR at all facility in the US (Deer-field, Boston, Minnesota)
Lost it's way fast - no chance of getting it back!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 20, 2017
As a sales representative, the daily responsibilities are to call on medical professionals (MD's, PA's, APRN,s, etc) at these practitioners offices to discuss features and benefits of the products. Typically, I'd call on about 10-15 of these prescribers per day (average). The goal is to provide these prescribers with as much information (positive & negative) as possible, so they can make the appropriate decision on what product to give their patients.

I enjoyed working with these prescribers because I believed that Takeda had some really efficacious & safe products that could benefit patients. However, over time, things changed at Takeda and management somehow abandoned the "keeping the patient at the forefront" philosophy. My previous statement would be heavily debated by management at Takeda because it sounds completely ridiculous that a pharmaceutical company would not operate under that philosophy. Unfortunately, I've heard it first hand at company meetings and I've also seen it first hand in the field with managers. The most important thing was getting prescriptions, period!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, etc
Cons
Micromanaging
very Professional team
Field Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee) –  us fieldSeptember 18, 2017
good company with excellent benefits. upward mobility is somewhat limited but environment is positive. Management is very professional and supportive.
Great Company-excellant future
Director, OncBio Mfg, Supply & Quality Controlling (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 18, 2017
Takeda is a great company to work for if you are comfortable performing in a complex matrix hierarchy.
Comp & Benefits VERY attractive with a great work-life balance which allows some employees the flexibility to work at home on occasion
Only downside is that the company is now BIG-Pharm comprised of multiple cultures crossing geographical divides
Pros
Business growth & benefits
Cons
Complex hierarchy and decision support system
Pharma business is very unstable at this time. You never know how long you will keep your position.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I worked for Takeda for many years and was quite successful. Unfortunately I was let go. The main manager was helpful, but always had to be right. Busy workload. Pay was excellent when you reached company set goals.
Good company lacking future pipeline products
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Takeda is/was a great company but seems to have lost its focus. New ideas are met with skepticsm as the philosophy is well its always been done that way so why rock the ship. Great benefits, good people, diverse work environment but needs to have a plan for the future of the company.
Pros
Great benefits, diverse workplace, good co-workers
Cons
No strategic business plans on a local level, middle mgt. not in touch with healthcare today.
Fun Work Place
Marketing Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Worked there for my senior year in high school and I enjoyed it very much. Very nice and friendly co-workers. I really enjoyed my time working for Takeda.
A place to work
Associate Director of Category Management (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 12, 2017
A large pharma. This is what it is. Margins are low and pressure is high to save money. Alignment between procurement and business is difficult. Goals are very high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.