Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Tough but satisfying environment
Analytical Development (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2016
Management and coworkers are dedicated to excellence.

Very challenging timelines make work-life balance a constant struggle.

The best part of this job is knowing that the world will be just a little bit better for the work that this company does.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits + intellectually challenging work
Cons
Communication challenges primarily due to meetings that span multiple time zones.
Micromanaging & Demoralizing Culture
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 5, 2016
The company is undergoing huge change with new US Commercial President and newer CEO. The culture is no longer one of honesty, integrity, and fairness like its Company Values profess.

Every year I was employeed with Takeda, we had a change in organizational structure and potential layoff.

In addition to the organizational flux, management in some departments are poor leaders, promoted because they 'get the job done' but with little regard or support for their team that has worked hard to contribute to their success.

I would caution anyone looking for a stable company with fair and impartial leadership to pursue Takeda at this time in their career.
Pros
Free fitness center, optional summer hours on Fridays
Cons
Poor departmental management & frequent reorganization activity
Good work, but Chinese staff very rude
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dessau, TXOctober 3, 2016
Good work colleagues. Good management in Germany and Japan.

However its sad that your production is remotely controlled from Singapore.

One time a mistake was made, then later in Sept this year an old Chinese witch from our Singapore office came to our office and gossiping rude things behind our backs and lecturing some of us in the office and cafeteria - making us Germans sound like we are incompetent! All because a colleague was tired and made one mistake.. like they never make mistakes themselves! Very poor morale.
Pros
work life balance, colleagues
Cons
poor morale, Singapore team
Always changing bonus structure, call points and managers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Different bonus structure almost every quarter.
Move managers and restructure often and they encourage micro-management.
Call points constantly change
Budgets are minimal
Pros
Base pay is good and benefits decent
Cons
Please read review
A wonderful company to work for with amazing benefits
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 3, 2017
I am grateful to have had such great experience with Takeda Pharmaceuticals and learned so much as I promoted products across a range of disease states, launched products to multiple specialists and served in a variety of district and regional roles.
Pros
Benefits, income and flexibility in a professional work environment
Cons
Has become so large that it has lost personability
A professional, friendly and ethical working environment
Associate Director of Global Publications (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I have always felt motivated and enjoyed working with friendly yet professional colleagues. I value the company's ethical principles.
Pros
good work/life balance; friendly colleagues
Cons
reorganization resulted in employees being transfered to other cities and sometimes other countries
Great culture
Senior District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2016
Hire, develop and train 11 sales representatives to be able to effectively sell our products to their physicians. This includes weekly field rides with my team where we review numbers, business strategies and developmental plans. My style is as a partner who expects a lot, but never asks anyone to do anything I would not do myself. The hardest part of the job is just being able to have a good work life balance. Best part is seeing people develop and get promoted into future leaders of the company
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Evolving healthcare industry
Just ok job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 6, 2016
It's a great place to work with bad management.the money is good but there's no use in the money when your never out of work only long enough to sleep. They also go through new people all of the time because schedules are sometimes not good. You can't have a life and work this job it's not possible.
Pros
Good pay, easy days
Cons
No social life, bad management
Great working environment
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Company implemented a Local Business Ownership model, giving employees more empowerment to do their jobs.
Takeda has been around for a long time but it has its challenges in coming up with new products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
No new products in the pipeline
A strong company that loves its employees.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
The job was fantastic in that the company gave me all the resources needed to educated physicians. This made the job more enjoyable and opened a ton of options to be successful.
Pros
Benefits and perks
Productive, positive working environment
Quality Control Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Co. WicklowOctober 20, 2016
I would start the week by looking at my schedule which would tell my what materials I will be testing for the week and any other responsibilities to be carried e.g. water sampling, monitoring stock levels, waste runs. I would then get any paper work I would need issuing by a senior analyst and print of any specifications which will be need on the day of testing. I would carry out the tests required in the most efficient timing which allows me to maximise my work day to the most. As this was my first job from graduating I have learned so much from the experience of what its like to work in a industry setting and the time lines which need to be met. I got along with everyone in my work place, the management were so understanding and very easy to approach with any problems, as well with my co-workers they would help me with any queries I had especially when I first started.The hardest part of the job was in my first few months of employment and it was referring to the pharmacopoeias as I was not familiar using them, but as time went on I became comfortable using them. The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge of performing new more difficult techniques and tests that I had not had the opportunity to perform yet.
Pros
Flexi-time, Healthcare
Great company to work for
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Employees are very knowledgeable, nice, and helpful. Most enjoyable part is you can schedule your work week yourself and you are always going new places and meeting new people. Least enjoyable part is the job is like running your own business, so it requires work "after the clock". Typical day would be a conference call in the morning or evening, then drive to different offices talking to doctors about your product and their patients and leaving samples, then picking up lunch and taking it to an office and talking to the employees and doctors about your products, then coming home and doing expenses, inventory, emails, etc.
Pros
Scheduling your own work week
Cons
Not a very stable industry
Good Company
Outsourcing Administrator / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 28, 2016
Company has expanded and is doing a lot of good work. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a career. They pay well and are extremely flexible.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Awesome team work with priority on work life balance. Lovely work environment, with open floor plan. Very academic as well with many speakers and presentations during lunch time.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
None.
Great Expierence
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 13, 2016
I was happy to dive into this position and learn.
It was a great educational experience and can take this anywhere!
• Transcribe all recorded medical, educational, and legal audio and video-recorded material including medical meetings, operative reports, patient histories and examinations, discharges, x-ray reports, progress reports, legal and educational sessions.
• Thorough knowledge of medical, legal, and educational transcription guidelines and practices.
• Extensive medical and legal terminology knowledge.
• Ability to understand diverse dialects and accounts.
• Excellent communication skills necessary to perform all essential job functions.
Pros
Travel, Compensation
Cons
learning to transcribe in a quick manner
good company
Pharmaceutical Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Great work life, good sales, and caring organization. Saw physicals and gave samples on medical products. Cold called, and worked face to face with doctors
Busy environment that a nice culture, employees and learning opportunities.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here very much, as well as my position. My manager was a fantastic person & a pleasure to work with. Equally so, the employees were very nice & always willing to support and be of help.

They are very inclusive with their contract employees which was nice & the culture was exceptional.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Integration endings and disorganizations
no good
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeport, MAJune 15, 2016
My co-workers were great and I had a great time with them. But their human management was bad. They don't care about employees advancement.
Over worked, under paid, not appreciated
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Great starter job but don't expect good pay. Training is sufficient. Managers have minimal people skills and lack self awareness. The few good ones left are hard to find. Colleagues cab often be extremely catty and self centered. They are usually out for themselves.
Pros
great place to get experience
Cons
not a forever retirement venue
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2016
Takeda is a very good place to work overall. Typically, work start at between 8:30 and 9 a.m. The manager that I work for is extremely intelligent and she always encourage you to learn more and ask questions.
Pros
Compersation is good and the working environment is also very good
Cons
It is not easy to get converted from a contractor to a full time employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.