Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Lost it's way fast - no chance of getting it back!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 20, 2017
As a sales representative, the daily responsibilities are to call on medical professionals (MD's, PA's, APRN,s, etc) at these practitioners offices to discuss features and benefits of the products. Typically, I'd call on about 10-15 of these prescribers per day (average). The goal is to provide these prescribers with as much information (positive & negative) as possible, so they can make the appropriate decision on what product to give their patients.

I enjoyed working with these prescribers because I believed that Takeda had some really efficacious & safe products that could benefit patients. However, over time, things changed at Takeda and management somehow abandoned the "keeping the patient at the forefront" philosophy. My previous statement would be heavily debated by management at Takeda because it sounds completely ridiculous that a pharmaceutical company would not operate under that philosophy. Unfortunately, I've heard it first hand at company meetings and I've also seen it first hand in the field with managers. The most important thing was getting prescriptions, period!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, etc
Cons
Micromanaging
very Professional team
Field Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee) –  us fieldSeptember 18, 2017
good company with excellent benefits. upward mobility is somewhat limited but environment is positive. Management is very professional and supportive.
Great Company-excellant future
Director, OncBio Mfg, Supply & Quality Controlling (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 18, 2017
Takeda is a great company to work for if you are comfortable performing in a complex matrix hierarchy.
Comp & Benefits VERY attractive with a great work-life balance which allows some employees the flexibility to work at home on occasion
Only downside is that the company is now BIG-Pharm comprised of multiple cultures crossing geographical divides
Pros
Business growth & benefits
Cons
Complex hierarchy and decision support system
Pharma business is very unstable at this time. You never know how long you will keep your position.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I worked for Takeda for many years and was quite successful. Unfortunately I was let go. The main manager was helpful, but always had to be right. Busy workload. Pay was excellent when you reached company set goals.
Good company lacking future pipeline products
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Takeda is/was a great company but seems to have lost its focus. New ideas are met with skepticsm as the philosophy is well its always been done that way so why rock the ship. Great benefits, good people, diverse work environment but needs to have a plan for the future of the company.
Pros
Great benefits, diverse workplace, good co-workers
Cons
No strategic business plans on a local level, middle mgt. not in touch with healthcare today.
Fun Work Place
Marketing Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Worked there for my senior year in high school and I enjoyed it very much. Very nice and friendly co-workers. I really enjoyed my time working for Takeda.
A place to work
Associate Director of Category Management (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 12, 2017
A large pharma. This is what it is. Margins are low and pressure is high to save money. Alignment between procurement and business is difficult. Goals are very high.
Relaxed
Outsourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Unstable at the moment. Great Cafeteria, Starbucks onsite, free gym for employees, Green Building, covered garage. offers work from home days, dressed code is relaxed.
Pros
work from home days, relaxed dress code, great benefits
Cons
unstableness, poor compensation
great company but changing landscape
Territory Sales Executive- B2B Medical Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
over all great people to work with and a great company culture. Most of the management is from the old pharma days and are unaware of how much access to physicians has changed as well as regulations that prohibit many of the main job tasks. This resulted in much unnecessary back end work and unrealistic goals.
Pros
company culture
Cons
local management, no autonomy in budget decisions, unrealistic goals
Great company
Sr. Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 31, 2017
Due to a restructuring of employees, I was laid off after 15 years. No hard feelings. Great experience! Great people. It wasn't perfect, but what job really is?

Want to know more about Takeda Pharmaceuticals?

Ask a question
The Best Place to work
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRAugust 17, 2017
The only reason I left was due to having to relocate my family in a different country, but if I have the opportunity to work with them again I will do it with all the pleasure, great culture, benefits, work environment and people.
Challenging job, mentally rewarding, patient comes first
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  MontanaAugust 16, 2017
flexible hours dictated by the science, focus on the product quality always, encouraged to have a work life balance. Paid time off for volunteering, Family is important.
Pros
Science dictates the hours worked
Cons
Science dictates the hours worked
This was a great place to get my career started.
Research Associate II, Analytical Group (Current Employee) –  Bozeman MTAugust 16, 2017
Good work life balance, poor opportunities for advancement. This was a great place to get a start on my career and there were many opportunities for travel.
Excellent learning and industry experience
Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2017
I really enjoyed promoting a product that was innovative and beneficial to patients with limited options. The company provided thorough training and product education and also established a respectable culture and mission.
Pros
Resource allocation, team support, new company
Cons
65+ hours per week
only work related day
Directory Service & Messaging Global Lead (Current Employee) –  Denmark, DKAugust 10, 2017
If I work on office, I sit in my own office only and do a lot of phone conference with my college around the world. common lunch on the site. When I work from home I also do a lot of phone conference and do my lunch on my own.
The office is very quite and with almost no college.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Always work related - nothing else
Strong Company to work for but no Job security and opportunity
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
It has been and still is a great run. Management for the most part leaves you alone, not to much of a pain in the butt. I personally have a solid salary but their pay scale is much lower than most in the industry. Bonus plan is the lowest I have heard of in the industry even after they upped it to 27,000 per year at 100% payout. They also make it hard to get paid a full bonus. Local Management is really good. Upper management I think is average. Best Vacation and time-off package in the industry. Excellent benefits, excellent 401k match and yearly contribution. Solid Company Car Program, Good cars.. Best Job I have ever had, but this company has zero pipeline unless they buy new products. There was just a layoff on march, 2017. Another layoff is imminent. Job security is low and advancement is hard. I would not recommend starting with Takeda at this moment. If their pipeline gets better, they could be a great place to work again.
Pros
Benifits 401k and Vacation Package
Cons
No Pipeline, Recent layoff, Job Security Low, and Advancement is Low
See prior review
Professional Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 4, 2017
this is a duplicate question that was answered previously- the software misread my resume as there is no "rheumatology". that position was with Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Great company
Clinical Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 27, 2017
i loved going to work every day there. i really felt like i and the people that i worked with were dedicated to making a difference everyday. it was a great learning experience and a joy
Typical Internship
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 25, 2017
Indeed is requiring me to write a review for this company to move on the next page, but I don't have any useful or interesting information about this company to share.
20 years
Senior District Business/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 24, 2017
TAP/Takeda was a great place to work with a people first culture. In the past 8 years Takeda has grown & evolved into the typical Big Pharma inbred thinking. Takeda no longer values innovative solution thinking but in the box metrics execution.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, People
Cons
Pipeline, Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.