Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Great Work Life balance.
Operational Buyer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 25, 2017
Excellent benefits package. Flexible work schedules to accent the company belief in work life balance. Lots of room for change and advancement. Constant change
Well trained and prepared for Pharmaceutical Company.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2017
Takeda is a remarkable company to work for with a patient focused approached. Takeda offers great training and development for their sales forces to help be the value leader with their products.
Great start only to see diappointing changes.
Area Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 24, 2017
Great place to work in the early days. Company changed significantly post integration with former TAP employees. After I left, I was constantly being contacted by former colleagues who where dissatisfied and looking for other opportunities.
Pros
Very strong training and development.
Cons
Highly political culture.
Diverse and inclusive company with similarly diverse product portfolio
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
Putting patients at the core of their mission in sales, product development and marketing is a key component. The workplace landscape is constantly changing, as is most of pharma.
Nice balance between work and family.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 23, 2017
A relaxed atmosphere helps productivity.I was given the opportunity to learn new techniques and offer my own skills when appropriate. Taco Tuesdays, occasional luncheons are nice.
Pros
Taco Tuesday
Cons
Facility closing
Average pharma compay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 22, 2017
Takeda was an average pharmaceutical company across the board. Typical in the way they say they are transparent when they are really translucent. Great place work as far as aspects of being a pharma rep. All the benefits of pharmaceutical sale but some what under impressive overall idea of being with a company going somewhere.
Loved the salary time off and local employees ! Doctors are the best customers ever !
Pros
Very high compensation
Cons
Low job stability for even good reps
Great Company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 22, 2017
Takeda is a great company to work for. Generous time off, paid holidays, and flexibility. Great management and really care about employees. State of the art facilities. Everything you could ask for in a company.

My only negative thing (which could be my department only), no one talked to each other. Everyone ate lunch at their desks and did work and went home. This is good for work/life balance but made work boring at times. They also don't hire unless you have experience. No out of college applicants.
Pros
Time off, Benefits, Pay
Cons
No socialization and older workforce
still undergoing reorganization strugles
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 19, 2017
Has great potential but it will take awhile. Strong research science and some very good people.

The culture is one of caring and having a commitment to advancing treatments for cancer.
Gained 23 years of experience
Senior Specialty Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Takeda allowed me to gain valuable experience. I have 23 years as a salesperson and manager. Takeda has history of taking care of people. I've been able to have career advancement and develop my leadership skills.
Pros
Care about people
Cons
No future
Great place to work as long as you don't get caught in the lay offs
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMay 17, 2017
A lot of management changes during my 10+ years there so must be flexible with change.

Culture changed continuously so it would be in error to comment on it.

There were 3 lay offs during my tenure and the last one was the one I got caught up in. They need more drugs in their pipeline to be considered stable at this point.
Senior District Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2017
I was a manager for over 17 years and enjoyed the people I worked worked tremendously. Takeda values peoples opinions and strives to helpe everyone improve their skills.
Used to be great
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMay 16, 2017
Used to be great. New US management only cares about the short term bottom line. No long term consideration. Very cookie cutter. They expect the same thing to work in rural and urban territories but refuse to factor in size of territory.
Pros
company car
Cons
micromanagement
Constant Change
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 15, 2017
Good pay but constant reorganization and workforce reductions makes it difficult to get things done. Culture of siloed bsuiness units makes it difficult to work as a unified company. New employees are not always welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much change
Intership
Office Internship (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 14, 2017
This job was a really good a experience I had a chance to get during my high school something not all teenagers get a chance. I guess the hardest part of the job was adapting to using so much technology all the time. I really enjoyed spending time with my coworkers and manager who are very patient in teaching me.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
to much technology
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 11, 2017
Great company culture, good people to work with. Great place to start pharmaceutical career. Benefits and work/life is great. Compensation is low for the industry average.
Pros
culture, people, products
Cons
compensation
Leader in the industry with Benefits
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 10, 2017
Excellent training program
They listen to their employees and consistently update the needs and wants of benefits
I love and believe in the products I promote and enjoy partnering with practitioners to offer a solution to their patients needs
Great Sales people
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
Had a great team at Takeda. The reps are very versatile and hard working. They promote team environment but give them the opportunity for entrepreneurship within their territories.
Great benefits, good people, limited pipeline
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 8, 2017
Takeda has great benefits, salaries are comparable to industry standards, managers are excellent, peers are supportive and helpful. The people create a positive working environment.
Pros
the people
Cons
limited pipeline
Exciting and filled with adventures
Senior Import, Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 7, 2017
The office environment is quite paced any provided a lot of training to meet the corporate requirement. However you must learnt to be an investigator to find informing to complete your job and service cross functional entities.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
On you own
Takeda is a good company...
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2017
Takeda is a good company with strong people. The main problem is due to the fact they have several late stage drugs that will go generic and currently nothing new in the pipeline. They need to acquire a company (which they have been unable to do in the past 2 years) to continue to have their primary care sales force be sustainable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval