Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
Great company with many perks. You feel you are making a change in peoples lives. the office started to get crowded as the company grew. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
lunch
Cons
dinner
Rewarding Work
Technical Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 25, 2015
Good work environment and pay. Rewarding work. Sometimes felt there was a lack of communication between departments that made work more difficult than it needed to be.
Great Comoany
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaOctober 7, 2015
Unfortunately Contract is ending. Would highly recommend getting hired directly with the company to avoid any headaches. But overall great environment.
Pros
Great Learning Environment
Cons
Major medication went generic
Professional Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane waSeptember 24, 2015
I love working for Takeda, my manager is wonderful. He knows how to get the best out of his team. Red tape is an issue but with the size of the company, a personal touch from above is very much noticed and appreciated.
Pros
Freedom, free lunches, coffee, collaborate with highly educated professionals daily
Great Company
Sr. Research Associate, DMPK Bioanalytical (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 5, 2015
Environment, culture, and benefits are great! I would highly recommend this place for people interested in joining a great company.
No work life balance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Poor leadership makes for a tough work environment. No work life balance. Forcasting for goals is unrealistic. Too much micromanagement. Only enjoyable part of the job is working with counterparts.
Large Pharma Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 25, 2015
Wonderful place to work where I gained an abundance of experience.
Management was wonderful to work for and I learned several things from them.
One
Randstad Pharma Contractor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 15, 2015
This is an incomplete list that may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.
Great company with Actos was a big seller
Senior Clinical Science Liaison (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Takeda very much. We had a great MSL team, good managers and support. I got to work in several therapeutic areas and developed great MSL relationships.

The company changed a lot with the take over of TAP. These were two very different companies. My job changed a lot with a new therapeutic area and joining a team from TAP. Sales suffered and the company went through several reductions in staff.
Pros
very good management from the field side.
Cons
poor research and projecting
Clinical Data Manager consultant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 3, 2015
The office is really nice, the employees are friendly, the pace of work is decent, there is a real understanding of work-life balance. I would be happy to work here again.
Pros
worklife balance
Cons
constant reorganizations, a bit too heavily siloed
Professional Sales Representative
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 1, 2013
My work for Takeda was a game changer for me professionally. It was my first job in pharmaceutical sales and the environment in which I learned nearly all of what I know about the industry. I successfully acclimated from a career in patient care to one in sales, which was a steep learning curve culturally for the first year or so. Ultimately, I grew into sales and now feel completely comfortable and that my greatest strength is the ability to merge my background in health care with a highly competitive environment in which I thrive on the attainment of measurable goals.
Pros
professional development
Cons
instability of industry
Lack of talented executive leadership. No promising pipline just me too drugs!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 6, 2012
If you like to be highly micromanaged and need a bureaucratic structure to perform then Takeda USA is the place for you. This company is plagued with poor morale and two clashing cultures stemming from the convergence of TAP and existing Takeda legacy folks back in 2008. They lost their two multi billion dollar cash cows in Prevacid and Actos and have nothing left in the tank but me too products to keep the ship floating.
Pros
high salaries, stock options, benefits, company cars, cresset trip, bonus plan
Cons
lead by human resources, ethics and compliance and legal team.
Takeda Going on a Downward Spiral
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 13, 2012
Takeda was once a promising company, but has suffered a number of setbacks such as a dry product pipeline and products submitted to the FDA that do not receive approval.

That said, there have been several rounds of layoffs in the past few years. Consequently, the culture is negative. In addition, the supervisors are clueless and do not care about employees.

I am thankful for moving on to more promising ventures.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
mediocre compensation, a negative work culture, lots of layoffs
Very competitive pay and laid back environment
Manager, Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 25, 2015
Going through a global transition which is presenting variable work days. Provides an environment to learn and build skill sets within multiple functional areas.
It's not what it used to be
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 8, 2015
When I was there there was a lot of money flowing around and it showed. Parties, booze, dinners, etc. I hear it's really gone downhill.
Good place to work and learn
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 31, 2013
Culture shift causing instability among employees and managers. Still a good company to be a part of if you are willing to work hard and be recognized for your effort.
Pros
compensation
Cons
micromanagers are multiplying deminishing your creative ability
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityApril 13, 2015
Takeda really understands work/life balance. Their training is top-notch, and my co-workers are amazing, as is my manager.
Excellent company with great benefits!
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 13, 2013
Calling on specialist and primary care physcians. Learned business acumen and effective pre-call planning. The management was extremely knowledgable and organized. My co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was the administrative responsibilities. I enjoyed the manager ride alongs.
Pros
benefits and bonus structure
Cons
job stability
Training intern Takeda Pharmaceuticals PK PD Modelling
Training intern (Former Employee) –  Newyork,NYMay 2, 2015
• Supported rational quantitative decision-making in drug discovery and development through mathematical modelling applications
• Translated preclinical data into recommendations for clinical development, and to make drugs more developable at every development stage along the way
• Mathematical modeling is applied to drug discovery and development
• Worked in a high-functioning, tightly-knit team of creative, energetic scientists
Culture of the company has changed
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 24, 2012
Takeda used to be an incredible place to work. Since the merger the priorities have changed. There is no consistency between top management and middle management. The culture of the company had dwindled and there is very little job satisfaction.
Pros
you can create your own schedule, company car, gas card
Cons
physician access is tough, products not growing, managers are clueless