Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Asset Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 10, 2017
Quick working environment Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects within a team environment. Adaptable and flexible to changes in the workplace. Strong level of experience, professionalism, client responsiveness, and commitment
Pros
Knowledge of comlete company IT hardware
Cons
Not able to work enough hours
Na
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 10, 2017
This is a great company to work for. My fellow employees were very helpful launching my career in pharmaceutical sales. Takeda has a great portfolio of efficacious and safe products
Quality Products
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Promotes products for gout, GI, depression. The days are very busy promoting the products, setting up lunches and speaker programs and taking time to for administrative work and analyzing business opportunities.
Big Pharma Co trying to maintain "family focused" mentality...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2017
Initially, Takeda impressed me w/its long-tenured employees and strong reputation for being a family-focused Pharma company. Sadly, as has been the case for most of the other pharma organizations, a recent layoff left over 480 Reps and District Managers without jobs last week. Its a good company to work for but it's no different than all the others out there. Takeda appears to have a shrinking pipeline of both new and existing drugs.
Pros
Company culture, flexibility
Cons
volatile due to nearing patent expiration(s) and slim pipeline. Layoffs to be expected.
Great employees
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 5, 2017
Products that are #1 in class and great people to work with. Work life balance was pretty balanced and territories are treated as your own. More of owning your physicians and making decisions that would positively impact your growth and development.
Pharma Life Cycle
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 5, 2017
As a rep, Senior rep and then in a Home Office role, this business model is easy to understand. If you can achieve sales targets and prove yourself to be exceptional, there is a clear path to move up into bigger scope roles. I was very glad to have had this industry experience.
Progressive company with a solid future
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 5, 2017
Takeda has a very good workplace culture. The company is concerned about fair and ethical treatment of employees with patient care at the center of all operations and policy. Compensation is at industry standard. It is the goal of the company to allow the local representatives to feel empowered to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Great company to work for
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 2, 2017
This company was the first Pharmaceutical company that gave me a shot at a Pharmaceutical sales job experience. I was very successful at this job, winning several sales awards in 17 1/2 years of employment with Takeda.
Pros
Great experience in the Pharmaceuticals Industry
Cons
I can't think of any
Pharmaceutical Compaany
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 2, 2017
Pharmaceutical sales company. Headquarters in Deerfeild, Illinios. Parent company located in Japan. Districts and bag mix changes happened frequently. Most recently announced layoffs without any notice at all.
rewarding and fun
PRIMARY CARE & SPECIALTY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  HighApril 2, 2017
Managed and strategically identified key customers to drive product portfolio in an ever changing environment. Had the opportunity to successfully launch 2 new products. Great leadership with an encouraging goal oriented culture. I would not say I have ever encountered anything that is "hard" but certainly challenging. This is where I have an opportunity to shine and be innovative and creative in order to drive sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing our sales directly impact and help patients who need our products. I also enjoy the teamwork and striving to reach sales goals.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
Job stability in an ever changing healthcare environment
Awesome workplace although management not so much
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 31, 2017
Loved working for the organization overall, but the new management that is currently active is questionable. Lay off without any notice and has nothing in the pipeline...
Excellent company that generally demonstrates fairness to employees
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 30, 2017
I love working for Takeda. It is "Big Pharma" but without the Big Pharma feel. You're part of the Takeda family. They generally always do the fair thing where the employees, customers and patients are concerned, even with difficult decisions. I'm deeply saddened because today I was included in a large 480 employee layoff from Takeda. Even though it's a difficult pill to swallow, Takeda is still going above and beyond to help us financially during our exit with 8 weeks of pay and a very generous severance package, even if we hire on with another company during the exiting process.
Great company and a pleasure serving as a facilitator and salesperson with great products.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2017
Great co workers and efficient team players. The culture was nice and was proud to call my peers family. My team was very goal oriented and we "game planned" weekly. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the HCP's and office staff detailed and informative information on our products. Just knowing I was able to accomplish my job made me feel as though I was doing my part to contribute to my community.
Takeda
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2017
Great company but lots of change happening from the top down. The company has not been transparent with the changes. Great management that wants you to succeed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Managed care
Great Products
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MaineMarch 30, 2017
Clear goals
Effective marketing strategy
Management is connected with the reps to ensure logical feedback and goal setting.
Comp and benefits are great
Pros
Car
Cons
Top level decision making
Great people
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 30, 2017
Nice people and a good company. Going through changes now, not sure how if will play out. At times compensation was very fair, but that changed recently.
World class training and product pipeline.
Professional Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 14, 2017
Amazing people and culture. Products are blockbusters that help people and treat core disease states. Biotech cutting edge advancements set the pipeline apart from other pharmaceutical companies.
Pros
Amazing company culture.
Cons
Travel can be extensive in some territories.
Wonderful place to work
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 8, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great benefits, worklife balance and great company culture. They really take care of their employees. They are always looking for ways to improve.
Good company to work for. Pathway to advancement is there. Opportunities to excel and be compensated.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes many hours both in the field and back home in my office.
Learning is a daily process and is comprised of many things.
Management is its own culture drive by company goals
Workplace culture is driven by experience and relationships
Hardest part of job is keeping focused on your objectives because majority of your time is on your own.
Most enjoyable part of job is self satisfaction of achieving challenges
Pros
Great enviroment;frienships;achieving goals.
Cons
Goals themselves
Busy environment that a nice culture, employees and learning opportunities.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here very much, as well as my position. My manager was a fantastic person & a pleasure to work with. Equally so, the employees were very nice & always willing to support and be of help.

They are very inclusive with their contract employees which was nice & the culture was exceptional.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Integration endings and disorganizations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.