Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals United States Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Sr Exec Admin/Project Coordinator to 3 V.P's (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: contract position
I supported four scientists and physician/scientists traveled extensively and, even when in Chicago, had frequent video-/teleconferences across the globe spanning early morning to late evening. I was at the hub of all this activity, closely managing all of our travel and meetings. For all of these requirements, I was able to be highly efficient, effective, and independent which is why they trusted me. In addition, I accurately managed, filed, and tracked volumes of complex expense reports, often involving multiple currencies. In addition, I was able demonstrat my initiative on multiple occasions, such as organizing team building meetings; developing a better internal tracking system for project expenditures; to cite a few examples.
In doing all of the above, my strong loyalty to our team and being an effective ambassador for us when I interfaced with other organizations in Takeda only generated effecitive work preformance and valued relationships between us. Another attribute worth reiterating my V.P. and team contunously communicated my ability to perform my duties independently and responsibly without much active management-essential for a group so frequently out of office. On a daily basis, I approached her job with energy and enthusiasm helping to foster an overall motivational environment. I was a consummate team player, being helpful and supportive of other Takeda colleagues outside of our group.
Based on this experience, I regard this is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for. Again I was constintely thanked for my work and told that I was talented, technologically savvy, trustworthy, and dedicated to making the persons I supported more successful and effective. I have every confidence that I enhanced my team morale, environment and that i was considered a value to their organization.
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Warren, OHDecember 24, 2012
Make an average of 10 -12 calls per dayto target physicians.
Have sold in the GI's, Endo's and Family Practice offices
Great place to work, Truly takes care of employees
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GADecember 15, 2012
A phenomenal place to work! I learned a great deal about relationship building, strategic territory management, and leadership. I thoroughly enjoy my coworkers and the day to day interactions with physicians.
Sales
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 14, 2012
Pros: nice cars
Cons: management are not coaches, they are bosses.
Takeda has few innovative drugs. They are competing in saturated markets with poor managed care coverage. They will be facing more layoffs in the future.
established company with clear goals and values
Medical Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2012
Pros: compensation, vacation, territory geography
Cons: multiple reps in same offices
I enjoyed my time at Takeda and I loved the work environment. My manager was great and all my co-workers worked toward the common goal of growing market share while maintaining focus on the patient. I had responsibility for teaching institutions and hospitals in addition to community based physicians. I loved the interaction with the offices and I welcomed the challenge of working with the institutions and developing relationships with Pharmacy.
Lack of talented executive leadership. No promising pipline just me too drugs!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: high salaries, stock options, benefits, company cars, cresset trip, bonus plan
Cons: lead by human resources, ethics and compliance and legal team.
If you like to be highly micromanaged and need a bureaucratic structure to perform then Takeda USA is the place for you. This company is plagued with poor morale and two clashing cultures stemming from the convergence of TAP and existing Takeda legacy folks back in 2008. They lost their two multi billion dollar cash cows in Prevacid and Actos and have nothing left in the tank but me too products to keep the ship floating.
A wonderful sales experience
Sales Representative - Diabetes Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2012
I promoted a portfolio of Diabetes and GI products to Family Practices physicians and Endocrine Specialists by providing a total office call approach and garnering in–depth complex clinical discussions with Physicians, Nurses, Medical Assistants, Office Managers, Billing Clerks, and other Office Personnel.
pharmacutical comany
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Buffalo North ,NYNovember 12, 2012
Pros: excellent partners
Cons: poor pipeline/upper managment
Selling pharmaceuticals to: Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Endocrinologists, Cardiologists, Psychiatrists and Rheumatologists, as well as Gastroenterologists. Consistently strategizing with my teammates in order to complete a 13 call/day minimum routing.
Great job, great experience.
SENIOR SALES PROFESSIONAL, Southeastern MA (Former Employee), New BedfordSeptember 18, 2012
It was a great job, and great experience.
As with anything in life, it had its ups and downs.
Excellent leadership and culture
District Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILSeptember 5, 2012
District Manager, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Deerfield, IL
(12/2007 to 8/2010) (* Corporate Restructuring)
Managed 10 representatives within the Boston District, that consisted of RI, all of MA minus Springfield
West and Hartford East. Product lines consisted of Uloric (March 2009 Launch), Rozerem and Provigil.
These products were marketed to Rheumatologists, Pulmonologists, Psychiatrists, Neurologists and Primary
Care Physicians.

Situational Leadership Training and Managerial Style; Develop and Coach representatives via training platforms and Marketing Programs; Manage budgets effectively- *I did not exceed one budget parameter in fiscal 2010; Execute Sales initiatives-*each representative had a business plan in place, as well as a managed care template, in an effort to maximize sales and profits for Takeda; Regional Achievement Award for highest average number of Uloric prescribers per territory; Highly Favorable Appraisal Ratings over the past 3 sales years with Takeda.

" Uloric launch trx volume growth fiscal 2009- Q1-393, Q2-850, Q3-1115 scripts
" Rozerem Goal Attainment for same period at or above the national average- Q1- 96.3%, Q2- 93.9%, Q3- 100.3%
" Average territory bonus payout more than doubled from (January - March 2010- $1,614) to $3,956 for the time period of April 2010 - June 2010- *this was the last reporting period before restructuring
" All of this was accomplished without a full team in place and with multiple vacancy points. Furthermore, the team accomplished these sales markers within the challenging New England marketplace

**Notables beyond Standard Job – more... Duties: 1. 125 field days in fiscal 2010 (*corporate expectation was 104); 2.
Represented the Region at both a Managed Markets Meeting (SAM, 11/09) and the Area POA Meeting in
Boston, 1/10; 3. Received a Recognition Award from a Managed Care RAM for supporting a strategic
Action for Atrius Healthcare; 4. Was 1 of approximately 12 management level (DMs, RSDs and
Leadership Development) team members that took part in the creation of a future National Program called
"Crucial Conversations". *This program will be rolled out to the entire sales force; 4. Had 1 representative
Promoted to a Senior Level sales representative during the year and 3 representatives who achieved Cresset
(A.K.A. President's Club) over the past 2.5 years, in different geographies – less
Overall a great experience and good company to work for!
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 4, 2012
I spent over 11 years with this company and sold many pharmaceutical products.
The pharmaceutical environment is rapidly-changing. To be successful one must be able to adapt to change. This is just one of the reasons that made
Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2012
Takeda Pharmaceuticals has grown significantly over the last 6 1/2 years that I was there. The day-to-day job functions remain much the same, such as calling on physicians offices and promoting various disease states and products. Takeda has taught me a significant amount about the pharmaceutical industry, such as, various sales models, multiple disease states and how to adapt in a rapidly-changing environment. The management structure has also changed quite significantly with new district managers, regional managers, and area managers coming on board. Overall, Takeda was a great place to work and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Good in the beginning, less opportunity for professional growth, lack of transparency
Sr. Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJuly 13, 2012
Enjoyed the first 5 years of culture, camaraderie and mission. Lack of professional growth opportunities.
Experienced some of my best years as a Takeda employee
Senior Sample Support Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 8, 2012
Pros: great healthcare benefits, free use of the fitness center, starbucks cafe, a convenience store, dry cleaning services, and cafeteria services for breakfast and lunch.
My 10 plus years with Takeda has been very productive where I was able to utilize my skills and experience from previous positions and learned so much more of the Pharma industry.

I've had the best managers and enjoyed working with a diverse group of co-workers. I've grown tremendously as a person and employee and I'm very thankful for my time and experiences at Takeda.
Would not recommend due to lack of product development.
Specialty Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2012
Pros: paycheck
Cons: will not have a job long
The company has zero R&D and will go under within two years.

Too many levels of management.
good company, who cared about the patient
Professional Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Southeast Idaho and Western WyomingJune 20, 2012
Pros: travel, and compensation, and the job, overall.
Cons: frustration in not being able to have an impact with an office.
An employee needed to be a good self-starter, calling on an average of 10 offices a day. You were pretty much on your own, with an occasional phone call or meeting with your counterpart once a week. I really enjoyed the interaction with the different offices, and the ability to impact patient's lives. The travel was enjoyable and enabled me to see different areas I normally wouldn't.
Takeda Going on a Downward Spiral
Former employee (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJune 13, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: mediocre compensation, a negative work culture, lots of layoffs
Takeda was once a promising company, but has suffered a number of setbacks such as a dry product pipeline and products submitted to the FDA that do not receive approval.

That said, there have been several rounds of layoffs in the past few years. Consequently, the culture is negative. In addition, the supervisors are clueless and do not care about employees.

I am thankful for moving on to more promising ventures.
Not quite the same
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: unstable work enviornment
Unfortunately, Takeda has had some growing pains since merging with TAP a few years ago, as provent by 2 reductions in staff in less than 2 years. Sadly, The enviornment has changed in a negative way.
Takeda is a very good company to work.
July 2007-Present (Current Employee), Tinley Park, IL /Kankakee, IL/Chicago SouthMarch 14, 2012
I would rate Takeda as one of the top Pharmaceuticals companies to work. I learned a lot. The company really cares about their employees and offer excellent training.
This company cares about their employees.
Sr. Employee Resource Center (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILMarch 14, 2012
Takeda is ever changing and evolving to continue to keep a competitive edge.

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Salaries