Takeda Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Great place to work as long as you don't get caught in the lay offs
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMay 17, 2017
A lot of management changes during my 10+ years there so must be flexible with change.

Culture changed continuously so it would be in error to comment on it.

There were 3 lay offs during my tenure and the last one was the one I got caught up in. They need more drugs in their pipeline to be considered stable at this point.
Senior District Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2017
I was a manager for over 17 years and enjoyed the people I worked worked tremendously. Takeda values peoples opinions and strives to helpe everyone improve their skills.
Used to be great
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMay 16, 2017
Used to be great. New US management only cares about the short term bottom line. No long term consideration. Very cookie cutter. They expect the same thing to work in rural and urban territories but refuse to factor in size of territory.
Pros
company car
Cons
micromanagement
Constant Change
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 15, 2017
Good pay but constant reorganization and workforce reductions makes it difficult to get things done. Culture of siloed bsuiness units makes it difficult to work as a unified company. New employees are not always welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much change
Intership
Office Internship (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 14, 2017
This job was a really good a experience I had a chance to get during my high school something not all teenagers get a chance. I guess the hardest part of the job was adapting to using so much technology all the time. I really enjoyed spending time with my coworkers and manager who are very patient in teaching me.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
to much technology
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 11, 2017
Great company culture, good people to work with. Great place to start pharmaceutical career. Benefits and work/life is great. Compensation is low for the industry average.
Pros
culture, people, products
Cons
compensation
Leader in the industry with Benefits
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 10, 2017
Excellent training program
They listen to their employees and consistently update the needs and wants of benefits
I love and believe in the products I promote and enjoy partnering with practitioners to offer a solution to their patients needs
Great Sales people
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
Had a great team at Takeda. The reps are very versatile and hard working. They promote team environment but give them the opportunity for entrepreneurship within their territories.
Great benefits, good people, limited pipeline
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 8, 2017
Takeda has great benefits, salaries are comparable to industry standards, managers are excellent, peers are supportive and helpful. The people create a positive working environment.
Pros
the people
Cons
limited pipeline
Exciting and filled with adventures
Senior Import, Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 7, 2017
The office environment is quite paced any provided a lot of training to meet the corporate requirement. However you must learnt to be an investigator to find informing to complete your job and service cross functional entities.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
On you own
Takeda is a good company...
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2017
Takeda is a good company with strong people. The main problem is due to the fact they have several late stage drugs that will go generic and currently nothing new in the pipeline. They need to acquire a company (which they have been unable to do in the past 2 years) to continue to have their primary care sales force be sustainable.
Sales Rep
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 4, 2017
It is a good company, they treat their employees well. But they are lacking truly unique or compelling products to promote to PCP. For specialty positions they are great but not so much for PCP.
Decent company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southeast, GAMay 3, 2017
Takeda pays average for the industry. They are slowly phasing out of primary care and focusing pipeline on specialty products now. General Medicines Business Unit promotes products late in their life cycles.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Average pay, multiple restructures and layoffs over the past seven years
Tough call
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2017
Takeda has changed a lot over the years. Upper management is more competent than in years past, but the up and down nature of the company and the multiple expansions and subsequent layoffs are hard to take.
Great company to work for.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southeast USMay 1, 2017
Takeda is a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits. The pipeline is limited and is the reason for the recent lay off. Home office is in Chicago with field based sales employees.
Cons
Limited pipeline
Challenging and fun
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2017
I was hired by Takeda when it launched its first drug, ACTOS to the US. It was a smaller company filled with culture. It was a very exciting time filled with opportunities. Takeda has seen many changes over the past 14 year with the goal of maintaining that culture the best that they could. This is a challenging task for any company that is in the midst of significant growth. Through the years at Takeda I fealt valued and was very loyal. Like most pharmaceutical companies, change was constant and you either had to adapt or you would struggle. We saw many directors come and go which made it difficult to keep tract of what was expected at times. I enjoyed so much about my career at Takeda, from building solid relationships with my customers and helping to change the way they viewed treatment strategies for specific disease states to collaborating with my coworkers. I have no regrets only great learning experiences from my time at Takeda.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Layoffs
Great company, people, benefits and products.
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, Hampton and Williamsburg VA.April 30, 2017
Takeda is an awesome company, they have great products that work well, very patient focused mindset and great people to work with. I was just released through a work force reduction and will miss working there. They gave me the opportunity to develop my skills in the pharmaceutical industry that I know will allow me to move forward and be successful with another company.
Pros
Great company, gave me an opportunity when I was looking to change careeres, very thankful.
Cons
Great Experience at Takeda.
MS Access/VBA Developer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 29, 2017
Takeda is a great place to work. Excellent team and supervisors. Excellent facility; Think Pad computers, removeable for meetings, docking station in the work area. Multiple Monitors. Great support.
Cafeteria on Premises. Flexible schedule. Loving working at Takeda
Good Company
Senior District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2017
Takeda is a good company with some good products. The people were friendly and helpful with a lot of support. Overall I enjoyed the products, colleagues and culture.
Pros
Good colleagues, friendly, good products
Cons
Need more Primary Care products to fuel growth
Company that maintains a good balance between work and home life
Quality Spec / Clinical Supply Prg Mgr (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 28, 2017
Very friendly atmosphere. Began working at Takeda in 2008 when it acquired TAP Pharmaceuticals.

When you needed help with any part of your job you could go to management and they would listen.

Was let go in 2016 due to reduction in work force. Good company to work for.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not many middle to low management opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval