TakeLessons Employee Review

TakeLessons Teaching Tools are fantastic!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San DiegoApril 26, 2013
As a founding teacher at TakeLessons starting in 2005, I have watched this company grow from the bottom up and have nothing but kind words to say.

TakeLessons Teaching Tools gives me the access that I need, when I need it. Scheduling on the "go" using my smartphone and keeping my roster up to speed has never been easier. I'm able to keep all of my In-Studio, Travel and Online students schedule patterns separate so that there is always availablility for any potential student to get the time slot they are looking for.

My Students teaching tool is great during those last minute moments before my session when I need to know where I'm traveling to or need to call a student between sessions for any reason. Sometimes my schedule gets so busy that I need to know if my next lesson is a guitar, piano, banjo, or ukulele lesson and all that information is right on the students page. To go a bit deeper I'm able to leave my students comments or help them create goals that are to help them guage their progress and they can log their practice time so I can tell how hard they are working.

Payments are never an issue with TakeLessons. The lesson is logged in a ledger so that you know exactly how much money you made and when you made it. You can check your history of payments and get the information that you need to find out how many more lessons you need to teach before you start making even more money!

My Profile has a professional headshot with a list of all my credentials, availability and reviews so that my students are confident in my teaching ability before they even have
  more... their first lesson. There are featured audio and video shots on my main page so my students can get a feel for both my personality and the things that I've created in the past.

The TakeLessons Team is always there for me whenever I have an questions or concerns about anything that has to do with scheduling, students, follow ups and new features that could help me get even more clients. Most of the time when I call the first words out of my mouth are ,"Thanks for the new students, keep up the hard work!".
Pros
Opportunity, Class, Professionalism
Cons
Taxes not taken out

Other TakeLessons Employee Reviews

Best employer
Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2017
They always call me to advise me about new students. They are
friendly and helpful at all times. Also, of a student cancels a
lesson or wishes to reschedule they always advise me in
plenty of time.
They are always helpful and have their employees best
results as a priority.
Pros
Always advise me of a new student that has requested me.
As an instructor
Private Music Instructor (PT) Salary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2017
I worked as a private teacher when the company had paired up with Best Buy to host lessons and demo gear at their music instrument divisions. The minimum hours and hourly rate promised were lowered almost immediately, took 6 weeks to get my first check and the job just disintegrated in bad planning and poor management.
Pros
got to work with up tp date gear & instruments
Cons
company just wasnt straight with the job from the beginning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TakeLessons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2