Takoma Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Good working conditions-excellent state of the art equipment
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 10, 2016
Enjoyable environment-Great opportunity for learning supportive coworkers. Learned how to work without supervision. Worked primarily alone at night when I was the only one in the building.
Pros
ability ro work independently without the Boss " breathing down my neck".
Great teamwork atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 20, 2015
I love working for Takoma. I left another hospital to work for Takoma, and I have never looked back. Most everyone is willing to help out when something is needed. I have never worked for any place that has such great teamwork. Supervisors are nice and always willing to do what they can to help as well. I just wish there wasn't so many "on-call" days during low census, but that's not Takoma's fault. It's a small hospital.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
low census at times
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 6, 2015
Great place to work. Management and colleagues actually care about each other. Christ is encouraged to be the center of patient care. Prayer is encouraged as well.
I find this one of the best places to work.
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 27, 2015
I have enjoyed the positive people I work around. I have been able to move up and got regular raises. Its a busy places to work but I have enjoyed it.
Caring staff
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 25, 2015
I can honestly say that I work with people who actually care about the patients that come through the doors. No matter or race, creed or personal beliefs.
Assisted Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 23, 2015
I learned so much about phlebotomy from Takoma and with me assisting the phlebotomist for 2 years it helped in my class at Walters State.
Amazing place to work
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Honest, dependable, and helpful co-workers and supervisors will do everything they can to make sure you succeed. I actully looked forward to the days i had to go to work!
Pros
AMAZING staff and a Christian environment
Cons
None that i can think of!
Director of Ancillary Services (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. The people and the patients were wonderful and the co-workers are one of the best around
Cons
Great colleagues and caring staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 26, 2014
A typical work day included 2 RN's with 6 critical patients. I took great pride in caring for the whole patient. The care included full assessment, medication administration, bathing, ambulation or rehab care, IV start and infusions, telemetry monitoring, pre-op and post-op care, blood product infusions, ventilator care, patient and family advocacy, coordinating with physicians, discharge instructions with follow-up appointments, transferring critical patients to another facility, answering phone, and following quality control measures. I learned to excel in multi-tasking and critical thinking in a pressured environment. I enjoyed the patient-centered focus.
Great Place tp work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 6, 2014
Typical day: Long day
Learned: Learn to focus
Management: Good Management
Co-workers: Great Co-Workers
Hardest Part: Setting all day
Most enjoyable: Getting to know great people
Pros
Good job expierence
Cons
Felt job was going to phase out.
Good Christian Atmosphere
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeneville TNJune 19, 2014
I have learned a lot while working for Takoma Regional Hospital. It gave me the opportunity to expand and hone skills I already possessed while teaching me a new set of skills I hope to be able to carry over into a future career.
With any job you will encounter drama. At Takoma, this was minimal compared to other experiences I've had in the past.

I would recommend this facility to any one looking to work in a Christian and family like atmosphere.
Pros
Paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance.
Cons
Raises few and far between
A great starter place to further your career.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNDecember 27, 2013
I loved Takoma and especially love the staff. Everyone is so kind and so caring, it's contagious! I have learned so many things from Takoma that I will carry with me my entire life.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Little career advancement with such a tight budget.
productive and fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNDecember 8, 2013
Busy
To treat people with respect
Management ...Great
my co-workers was great people to work with
hardest part ...multi tasking
everything was enjoyable
Pros
buy things and they deduct it from your check
Cons
nothing
Very good people to work with. Professional and fun!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 28, 2013
I am able to work with many people that also enjoy what they do. Our manager cares about the employees and makes each day special. She is tough when she has to be and we all respect her. The hardest part of the job is my travel time each day. I drive 45 minutes to and from work. The most enjoyable part is the freedom I feel when I have a sick child, or I'm sick and I need to be out. No one makes me feel that they have been put upon. I have learned that work can be fun. Patient's enjoy coming to our clinic as they feel like part of the family.
Pros
Greatest co-workers ever!
Cons
Long commute.
Great Place to Work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 31, 2013
The particular area of work I performed will eventually be unneeded due to new software in this field. No bad experiences at all.
Pros
Cons
New Software will eliminate this position eventually
Spiritual and uplifting coworkers.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 23, 2013
The staff are amazing, so warm hearted and welcoming. There is so much compassion for the patients.
Pros
Close knit co workers.
Cons
Benefits and pay are terrible.
Takoma was my family away from home.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at Takoma Regional Hospital for nine years. Throughout my nine years of employment, I advanced into several positions and learned various skills within the healthcare industry. Those positions taught me patience, time management and compassion. I held close relationships with the directors and managers of various departments. My manager assisted me with a flexible schedule as I pursued a higher education. I held my co-workers dear and consider them my Takoma family. A typical day at work consisted of deadlines, customer service, collections, revenue management, and financial counseling. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the emotional attachments I had with patients undergoing treatment of life-threatening illnesses as I assisted them with their healthcare costs. On the other hand, that was also the most enjoyable part of my job because I knew I was helping those in need and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
Excellent healthcare benefits, vacation accrual, and work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement into an administrative position
Great place to work if you don't have a nitwit as a manager.
ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 23, 2013
Its definitely a busy workplace. I learned a vast amount of what the medical field really entails. My manager was a new one, he had nothing to do with our dept. and was put in anyway, he is the nitwit I was referring to. My coworkers at the time were great, a few have quit since I was there. The hardest part is dealing with the large volume of patients that were only looking for their drug fix. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to sit down for 75% of the job lol.
Pros
sit-down job, fun coworkers.
Cons
a nitwit administration, drug seeking patients.
Overall view of Takoma Regional Hospital
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 5, 2012
Takoma taught me humility. My work day was usually cleaning rooms or doing laundry. I learned that no matter where you are in life always put your best foot forward. Management was good enjoyed my boss.Co-workers were easy to get along with and team players. Hardest part of the job was getting the hours or promotion needed and deserved. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I did my job with excellence
Pros
team work
Cons
no hours, no benefits
work life balance difficult.
RN (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 30, 2012
Over all nice place to work. A-shift B-shift scenario difficult because no down time to recover from a three day weekend on. Not enough days off in a row to have a real life or plan an outing. This is from a night shift stand point. Co-workers for the most part are nice. Way to much gossiping, texting and facebook entries. I personally do not do face book, but I sure hear about it at work. People unwilling for change. Social clubs at work will never cease. Hardest part of job is lack of specialty MD's. Most enjoyable part of job is meetig the local people and experiencing the cultural uniqueness this part of the county has to offer. My manager is nice, accessible and fair. We have an awesome clinical coordinator. I have learned patience and watch what you say to those you work with.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of flexible scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Takoma Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3