Talascend Employee Reviews

It was a great temp job.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 9, 2017
This was a great job with good experience letter, staff and location is very good environment. I would like a nother seasonal position with in iron mountain
Pros
Great job
Cons
Temp position
offshore work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALApril 27, 2017
overall id would go back to this place, the work and pay was great. working on a vessal out in the gulf of mexico and other parts of the ocean. the food and room was free. work was hard but worth it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
away from family
A Company in Transition
Sales and Recruiting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 7, 2017
Talascend has an excellent President and some amazing staff members.

The company has had many staff and corporate transitions.

What I learned at the job was that I enjoy being on my feet. I like making employees feel good about their jobs and accomplishments. I enjoy creating events that make the staff happy and more of a team.
Pros
Amazing President and staff.
Cons
Company transistions
Contract Labor
Make Ready Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 3, 2017
Wish they would have more or would do more for you at the end of your contract to find additional work. From my experience they will not really look for you unless you ask.
Just a temp agency
Facility Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 28, 2016
Seemed to get you out the door and into the clients world. Never checked up to see if I was being trained or what were any issues that I might have. Worked 7am-5pm daily but got paid for 8. Seem to do a lot with the big 3. I did meet some great people at the clients location. As with most contact houses when they need to blame someone it's easiest to get rid of the contact worker instead of the hiring companies management.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Long unpaid hours, No follow up on client provided training
Good agency to work fo
RIM Coordinator @ Bechtel Corporation (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Enjoy working with this agency. Communication is good and everyone is always helpful when questions arise. Would recommend this agency to other friends.
Talascend Employee's are family
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 12, 2016
Talascend is a solid company, but the upper management needs to understand that families come first, and that communication needs to happen between lower employee's to upper employee's
Pros
location
Cons
management
Is a very good company
TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 6, 2016
Yes I have very good recommendation with talascend llc,and more over my refres are debra timmerman thus president of talascend llc and david austin a product performance maneger of caterpillar south milwuakee.
Very busy construction site in Oil & Gas Industry...Review for Buckeye Texas Partners, not Talascend
Project Coordinator / Document Control (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Talascend is an employment agency and I cannot really rate them. The company I am actually working with is Buckeye Texas Partners, based in Houston, TX. Most everyone here is a contractor like myself, and, while most of them are from somewhere else, I actually live in Corpus Christi. Buckeye TX Partners belongs to the larger Buckeye Partners, based in Breinigsville, PA. I have really enjoyed the diversity of people, cultures and work experience, the learning process (my first construction site position), getting to make new friends, and the freedom to spread my wings, taking on as many extra duties as I desire. Overall, it has been a great opportunity which I have enjoyed immensely.

The Executive Director of the entire project is the one who hired me, and I am his direct report. I would gladly work in this Industry again, and/or on a construction site as well.
It a good company
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 6, 2015
I am a contractor at Talascend onsite at Meritor. I think it is a good company but they need to provide better benefits. They do not provide hiloday pay or vacation and that is a hige drawback.
good company to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 31, 2014
Escorted visitors, ensured supplies and coffee were maintained. Ensured visitors had access to the internet. provided administrative support to all departments as requested.
Fun place to work. Company cares about employees.
Procurement/Subcontract Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed the contract assignment with Talascend in Sherman TX.
Pros
I was able to learn about the contruction industry.
Cons
Unable to find a position in Arkansas with the company.
Don't work for them
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 12, 2014
Don't work for this company. They will get you a job that is just contract and the employer can cancel it without telling you and then you'll be with out a job again!
About the compny
Administration Receptionist / Librarian (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALAugust 28, 2014
They found me a good job just no management and not great benefits
They Provided me with a temporary assignment with Bechtel Corporation. The job was steady and busy so the days went by fast.
Records Information Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 14, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of meeting with the group and getting a daily update if there was one. Being a RIM Coordinator is a team function and is broken down into 4 rotations. The rotations are all based on the order of prioritizing, the most important documents would get scanned or imported into the electronic data base first. The team helped me learn all my duties such as printing checks, scanning and importing documents, indexing, batching invoices, sorting mail, how to keep inventory and more. All of my co- workers were very friendly and helpful, I never felt intimidated to ask any of them a question. There was not a hard part about my job because my team members made sure I understood my duties and helped me succeed in my work role. The part of the job I enjoyed most was being able to be apart of a team and working with my co-workers instead of being individualized.
just a number
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Staffing Agency. Contracted to Bechtel Coomunication which dictates daily routine
Pros
TALASCEND offers ot and accumulated personnal time
Cons
No follow up
Great place to work. Peers are intelegent and highly motivated to complete work safely and on schedule.
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anywhere USADecember 5, 2013
A typical day was spent reviewing customer needs followed by a plan to accomplish necessary tasks associted with an end product. Material had to be ordered and contractors hired. Work with federal, state and local jurisdictions to make sure all permits, right of ways, and easements are recognized and obtained.
Long Hours, Lack of leadership
Finance (Former Employee) –  Troy, MichiganAugust 26, 2013
I was a leader / trainer within the work place, successfully implementing controls that were much needed but also aiding in efficiency.

Lack of leadership. Current CFO does not know accounting , excel or logic thinking. He is reliant on his staff to teach him and lead. Previous CFO was an all rounder, I was his choice. When he got let go (after x 7 yrs), I soon followed.
What I left behind was a better way of doing things within Finance and new staff hired feeling better off than before they arrived.

I did enjoy plenty of travel back home to UK this year to aid with the UK/US transition which I lead, so it was not all too bad.
Pros
Staff are Friendly
Cons
Politics Rife
Great company and great management!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 28, 2013
The people with Talascend are great to work for and always have answers for my questions! Best company I have worked for in my career! Awesome benefits and pay scale!
The company has many things to offer and a world to explore because they can send you all over the world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 16, 2012
A typical day on the job site was long hours, many people to answer to and get records of training for all employees with in their department. Data entry and control of documents with important information to handle.
Pros
work different job sites around the world
Cons
long hours 12 to 14 hours a day