Talbert House

Talbert House Employee Reviews

Poor job security at current location. TH as a whole is a very good orginization.
Case Manager-Adult Behavioral Health (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhJune 24, 2015
I work hands on with clients who suffer from different mental illness. My day consist of clinical documention of time spent with client, create service plans for clients and referals for other services. I have learned how to handle risky situations betterand how to better engage clients. Management has it's ups and downs, they are not always on the same page which can be a problem for staff. My co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult clients, but it is a learning experience as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is my relationship with my coworkers.
Too punitive for a treatment facility
Staff (Current Employee), Community CorrectionalJune 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons: Overworked and underpaid
The culture at the corrections facility is highly punitive, focus often seems to be on the corrections aspect rather than the treatment aspect. Consistency is lacking, making it even harder for the clients to remain infraction free (one employee will let small infractions slide and the next will give out the maximum punishment for it).
On the plus side, it provides great experience for an entry level staff person, and working with the offenders can be very rewarding.
Fast-paced, friendly environment with good food!
Case Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2015
Vine Street Kafe is an energetic, fast-paced restaurant/kafe, which serves the employees of Kroger and the general public. As an employee, I was able to build a strong rapport with customers so much so that I knew their orders without the need of them telling me. Once I moved from cashier to pantry I was able to understand the emphasis of providing exceptional customer service and food. My creative skills were effective in this position as I was able to set-up merchandising stations for products such as Pepsi and Coca-Cola, and with creation of menu items for the sandwich station.
Flexible work place
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioApril 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: health care, salary
Most jobs at this agency are flexible which helps you balance your home and work life. They offer education reimbursement after being employed full time for a year which is a plus.
Talbert House thoughts
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free trainings
There is a lot of room for growth in this non-profit agency and has an array of services to offer to community. They also offer the employees a large number of trainings that are all paid for by the employer.
Horrible and will lie
Csp-1 (Former Employee), OhioApril 15, 2015
Pros: ...
I was hired wrong location. They messed up my insurance. I no longer work there and good luck on receiving what's owed to you after you no longer work there. I cannot get anybody to call me back from there. They say "busy" well that's not my problem
unproffesional and not a good job
Activity Security Monitor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: everything
its a horrible place to work, they have a high turnover rate, there pay is horrible and the people are very vey unprofessional.
I enjoyed the population.
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2015
I have enjoyed my job and the population that I was working with. I just didn't like the court involenment. The clients would just start opening up and the courts would release them because the jails were full.
We strive to make a difference in troubled lives
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2015
It is a good company to work for in the helping profession. I get to work with multiple clients and watch them grow and progress over time. The staff i work with is supportive of not only the clients but also of their coworkers.
Difficult workplace good for learning social services
Clinical Service Provider (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great training, experience, mentoring
Cons: Low pay, poor benefits, high stress, high turnover
Long hours, hard work, difficult clients, and chaotic rapid changes in staff and management. It's by no means an easy job but the staff you work with are kind caring people who work hard.
Compassionate work environment and team
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, plenty of opportunity for advancement, free parking, occasional lunches
Cons: not up-to-date technology, pay is typically on low end of scale, high turnover, rough neighborhood
I work at the Executive Office, which is different from all other Talbert House locations. This is a professional, business casual kind of environment. Great place to work if you are passionate for helping others. Coworkers are friendly and look out for each other. The President/CEO and Executive Team are very efficient at running the agency.
Positive experience.
Victims' Advocate (Former Employee), 2600 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati OhioFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: lack of advancement options.
Education and training specific to crime victims; face-to-face intervention; victim compensation assistance; court advocacy; juvenile court cases; assistance with protection orders; victim impact statement; referrals to social services agencies; and group prevention and education. Networking and developing professional relationships with external and internal organizations (e.g., Hamilton County Court House, State of Ohio Attorney General Office, Juvenile Detention Center, Cincinnati Police Division, YWCA Alliance for Immigrant Women (AIW), Federal Bureau of Investigation Gang Awareness Committee (FBI), Cincinnati Public Schools, Talbert House Steering Committee, and School Crisis Team).
06-04 to 08-05 Education and training specific to mental health diagnosis; interventions to remove barriers to learning in children and adults with behavioral and mental health challenges; development of daily living skills and coping skills in special populations; advocacy, outreach, and referral to community sources; mental health symptom monitoring, and coordination of mental health treatment and related documentation.
Challenging and rewarding
Clinical Service Provider (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHFebruary 8, 2015
The clients I serve are the main reason I enjoy working for Talbert House. This is a challenging yet very rewarding. You must experience this for yourself.
They need to work with new supervisors they hire. One was not nice.
Lead Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: i like that they know their staff will work and do the job a the sites.
I manage a social service in a Cincinnati Public School.I worked with children in the classroom doing violence prevention. I work with individual and small group of students. I supervised other MSW. I did some therapy. I was on the leadership team and the intervention team.
For some reason its making me do this twice
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Job is very rewarding, and I enjoyed helping people daily with meeting there needs. The only issue is the glass above you if by chance you hurt some one feelings.
Productive and Friendly Atmosphere.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee, excellent benefits like vacation, sick days, health care.
A typical day at work. I would check fax machine and put document in appropriate mail boxes. Checked incoming mail and put documents in appropriate boxes. Answered phone calls and transferred calls to appropriate lines. Greeted clients and Notified the appropriate case workers of the client's arrival. Ensured that all clients and visitors sign-in, Pulled drug screen results off of copy/fax machine and place in appropriate mailboxes.Obtained documentation from clients to begin intake process-social security card, photo id, insurance card, Medicaid card, verification of address, employment. Notified case worker when client is ready for registration. Collected client`s fees and provided receipts. I did all billing process for Adult Services. Entered client`s payments onto spreadsheet and send electronically to Manager by 4:30 daily. Completed chart reviews at intake and termination to ensure all paperwork is present and signed. Disassembled Charts at discharge and place in manilla folder. Completed filing on Thursdays and Fridays1:30 to 4:30. Kept office supplies stocked. Ordered office supplies form contracted items list from Office Depot and send all packing slips to Finance Department. Ordered coffee supplies when needed. I learned to follow policy. Management was polite. My co-workers showed that they were grateful of my support. The hardest part was down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting clients and visitors. Doing intake process and billing.
case management
Case Manager (Current Employee), cincinnati ohioNovember 12, 2014
loved the clients I worked with.
good hours
great benefits.
horrible
Lead Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
terrible place to work, doesn't live up to the mission or the vision of the company
Activity Security Monitor / Corrections Officer (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: experience good starting point
Cons: politics. double minded managers. treat the ingredients better than the employees
Politics. Double minded Managers. Treat the ingredients better than the employees,
ASM
FULL AND PART-TIME, WHILE A STUDENT (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHOctober 6, 2014
The job allows you to get to know and help the residents while they stay on the facility grounds. I would like more challenging work to do as far as helping them with their point of view with their current lifestyle.

1 2 3

About Talbert House

Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit that operates within five service lines: Adult Behavioral Health, Community Care, – Read more

Talbert House Salaries