Talbert House

Talbert House Employer Reviews

Get Your Foot In The Door--Then Move On!
ASM (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: high turnover-easy to get foot in door
Cons: low pay, low employee morale, management blames you for their mistakes, inconsistant policies, scapegoating of employees
Talbert House is not a very good place to stay for any length of time. Due to high employee turnover, it's a good place to get your foot in the door and move on as soon as you can. Management is very [protective of themselves, but scapegoat lower employees. Anything that goes wrong MUST be your fault because they DON'T make mistakes. Very low pay and – more... employee morale, who realize that they can be fired for one of MANY different things. Impossible workload, meetings where problems are addressed and the typical response is, "we're working on it," or "it's part of the job." Huge amount of hypocrisy, BS and minority politics. If you're not black, forget about moving up!

This is one of the worst places I have ever worked and am looking for another job now. Can't wait to escape the evil clutches of Talbert House! – less
Experience
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2014
Experience that was well needed in the population I worked with. I would like to go back for more training.
Great learning place
Case Manager/Employment Service Provider (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2014
It is a great way to get your feet wet within the Socail Work feild, from administrative to case managment to director status. They look for new people to bring into the circle continuously, to bring in new ideas and more push.
Crisis Hot Line
Crisis Hotline (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: assist all people in the world
Cons: my hands are tied and can not assit the people in the ways of need
Very intense, stressful, attentive responses, and challening
Great place to work for all the workers are caring and go out of their way to help their client's
Case Manager/Clinical service provider (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, good people to work with
Cons: no structure at this time due to ongoing changes
On a typical day of work I would see any were from 10 to 20 client's individually, at that time discuss any concerns and complete a brief update in the computer system. If the client treatment plan needed to be updated that would be done at that time also. I would provide client's with bus tokens if they are seeking employment. Complete any needed referals – more... for clothes, food or any services like mental health or Aod treatment. – less
Productive and Excellent work Enviorment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2014
In a typical work day, I am responsible for seven employees, I answer complaints, review and sign off on clinical documentation, complete paperwork, projects, and work closely with referral sources to ensure the clients have the best change to be successful in the community.
great place to work
Case manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioApril 16, 2014
Great place to start and learn about people and how others see life. The experience is great for all kinds that want to work hard.
Good Work Atmosphere
Case Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2014
Case sometimes got too large to manage. Co-workers and Management very supportive
Love working at talbert House
Head Cook (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Loved being around everyone I worked with!!! This was a great job!
Activity Security Monitor
Activity Security Monitor (Current Employee), Cincinnati OHApril 4, 2014
I have learned a lot working at Talbert House. Everyday is different and there is never a dull moment. The company also holds trainings for workers at the Executive to gain more knowledge in the field of Criminal Justice.
Great
Case Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2014
Big company, many opputunities and loved working here.
lots of paper work.
clients can be difficult to work with.
Good benifits.
I would like to start a career with a company.
Housing Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2013
I am looking for a career with the right company. I believe my educational experiences have prepared me to be an asset at any company. My work experience has taught me how to work with and respect different cultures. I want to get excited about going to work. Making a difference and improving quality is important to me.
Inconsistency with programs rules made the workday very frustrating.
Operations Lead (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: co-workers & compensation
A good company to gain work experience only for recent college graduates or those returning to the workforce. would not recommend for seasoned employees.
"Non-Profit" try telling them that.
Clinical Service Provider (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: you are just a number that makes them money...
The company did not care about their employees and when someone was reported billing more time than actually spent doing the work the person was promoted and transferred to a different department. Management just looks out for themselves. If you get a job here I recommend always get everything in writing and keep good records to cover yourself!
interesting work place
ASM activity security monitor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: bad supervisors
Typical day at work sign in clients check facility bed areas give breathalyzers when when they return random urine drops
Ive learned how to give urine drops and defuse situations using corrective thinking.
management is not that good.
Coworkers all work against each other not together.
the hardest part is doing intakes 5 at a time with no help
great manager
case worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2013
great management and coworkers.

enjoyed flexability and working in community
Good place to start
Activity Security Monitor Practitioner (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2013
This was the first place that I worked when I moved to Cincinnati. I really enjoyed my time there.
...
Case manager (Former Employee), CincinnatiMarch 5, 2013
Pros: free trainings, paid lunches
Cons: poor benefits, challenging productivity requirements
Working with the client's is challenging and fulfilling. The company offers many free trainings and encourages employee growth. Hours are inconsistent- some days 5 hours,some days 11 or 12. There is a heavy emphasis on productivity, which can be challenging to meet at times.
A noble cause organisation with poor morals
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHIOFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: free training, free lunch
Cons: politics, dictation of direction by people who do not know the job. buddy buddy system
When I first started this job, I didnt know what I was doing, I was poorly trained and poorly mentored. My staff for the most part helped me understand and know the job.
I attended several training sessions and started learning my duties and started becoming more functional and useful.
The poor salaries they pay and poor support of employees means that – more... at best we are incompetently staffed.
The good workers do not receive the support or the encouragement they need, the poor workers are kept because they are too dumb to get a job anywhere else and they are expendable and can be worked to death.
The amount of output on this job is not corelated with the amont of support, the result, the amount of stress is unrelated to the amount of pay. – less
Challenging and interesting working in the drug laboratory
Drug Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2012
Pros: incentives, bonuses
Cons: lunch time varied
Typical day - Managing the day to day operations and budget for drug testing, Provided quality customer service to internal and external customers, Responsible for calibrations/controls on analyzer (Olympus AU400e), Maintained compliance - Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA), Universal Precautions and disposing – more... of Bio-Harzardous materials and Responsible part/full time employees...enjoyed working with Co-workers.

Hardest part of the day - troubleshooting the analytical errors and technical issue with the analyzer and intergated system.

Overall, it kept me busy and customer satified. That was most enjoyable for me. – less

About Talbert House

Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit that operates within five service lines: Adult Behavioral Health, Community Care, – Read more

Talbert House Photos