Talbert House

Talbert House Employer Reviews

case management
Case Manager (Current Employee), cincinnati ohioNovember 12, 2014
loved the clients I worked with.
good hours
great benefits.
horrible
Lead Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
terrible place to work, doesn't live up to the mission or the vision of the company
Activity Security Monitor / Corrections Officer (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: experience good starting point
Cons: politics. double minded managers. treat the ingredients better than the employees
Politics. Double minded Managers. Treat the ingredients better than the employees,
ASM
FULL AND PART-TIME, WHILE A STUDENT (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHOctober 6, 2014
The job allows you to get to know and help the residents while they stay on the facility grounds. I would like more challenging work to do as far as helping them with their point of view with their current lifestyle.
Get Your Foot In The Door--Then Move On!
ASM (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: high turnover-easy to get foot in door
Cons: low pay, low employee morale, management blames you for their mistakes, inconsistant policies, scapegoating of employees
Talbert House is not a very good place to stay for any length of time. Due to high employee turnover, it's a good place to get your foot in the door and move on as soon as you can. Management is very [protective of themselves, but scapegoat lower employees. Anything that goes wrong MUST be your fault because they DON'T make mistakes. Very low pay and – more... employee morale, who realize that they can be fired for one of MANY different things. Impossible workload, meetings where problems are addressed and the typical response is, "we're working on it," or "it's part of the job." Huge amount of hypocrisy, BS and minority politics. If you're not black, forget about moving up!

This is one of the worst places I have ever worked and am looking for another job now. Can't wait to escape the evil clutches of Talbert House! – less
Experience
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2014
Experience that was well needed in the population I worked with. I would like to go back for more training.
Great learning place
Case Manager/Employment Service Provider (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2014
It is a great way to get your feet wet within the Socail Work feild, from administrative to case managment to director status. They look for new people to bring into the circle continuously, to bring in new ideas and more push.
Crisis Hot Line
Crisis Hotline (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: assist all people in the world
Cons: my hands are tied and can not assit the people in the ways of need
Very intense, stressful, attentive responses, and challening
Great place to work for all the workers are caring and go out of their way to help their client's
Case Manager/Clinical service provider (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, good people to work with
Cons: no structure at this time due to ongoing changes
On a typical day of work I would see any were from 10 to 20 client's individually, at that time discuss any concerns and complete a brief update in the computer system. If the client treatment plan needed to be updated that would be done at that time also. I would provide client's with bus tokens if they are seeking employment. Complete any needed referals – more... for clothes, food or any services like mental health or Aod treatment. – less
Productive and Excellent work Enviorment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2014
In a typical work day, I am responsible for seven employees, I answer complaints, review and sign off on clinical documentation, complete paperwork, projects, and work closely with referral sources to ensure the clients have the best change to be successful in the community.
great place to work
Case manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioApril 16, 2014
Great place to start and learn about people and how others see life. The experience is great for all kinds that want to work hard.
Good Work Atmosphere
Case Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2014
Case sometimes got too large to manage. Co-workers and Management very supportive
Love working at talbert House
Head Cook (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Loved being around everyone I worked with!!! This was a great job!
Activity Security Monitor
Activity Security Monitor (Current Employee), Cincinnati OHApril 4, 2014
I have learned a lot working at Talbert House. Everyday is different and there is never a dull moment. The company also holds trainings for workers at the Executive to gain more knowledge in the field of Criminal Justice.
Great
Case Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2014
Big company, many opputunities and loved working here.
lots of paper work.
clients can be difficult to work with.
Good benifits.
I would like to start a career with a company.
Housing Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2013
I am looking for a career with the right company. I believe my educational experiences have prepared me to be an asset at any company. My work experience has taught me how to work with and respect different cultures. I want to get excited about going to work. Making a difference and improving quality is important to me.
Inconsistency with programs rules made the workday very frustrating.
Operations Lead (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: co-workers & compensation
A good company to gain work experience only for recent college graduates or those returning to the workforce. would not recommend for seasoned employees.
"Non-Profit" try telling them that.
Clinical Service Provider (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: you are just a number that makes them money...
The company did not care about their employees and when someone was reported billing more time than actually spent doing the work the person was promoted and transferred to a different department. Management just looks out for themselves. If you get a job here I recommend always get everything in writing and keep good records to cover yourself!
interesting work place
ASM activity security monitor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: bad supervisors
Typical day at work sign in clients check facility bed areas give breathalyzers when when they return random urine drops
Ive learned how to give urine drops and defuse situations using corrective thinking.
management is not that good.
Coworkers all work against each other not together.
the hardest part is doing intakes 5 at a time with no help
great manager
case worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2013
great management and coworkers.

enjoyed flexability and working in community

About Talbert House

Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit that operates within five service lines: Adult Behavioral Health, Community Care, – Read more

Talbert House Photos