Talbots Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNSeptember 18, 2017
Opening or closing the store, checking emails, daily warm up sheet for associates, receiving and processing shipments, helping customers with their merchandise and checking them out. Solving customer problems as well as problems with in the store, maintaining safety and health issues, trained and evaluated 16 personnel in sales or marketing, estimated consumer demand and determined the types and amounts of goods to be sold and formulated pricing policies for merchandise according to profitability requirements.
A nice place to work. Wonderful training program, great discounts. Compassionate company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayshore Towne Center, Glendale, WI.September 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Talbots. Had I not had to have hernia surgery I would still be there. The associates I worked with were kind, helpful and great to work with. Talbots was an amazing place to work and to shop. Superior quality clothing and yet their clients weren't stuffy or aloof. Wonderful place to work.
Pros
Great team, quality clothes, compassionate company, great chances for advamcent. Their sales were unbelievable.
Cons
I needed a sale to shop there, I really can't think of any cons. It was really a wonderful experience.
working at Talbots
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Working here was an interesting experience. I was located in a high end mall. This company caters to their customer very closely. Waits on them "hand and foot". A day here would be like any other retail store, you have your opening duties preparing the store for the day, you open and spread customer service to anyone who comes in answering any questions and making their shopping experience as easy as possible. You then have your closing duties and you leave and repeat. There wasn't really anything hard about this job.
Amazing customers, no work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandSeptember 14, 2017
Culture of taking care of the customer is strong. Home office partners are supportive of the store doing what is right for the customer. Customers are wonderful. Typical retail staffing challenges creates scheduling changes and pushing availability to its limits. Work environment is different in the company depending on the District Manager.
Pros
Customers, Company encourages and supports taking care of the customer, Home office partners are responsive and supportive, Lots of transparency
Cons
Depending on your district manager you experience may vary with the company, many promotional changes and store sets happen during holidays, work/life balance is challenging
Fun Work Environment
VISUAL SPECIALIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 12, 2017
As my personal experience, Talbots was the best place I ever worked. Although my pay wasn't at a rate I desired, I learned a lot in the time I worked for them. My manger was amazing and really made sure she took advantage of our skills and developed them.
Cultural
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCSeptember 8, 2017
Working at Talbots in Smithfield, North Carolina was a great experience. It taught me humility, responsibility and taking accountability in many different scenarios.
Pros
Rewards for good work/accomplishments
Cons
Price of clothing compared to employee discount
Family orientated place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work and network. Fun environment and family orientated. Only downside was that I wish I could have obtained more hours but other than that I loved it
relaxed environment that drives off of customer relationship building
Assistant Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAAugust 31, 2017
Great company to work for. Focused on customer relationship building through truly caring for her experience. Enjoy everyday that I work with such a great staff.
Pros
discounts
Cons
compensation
Nice
Operations Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 29, 2017
Love the company just not the manager and operations manager. They both need to learn to execute the talbots way and not just think of it as a paycheck.
Good place to work for but the benefits could better.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MAAugust 29, 2017
Good place to work for but the health insurance is not good. Would like to get more money and relocate to a closer commute. Pay increases should be given by how much your work not all the same.
Pros
45 minute lunches on friday
Cons
Healthcare
Very fun place to work, with awesome management!
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 22, 2017
Customers and clients made matching them with great clothing a breeze.

I learned so much about the retail clothing industry at Talbots, and the training in product knowledge and display was outstanding, with fresh products and ways to promote them coming in continuously.

Management was always kind, gracious, and helpful, encouraging growth and success.

The only hard part of the job was getting enough time off the sales floor to follow up with clients by phone, to build better relationships with private shopping parties.

Everything else qualifies as "the best part of the job."
Pros
Environment, employee discount, staff & management
Cons
On your feet constantly - wear good shoes!
great company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PAAugust 21, 2017
Very Transparent and employee focused organization. Customer is top priority an it is a jo to focus on customer satisfaction first and always. Management is very patient and willing to teach.
wonderful co workers and supportive work enviroment
Part-time Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 19, 2017
truly a great place to be. I've worked here part time for over a year and I've found nothing but support from those here, they seek to teach me to be the best I can be. I am truly blessed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 14, 2017
Management had excessive drama. Good place to work if you like to help people and keep busy. Lots of folding so there is always something to do. Customers are needy but nice for the most part.
Typical Retail Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  INAugust 7, 2017
Pretty good place to work overall. Demanding as far as expectations. Involves a lot of training. Pretty Secure place to work. Could use more regular increases or opportunities to advance.
talbots chevy chase
Operations Manager (Visual) (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 7, 2017
tense work environment; unorganized environment; not teamwork based; customers were friendly; great location; sales associates were very kind; staff that wasn't management was very supportive
Great enviorment, with great Customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2017
Relaxing and Great enviorment, I truly love working with people. I've also learned a lot about the joys of working in retail. I have a wonderful Manager and great co-workers.
Pros
Clothing Discount's
Cons
Pay
Best Retail job for outlet
Credit Captain (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28278August 2, 2017
I have learned a great deal about managing an outlet retail store, training associates and striving to hit targeted sales. Our workplace culture is one of general friendliness - all the associates get along with each other. The hardest part of the job as an assistant sales manager is training and motivation.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent scheduling
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 2, 2017
Good company to work for, for a first time job at least. I was an hourly paid associate who got great hours and was making decent money at the time. I didn't have much experience but I learned a lot from the managers I had above me. They were the best. I loved working on floor sets more then probably with actual customers. There was just a big age gap that sometimes didn't go over well.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Fun forward fashion forward company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 1, 2017
This place was always a lot of fun to work at. it offers so much and retail has lots to offer in learning about customer service. reading fashion trends and learning how this industry is shaped helps you to be on the top of your game.

I learned the different tastes in apparel
management was always helpful always looking of new innovative ways to help customers achieve fashion sense.

The most difficult situations are usually have to do with a difficult customer. dealing with different types of emotions and fixing every single issue.

Most enjoyable was always greeting and meeting new people and being part of the fashion industry.
Pros
people
Cons
disgruntle buyers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talbots. Our community is ready to answer.