Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Loved my job there
Donor Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61604December 4, 2016
This is an amazing company! The best part of working there was all the different types of people we would meet everyday. The actual job was always the same, but it was never the same day twice. I was constantly learning new things everyday. I started out screening donors. Which is where we would obtain vital signs, weight, total protein, hematocrit, ask health history questions, and approve donor for a donation. If everything passed the donor would then go to the donor floor to donate plasma. On the donor floor I learned how to set the PCS2 machine for a donation, prep the donors VP site with iodine and then preform the needle stick. After the donor finished their donation I would then disconnect the donor from the PCS2 machine by taking the needle out of their arm wrap their arm while giving end of donation instructions and take the plasma bottle to the lab to be processed after I placed all the bio-hazardous material into a bio-hazard bin. I also learned how to process the plasma bottles after collection, and the process of shipping plasma. My job there was simple. Help out any and all areas so the donation process went smooth for the donors.
Pros
getting to know every donor who walked through the door.
Not a good work environment.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 4, 2016
Day to day processes highly over micro managed. Inconsistent daily managing of employees and policies. Very unprofessional leadership team. Line staff need work on customer service skills and professionalism.
Staff are not friendly and very pushy
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2016
the staff and management are very critical even down to wether you wear make up or not. They do not teach you the job well, but then expect you to do it well.
Great job environment
Lead Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 14, 2016
Processing all plasma products in a timely manner. Paying out donors learned a lot at this position. Co-workers wear always a team players. I really enjoyed my job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Hours
Busy, fast-paced work environment.
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 1, 2016
If you're customer-focused and you enjoy keeping busy during work, this would be a suitable job for you! You also get to build great bonds with donors, whether it's around the center, while you're on the donation bed, or in the screening booths (depending on your position). Although it may be occasionally short staffed, from start to finish of your shift, you will most definitely have a strong and supporting team of co-workers along with an efficient management team as well!
Don't even bother
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLOctober 18, 2016
Poor Management, if any. They try to fire you by changing your hours to God-awful hours, on God awful days and nights.
Closes only on X-Mas and New Years day
Pros
Cons
the entire place
Was a hard job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 6, 2016
The job was hard, the pay was not great and the workplace was a little dangerous. I had to get escorted to my care some times because donors were angry that they didn't get paid.
benefits
Cons
low pay, dangerous
Good place
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 23, 2016
This was a good job coming out of college. Its good company to work for that has a great deal of job security. There are a lot of friendly people.
Very busy. Bust your Bum kind of place.
CMA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Management did not care about what was happing on the floor. They only cared about the numbers. They co workers were to lax about what came out of their mouths on the floor. The floor supervisor was the worst of them all.
The best part was the quarterly money. That was nice. Need to be more professional. I heard the new management might be better..
Pros
You can develop freindships with the donors
Cons
Very Crude language is used in that place on the floor.
Productive and fun professional work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day working at Telacris Plasma was not always easy. The co-workers that I had were easy to get along with. Everyone was very much down to earth, and tried to have other have a wonderful days as well. I love the management. You could always go to them and fix mostly anything and everything. I think a manager who cares, and shows that they care about their employees are the best. I think that if we didn't have such a grate manager, most of us wouldn't feel like it was team work. The hardest part about of my job was when we were not adequately staffed. There is to always be six Donors to every one Phlebotomist, and most of the time we had to keep our eyes on, not just more then six donors, but six different machine. The most enjoyable part about my job was knowing that with each and every plasma donation coming in, I was helping and saving someones life. There's nothing more rewarding then feeling wonderful for helping a stranger.
Pros
Head strong co-workers and management
Cons
Not adequately staffed.
More mental than physical
Center Medical Specialist and Alternate Leadership (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 12, 2016
As a Center Medical Specialist, the job can be mentally stressful. There are a lot of little issues that only CMS's can deal with. The CMS must be the jack of all trades. On the other hand, the job is mentally rewarding. Knowing that you are doing something for people that no medicine in the world can help; you feel very proud of yourself. The pay is on the low side. The benefits are good.

I also serve as alternate leadership. Although I always felt management was over the top, as an alternate leadership, I understand why.
Was an absolute pleasure to work there!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working there! I have rarely seen (at other places I have worked) supervisors and managers pitch right in and help all of the employees to keep things running smoothly like the ones at Talecris! I loved my co-workers and I loved the donors! I had a fabulous experience working there! :)
Pros
They are eager to train and educate and advancement is very possible for everyone.
Cons
Really early staff meetings and high turn over rate.
Costumer Service
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 8, 2016
There is a wide range of customer service in where on has to care enough to ensure the person comes back. The knowledge of knowing that today i may have care for a life but I know that I have saved another.
Good Place that Promotes Growth
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2016
Making sure that donor are satsfiy and know that the company is about saving someone lives ... We appericate our donor very much and to show our apperciated we always have raffles and give aways prizes monthy,,, Being a donor go so much then just donationg some is able to be here another day
Enjoyed the time I had here.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I was a phlebotomist here at Talecris. I would set up and take down machines, do veiny puncture on the arm, take care of patients when we had them. It was the first job I had when I graduated from IBC.
Pros
Flexible work schedlue.
Cons
Company got bought out.
Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
A every demanding Job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at Talecis is you come into work and are bombarded with employees and donors complaining about breaks to I did not get my money on my card. You do not have anytime to completed your daily tasks because you are puttig out fires from left to right. You are always babysitting the staff, if they show up for work. The staff there is poorly managed they can come and go as the please. There is favoritism between management and staff. The staff can wear whatever they want eventhough the dress code is scrubs. You get cussed out by employees and donors daily. Then there is nothing done about it. Management is always late or never at the center. There is a high turn over rate at Talecris they can never keep employees. It is a high stressed job and you are always busy doing the same thing over and over again. The hardest part of the job is dealing with reataliation from the staff. The most enjoyable part is talking to all different sort of life and actually making medicine to help the ill. Therefore, there are more bad days then good. If you want to be sourrounded by positive people, I would not work here because there are only a few positive people This place is more negative that it is positive.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Negative, Poor managment, and very stressful
Love helping the elderly with everyday things.
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2016
Not paid enough for the responsibilities. Very rewarding taking care of the elderly. Make a lot of friends. Hear lots of neat stories from your elders. Can get attached to people and then they may pass away. But it is nice that you can be a part of their life.
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2016
I love working with my manager and the employees was fun too. The hardest part was getting to know everything and when I didn't know anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talecris Plasma Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6