Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed
Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
Could be better
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2016
An enjoyable job, but needed professional management of other employees who were not professional. It also depended on who you had to deal with (managers). During a typical day you may collect hundreds of plasma samples for testing (which I learned on the job). Chart reviewing. Worst part about the job was going in the freezer to search for samples not viable for shipment. Pay was by no means livable ($9.98\hr), and not guaranteed 40 hours a week. So getting paid every two weeks was a stretch. Most co-workers were great. Corporate was not helpful with unprofessional nurse who messed me around when I became injured on the job.
Pros
Learning on the job
Cons
Pay
Love helping the elderly with everyday things.
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2016
Not paid enough for the responsibilities. Very rewarding taking care of the elderly. Make a lot of friends. Hear lots of neat stories from your elders. Can get attached to people and then they may pass away. But it is nice that you can be a part of their life.
High volume, fast paced, stressful
Supervising Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 21, 2016
The training received for any position is rudimentary but adequate. The working environment was often fraught with internal drama and political.
Pros
Reasonable pay, reasonable hours, meaningful industry
Cons
Lack of management support and low employee morale
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LA Alexandria, LaFebruary 17, 2016
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Pros
free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons
overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
Enjoyed the time I had here.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I was a phlebotomist here at Talecris. I would set up and take down machines, do veiny puncture on the arm, take care of patients when we had them. It was the first job I had when I graduated from IBC.
Pros
Flexible work schedlue.
Cons
Company got bought out.
Very Productive Workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 30, 2015
Company has room for advancement within the company. Work environment is good. I've learned what the industry is all about and the help it gives patients who are in need of the medicine made by the donors plasma. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are a lot of patients relying in the donations of the donors. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing actual patients who receive the medication and the fact that they can live their lives because of every donation.
Pros
Constant employee and donor appreciation days
Cons
Short Breaks due to the volume of donors within the center
Donor Center Tech, Phlebotemist
Donor Center Technician II/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 27, 2016
This company is awful!!! Management is the worst!!! They don't even have any medical knowledge!!! Low pay, no breaks unless you are slow, high turnover rate, advancement takes forever, favoritism beyond belief, unqualified people get advanced over more qualified people, the most stressful place I ever worked!!! When I first started there it was good but got worse over time with personnel changes in management. The donors can be very rude at times and management expects you to take it without reacting at all!! The coworkers were good overall but it is a cut throat environment and you have to watch what you say to some people or the rumors will fly and you will be told on to management. Alot of backstabbing and brown nosing. If you want to work somewhere that is very stressful for little pay then this is the job for you!!!!
Pros
decent benefits overall for full time staff, good place to learn some basic medical skills if you don't have any medical experience.
Cons
management, stressful, low pay, no breaks, no social life
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2016
I love working with my manager and the employees was fun too. The hardest part was getting to know everything and when I didn't know anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing payroll.
I really enjoyed working at Talecris
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 8, 2015
Talecris was a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract employee working with the permanent employees was seamless. We all worked as a team, had a good manager, and were able to accomplish positive results.

I was very sad when my division of the company was sold. I was only there a short time but it was a good experience.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
My division of the company was sold and I was laid off
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 14, 2016
Staff is always friendly and willing to help so that you can ensure the job is being done correctly. Management is always willing to work with your hours and availability.
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
great skill building job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
it was a great job to perfect your skills as a phlebotomists and will open your eyes to office politics due to how everyone is out for self and management only deals with the women who flirt with him
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 7, 2016
Great work...Good place to work but work/life balance is horrible and pay is small, but good first job out of school. Never a dull moment great donors.
Overall good place to work
Center Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday provided a new set of challenges and rewards. A typical day tended to be fairly stressful dealing with the corporate side of the business. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
Busy
Registration Representative/Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  8500 w. Virginia Dallas txWJanuary 16, 2016
I've learned a lot in the plasma industry. It's fast paced very attention to details.I loved working with different walks of life.
Pros
loving to learn what you do in this field
Cons
pay very close attention
Very Good Learning Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Working here was a great learning experience. The reps in other departments didn't mind sharing the knowledge of their positions. A lot of room for growth in the company.
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors

2.6