Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

poor work/life balance
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
I enjoy getting to meet the donors however there is a poor work/life balance and low pay. Management is extremely inconsistent and it causes tension between the staff.
Pros
meeting new donors from all walks of life.
Cons
low pay and no work life balance
employed
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2017
Working various departments. Excellent growth potential, managers support professional development. Ability to attend college to further education. Very supportive and eager to train and compliance focused.
Great starting phlebotomy job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 1, 2017
* Lots of venipuncture practice
* Good team work
* Helped me a lot in my venipuncture skills
* Very quick paced envorniment to work in
* I had great managers in 2013-2014
Good benefits but thats where the good ends!
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 1, 2017
Not a good job to balance life outside of work. Jobs are more appropriate for individuals without family responsibilities. Management is not always clear on their procedures. Set up for failure is constant.
Benefits
Cons
Dedication to the job has little rewards
Fast paced work environment
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 18, 2017
It's a good place to get work experience. In my time there I have learned many basic Healthcare related skills such as: venipunctures, cGMP, and sample collection.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 16, 2017
Nice place to work.
A very complex Process to learn about once you learn the industry it will become very simple.
I traveled a ton (my choice) I was on special project teams and thoroughly enjoyed every location I worked in.
Stressful, fun and challenging
Donor Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLApril 10, 2017
I've worked for Talecris for many years and had different positions. Have your skates ready. Don't take it personal. Management very helpful, use them. Just master your job (read read read your SOP) so you can move up the ladder.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Dealing with irate donors.
Difficult balance
Donor Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2017
A typical day in this business is working from open until close. Staff very unprofessional. Accepted donors for intake and passed charts to next area.
great place for a first time phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 6, 2017
I learned amazing skills and had great mentors. hours were always guaranteed and pay was great. working at Talecris was a great experience for me. the staff was patient and amazing even when we were swamped with patients they never turn their backs on their fellow colleagues.
Pros
great pay, benefits, guaranteed hours
Cons
not enough staff
great benefits
Donor Center Technician & Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2017
I have been Working with the company in a fast-pace stressful environment for a year. The benefits are great but the facility could desperately use some armed security.
Great benefits and a company with purpose!
Certified Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 3, 2017
A great place to work! The benefits are amazing. The employees are well trained and must certify yearly in their positions. The Center has a turn over in management, however, it tends to be managers moving up into other positions. The company has strict Standing Operating Procedures, this is a positive because everyone is on the same page and when transferring to another Center it makes for an easy adjustment.

Being a nurse for this company is rewarding. You will complete predonation physicals, review lab work for abnormals, counsel donors with positive screening test results for viral markers, and many other things. It is rewarding.

Plasmapheresis is something one enjoys working in or does not. There does not seem to be a middle in this field. You work with many, many diverse people all donating for their personal reason. Specialty life saving medications are made and a sense of being part of something special is differently there.

Hope this was helpful and enjoy your adventure.
Pros
Excellent benefits and you work with many diverse backgrounds.
Cons
Hours are not cascaded and days off are often not scheduled together.
Benefits are great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2017
Benefits are great. The operation hours are hideous. The people are great to work with. It's like a family of course they have their moments of hatefulness.
Benefits
Cons
Operation hours
very busy
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 3, 2017
nice place to work if you want to see a large variety of people on a daily basis. kept me on my toes , i also had time that i could advance
Fast paced environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 22, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Long standing, numerous amount of paperwork to process, irrate and rowdy donors. Continuous training
Pros
Knowledgeble managers
Cons
Hardly have time for breaks
this was a fun workplace
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2017
checking in patients making sure that they receive there appointments. taking there vitals to make sure that they were eligible for donation. Communicating with all management staff to ensure best results.
very unorganized
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 8, 2017
a typical day at work was very busy and stressful
i learned a lot about myself as a phlebotomist and learned a lot about the plasma donation process
the hardest part of this job was getting along with coworkers
not a fun place to work
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2017
talecris is gives you the ability to interact with the public and build relationships, but they dont pay real well, and expect a lot of work out of you.
Productive, Low Wages
Phlebotomist/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2017
I was lucky to have such great management. It was the only reason I worked there for two years. The hours can be long, the wages are artifically low. However, there is room for growth for those without education.
Pros
Great entry-level healthcare experience
Cons
Wages, opportunity for educated growth
hectic
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIJanuary 14, 2017
This is a very busy fast paced business. A typical day is very busy working with people that are underpaid with clients that are also stressed and tired. I learned that I have some OCD problems about files being returned to the right place. The hardest part of the job is turning people away that desperately need the money they would have received if they could have donated. I enjoy knowing that I am helping get the portion of the plasma to help save lives.
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
working with stressed clients
Fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 10, 2017
It was a very fun workplace, co-workers are amazing, management was understand when you couldn't make it into work most of the time, the work environment was fast paced so time passed by fast, the job training was fast and fun.
Pros
Free lunches on some occasions.
Cons
Short lunch breaks or breaks in general.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talecris Plasma Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6