Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Productive work place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 13, 2017
My work day includes greeting and providing great customer service to new and returning donors. Each day I work is a learning process because I deal with change every day. Management can be a little rocky but still a great place to work. Some days can be stressful but that's with any work place I would love it more if we worked as a team. I would say the hardest part of my job is dealing with donor reactions because they tend to throw up but the best part of my job is preforming phlebotomy.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
management needs work
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2017
There are too many politics and issues going on in this environment. Barely anyone helps anyone and you are told to hurry up on a daily basis by one supervisor and to slow down by another.
Fast Paced Life-Saving Atmosphere
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 5, 2017
Getting to know the many donors that come to donate plasma at Talecris was one of the best parts of the job. The other employees are great, and the work environment is fun.
Nothing to say
Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 4, 2017
Nothing to say except I did not like working there because I was promised a certain amount of responsibility and was not given any. The staff was not very friendly until I started talking to them and kept talking. It took about a month for them to start conversing with me.
Great workplace
DONOR CENTER TECHNICIAN/ PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 27, 2017
Donor's may be irritated at times but as long as you are patient and understanding, you will enjoy it. Management has overall been good, yet because of the field itself there is a high turnover rate.
mangers was cool
Phlebotomist/ Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
loved the job just pay low for all the work you have to do health plan was good mangers was understanding when it come to family issues but always short staff
Pros
health plan
Cons
alway short staff
very attention demanding job but I like the challenge
\donor floor Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
monitoring donor floor patients while on PS2 machine , also performing venipuncture with 17g needle.Alsohad to monitor donor after donation to ensure safty of the patient
Pros
fast pace job
Cons
plasma stability
poor work/life balance
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
I enjoy getting to meet the donors however there is a poor work/life balance and low pay. Management is extremely inconsistent and it causes tension between the staff.
Pros
meeting new donors from all walks of life.
Cons
low pay and no work life balance
employed
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2017
Working various departments. Excellent growth potential, managers support professional development. Ability to attend college to further education. Very supportive and eager to train and compliance focused.
Great starting phlebotomy job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 1, 2017
* Lots of venipuncture practice
* Good team work
* Helped me a lot in my venipuncture skills
* Very quick paced envorniment to work in
* I had great managers in 2013-2014
Good benefits but thats where the good ends!
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 1, 2017
Not a good job to balance life outside of work. Jobs are more appropriate for individuals without family responsibilities. Management is not always clear on their procedures. Set up for failure is constant.
Benefits
Cons
Dedication to the job has little rewards
Fast paced work environment
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 18, 2017
It's a good place to get work experience. In my time there I have learned many basic Healthcare related skills such as: venipunctures, cGMP, and sample collection.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 16, 2017
Nice place to work.
A very complex Process to learn about once you learn the industry it will become very simple.
I traveled a ton (my choice) I was on special project teams and thoroughly enjoyed every location I worked in.
Stressful, fun and challenging
Donor Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLApril 10, 2017
I've worked for Talecris for many years and had different positions. Have your skates ready. Don't take it personal. Management very helpful, use them. Just master your job (read read read your SOP) so you can move up the ladder.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Dealing with irate donors.
Difficult balance
Donor Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2017
A typical day in this business is working from open until close. Staff very unprofessional. Accepted donors for intake and passed charts to next area.
great place for a first time phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 6, 2017
I learned amazing skills and had great mentors. hours were always guaranteed and pay was great. working at Talecris was a great experience for me. the staff was patient and amazing even when we were swamped with patients they never turn their backs on their fellow colleagues.
Pros
great pay, benefits, guaranteed hours
Cons
not enough staff
great benefits
Donor Center Technician & Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2017
I have been Working with the company in a fast-pace stressful environment for a year. The benefits are great but the facility could desperately use some armed security.
Great benefits and a company with purpose!
Certified Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 3, 2017
A great place to work! The benefits are amazing. The employees are well trained and must certify yearly in their positions. The Center has a turn over in management, however, it tends to be managers moving up into other positions. The company has strict Standing Operating Procedures, this is a positive because everyone is on the same page and when transferring to another Center it makes for an easy adjustment.

Being a nurse for this company is rewarding. You will complete predonation physicals, review lab work for abnormals, counsel donors with positive screening test results for viral markers, and many other things. It is rewarding.

Plasmapheresis is something one enjoys working in or does not. There does not seem to be a middle in this field. You work with many, many diverse people all donating for their personal reason. Specialty life saving medications are made and a sense of being part of something special is differently there.

Hope this was helpful and enjoy your adventure.
Pros
Excellent benefits and you work with many diverse backgrounds.
Cons
Hours are not cascaded and days off are often not scheduled together.
Benefits are great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2017
Benefits are great. The operation hours are hideous. The people are great to work with. It's like a family of course they have their moments of hatefulness.
Benefits
Cons
Operation hours
very busy
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 3, 2017
nice place to work if you want to see a large variety of people on a daily basis. kept me on my toes , i also had time that i could advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talecris Plasma Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6