Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed the time I had here.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I was a phlebotomist here at Talecris. I would set up and take down machines, do veiny puncture on the arm, take care of patients when we had them. It was the first job I had when I graduated from IBC.
Pros
Flexible work schedlue.
Cons
Company got bought out.
Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
A every demanding Job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at Talecis is you come into work and are bombarded with employees and donors complaining about breaks to I did not get my money on my card. You do not have anytime to completed your daily tasks because you are puttig out fires from left to right. You are always babysitting the staff, if they show up for work. The staff there is poorly managed they can come and go as the please. There is favoritism between management and staff. The staff can wear whatever they want eventhough the dress code is scrubs. You get cussed out by employees and donors daily. Then there is nothing done about it. Management is always late or never at the center. There is a high turn over rate at Talecris they can never keep employees. It is a high stressed job and you are always busy doing the same thing over and over again. The hardest part of the job is dealing with reataliation from the staff. The most enjoyable part is talking to all different sort of life and actually making medicine to help the ill. Therefore, there are more bad days then good. If you want to be sourrounded by positive people, I would not work here because there are only a few positive people This place is more negative that it is positive.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Negative, Poor managment, and very stressful
Love helping the elderly with everyday things.
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2016
Not paid enough for the responsibilities. Very rewarding taking care of the elderly. Make a lot of friends. Hear lots of neat stories from your elders. Can get attached to people and then they may pass away. But it is nice that you can be a part of their life.
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2016
I love working with my manager and the employees was fun too. The hardest part was getting to know everything and when I didn't know anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing payroll.
Donor Center Tech, Phlebotemist
Donor Center Technician II/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 27, 2016
This company is awful!!! Management is the worst!!! They don't even have any medical knowledge!!! Low pay, no breaks unless you are slow, high turnover rate, advancement takes forever, favoritism beyond belief, unqualified people get advanced over more qualified people, the most stressful place I ever worked!!! When I first started there it was good but got worse over time with personnel changes in management. The donors can be very rude at times and management expects you to take it without reacting at all!! The coworkers were good overall but it is a cut throat environment and you have to watch what you say to some people or the rumors will fly and you will be told on to management. Alot of backstabbing and brown nosing. If you want to work somewhere that is very stressful for little pay then this is the job for you!!!!
Pros
decent benefits overall for full time staff, good place to learn some basic medical skills if you don't have any medical experience.
Cons
management, stressful, low pay, no breaks, no social life
High volume, fast paced, stressful
Supervising Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 21, 2016
The training received for any position is rudimentary but adequate. The working environment was often fraught with internal drama and political.
Pros
Reasonable pay, reasonable hours, meaningful industry
Cons
Lack of management support and low employee morale
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 14, 2016
Staff is always friendly and willing to help so that you can ensure the job is being done correctly. Management is always willing to work with your hours and availability.
Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed

Want to know more about Talecris Plasma Resources?

Ask a question
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 7, 2016
Great work...Good place to work but work/life balance is horrible and pay is small, but good first job out of school. Never a dull moment great donors.
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
Productive work place with a friendly environment.
Medical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 2, 2016
A typical work day consists of getting to work around 0730, opening the center at 0800. On average as a LPN I perform about 3 physical exams a day checking HEENT, lung sounds, heart sounds, reflexes as well as administering a urine drug screen to applicant plasma donors. It is my personal goal to perform at least 5 or more physical exams per day. However, the number of physicals performed is determined by the number of applicant donors. Throughout my time with this company I have learned how to effectively communicate with individuals from all areas of life. The management team as well as my co-workers with which I have been working closely with consists of a diverse group of individuals who are able to express their ideas and opinions while also being open minded about the ideas and opinions of others. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that operating procedures are constantly changing so every day is a learning opportunity.
Pros
constant learning oppurtunities, friendly environment, quickly accrued vacation time
Cons
open 7 days a week so it's hard to have company/ staff gatherings to keep up morale
Could be better
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2016
An enjoyable job, but needed professional management of other employees who were not professional. It also depended on who you had to deal with (managers). During a typical day you may collect hundreds of plasma samples for testing (which I learned on the job). Chart reviewing. Worst part about the job was going in the freezer to search for samples not viable for shipment. Pay was by no means livable ($9.98\hr), and not guaranteed 40 hours a week. So getting paid every two weeks was a stretch. Most co-workers were great. Corporate was not helpful with unprofessional nurse who messed me around when I became injured on the job.
Pros
Learning on the job
Cons
Pay
great skill building job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
it was a great job to perfect your skills as a phlebotomists and will open your eyes to office politics due to how everyone is out for self and management only deals with the women who flirt with him
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Was able to meet new people, big enjoyment.
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31903February 19, 2016
The management was horrible, I was treated bad wouldn't want to work with this company again unless it was a whole new management team.
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LA Alexandria, LaFebruary 17, 2016
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Pros
free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons
overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
Very Good Learning Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Working here was a great learning experience. The reps in other departments didn't mind sharing the knowledge of their positions. A lot of room for growth in the company.
Rich in culture, but not much else
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Talecris is a company that is a part of a larger company called Grifols. Grifols is very rich in the plasma resources culture. The company oozes positive history in all of its training material, which is great. Unfortunately, that is really the only great part of the company. The job life suffers because they impose rules where they can demand you stay many hours after your scheduled end time. The overtime money is decent, but the extended shifts are often due to work not getting done, so the time is spent breaking your back to try and "catch up" because management has a very loose handle on the staff, which often is the cause of getting behind in the first place. Staff members are not disciplined for efficiency issues, which doesn't solve the problem. Benefits are below average for the type of work that is suppose to be government regulated. Menial labor jobs pay slightly less for much less labor performed. This is often a stepping stone for many trying to advance in the medical field. Staff is frequently rotating, which can upset the work flow. Job security is good because the locations are often understaffed, but that is also a negative. Advancement is very difficult as the management doesn't really change much and during the few times where management positions were available, the positions were always filled from outside the location. Training is, simply put, poor. The training coordinator is suppose to be knowledgeable about every position within the company, but willingly chooses to avoid certain areas, resulting in a knowledge deficiency that shows strongest when training  more... new employees in areas she doesn't have proper information to pass along. The staff is not much better. When entering into my new work area, I was told several very different and often wrong ways to do things by different people for work that is suppose to be government regulated. Management knows of these issues, but almost always chooses to look the other way or let employees off with only a verbal warning, even for repeat offenses.  less
Pros
Job security, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor training, advancement

2.6