If you are looking for an opportunity to drive organizational change, employee engagement, and overall talent development of a downtown NYC-based high growth technology company, we would like speak with you! We are looking for a strategic business partner who can provide critical thinking and leadership in the development of the talent bench and capabilities of our people, but also provide the right level of HR support, systems and processes to ensure flawless execution of HR services.
Through a strong partnership with the CEO and the leadership team, you are needed to help build a winning culture and develop organizational capabilities as our business continues to grow. The role is responsible for HR services including all areas of the employment life cycle, such as: compensation and benefits, recruitment, payroll, onboarding and development.
The Director will manage a staff of two, and continue to evolve the people strategy as we double our team over the next 18 months to a staff of about 200+. Key initiatives will include: job design, high potential talent identification, staff development, workforce planning, retention, compensation planning and administration, strategic staffing, employee engagement, communications, and community involvement.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements:
As a member of the executive team, the Director of HR this role will report to the Chief Executive Office and will have a staff that includes a talent specialist and an HR coordinator.
Qualified candidates include individuals with:
- 10+ years of HR generalist experience (may be a combination of talent and employee relations) in a high-performing, fast paced environment driving innovative people practices. Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree and/or PHR/SPHR a plus.
- Prior experience working in a forward-thinking start-up, technology, or digital media company as a successful business partner, aligning HR processes/tools to support strategic business priorities.
- Proven, measurable results in leading change initiatives and encouraging a passionate, engaged, results-focused employee culture.
- Demonstrated expertise consulting with managers and employees in the areas of performance management, objective setting, coaching, employee relations, compensation, and organizational development.
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability improving talent acquisition strategies and results.
- Expertise in designing and delivering training, development, education and cross-collaboration initiatives.
- Your style is to be a consultative business partner and to typically engage in strong relationships with your management team and employees. You are known for your collaborative approach to problem solving, and demonstrate strong influencing and process management skills, a passion for getting it done right, and demonstrated leadership abilities.
Indeed - 21 months ago