Overall responsibility includes all aspects of sales and marketing. Primary responsibility is sales growth through distributor and retail account management. Marketing responsibilities include identifying key local market events participation as well as implementation and execution of miscellaneous sampling programs.
1. Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volumes of targeted distribution channels and creating avenues to increase volume.
2. Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising equipment, techniques, etc.
3. Recommend changes in products, services, distribution channels, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
4. Directly interact with all TRBC employees in determining, planning and executing distribution strategies to service retail commitments.
5. Work with and manage all levels of each distributor within ones territory as it relates to growing TalkingRain Beverage Company products.
6. Implement distributor sales incentives by establishing routine Route Rides, assisting Sales Managers with sales calls and having the flexibility to adjust plans in order to keep distributor/wholesaler sales orders on track to achieve company profitability.
7. Provide the most professional and courteous customers service and maintain excellent localized customer relations with customer base.
8. Fill walk-in and stand-alone coolers and dry shelves with product and insure proper product rotation is maintained at all times.
9. Ensure all back stock areas are clean and organized. If not the case, take the proper steps to make it happen.
10. Maintain direct communication with store personnel.
11. Build displays in stores and maintain POS as necessary.
12. Continually monitor distributor inventory for proper levels.
New Product Launches
13. Prepare and deliver sales presentations on new items to existing customers and distributors. Provide product information, tips on sales techniques and distribution and volume driven programs.
14. In conjunction with direct supervisor develop annual budget, monitor and maintain all spending within or better than budget.
15. Provide month-end variance reports and explanations for actual expenses vs. budget.
16. Take leadership in analyzing expenses and continually look for ways to reduce costs.
Leadership and Development
17. Establish goals, identify priorities, provide direction, give the necessary tools and resources and recognize accomplishments in a timely manner.
18. Create a collaborative work environment that encourages participation and debate.
19. Drive the pursuit of excellence by consistently and fairly holding all team members accountable.
Reports To: Market Manager
1. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
2. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and especially Power Point)
4. Lift/Carry 50 lbs. repetitively during shift (occasionally up to 75 lbs).
5. Push/Pull up to 100 lbs. during shift.
6. Maintain a valid driver license.
7. Acceptable driving record.
8. Reliable vehicle.
9. Maintain auto insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. BA in Business Administration or Marketing.
2. Experience in Beverage Sales a plus.
Salary Range: $40k - $60k - DOE