Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

Slow-paced work environment.
Human Resources Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 25, 2017
It was fun to work at TCC because I got to know all of the Deans and Vice Presidents pretty quickly while working in Human Resources. I felt like I was part of a family.
TCC Review
Online Training Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 16, 2017
Worked at TCC part-time and enjoyed it. Would recommend working here. If you would like to work in a college or student-oriented setting, you should definitely work here.
It's a great place to work if you dont have dependents
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32308October 6, 2017
I liked TCC overall. I just wouldn't recommend working here if you have dependents that you would need benefits for. They offer 100% health insurance for employees, BUT the entire cost of the dependents care is left to the employee. It would be okay if they salaries offset the costs but $600 for one dependent is steep at the salaries they offer. They also promote tuition reimbursement for employees and free classes on campus but there are major limitations on both and the waitlist is so long for tuition reimbursement that its almost impossible to claim it as a benefit. The culture is great and management seems to really care about their employees but the chain of command is off.
Pros
Good work/life balance. Great culture and management.
Cons
Mediocre Benefits and missleading of true benefits.
Tcc
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 2, 2017
Its a good place to work if your going to school. They offer great time off, they will pay for you health insurance if you are a single person, and they offer tuition reimbursement plans.
I would not want to work there again.
Senior Accountant-Business Office (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Dumped assignments on you. the computer system was faulty. Cronyism abound. They used new employees as scapegoats. it was an overall bad work environment if you were not a lifer there. .
Excellent Place to Work
Staff Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2017
Typical Day at Work:
Serving students through job fairs, resume assistant, internships, choosing a major, job search, financial literacy and career development. Also, helping vendors, making deposits, keeping spreadsheets, answering phones assisting as a back up to my director.

Learned:
I love to learn and improve every day. I have learned to be more effective at problem solving and not complaining while working harder a team member.

Workplace Culture:
Diverse, intelligent, hardworking, warm and inviting

Hardest Part of Job:
When a student is have a hard time finding work is the hardest part of my job. Sometimes it is because they do not want to change their attitudes and others times it is that they merely cannot find work in their field of study.

Enjoyable Part of the Job:
I love helping others to succeed! I work very hard at it!
I love it when a students lights come on, and they have that moment when they can see their vision and make goals on what they need to do to reach their greatest potential.
Also, I really love teaching financial literacy and working with numbers.
Benefits
Cons
Non
This position assighment was in a penal institution working with inmates housing by the Department of Corrections.
ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 6, 2017
This work environment was a "guarded" one, literally in that I worked with State prisoners being housed with the Department of Corrections. Many of the inmates were very interested and did receive their GEDs.
Pros
Working with positive inmates, as well as the Staff.
Cons
Working under constant guards wearing weapons.
Great place to work!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 28, 2017
Most tasks were routine. Small changes occurred with faculty or class schedules allowing tasks to be completed ahead of schedule. Very friendly environment. Great benefits and plenty of time off to spend with family.
Pros
Able to take 6 semester hours of classes for free
Cons
Multiple tasks with short deadlines.
Okay place to work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 14, 2017
TCC is an okay place to work. There can be a lot more work done when it comes to compensating employees fairly.

The job itself is stressful and unfortunately the pay you receive doesn't compensate you fairly.

However we receive free health insurance and get PTO in addition to receiving paid time off during winter break and spring break.
Pros
Free Health insurance, Pto, Get Spring break and winter break off
Cons
Low pay, No advancement
adjunct work for community college
ECONOMICS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 10, 2017
Professors are supported and given the resources needed to be successful. The college does use a lot of short term contract employees which shortens the institutional memory.
Good Job Poor Management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 5, 2017
I work for Tallahassee Community College and the people are great. I enjoy working with my coworkers but the management in the department that I work for is terrible.
Pros
Insurance, coworkers schedule
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2017
TCC is a great place to work. The staff at TCC is wonderful. The students keep you busy and entertained. I would definitely recommend TCC for employment for others.
I Love The People
Unknown title (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 22, 2017
The is a lot of work for very little pay. You get that paid at the end of the month. strict hour limitations and guilt trips for unpaid over time. No breaks at all and if you are on time you are late
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay, Breaks, and clarity
Excellent School. Bad compensation
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32304June 16, 2017
Highly ranked institution that doesn't have money from state to make need improvements an pay sufficiently to retain quality full-time faculty for key positions. Stay of Florida for you.
Productive with high turnover
Program Specialist, Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2017
I have learned a lot about funding and administration of adult education programs. The most enjoyable aspect is watching students achieve their goals.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
High turnover
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32304June 8, 2017
Great faculty and leadership. FL community colleges are underfunded and the students underserved. The number of salaried professors versus adjunct faculty instructing students is surprising, and the pay for adjuncts in FL is a fraction of what it is in many states,
Great people and company, no options for work study students to smoothly transition to a full time/OPS employee
Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 7, 2017
Typical day at work for me is arriving to work 15 min before scheduled clock in time so you can start the opening process. Punctuality is important and gives the start of the day and nice positive flow. Stay on task be a team player and remain positive.
Best place to be!!!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 3, 2017
I felt like I was welcomed here. There was always good feed back from my boss and everyone was very good and helpful. I liked that our opinions were welcomed here.
Great Relationship
Front Desk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2017
Overall, great place to work in, giving there unique relationships between employees' and employers'. One day, I almost fall in loved with my employees, because that one day I was introduced to their favorite home cook meals and we all have a slice or side of their unique dish each and every holiday we spent together, given the opportunity under the orders from our sincere employer.
Pros
Great relationship
Exciting and Productive day organizing and communicating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2017
After class I would go straight to work. I have learned organization is the key to success and that communication is very vital to the success of a company and job. The work culture was very pure an exciting because we all loved being around each other. Hardest part of the job was running errands around the campus repeatedly though the day rain or shine. I loved writing documents for the professors.
Pros
Interact with other
Cons
N/a