Tallahassee Community College

Tallahassee Community College United States Employee Reviews

productive and interactive work place
Supervisor - Aprell Griffin (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, small office
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, organizing data and files, manually totaling all drawer totals and the end of the day. Ive learned to access personal student information and operate in a system using keys that navigate through the computer system. The management is INCREDIBLE the supervisor checks on employees daily and teaches employees new and different ways to figure out the answers to student questions. Co-workers are friendly and helpful to those that are confused with any navigations and problems within the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist students with information regarding their account and anything witholding their registration into school.
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2015
I was a Language Arts Instructor at the Gadsden Reentry Center. This was a male prison located in Gadsden County, Florida. Tallahassee Community College provided educational support to prison inmates who were preparing to be released into general society.
My job is a good all job have theri pros and cons
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: we have good benfits.
Cons: my day start at 6.00 am
My typical day at work is good there are good thing that happen and bad that's life. I have duties everyday I learn way s to make my job easer. I get a long with my management team and my co-workers. The hardest part is getting my supplies ready because sometimes we do more than one task. The enjoyable is that I do different task so it makes the day go by.
Enjoyable
Tutor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 31, 2014
I never thought i would enjoy tutoring but it was a fun and fulfilling experience.
productive, interactive workplace
Administrative Assistant Senior Cashier (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaOctober 28, 2014
A typical day as an administrative assistant varied from day to day, which kept it interesting. I was responsible for greeting students upon entrance, scheduling or re-scheduling appointments. Answering the phone within three rings, transferring, taking messages, operating the copy machine/ facsimile. And occasionally running errands. All the while making sure that everything pertaining to the front area was running calmly, peacefully and in order. My co-workers and I often times worked together to ensure that everything was operating smoothly, if someone was held up working on a specific task, the others would fill in. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the peace while students are raging in anger. The easiest part of the job was the face to face interaction with the students.
Assistant to dean
Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: dealing with the dean
I worked with students and faculty. I helped students register for classes. I helped faculty with their paperwork that was required by the college.
Productive, fun enviroment
Surgical Technologist Student (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Very good school but the program was a little un-organized because it is a new program.
Productive and Insightful on how a community based program is structured.
Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), 444 Appleyard DriveJuly 23, 2014
Working in the Take Stock in Children office,a typical day would begin with me arriving 8:00am and greeting my co-workers. I would begin working on any previous tasks that I have been assigned and presenting them to my manager. I would make sure that all files are up to date and that each student personal file is correctly positioned for easy access.
great
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 30, 2014
it work around my schedule and its great for students who are attedning school
Great work experience with minor set-backs
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 7, 2014
Great work enviroment with some down falls. Hours are slim. Pay is ok. But the enviroment is great you have to love what you do.
While working for TCC, my position allowed me to connect with other adult students,as well as the importance of staying connected to complete anything
PEER LEADER (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: working with fellow students and staying connected to my future goal.
Cons: healthcare and part-time
A typical day at work consisted of assisting professors, having daily meetings in regards to the " Pantry," which is for students who have financial problems, will have one less stress of having a meal to eat during hard times. We also have a community "garden," that we are trying to incorporate into the Pantry. I learned leadership skills and service learning, while expanding my education and knowledge.
Has given me advance knowledge and experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), 444 Appleyard Dr.February 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours no benefits
Check mail and post to database
Scan documents for files
Work well with co-workers
There is no hard parts of my job
Productive at all times
Economic & Workforce Development (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learning enviroment
Cons: ops positions/ not permanent
Working with adults to become students to obtain their GED is rewarding. I learn people communicate in many different ways. Therefore to be a successful teacher/instructor/coordinator, I must learn the culture of many people. With guide lines all can learn and reach their goals and become very successful. I feel we are ALL STUDENTS. WE CAN ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING.

Coordinating programs for TCC Economic Workforce Development is challenging. TCC EWD has various learning sites. It was my responsibility setting up sites and aiding in hiring teachers for that particular site, whether it was in a school, hospital, library, or prison.
Great Internship By Which I have learned immensely
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 19, 2014
•Designed and implemented a statewide, e-Learning course using Articulate Storyline; incorporated voice over, animation, multiple modules, a course review section, and quiz items to reinforce learner retention
Dental Assistant / Class Tutor
Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene Tutor (Former Employee), Tallahassee Dental Hygiene ClinicJanuary 10, 2014
Worked with the Floor dentist during his office hours.
Focused on Tutoring underclassmen for courses such as:
head and neck anatomy, Applied pharmacology, Dental Emergencies, dental materials, Review for National Boards
Not good.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Although TCC pays very well and the benefits are great there are problems in the Business Office that need to be resolved.
Program Specialist and OPS Instructor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 7, 2013
Training career encumbents in enhanced skills. Delivery of workforce development training in renewable energy, construction trades and safety.
great people
Student Office Aid (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2013
I had made life long friends while working at Tallahassee Community College!
part-time job during the time of attending school. Work Study.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2013
Cons: very short break.
answered phone calls & direct them to the proper extensions or person they needed to talk to. Opened mail daily & disturbuted them in teachers mailboxes. Walk around campus picking up & delivering documentations. There was no hard work about it.
Clerical
Clerical (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 19, 2013
I was a great place to be and learn how to work with others including my peers. Most of the times we tried to help each other out, evening changing days if something came up at the last minute.