Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

Audio visual technician
Audi Visual technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I learned a lot from TCC. it's a great and fun working place. The room for growth is narrow. I specially encourage people looking for entry level position
Fun work place
Mathematics Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 24, 2015
great people surrounding you
collaborative and supportive management has been demonstrated
Only if you enjoy helping peers
Decent Pay
Equality
A very productive place to work
File Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 4, 2015
I feel very appreciated here, the people are nice and the pay is good. It is a state job so you only get paid once a month but if you budget you can it work.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
One month pay
Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
A busy place to work with students.. I have learn to that in this line of work you have to multitask and i love working with the students.
Management is great hands on very helpful. my co workers are great i felt like family.. The most enjoyable part was planning the events.
Pros
free lunches, trips
Benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work is politic free. I enjoy the work environment. I also enjoy providing instruction in a supportive work environment.
To many administrative duties.
Associate Professor, Science-Math Division (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Faculty and Staff are very friendly. Administration would do well to communicate with Faculty more about our concerns with the increasing amount of non-teaching duties.
Pros
Faculty get along well
Cons
Large class sizes, pay below average
Great experience.
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Was always greeted with warmth every day. Loved going to work because the people there made you feel welcomed. No complaints.
Love my school
VOLUNTEER PEER LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 5, 2015
As a volunteer, the staff that I worked for were awesome! Completely understood if there were any outside personal problems and would allow you to work around them.
Pros
Scholarship money, experience
OK for a part time job
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaJuly 21, 2015
Changing rules and regulation without any notices, overall management quality is very poor. But friendly multicultural work environment.
work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeMay 3, 2015
Tallahassee Community college has always been a great place to work! A typical day at work was very busy, answering and transferring phone calls, scheduling appointments and etc. The hardest part about my job was staying focused when we were slow and the easiest part was helping students to get what they need.
productive and interactive work place
Supervisor - Aprell Griffin (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, organizing data and files, manually totaling all drawer totals and the end of the day. Ive learned to access personal student information and operate in a system using keys that navigate through the computer system. The management is INCREDIBLE the supervisor checks on employees daily and teaches employees new and different ways to figure out the answers to student questions. Co-workers are friendly and helpful to those that are confused with any navigations and problems within the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist students with information regarding their account and anything witholding their registration into school.
Pros
flexible hours, small office
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2015
I was a Language Arts Instructor at the Gadsden Reentry Center. This was a male prison located in Gadsden County, Florida. Tallahassee Community College provided educational support to prison inmates who were preparing to be released into general society.
My job is a good all job have theri pros and cons
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 3, 2015
My typical day at work is good there are good thing that happen and bad that's life. I have duties everyday I learn way s to make my job easer. I get a long with my management team and my co-workers. The hardest part is getting my supplies ready because sometimes we do more than one task. The enjoyable is that I do different task so it makes the day go by.
Pros
we have good benfits.
Cons
my day start at 6.00 am
Enjoyable
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 31, 2014
I never thought i would enjoy tutoring but it was a fun and fulfilling experience.
productive, interactive workplace
Administrative Assistant Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaOctober 28, 2014
A typical day as an administrative assistant varied from day to day, which kept it interesting. I was responsible for greeting students upon entrance, scheduling or re-scheduling appointments. Answering the phone within three rings, transferring, taking messages, operating the copy machine/ facsimile. And occasionally running errands. All the while making sure that everything pertaining to the front area was running calmly, peacefully and in order. My co-workers and I often times worked together to ensure that everything was operating smoothly, if someone was held up working on a specific task, the others would fill in. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the peace while students are raging in anger. The easiest part of the job was the face to face interaction with the students.
Assistant to dean
Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I worked with students and faculty. I helped students register for classes. I helped faculty with their paperwork that was required by the college.
Pros
working with students
Cons
dealing with the dean
Productive, fun enviroment
Surgical Technologist Student (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Very good school but the program was a little un-organized because it is a new program.
Productive and Insightful on how a community based program is structured.
Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  444 Appleyard DriveJuly 23, 2014
Working in the Take Stock in Children office,a typical day would begin with me arriving 8:00am and greeting my co-workers. I would begin working on any previous tasks that I have been assigned and presenting them to my manager. I would make sure that all files are up to date and that each student personal file is correctly positioned for easy access.
great
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 30, 2014
it work around my schedule and its great for students who are attedning school
Great work experience with minor set-backs
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 7, 2014
Great work enviroment with some down falls. Hours are slim. Pay is ok. But the enviroment is great you have to love what you do.

4.3