Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
A busy place to work with students.. I have learn to that in this line of work you have to multitask and i love working with the students.
Management is great hands on very helpful. my co workers are great i felt like family.. The most enjoyable part was planning the events.
Pros
free lunches, trips
Benefits
Tallahassee Community College is a great school and and great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work involves coming into the classroom preparing to give lesson for that day. I've leaned that working with students your own age can be challenging. Being a team player with my co-worker can be very helpful and fun to work around. the hardest part of the job is trying to plan many things with very little time. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students, knowing that the day won't be the same each day.
Incredible place to work, with great management
Assistant to the Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 22, 2016
Management is amazing. They are willing to do anything to help you succeed. Truly, enjoyed my time and experience here.
good place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2016
TCC was a typical state run school system. Management was supportive as long as you stayed in their norm. The hardest part of the job was get out of the box and due something new to increase production and lower cost.
Pros
State benefits
Cons
under contract
I had a great time working there beautiful environment.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2016
Tallahassee Community College provides great customer service to each student no matter what your race is at the moment. Their main focus is to make each student feel like they are at home.
Productive work place with wonderful people to work with
Made student Ids/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 23, 2016
Working at Tallahassee Community College has been an honor and a pleasure. It has been very enjoyable. The people are great to work with as well as the type of job. It has been very enjoyable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough Pay
Fun Working Environment
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work was awesome working with the management
team. The co workers were great. The most best experience i've
had.
Fun work place
Mathematics Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 24, 2015
great people surrounding you
collaborative and supportive management has been demonstrated
Only if you enjoy helping peers
Decent Pay
Equality
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2016
T.C.C. is an awesome place to work. There is never a dull moment. If you love interacting with others this is the job for you.
Audio visual technician
Audi Visual technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I learned a lot from TCC. it's a great and fun working place. The room for growth is narrow. I specially encourage people looking for entry level position
productive and interactive work place
Supervisor - Aprell Griffin (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, organizing data and files, manually totaling all drawer totals and the end of the day. Ive learned to access personal student information and operate in a system using keys that navigate through the computer system. The management is INCREDIBLE the supervisor checks on employees daily and teaches employees new and different ways to figure out the answers to student questions. Co-workers are friendly and helpful to those that are confused with any navigations and problems within the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist students with information regarding their account and anything witholding their registration into school.
Pros
flexible hours, small office
I need to help family with finances by finding employment
College Student (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 1, 2012
Most of my jobs were to work in inclement weather, holidays, and some weekends. I drove over the road in the Southeast with MBM for Chick-Fil-A restaurants. I was part of management with Barbers dairy which I supervised 12 employees. The hardest part of all the jobs were loading and unloading the trucks besides no touch freight. The most enjoyable times I had working with driving jobs was the independence of being alone, being responsible, and as always drive with all the safety precautions because of the crazy drivers who do not need a driver's license.
Pros
good benefits and bonus's
Cons
no holiday time
A very productive place to work
File Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 4, 2015
I feel very appreciated here, the people are nice and the pay is good. It is a state job so you only get paid once a month but if you budget you can it work.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
One month pay
OK for a part time job
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaJuly 21, 2015
Changing rules and regulation without any notices, overall management quality is very poor. But friendly multicultural work environment.
Productive and fun workplace with very flexible hours
Information Technology / Intern (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee,FlaJune 26, 2012
A typical day at work is productive and fun. There is a lot I have learned working here.
The management is great to get along with, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours, While most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone.
Pros
flexible hours, nice people, good salary
Cons
job unstability
To many administrative duties.
Associate Professor, Science-Math Division (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Faculty and Staff are very friendly. Administration would do well to communicate with Faculty more about our concerns with the increasing amount of non-teaching duties.
Pros
Faculty get along well
Cons
Large class sizes, pay below average
My job is a good all job have theri pros and cons
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 3, 2015
My typical day at work is good there are good thing that happen and bad that's life. I have duties everyday I learn way s to make my job easer. I get a long with my management team and my co-workers. The hardest part is getting my supplies ready because sometimes we do more than one task. The enjoyable is that I do different task so it makes the day go by.
Pros
we have good benfits.
Cons
my day start at 6.00 am
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work is politic free. I enjoy the work environment. I also enjoy providing instruction in a supportive work environment.
Productive at all times
Economic & Workforce Development (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Working with adults to become students to obtain their GED is rewarding. I learn people communicate in many different ways. Therefore to be a successful teacher/instructor/coordinator, I must learn the culture of many people. With guide lines all can learn and reach their goals and become very successful. I feel we are ALL STUDENTS. WE CAN ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING.

Coordinating programs for TCC Economic Workforce Development is challenging. TCC EWD has various learning sites. It was my responsibility setting up sites and aiding in hiring teachers for that particular site, whether it was in a school, hospital, library, or prison.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
ops positions/ not permanent
Great experience.
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Was always greeted with warmth every day. Loved going to work because the people there made you feel welcomed. No complaints.

4.4