Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

Acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors
Behavior Assistant Training (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Behavior assistant services are  one­-on­-one activities related to the delivery of behavior analysis services, as defined under Behavior Analysis Services and Assessment, and are designated in and required by a behavior analysis service plan. Activities include monitoring of behavior analysis services, the implementation of behavioral procedures for acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors, data
collection and display.
Easy Going College w/ A great attitude
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I wake up during the week looking forward to going to work for TCC. Very organized management with a clear helpful spirt toward the employees.
It was good for the experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 22, 2017
The work was simple and slow. I found myself bored a lot of the time if there wasn't an event going on on campus. The building was also very cold and it was winter.
Pros
Events of Campus
Cons
Cold Building, Not Much Work
Always around sports in workplace along with a ping pong table
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would probably just being around the game of basketball which I still love and play.
Wonderful Atmosphere
Staff Assistant to HR Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Tallahassee Community College is a wonderful place to work. All of my co-workers really enjoy the Christmas vacation, spring break, and health benefits.
Fun and productive
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Working here with people who are of like mind is a pleasure and productive workplace. The easy part of my job is when a student get it - and learning become interesting and fun.
Pros
Meeting new people
Productive and Professional Workplace
Administrative Assistant, Division of Workforce (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Very goal oriented workplace where I enhanced my time management, organizational and professional skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hands on with the students.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2016
Tallahassee Community College is loving place. Everyone works to make the college better so that the students can thrive and become successful. TCC is a very homely place to work at.
Pros
Everyone looks out for eachother
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 19, 2016
Tallahassee community college is a very productive work place. Everybody that I worked with on daily bases had a grinders mentality. I would start my day with a 6am individual skill workout with our student athletes. Once the school day started I would have to do class checks to make sure all of our student athletes were attending class and sitting in the front row. In between classes I would have individual academic meeting with our student athletes to discuss up coming assignments or test. Once I finished with student athletes I would go meet with the academic advisor to discuss there grades in the class. While I was the academic liaison we had a 98% graduation rate.Then I would head back to the office to prepare the practice plan and get ready for practice. Usually practice would last about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Once practice was over I would go back to the office to prepare for thew following day. After I finish with preparation for the following day my day was over. I learned a large amount of knowledge from my former boss about how to organize and lead a college program. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the interaction with co workers and my student athletes.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great working environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 14, 2016
Alot of hands on figure it out work. All of my fellow workers were the true definition of a "team" and we all assisted each other. The only thing I would have liked to see more is a defined training in the main computer system (WorkDay) verse just winging it and hoping you did what you needed to correctly.
Pros
I don't have one or two specific things; I loved TCC
Cons
Grant ending
Tallahassee Community College
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work and I enjoy the friendly atmosphere here with the coworkers. I think the pay could be better, but overall it's a decent place to get a start in the office setting.
Definitely worth the scholarship that came with
Connect2Complete Peer Leader/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 12, 2016
The management was good, the program was well-run, and the benefits (a scholarship) were definitely worth the volunteer hours put in. I learned how to become a better leader and how to work with other students and peer leaders. The hardest part of the job was grasping the concept that I had to volunteer and take an extra class without receiving credit for it, but I did get my classes paid for. The most enjoyable part were the perks: first to apply for classes, classes paid for
Pros
paid for classes
Cons
a lot of pressure for a student fresh out of high school
I had a great time working there beautiful environment.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2016
Tallahassee Community College provides great customer service to each student no matter what your race is at the moment. Their main focus is to make each student feel like they are at home.
good place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2016
TCC was a typical state run school system. Management was supportive as long as you stayed in their norm. The hardest part of the job was get out of the box and due something new to increase production and lower cost.
Pros
State benefits
Cons
under contract
Fun Working Environment
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work was awesome working with the management
team. The co workers were great. The most best experience i've
had.
Tallahassee Community College is a great school and and great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work involves coming into the classroom preparing to give lesson for that day. I've leaned that working with students your own age can be challenging. Being a team player with my co-worker can be very helpful and fun to work around. the hardest part of the job is trying to plan many things with very little time. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students, knowing that the day won't be the same each day.
Productive work place with wonderful people to work with
Made student Ids/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 23, 2016
Working at Tallahassee Community College has been an honor and a pleasure. It has been very enjoyable. The people are great to work with as well as the type of job. It has been very enjoyable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough Pay
Incredible place to work, with great management
Assistant to the Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 22, 2016
Management is amazing. They are willing to do anything to help you succeed. Truly, enjoyed my time and experience here.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2016
T.C.C. is an awesome place to work. There is never a dull moment. If you love interacting with others this is the job for you.
Audio visual technician
Audi Visual technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I learned a lot from TCC. it's a great and fun working place. The room for growth is narrow. I specially encourage people looking for entry level position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallahassee Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4