Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
A busy place to work with students.. I have learn to that in this line of work you have to multitask and i love working with the students.
Management is great hands on very helpful. my co workers are great i felt like family.. The most enjoyable part was planning the events.
Pros
free lunches, trips
Benefits
Tallahassee Community College is a great school and and great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work involves coming into the classroom preparing to give lesson for that day. I've leaned that working with students your own age can be challenging. Being a team player with my co-worker can be very helpful and fun to work around. the hardest part of the job is trying to plan many things with very little time. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students, knowing that the day won't be the same each day.
Incredible place to work, with great management
Assistant to the Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 22, 2016
Management is amazing. They are willing to do anything to help you succeed. Truly, enjoyed my time and experience here.
good place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2016
TCC was a typical state run school system. Management was supportive as long as you stayed in their norm. The hardest part of the job was get out of the box and due something new to increase production and lower cost.
Pros
State benefits
Cons
under contract
I had a great time working there beautiful environment.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2016
Tallahassee Community College provides great customer service to each student no matter what your race is at the moment. Their main focus is to make each student feel like they are at home.
Productive work place with wonderful people to work with
Made student Ids/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 23, 2016
Working at Tallahassee Community College has been an honor and a pleasure. It has been very enjoyable. The people are great to work with as well as the type of job. It has been very enjoyable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough Pay
Fun Working Environment
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work was awesome working with the management
team. The co workers were great. The most best experience i've
had.
I need to help family with finances by finding employment
College Student (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 1, 2012
Most of my jobs were to work in inclement weather, holidays, and some weekends. I drove over the road in the Southeast with MBM for Chick-Fil-A restaurants. I was part of management with Barbers dairy which I supervised 12 employees. The hardest part of all the jobs were loading and unloading the trucks besides no touch freight. The most enjoyable times I had working with driving jobs was the independence of being alone, being responsible, and as always drive with all the safety precautions because of the crazy drivers who do not need a driver's license.
Pros
good benefits and bonus's
Cons
no holiday time
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2016
T.C.C. is an awesome place to work. There is never a dull moment. If you love interacting with others this is the job for you.
Audio visual technician
Audi Visual technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I learned a lot from TCC. it's a great and fun working place. The room for growth is narrow. I specially encourage people looking for entry level position
A very productive place to work
File Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 4, 2015
I feel very appreciated here, the people are nice and the pay is good. It is a state job so you only get paid once a month but if you budget you can it work.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
One month pay
Fun work place
Mathematics Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 24, 2015
great people surrounding you
collaborative and supportive management has been demonstrated
Only if you enjoy helping peers
Decent Pay
Equality
Productive and fun workplace with very flexible hours
Information Technology / Intern (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee,FlaJune 26, 2012
A typical day at work is productive and fun. There is a lot I have learned working here.
The management is great to get along with, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours, While most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone.
Pros
flexible hours, nice people, good salary
Cons
job unstability
Overall, not a bad place to work
Media Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2013
If hired as an OPS there are no benefits, no compensation, no job security and no advancement. Not a horrible place to work but not a place to build a career.
Pros
willing to work with your schedule
Cons
no benefits
Great Benefits
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 20, 2013
It's a good place to retire. No room for advancement, most likely the job you are hired for is the job you will retire in. But great benefits
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no upward advancement
To many administrative duties.
Associate Professor, Science-Math Division (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Faculty and Staff are very friendly. Administration would do well to communicate with Faculty more about our concerns with the increasing amount of non-teaching duties.
Pros
Faculty get along well
Cons
Large class sizes, pay below average
productive and interactive work place
Supervisor - Aprell Griffin (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, organizing data and files, manually totaling all drawer totals and the end of the day. Ive learned to access personal student information and operate in a system using keys that navigate through the computer system. The management is INCREDIBLE the supervisor checks on employees daily and teaches employees new and different ways to figure out the answers to student questions. Co-workers are friendly and helpful to those that are confused with any navigations and problems within the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist students with information regarding their account and anything witholding their registration into school.
Pros
flexible hours, small office
Has given me advance knowledge and experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  444 Appleyard Dr.February 5, 2014
Check mail and post to database
Scan documents for files
Work well with co-workers
There is no hard parts of my job
Cons
not enough hours no benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work is politic free. I enjoy the work environment. I also enjoy providing instruction in a supportive work environment.
Not good.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Although TCC pays very well and the benefits are great there are problems in the Business Office that need to be resolved.

4.4