Tallahassee Community College

Tallahassee Community College Employer Reviews

Has given me advance knowledge and experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), 444 Appleyard Dr.February 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours no benefits
Check mail and post to database
Scan documents for files
Work well with co-workers
There is no hard parts of my job
Productive at all times
Economic & Workforce Development (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learning enviroment
Cons: ops positions/ not permanent
Working with adults to become students to obtain their GED is rewarding. I learn people communicate in many different ways. Therefore to be a successful teacher/instructor/coordinator, I must learn the culture of many people. With guide lines all can learn and reach their goals and become very successful. I feel we are ALL STUDENTS. WE CAN ALWAYS LEARN – more... SOMETHING.

Coordinating programs for TCC Economic Workforce Development is challenging. TCC EWD has various learning sites. It was my responsibility setting up sites and aiding in hiring teachers for that particular site, whether it was in a school, hospital, library, or prison. – less
Great Internship By Which I have learned immensely
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 19, 2014
•Designed and implemented a statewide, e-Learning course using Articulate Storyline; incorporated voice over, animation, multiple modules, a course review section, and quiz items to reinforce learner retention
Dental Assistant / Class Tutor
Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene Tutor (Former Employee), Tallahassee Dental Hygiene ClinicJanuary 10, 2014
Worked with the Floor dentist during his office hours.
Focused on Tutoring underclassmen for courses such as:
head and neck anatomy, Applied pharmacology, Dental Emergencies, dental materials, Review for National Boards
Not good.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Although TCC pays very well and the benefits are great there are problems in the Business Office that need to be resolved.
Program Specialist and OPS Instructor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 7, 2013
Training career encumbents in enhanced skills. Delivery of workforce development training in renewable energy, construction trades and safety.
great people
Student Office Aid (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2013
I had made life long friends while working at Tallahassee Community College!
part-time job during the time of attending school. Work Study.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2013
Cons: very short break.
answered phone calls & direct them to the proper extensions or person they needed to talk to. Opened mail daily & disturbuted them in teachers mailboxes. Walk around campus picking up & delivering documentations. There was no hard work about it.
Clerical
Clerical (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 19, 2013
I was a great place to be and learn how to work with others including my peers. Most of the times we tried to help each other out, evening changing days if something came up at the last minute.
Overall, not a bad place to work
Media Lab Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2013
Pros: willing to work with your schedule
Cons: no benefits
If hired as an OPS there are no benefits, no compensation, no job security and no advancement. Not a horrible place to work but not a place to build a career.
fun exciting place to work
Computer Technical Support Computer Lab (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2013
Pros: great mentor great atmopsphere
fun exciting place to work always learning everyday. Always a new challenge day to day
Great Benefits
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: no upward advancement
It's a good place to retire. No room for advancement, most likely the job you are hired for is the job you will retire in. But great benefits
Working as a Secretary and Teacher Assistant.
Student Work (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: working in the communication and humanities department
Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
take,type and distribute minutes of meetings
implement and maintain office systems
maintain schedules and calendars
arrange and confirm appointments
organize internal and external events
handle incoming mail and other material
set – more... up and maintain filing systems.

Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Tutor and assist students individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers. – less
Enjoyable atmosphere
Record Clerk (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2012
I really enjoyed working in Tallahassee Community College's Enrollment Services and Student Success office as a records clerk.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 3, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: low pay
Always busy with a lot of variety. Repairing light fixtures, repairing plumbing problems, carpentry, air handlers
Good management
Great co-workers
Having to work outside sometimes(winter)
Could always get help if needed.
Productive and Educational workplace that's like family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2012
Pros: very uplifting spirits and smiles all day.
I enjoyed this job from beginning to end. The staff was more like family instead of just co-workers. All with the same mentality and teamwork ethics. Dedicating ourselves to our students and their success. As well as helping them along with Graduating with their High School Diploma.
fun and productive work place a great place to learn
Student (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 9, 2012
i learned alot from my professors and my class mates they showed me how to take resposibility for my actions learn to ask questions if you dont kno the answer it also showed me that if you work hard and strive for it your you can do or be anything you want to be
Very productive
Financial aid advisor (Former Employee), Tallahassee floridaAugust 1, 2012
Pros: consistent work flow
Cons: unorganized
As a workstudy student i was assigned little entertaining projects and learned alot of things reguarding the financial aid process.
Professor of Chemistry
Chemistry Instructor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2012
This is a great place to be employed with, they really care about the well-being of their employees. Everyone works well together as a team to bring about the best work environment for all.
wonderful work environment
clerical work-study (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2012
Pros: great people, great hours
Cons: delivering mail to the mailroom in the rain.
I worked there as a work-study. The professors were very supportive and I assited them with different tasks on a day to day basis. I also assisted students with any questions they had and delivering papers or assignments to the correct professor. I also handled opening and delivering incoming and outgoing mail.