Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 14, 2017
TCC is an okay place to work. There can be a lot more work done when it comes to compensating employees fairly.

The job itself is stressful and unfortunately the pay you receive doesn't compensate you fairly.

However we receive free health insurance and get PTO in addition to receiving paid time off during winter break and spring break.
Pros
Free Health insurance, Pto, Get Spring break and winter break off
Cons
Low pay, No advancement
adjunct work for community college
ECONOMICS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 10, 2017
Professors are supported and given the resources needed to be successful. The college does use a lot of short term contract employees which shortens the institutional memory.
Good Job Poor Management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 5, 2017
I work for Tallahassee Community College and the people are great. I enjoy working with my coworkers but the management in the department that I work for is terrible.
Pros
Insurance, coworkers schedule
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2017
TCC is a great place to work. The staff at TCC is wonderful. The students keep you busy and entertained. I would definitely recommend TCC for employment for others.
I Love The People
Unknown title (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 22, 2017
The is a lot of work for very little pay. You get that paid at the end of the month. strict hour limitations and guilt trips for unpaid over time. No breaks at all and if you are on time you are late
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay, Breaks, and clarity
Excellent School. Bad compensation
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32304June 16, 2017
Highly ranked institution that doesn't have money from state to make need improvements an pay sufficiently to retain quality full-time faculty for key positions. Stay of Florida for you.
Productive with high turnover
Program Specialist, Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2017
I have learned a lot about funding and administration of adult education programs. The most enjoyable aspect is watching students achieve their goals.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
High turnover
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32304June 8, 2017
Great faculty and leadership. FL community colleges are underfunded and the students underserved. The number of salaried professors versus adjunct faculty instructing students is surprising, and the pay for adjuncts in FL is a fraction of what it is in many states,
Great people and company, no options for work study students to smoothly transition to a full time/OPS employee
Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 7, 2017
Typical day at work for me is arriving to work 15 min before scheduled clock in time so you can start the opening process. Punctuality is important and gives the start of the day and nice positive flow. Stay on task be a team player and remain positive.
Best place to be!!!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 3, 2017
I felt like I was welcomed here. There was always good feed back from my boss and everyone was very good and helpful. I liked that our opinions were welcomed here.
Great Relationship
Front Desk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 25, 2017
Overall, great place to work in, giving there unique relationships between employees' and employers'. One day, I almost fall in loved with my employees, because that one day I was introduced to their favorite home cook meals and we all have a slice or side of their unique dish each and every holiday we spent together, given the opportunity under the orders from our sincere employer.
Pros
Great relationship
Exciting and Productive day organizing and communicating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2017
After class I would go straight to work. I have learned organization is the key to success and that communication is very vital to the success of a company and job. The work culture was very pure an exciting because we all loved being around each other. Hardest part of the job was running errands around the campus repeatedly though the day rain or shine. I loved writing documents for the professors.
Pros
Interact with other
Cons
N/a
Fun work environment!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 27, 2017
A wonderful experience to have the opportunity to develop the new leaders of the emerging workforce. A life long reward reflecting on the impact you have on peoples' lives and careers.
Acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors
Behavior Assistant Training (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Behavior assistant services are  one­-on­-one activities related to the delivery of behavior analysis services, as defined under Behavior Analysis Services and Assessment, and are designated in and required by a behavior analysis service plan. Activities include monitoring of behavior analysis services, the implementation of behavioral procedures for acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors, data
collection and display.
Easy Going College w/ A great attitude
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I wake up during the week looking forward to going to work for TCC. Very organized management with a clear helpful spirt toward the employees.
It was good for the experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 22, 2017
The work was simple and slow. I found myself bored a lot of the time if there wasn't an event going on on campus. The building was also very cold and it was winter.
Pros
Events of Campus
Cons
Cold Building, Not Much Work
Always around sports in workplace along with a ping pong table
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would probably just being around the game of basketball which I still love and play.
Wonderful Atmosphere
Staff Assistant to HR Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Tallahassee Community College is a wonderful place to work. All of my co-workers really enjoy the Christmas vacation, spring break, and health benefits.
Fun and productive
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Working here with people who are of like mind is a pleasure and productive workplace. The easy part of my job is when a student get it - and learning become interesting and fun.
Pros
Meeting new people
Productive and Professional Workplace
Administrative Assistant, Division of Workforce (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Very goal oriented workplace where I enhanced my time management, organizational and professional skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hands on with the students.