Tallahassee Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Overall, not a bad place to work
Media Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2013
If hired as an OPS there are no benefits, no compensation, no job security and no advancement. Not a horrible place to work but not a place to build a career.
Pros
willing to work with your schedule
Cons
no benefits
Love my school
VOLUNTEER PEER LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 5, 2015
As a volunteer, the staff that I worked for were awesome! Completely understood if there were any outside personal problems and would allow you to work around them.
Pros
Scholarship money, experience
productive, interactive workplace
Administrative Assistant Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaOctober 28, 2014
A typical day as an administrative assistant varied from day to day, which kept it interesting. I was responsible for greeting students upon entrance, scheduling or re-scheduling appointments. Answering the phone within three rings, transferring, taking messages, operating the copy machine/ facsimile. And occasionally running errands. All the while making sure that everything pertaining to the front area was running calmly, peacefully and in order. My co-workers and I often times worked together to ensure that everything was operating smoothly, if someone was held up working on a specific task, the others would fill in. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the peace while students are raging in anger. The easiest part of the job was the face to face interaction with the students.
work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeMay 3, 2015
Tallahassee Community college has always been a great place to work! A typical day at work was very busy, answering and transferring phone calls, scheduling appointments and etc. The hardest part about my job was staying focused when we were slow and the easiest part was helping students to get what they need.
fun and productive work place a great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 9, 2012
i learned alot from my professors and my class mates they showed me how to take resposibility for my actions learn to ask questions if you dont kno the answer it also showed me that if you work hard and strive for it your you can do or be anything you want to be
A place where I learned to work well with others and gained plenty knowledge and experience
Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee,FLJanuary 18, 2012
On this job I sometimes helped students with their online application and other questions that they posed when if I was in that area. The environment was intense but it only motivated me to work faster to get the work done. I worked with individuals who had been employee of our department for many years. I was able to acquire much knowledge and got to assist new employees. As a student at the time, the job provided me with information that facilitated my experience while in school. We had meetings every Friday afternoon to obtain the status of our improvements or faults that week.
Pros
flexible, office lunches and breakfast
Cons
misplaced paper work sometimes
Very relaxed atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 3, 2012
Always busy with a lot of variety. Repairing light fixtures, repairing plumbing problems, carpentry, air handlers
Good management
Great co-workers
Having to work outside sometimes(winter)
Could always get help if needed.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
low pay
Program Specialist and OPS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 7, 2013
Training career encumbents in enhanced skills. Delivery of workforce development training in renewable energy, construction trades and safety.
While working for TCC, my position allowed me to connect with other adult students,as well as the importance of staying connected to complete anything
PEER LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of assisting professors, having daily meetings in regards to the " Pantry," which is for students who have financial problems, will have one less stress of having a meal to eat during hard times. We also have a community "garden," that we are trying to incorporate into the Pantry. I learned leadership skills and service learning, while expanding my education and knowledge.
Pros
working with fellow students and staying connected to my future goal.
Cons
healthcare and part-time
Internship at HR office
Information Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 23, 2012
Overall, my internship at the human resources dept was great. Staff were kind and friendly. Co-workers did not hesitate to help me, when they were not busy or had a time crunch. I was able to work independently and finish my work quickly and in peace. I shared an office with two other co-workers. Although we had 3 employees in one office, work days were rather quiet with small talk from time to time. I worked with minimal supervision from co-workers and my supervisor. I was able to finish assignments quickly and often I ended up with nothing to do, so I was often sent home. (I worked as an OPS).
Pros
great campus, close parking, relaxed environment, good place to grow
Working as a Secretary and Teacher Assistant.
Student Work (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
take,type and distribute minutes of meetings
implement and maintain office systems
maintain schedules and calendars
arrange and confirm appointments
organize internal and external events
handle incoming mail and other material
set up and maintain filing systems.

Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Tutor and assist students individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
Pros
working in the communication and humanities department
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2015
I was a Language Arts Instructor at the Gadsden Reentry Center. This was a male prison located in Gadsden County, Florida. Tallahassee Community College provided educational support to prison inmates who were preparing to be released into general society.
Has given me advance knowledge and experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  444 Appleyard Dr.February 5, 2014
Check mail and post to database
Scan documents for files
Work well with co-workers
There is no hard parts of my job
Cons
not enough hours no benefits
Not good.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Although TCC pays very well and the benefits are great there are problems in the Business Office that need to be resolved.
Productive and Insightful on how a community based program is structured.
Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  444 Appleyard DriveJuly 23, 2014
Working in the Take Stock in Children office,a typical day would begin with me arriving 8:00am and greeting my co-workers. I would begin working on any previous tasks that I have been assigned and presenting them to my manager. I would make sure that all files are up to date and that each student personal file is correctly positioned for easy access.
Great opportunities for adjunct professors!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 15, 2013
The Communications and Humanities Division at Tallahassee Community College offers a great chance for an aspiring professor to gain experience in the classroom. The student body is largely committed to doing good academic work, and any teacher who is willing to take the time to be personally invested in his or her students will find great reward in making a positive impact on these young minds.
wonderful work environment
clerical work-study (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2012
I worked there as a work-study. The professors were very supportive and I assited them with different tasks on a day to day basis. I also assisted students with any questions they had and delivering papers or assignments to the correct professor. I also handled opening and delivering incoming and outgoing mail.
Pros
great people, great hours
Cons
delivering mail to the mailroom in the rain.
Productive and Educational workplace that's like family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2012
I enjoyed this job from beginning to end. The staff was more like family instead of just co-workers. All with the same mentality and teamwork ethics. Dedicating ourselves to our students and their success. As well as helping them along with Graduating with their High School Diploma.
Pros
very uplifting spirits and smiles all day.
part-time job during the time of attending school. Work Study.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2013
answered phone calls & direct them to the proper extensions or person they needed to talk to. Opened mail daily & disturbuted them in teachers mailboxes. Walk around campus picking up & delivering documentations. There was no hard work about it.
Cons
very short break.
Assistant to dean
Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I worked with students and faculty. I helped students register for classes. I helped faculty with their paperwork that was required by the college.
Pros
working with students
Cons
dealing with the dean

4.4