Tallahassee Community College

Tallahassee Community College Employer Reviews

Productive and Educational workplace that's like family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2012
Pros: very uplifting spirits and smiles all day.
I enjoyed this job from beginning to end. The staff was more like family instead of just co-workers. All with the same mentality and teamwork ethics. Dedicating ourselves to our students and their success. As well as helping them along with Graduating with their High School Diploma.
fun and productive work place a great place to learn
Student (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 9, 2012
i learned alot from my professors and my class mates they showed me how to take resposibility for my actions learn to ask questions if you dont kno the answer it also showed me that if you work hard and strive for it your you can do or be anything you want to be
Very productive
Financial aid advisor (Former Employee), Tallahassee floridaAugust 1, 2012
Pros: consistent work flow
Cons: unorganized
As a workstudy student i was assigned little entertaining projects and learned alot of things reguarding the financial aid process.
Professor of Chemistry
Chemistry Instructor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2012
This is a great place to be employed with, they really care about the well-being of their employees. Everyone works well together as a team to bring about the best work environment for all.
wonderful work environment
clerical work-study (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2012
Pros: great people, great hours
Cons: delivering mail to the mailroom in the rain.
I worked there as a work-study. The professors were very supportive and I assited them with different tasks on a day to day basis. I also assisted students with any questions they had and delivering papers or assignments to the correct professor. I also handled opening and delivering incoming and outgoing mail.
Internship at HR office
Information Technician Intern (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 23, 2012
Pros: great campus, close parking, relaxed environment, good place to grow
Overall, my internship at the human resources dept was great. Staff were kind and friendly. Co-workers did not hesitate to help me, when they were not busy or had a time crunch. I was able to work independently and finish my work quickly and in peace. I shared an office with two other co-workers. Although we had 3 employees in one office, work days – more... were rather quiet with small talk from time to time. I worked with minimal supervision from co-workers and my supervisor. I was able to finish assignments quickly and often I ended up with nothing to do, so I was often sent home. (I worked as an OPS). – less
I need to help family with finances by finding employment
College Student (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 1, 2012
Pros: good benefits and bonus's
Cons: no holiday time
Most of my jobs were to work in inclement weather, holidays, and some weekends. I drove over the road in the Southeast with MBM for Chick-Fil-A restaurants. I was part of management with Barbers dairy which I supervised 12 employees. The hardest part of all the jobs were loading and unloading the trucks besides no touch freight. The most enjoyable times – more... I had working with driving jobs was the independence of being alone, being responsible, and as always drive with all the safety precautions because of the crazy drivers who do not need a driver's license. – less
Productive and fun workplace with very flexible hours
Information Technology / Intern (Current Employee), Tallahassee,FlaJune 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, nice people, good salary
Cons: job unstability
A typical day at work is productive and fun. There is a lot I have learned working here.
The management is great to get along with, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours, While most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone.

July 23, 2012

Nice.. I had an Internship like that; Mine was Information Technician and worked in Human Resources Dept. Your review sounds a lot like the internship I had at TCC.

Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 3, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: no premanment positions
A great place to work and grow within the company. People are very nice and easy to get along with each day. The manager is great to work for in the store.
A place where I learned to work well with others and gained plenty knowledge and experience
Record Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee,FLJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: flexible, office lunches and breakfast
Cons: misplaced paper work sometimes
On this job I sometimes helped students with their online application and other questions that they posed when if I was in that area. The environment was intense but it only motivated me to work faster to get the work done. I worked with individuals who had been employee of our department for many years. I was able to acquire much knowledge and got – more... to assist new employees. As a student at the time, the job provided me with information that facilitated my experience while in school. We had meetings every Friday afternoon to obtain the status of our improvements or faults that week. – less