Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Organizational Structure
RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 8, 2017
The hospital's concern on staffing and employee's satisfaction level are addressed separately by each unit and not as a whole organization; thus, the inefficiency in its resolution. Even the mere I and O and documentation of patient care rounds, each unit has various take in terms of the frequency of its documentation.
A unique experience where you can develope and grow in the healthcare setting
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2017
Tallahassee Memorial is a place where you can expand your horizons. An experience where you can utilize your interpersonal skills to provide care for the community within which you reside. Challenging at times, but beneficial in the end as you learn and grow into the person you strive to be. A great stepping stone to finding the career path that best suits you.
Pros
Opportunity to support and care for others.
Cons
Management could be more involved with caring for the needs of their employees.
Has a long way to go....
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2017
This hospital does not know how to keep there very talented and educated nurses. This is why currently half its staff are travelers. Gives money to recruit no Money for the long haul.
Pros
Always have hours
Cons
No incentive to stay
Nurses come last
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 10, 2017
I love my patients and my co workers; but this place is poorly managed. Nurses are at the bottom of the totum pole and treated and paid as such. We are expendable and it shows.
Fast Paced Work Office With Lots of Opportunity To Grove
Executive Assist. to the VP/CNO of Nursing Admin. (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32308July 11, 2017
There is no typical work day but a bulk of my work consists of calendaring appointments for a very busy executive. I also prepare several events, partake in various meeting as recorder, including meetings for the Board of Directors. Often I am recruited to assist other executives in projects anywhere from preparing a class for our residents to planning their graduation. I have learned to multi-task effectively in what could sometimes be described as "organized Chaos"; consequently, it can also be considered the hardest part of the job. The most pleasant part of the job is learning and participating in organization events and training. The culture is friendly, supportive and professional at all times.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Limited space
Good job if your in the medical field.
CSR Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 3, 2017
The job is very repetitive, and can be stressful if your a not a people person, or a team player. There are some employees that make the job great. Some days are smoother than others, and there are days where it can become over whelming. Depending on your status, (Flex, or Full Time) you may not get a chance to truly enjoy the perks of being an TMH employee. The pay is decent, but in my opinion,not enough for what is expected from you performance wise.
Pros
Ability to try apply for postions within hospital
Cons
If you are hired as a "Flex" position, you receive no benfits, or PTO.
Good benefits
Food Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2017
The typical work day depended on if the patient count was up or down. This job had good benefits and great time accrual per pay period. The hardest art of this job was being humble while being treated unequally. Management wasn't all that great, except a couple of supervisors. This job had its chaotic moments as well as its fun times. I learned that everyone is not players and you just have to do what you know you are supposed to do.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Not enough fair discipline
Low pay, plenty of opportunity for hours
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2017
Nurse manager on 4N is great, other management is difficult to communicate with. Easy to get hours, often feel over worked with the patient load. Pay is extremely low compared to other jobs in the field
I learned a lot here
Staff Nurse/Traveler-Mother/Baby (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 4, 2017
Busy mother baby unit. 50 beds. usually 2 to 4 couplets per shift. Working hard on establishing baby friendly certification. Babies on antibiotics are kept on mother baby unit.
Tmh
Emergency Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 18, 2017
They abuse the good techs and let the lazy techs sit around and do nothing. It is a hostile work environment with managers standing over your shoulder and not allowing EMTs to use their full scope of practice.
Patient Account Specialist (Bixler ER)
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 17, 2017
The job itself is easy but the pay isn't worth it. The entire Dept is in shambles starting from the manager on down. It's a lot of favoritism. No adequate training. There were some days I wasn't able to get a lunch break. I would never go back to this job at TMH.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, Underpaid, Favortism
Shady Environment
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 8, 2017
Turn over rate is extremely high
management is not organized
A typical work day is easy and uneventful but the managers would make you think otherwise
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2017
This was my first professional opportunity as a registered nurse. This was a great teaching hospital that invested in teaching new nurses how to become proficient.
Great enviornment
Advanced Hospital Rotation (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 22, 2017
This was a clinical rotation site for me; therefore, I was not paid. I enjoyed the experience and hope to some day be able to work for this facility. The educational experience I received was remarkable.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
N/a
Too much politics and favoritism
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2017
This job has a lot of politics going on and favoritism. Once you ain't part of them they treat you any kind of way and put workload on you of 4 people. The only positive experience I had working here is some of the coworkers. Its only in handful that would express their ICARE values. They enforce ICARE but you still get penalize expressing it to patients and putting patients first. I wouldnt recommend to nobody. If you aint friends with your Supervisor you crewed. When people warn you take heed because its proven to be true.
Pros
Coworkers, and Activites
Workplace
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 15, 2017
I Enjoyed My Time At Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare it was really a great experience. i have many friends and family employed at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare
Helpful coworkers and wonderful supervisors
Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 14, 2017
I finished my clinical rotations at TMH and it was such a wonderful experience. The other technologist actually took the time to teach me, answer my questions, and treat me like a fellow coworker. The Core Lab Supervisor took time out of his day to make sure everything was going well and checked on my progress routinely.
Great Place to Work
Electrocardiogram Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 12, 2017
Working in the hospital or a hospital setting is great. I work in a life changing job. I get to work with Doctor's and sit back and listen to how they break down what is going on but the most fun is seeing people smile through there pain.
an amazing with an outstanding integrity for people to work.
Patient Account Specialist / Tech (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 8, 2017
Throughout all those years I was working for them every day was like more fun doing my job because everyone always knowledgeable of what they were doing.
Positive work environment where colleagues are valued
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 27, 2017
I love being part of TMH! As a colleague, I am empowered to make changes to improve my environment for patients and visitors. I am also in a position to come up with new ideas to work "smarter" for the organization. The team I work with is exceptional - one of the best in my professional experience. Management is open to change and promoting from within. I wake up each day excited to come to work and to help our community.
Pros
Excellent colleagues, strong leadership, voice is heard
Cons
Some benefits need to be updated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9