Tallgrass Talent Group Employee Reviews in United States

"disorganized organization"
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
scheduling is mostly inconsistent with what was promised at date of hire.
No improvement after 2 years of loyal employment.
Pros
ac/clean working enviornment
Cons
poor mgmnt. communications
out of business
event specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond,VADecember 12, 2015
They were purchased by Advantage Sales and Marketing. And that company is the worst They do Sams club demos and when I worked for them I was hit on, welled at and called a liar. So needless to say when Tallgrass was purchased by them I did not go with them
Cons
They now are Advantage Sales and Marketing and they STINK
fun and exciting
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 27, 2015
If you like sales as I do, you would truly enjoy pitching the products and selling them. Great hours that are flexible. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
demonstrating different products
Cons
company no longer exists
Tallgrass
Event Facilitator/Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2015
This company is being taken over by another company, so any comments are pretty much invalid at this point. I have enjoyed working here, this is work I very much enjoy. Great coworkers, it tends to weed out people not suited for this job relatively fast, I've had 6+ years total doing demonstration work.
Pros
great coworkers and work environment
Cons
not competitive pay
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
Worked with a flexible schedule. My co-workers were friendly and easy to work with.A fun job to work with different people.
Pros
very easy work
Cons
short breaks
Great Job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2015
Great pay rate. They have a weekly pay scale. Short hours and great management. I have various information on wine and other alcohol products as to how they were prepared and the history it the product and its makers.
Pros
short hours
Cons
none.
Ok Place to Work if You Like Doing Demos
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJune 5, 2015
If you like doing demos this is probably one of the better demo companies to work for but they ALL have their share of problems and Tallgrass is no different. They want you to promote products you are unable to try for yourself. The pay for food demos is lower than a lot of other companies out there but the alcohol events pay higher IF you can get them. There is so much competition with this company that unless you're "grandfathered in" you will be lucky to get few invitations a month for jobs. It just depends how much you are needed. If they don't have a lot of jobs in your area and a lot demonstrators you won't get hardly any work so don't count on them to keep you busy.

They give you a credit card to use to buy products which is loaded the day of your demo but YOU have to call to load it between the hours of 12am-8am which is a pain sometimes if you go to bed at say 11pm and wake up around 8am or 9am. Even if your event is at 4pm you still have to make sure you get that card loaded by 8am. They know what events we have. I think THEY should have the cards loaded for us. That's how other companies do it.

Sometimes they will cancel jobs on you at the last minute, especially if it is an alcohol gig which is frustrating because we clear our schedules for them and then for them to cancel on us the day before an event hits us in our wallets. They harp on you to be available and don't cancel last minute but then they do it and it's no big deal.

They do give you a little money if you have online training for an event which is nice.

You get no break for 3 hr alcohol gigs
  more... and 15 minutes for 5 hour food gigs so there is a lot of time on your feet.

You have to wear a white button down shirt for food events. I wish we could wear black. Black looks so much more classier and easier to keep clean.

You have to have someone take a picture of you at your alcohol events which is such a pain to do! I understand taking a picture of the table but to have to track someone down so you can be in the picture also is such a nuisance.

When you arrive at a store they usually have no clue that you are doing a demo, even if you call them 2 days prior to remind them so sometimes you show up and there is NO product or hardly any product on the shelf and store management is usually no help. They'll just say, "Oh it's in the back" & expect you to go pull the product where that should be the store's responsibility!

Having to card someone at an alcohol event who obviously looks like they are 90 years old is annoying. Do you know how many times I have been cussed out because I card an obviously old person?
Pros
Good pay for Alcohol Gigs
Cons
Can't sample ANYTHING, low food demo pay, short break, you are responsible for loading credit card, having to take pictures of events, having to card old people for alcohol events
Fun workplace, Creates a professional Environment
Sales Professional - (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2015
I have learned to communicate with customers better. Company gives hints on more professionalism. Good company to learn about sales and marketing. Good start. They need to offer more raises
Pros
Independence
Cons
short Breaks, carrying to many packages
Engaging and Educating people about various products
Spirits Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Spirits Ambassador for spirits is very enjoyable and educational
as prior to demos you are to perform on-line training on the
various vodka, gin and wine that you will be demoing.
Knowing about the product makes it easier and enjoyable
to engage customers.
Pros
each demo is 3-4 hours perfect amount of time
Cons
pre-call to stores you are sometimes not given accurate amount of product in store
Good products
PRODUCT DEMONSTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2015
I get to demo products for customers so they can taste the food to see if they would like to purchase more. I have learned to great people and carry on a conversation with the customers as they eat samples that I put out. My supervisor is great and she always tries to get me jobs so I can stay busy.
Pros
hard work & keep busy
Cons
no cons
Great company to work for
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2015
Willing to work with a flexible schedule. Must have reliable transportation.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits offered. part time only
Very great company to work for.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working for Tallgrass. They worked well with my schedule at the time and I enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the people that I worked for. The only downside to the job was the lack of hours as well as the lack of a raise. A typical day would include first making sure that I was signed up for the right event and right location, arriving there on time (sometimes with a kit). I would then set up my event, and get right to selling. At the end of each day, we'd all break down our areas, clean up and leave the store allowing us to sell products just as we found it.
enjoy working with the public
Grocery Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
have enjoyed interacting with the public. I get to cook some samples. The hardest part of the job is you have to stand on your feet for six hours and set up your demonstrator table.
Pros
i get to choose when and where i want to work
Cons
you have to provide your own toaster oven, microwave, cooler.
merchandising work
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
a typical day at work is doing resets, audits, merchandising

what you learned is how to read a plan o gram

the hardest part of the job is trying to get the product to fit the shelf like it is suppose to with what they give you to work with
Pros
set your own hours most of the time
Cons
have to use your own vehichle for going to store to store
Wine and Spirits Promoter
Wine and Spirits Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2014
They always keep me busy! Jobs are always fun, people are great. They will send you all of the marketing information you may need for your your assignments. Assignments are short with great pay. 3-4 hour gigs. You also never have to pay out of pocket for your items, they give you a prepaid credit card.
I love working with them and for them!
Retail, sampling
Event Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Customer service, supervision, fun environment, sales, sampling, problem solving
Fun place to work, I enjoy meeting people.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMay 6, 2014
I worked on weekends only and the job is so easy to manage and understand. My co-workers are pleasant and friendly. I feel lively when I do a lot of sales on the product I am demonstrating.
Pros
free bottled water
Cons
short breaks
Awesome!!!!!
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, CTFebruary 24, 2014
Great way to earn some extra income, and they are so well organized with how they assign their assignments.
Pros
such a fun job, and a great way to earn extra income
Cons
must have a computer, and printer, and a little tech savvy
Good company to work for part time supplemental pay.
Event Specialist/Merchandiser - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2013
The assignments can vary from merchandising, food event sampling, secret shopping. Its a good part time position for anyone trying to make supplemental income; not intended for someone on a career path.
Pros
easy work and schedule, low stress, friendly environment.
Review: Tallgrass Talent Group, Inc.
Sales & Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 16, 2013
Tallgrass Talent Group is an exceptional avenue for employ. With many departments from which to choose, one is not limited to product demonstration or merchandising campaigns; although, these are my forte. You could become an event manager, an actor, or a chef in full array, if you qualify. Many options available. Stop on by and fill out an application today. Everybody has talent!
Pros
short hours, decent pay.
Cons
jobs may be few and far between, part-time, seasonal.

4.4