Tallgrass Talent Group Employee Reviews

Decent, but not much work.
Sales Professional/Food Demonstrations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46219December 27, 2017
The jobs were super easy, but rarely assigned. I picked up the job as a second job and it fit my life style, but I wouldn't recommend taking a job like this if it was all you worked.
no longer in business
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2017
They have been bought out as they are no longer a division of Sunflower . They were better than what took over and at least they had equal pay. Never any raises however.
Tallgrass
Talent Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
Good company and job early in marketing career. My direct manager was coo-coo, crazy, but the upper management was okay. Co-workers and employees were great people.
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Westboro, Ma and Worcester, MaJuly 27, 2017
The hire process was quick and easy. I enjoyed my job and the people came in contact with. Hours were great atmosphere was dynamic. Always some there to answer a question you had.
Pros
Have the opportunity to demonstrate different products
Cons
hours not guaranteed
great for a part time job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2017
this job worked out great for a weekend job or someone needing a little extra money. You can pick what days and when you want to work. not hard work at all just handing out samples and talking to people about the product they are sampling.
Pros
meet lots of wonderful people
Cons
have to stand on your feet the whole shift
was ok
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46219May 23, 2017
I was basically on my own. recieved my items to hand out in the mail, had to keep track of how many items handed out so that way i can fill out the paper work online,.
was never told where in store to set up. was very hard to clean up if no one told you where to get items to clean the messes.
Enjoyable work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2017
I set up food displays and various other items in retail stores. Interacted with customers asking them to sample products to give their input. I tallied up these for review for the companies.
Pros
Liked this interaction with people.
Cons
Would have liked more days per week at this position, but was only part time.
work from home with some restrictions
Talent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 17, 2017
you were required to be online saturday/sundays from 8am until at least noon. This was non-negotiable.

For the most part, compensation was reasonable for work put in.

Company was dissolved and sold to another company that I was not a part of
Events Facilitator and Sales Associate
Sales / BUEF Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46219March 17, 2017
A great way to make extra income. Fast, Friendly Fun way to introduce consumer products to shoppers. Great way to meet consumers and answer their questions on food products.
Pros
free product to take home
Cons
work on weekends only
Flexible hours
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2016
I learned about improved and new products. I enjoyed this position. Flexible hours, good for people looking for extra income.
Cons
Most of the products shipped at home
This was a very good job
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 25, 2016
This job was good for me to learn how to interact with the customers and learn how to talk to them about the products. The management was very kind and understanding which was very inportant to me.
Productive and learned a lot
Heathcare Industry (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2016
Worked in an office setting supporting a sales rep with healthcare enrollments. learned a lot when selecting a healthcare carrier and about employer group insurance options. I worked well with management and co-workers. The hardest part was watching the industry insurance changes began and not for the betterment of our country. the most enjoyable part were the people in the office
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Didn't take many breaks
"disorganized organization"
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
scheduling is mostly inconsistent with what was promised at date of hire.
No improvement after 2 years of loyal employment.
Pros
ac/clean working enviornment
Cons
poor mgmnt. communications
out of business
event specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond,VADecember 12, 2015
They were purchased by Advantage Sales and Marketing. And that company is the worst They do Sams club demos and when I worked for them I was hit on, welled at and called a liar. So needless to say when Tallgrass was purchased by them I did not go with them
Cons
They now are Advantage Sales and Marketing and they STINK
fun and exciting
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 27, 2015
If you like sales as I do, you would truly enjoy pitching the products and selling them. Great hours that are flexible. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
demonstrating different products
Cons
company no longer exists
Tallgrass
Event Facilitator/Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2015
This company is being taken over by another company, so any comments are pretty much invalid at this point. I have enjoyed working here, this is work I very much enjoy. Great coworkers, it tends to weed out people not suited for this job relatively fast, I've had 6+ years total doing demonstration work.
Pros
great coworkers and work environment
Cons
not competitive pay
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
Worked with a flexible schedule. My co-workers were friendly and easy to work with.A fun job to work with different people.
Pros
very easy work
Cons
short breaks
Great Job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2015
Great pay rate. They have a weekly pay scale. Short hours and great management. I have various information on wine and other alcohol products as to how they were prepared and the history it the product and its makers.
Pros
short hours
Cons
none.
Ok Place to Work if You Like Doing Demos
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJune 5, 2015
If you like doing demos this is probably one of the better demo companies to work for but they ALL have their share of problems and Tallgrass is no different. They want you to promote products you are unable to try for yourself. The pay for food demos is lower than a lot of other companies out there but the alcohol events pay higher IF you can get them. There is so much competition with this company that unless you're "grandfathered in" you will be lucky to get few invitations a month for jobs. It just depends how much you are needed. If they don't have a lot of jobs in your area and a lot demonstrators you won't get hardly any work so don't count on them to keep you busy.

They give you a credit card to use to buy products which is loaded the day of your demo but YOU have to call to load it between the hours of 12am-8am which is a pain sometimes if you go to bed at say 11pm and wake up around 8am or 9am. Even if your event is at 4pm you still have to make sure you get that card loaded by 8am. They know what events we have. I think THEY should have the cards loaded for us. That's how other companies do it.

Sometimes they will cancel jobs on you at the last minute, especially if it is an alcohol gig which is frustrating because we clear our schedules for them and then for them to cancel on us the day before an event hits us in our wallets. They harp on you to be available and don't cancel last minute but then they do it and it's no big deal.

They do give you a little money if you have online training for an event which is nice.

You get no break for 3 hr alcohol gigs
  more... and 15 minutes for 5 hour food gigs so there is a lot of time on your feet.

You have to wear a white button down shirt for food events. I wish we could wear black. Black looks so much more classier and easier to keep clean.

You have to have someone take a picture of you at your alcohol events which is such a pain to do! I understand taking a picture of the table but to have to track someone down so you can be in the picture also is such a nuisance.

When you arrive at a store they usually have no clue that you are doing a demo, even if you call them 2 days prior to remind them so sometimes you show up and there is NO product or hardly any product on the shelf and store management is usually no help. They'll just say, "Oh it's in the back" & expect you to go pull the product where that should be the store's responsibility!

Having to card someone at an alcohol event who obviously looks like they are 90 years old is annoying. Do you know how many times I have been cussed out because I card an obviously old person?
Pros
Good pay for Alcohol Gigs
Cons
Can't sample ANYTHING, low food demo pay, short break, you are responsible for loading credit card, having to take pictures of events, having to card old people for alcohol events
Fun workplace, Creates a professional Environment
Sales Professional - (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2015
I have learned to communicate with customers better. Company gives hints on more professionalism. Good company to learn about sales and marketing. Good start. They need to offer more raises
Pros
Independence
Cons
short Breaks, carrying to many packages