TALMER BANK AND TRUST Employee Reviews in United States

Rapidly growing and expanding company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI 48084February 4, 2016
Worked with Talmer Bank through 5 bank acquisitions and conversions. Always busy but very manageable. Allowed us to make decisions on our own and encouraged us to do so, as long as all parties affected were brought into the decision making process.
Pros
Wonderful people to work for
Cons
Sometimes very long days
Great company
Commercial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy MichiganSeptember 30, 2015
Talmer Bank is a newer bank Right now everything is in a fluid state. one of our biggest sellers is the remote deposit service I have already have a strong technical background, and this has enhanced my skill set. I have learned to webex into computers and be able to fix them on the spot. Our management team is very good. They are good at keeping their finger on the pulse of the industry. My co workers are excellent as well. One of the most challenging aspects of my job is the fluid state that we are in. it can make things very challenging. But we are doing a good job in adjusting. I enjoy interacting with my customers, co-workers and using my sill set to solve complex issues.
Pros
Young company
Cons
Limited room for growth
AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Great team mentality. The executive management really cares about the entire employee base at Talmer. The culture is unrivaled, and the atmosphere is very professional.
Truly Enjoy Working Here
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2015
Talmer Bank and Trust is a fast growing company. They care about their employees and are invested in developing talent. I work with a great team!
Good Place to Work
Credit Analyst, Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 27, 2015
Talmer is way better than working for a larger institution but a career in retail banking is the same anywhere. Salary is lacking and advancement requires applying for different positions in different departments then usually switching institutions.
Pros
Great environment, less red tape
Cons
Low salary
Fun and Flexible Work Environment
LOAN DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 16, 2014
Job duties included but were not limited to reviewing, processing and servicing the loan requests and files. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and external customers. Talmer is a rapidly growing bank that originated in MI and has chosen to leave the WI market.
Pros
flexibility and the employees
Fun and warm environment
Full Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 8, 2013
The day consists of giving customers the best banking experience they have ever had. Daily task include balancing and cash trancations with continued teamwork to help ensure that we meet our daily goals. Organization and staying focused are two key factors at Talmer. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my favorite customers.
Pros
great customers, great team
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Service Representative, CSR Float (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Assist customers in the daily deposit transactions, new accounts and any other banking, investment needs. Co-Worker are fun and interactive with the customers.
Great Atmosphere
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 8, 2015
Talmer is a GREAT company to work for, would recommend anyone to apply to this company. Only con would be some departments have unfortunate managers
possibility for growth with stable company
Construction Conversion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ravenna OhioJanuary 14, 2015
Heavy work load with the freedom to complete task with out being micromanaged. possibility of growth and promotion while still maintain a family friendly work environment
Great peers
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 7, 2014
Review conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, OHFA Bond loans, order necessary verifications, review asset, income documentation, review credit reports, appraisals, request tax transcripts from IRS through third party, run AUS, request additional necessary documentation from clients, submit to underwriting.
Business professional but there was always time for laughs.
Commercial Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 18, 2013
I loved working for Talmer Bank and Trust everyone was always very nice. We would have Wii contests so we could interact with other departments. There was always time for a good laugh to break up the seriousness of our day.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  st. clair miJanuary 21, 2014
assisted customers via telephone and in person
handled transactions
paper filing
placed orders for customers
manager was full of advice and encouragement
coworkers were always warm, inviting, and talkative
i really did not have a hard part of the job
only worked here for a short time
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 6, 2014
I have only worked for the company a short time. I started at First Place Bank and we were taken over by Talmer.
Great place to work, very professional, nice atmosphere
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 21, 2012
Preparing Loan Documents. Work well with others, great team member. Willing to learn.

TALMER BANK AND TRUST Reviews by Location