TALMER BANK AND TRUST Employee Reviews

Great place and close to home base
Trust Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I worked 8-5, never worked weekends, and was less than 10 minutes from home. Co-workers were like family, however management was strictly business.
Pros
Close to home, flexible for appointments
Fun and productive.
Personal Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Both staff and manager were great to work with. Hours were amazing and it was always a fun day at work. The customers were nice and friendly as well. Great place to work.
Fun work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Genoa City, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I loved the employees that I worked with. This was a small town and it was wonderful that you could get to know the customers on a one on one basis.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Hard to advance
Like doing the work that I did, like all of my co-workers, positive outlookl
Senior Loan Servicing Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 13, 2016
Just a great place to work and will miss all of the great friends that I have made over the years of working there. Everyone was like family there.
This was a knowledge, fun and productive work environment
Customer Service for employees (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 13, 2016
My department can be stressful and high pressure at times, but everyone always works together to get the job done. Management understands the pressure and helps in all ways possible to relieve it when they can. I have met some amazing people in this building I work it and have learned a lot from the other departments in my area.
Enjoy learning new process outside of my past experience with ATT
Loan Serving Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 11, 2016
Loan Service Department can be a very fast paced day. Looked forward to the multiple tasking environment.

I learned a lot in my time with the loan serving coworkers who provided me with a lot of knowledge in my time working for them.
Pros
awesome group of people, lunch was bought at month end which was nice
wasnt what i was looking for
Licensed Sales Assistant - Regional (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 5, 2016
it had low customer traffic. probably fits others personalities, just wasn't the job for me. great co workers.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 7, 2016
Great place to work. Currently n culture but is working on building one. Management from acquired banks do not seem to care much about the company. But if you grow within they do treat you right.
Rapidly growing and expanding company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI 48084February 4, 2016
Worked with Talmer Bank through 5 bank acquisitions and conversions. Always busy but very manageable. Allowed us to make decisions on our own and encouraged us to do so, as long as all parties affected were brought into the decision making process.
Pros
Wonderful people to work for
Cons
Sometimes very long days
AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Great team mentality. The executive management really cares about the entire employee base at Talmer. The culture is unrivaled, and the atmosphere is very professional.
Truly Enjoy Working Here
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2015
Talmer Bank and Trust is a fast growing company. They care about their employees and are invested in developing talent. I work with a great team!
Great company
Commercial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy MichiganSeptember 30, 2015
Talmer Bank is a newer bank Right now everything is in a fluid state. one of our biggest sellers is the remote deposit service I have already have a strong technical background, and this has enhanced my skill set. I have learned to webex into computers and be able to fix them on the spot. Our management team is very good. They are good at keeping their finger on the pulse of the industry. My co workers are excellent as well. One of the most challenging aspects of my job is the fluid state that we are in. it can make things very challenging. But we are doing a good job in adjusting. I enjoy interacting with my customers, co-workers and using my sill set to solve complex issues.
Pros
Young company
Cons
Limited room for growth
Good Place to Work
Credit Analyst, Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 27, 2015
Talmer is way better than working for a larger institution but a career in retail banking is the same anywhere. Salary is lacking and advancement requires applying for different positions in different departments then usually switching institutions.
Pros
Great environment, less red tape
Cons
Low salary
Great Atmosphere
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 8, 2015
Talmer is a GREAT company to work for, would recommend anyone to apply to this company. Only con would be some departments have unfortunate managers
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Service Representative, CSR Float (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Assist customers in the daily deposit transactions, new accounts and any other banking, investment needs. Co-Worker are fun and interactive with the customers.
possibility for growth with stable company
Construction Conversion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ravenna OhioJanuary 14, 2015
Heavy work load with the freedom to complete task with out being micromanaged. possibility of growth and promotion while still maintain a family friendly work environment
Fun and Flexible Work Environment
LOAN DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 16, 2014
Job duties included but were not limited to reviewing, processing and servicing the loan requests and files. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and external customers. Talmer is a rapidly growing bank that originated in MI and has chosen to leave the WI market.
Pros
Flexibility and the Employees
Great peers
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 7, 2014
Review conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, OHFA Bond loans, order necessary verifications, review asset, income documentation, review credit reports, appraisals, request tax transcripts from IRS through third party, run AUS, request additional necessary documentation from clients, submit to underwriting.
only worked here for a short time
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 6, 2014
I have only worked for the company a short time. I started at First Place Bank and we were taken over by Talmer.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  st. clair miJanuary 21, 2014
assisted customers via telephone and in person
handled transactions
paper filing
placed orders for customers
manager was full of advice and encouragement
coworkers were always warm, inviting, and talkative
i really did not have a hard part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TALMER BANK AND TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

TALMER BANK AND TRUST Reviews by Location