TAMKO Employee Reviews

Challenging opportunities with ample opportunity to grow and advance.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 9, 2016
TAMKO is a strong opportunity for smart, talented technicians and leaders offering competitive wages and benefits and a culture that engages employees at all levels in continuous process improvement in its urgent pursuit of perfection.
Pros
Excellent Leadership, Outstanding Culture, Strong Advancement opportunities
High street
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 29, 2016
Expect not to have a life. Hard work. Work hard and don't stand around for a while. They expect a lot. Rotating shifts are normal. Don't get on the bad side with any of the guys that are "hired on". Most of the time you'll be busy, so no worries. 12 hour shifts most of the time.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and advancement opportunity
Cons
Division between lines. Not excepting to new comers ( temporay workers). Not noticed as a temp
Good working environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, KSJanuary 16, 2017
Good working environment, helpful co-workers, good hours and competitive pay. Good health insurance, paid time off. Availability of cross training in different departments.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Jealousy among office employees
Wonderful place to work...very high salary compared to other places and a rotating work shift , which allowed lots of time with family
Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 19, 2016
Great place to work...different challenges daily. Worked 12 hour shift with 3 breaks during day. Had 3 production lines...2 would be producing product while we performed preventive maintenance on the line that was "down". During my 9 years there it was an ongoing learning experience....combining my job in maintenance and how it affected and could improve the production process.We worked in four man maintenance crews..I enjoyed the working with my crew..working together and troubleshooting maintenance issues was one of the best parts of the job. Probably the worse part of the job was the production process and product being manufactured resulted in a very dirty work environment...and working on machine sometimes required laying in water and mud....constant dust in the air.
Pros
Salary, rotating work schedule, scheduled for 16 days each month 15 off days, fixed so once each month you had 7 consecutive days off
Cons
Very dirty work environment, lots of machinery with the potential for injury..very physically taxing at times
Horrible company crooked management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2016
If you're not in the suck up group better watch your back only way to advance is suck management! Mgt is corrupt can't say it enough! No matter how much overtime you work it's not appreciated!
Pros
Pay
Cons
No family life
There are better places
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2015
Owned and run by one family. The owner makes all the final decisions at multiple locations around the country. They have some rigid concepts about who they want to hire and how fast they should progress. Owner is a lawyer so, many decisions are risk based. Most Leadership at plant levels change very frequently.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Frequent changes and lack of control by local leadership
Great company to work for
Automation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 16, 2016
TAMKO is always in continuous improvement mode trying new management strategies and changing how they do things. If you want to experience the program of the month...this is the place.
Great place to work, lots of room for advancement
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 7, 2016
Great staff to work with, great pay,but tough working conditions.This company knows the rules and abides by them, discrimination is not allowed.
long hours, fluctuating schedule no room for home life.
Industrial Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
The work schedule is very demanding. There are no set guidelines. The health conditions at this plant would not be good for me in the long run. I breathe in fiberglass daily and I'm not sure what else.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
health, job security, advancement
It pays good, but they only care about shingles
MAINTENANCE/ PLANT ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
great pay and benefits, GREAT PEOPLE ON LINES AND MAINTENANCE,BUT MANAGEMENT IS REVOLVING DOOR
MORAL IS HORRIBLE everybody's worried about getting fired from management,
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
cant trust anybody, nobody cares about you
I consider Tamko Building Product an excellent workplace.
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 24, 2013
On a daily basis at Tamko Building Products, I provided customer assistance on the telephone or via email or fax including placing orders, dealing with job site loads and determining inventory availability. I had daily communication with other departments regarding various areas of the order process. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team. The job was fast paced and required being able to multi-task. I most enjoyed the daily interaction with our customers. Through daily order placement, I became very familiar with the computer system SAP.
Pros
Excellent benefits, professional work environment
Cons
They took care of there Employees with great Benefits.
Forklift / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 2, 2014
I really liked Tamko as a company and Employer. I worked with great people to make our shift work as a Team. I learned how to manage a crew and lead by example.
Pros
Benefits and paid lunches
Cons
Swing Shifts
Close knit work environment
Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 22, 2012
Great place to work with opportunities to advance. Good compensation in an environment of intelligent executive management
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2014
TAMKO is a great company with great benefits and an amazing management team. I would recommend this employer to my closest friends.
Great Job
Purchasing Agent/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Overall great company with good benefits.
Poor line leaders in Joplin Mo
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 28, 2016
Worst job I ever worked at! They hire ###kissers to take mgmt jobs than dont know from stop to go! Beware of working here!!!!!
They dont care about family at all, married to your job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Line leaders must be from Florida
Average Sales Experience with lower pay
Contractor Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 16, 2013
* Typical Day includes calling on Clients to set meetings and or sales calls.
*I learned how to manage both time and territory
*management and coworkers were not bad to work with/for
*Hardest part of the job is learning to deal with long sales routines and rejection which is part of any sales job
*Lots of interesting people to meet everyday
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance, low pay for the type of work, other companies pay 6 figure commissions
Good place to work they really care about people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lamar, MOAugust 27, 2013
A day at tamko starts by checking the specs on all your product if specs are not in the normal range we can't sell it. Check temps on the extruder make sure there are no leaks anywhere. I learned how compresion molding machines work inside and out. I think our management needed to learn how to manage the slow and fast days use overtime sparingly. The co-workers were very knowledgeable when asked question about the machines. I think the hardest part of working at Tamko was cleaning out a barrel (extruder) because it was 300 plus degrees. Best part at Tamko was the bonus points we got for doing safety and observation we got points we could use for catalog purchases.
Pros
Good pay, good people and good cookouts
Cons
Short breaks, hot temps
far from professionals
process production trainee (fork lift driver) (Former Employee) –  joplin MoApril 28, 2014
I was put through hoop after hoop to get hired on and I started for orientaion and spent 6 hours there and when it was time to take a fork lift test I didnt even get a chance they walked me out the door without any reason. The manager said I quote "yeah its not working" and walked me out the door. Gave an employer 2 weeks notice for that. If Tamko ever is an opportunity again I will not make the same mistake twice.

If you value a stable work enviorment this is not a place for you this place is a joke
Pros
the pay was nearly 30 dollars an hour
Cons
unprofessional management
Tm
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 3, 2015
The company pays well. They do not train the rep, they give you a laptop and throw you into the market. Sink or swim, no help.
Pros
Comp
Cons
Too much work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAMKO. Our community is ready to answer.