TAMKO Employee Reviews

Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa AlabamaMarch 31, 2017
I started there through a temp service never thought it would turn out to be the life changing experience, I was truly blessed to work with some of the greatest group of guys I've ever known. It's a very welcomed environment with lots of good work ethics and strong leadership.
This is a great paying job
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 16, 2017
pays really well, just not worth the stress. Things break down constantly, the yelling, anger and long hours really mess with you mentally. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the 20+ year employees satisfied with your work ethic which is never done.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
High Stress

Comment – March 17, 2017

The people on your crew make the Company as a whole good or bad. I got the best crew ever.

was able to cut up and still get the job done with no repercussions
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2017
I liked knowing that everyday was going to progress the same as the day before. Always training in progress, all the staff was very helpful.
being allowed to cut up, have food days and still get our job done.
Pros
All Benefits were great, Gave Awards for Service Years
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 27, 2017
I would operate the Forklift on a daily basis to achieve my scheduled work deadlines. I am very knowledgeable of the many mechanical features (boom/scoop, swivel hook, lift beam, grapple, clamps, elevating platform, and trailer hitch) of the Forklift and operate it at all times in a safe manner. I also maintain/inspect the Forklift regularly to keep it in good working condition.
Good working environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, KSJanuary 16, 2017
Good working environment, helpful co-workers, good hours and competitive pay. Good health insurance, paid time off. Availability of cross training in different departments.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Jealousy among office employees
Challenging opportunities with ample opportunity to grow and advance.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 9, 2016
TAMKO is a strong opportunity for smart, talented technicians and leaders offering competitive wages and benefits and a culture that engages employees at all levels in continuous process improvement in its urgent pursuit of perfection.
Pros
Excellent Leadership, Outstanding Culture, Strong Advancement opportunities
Great place to work, lots of room for advancement
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 7, 2016
Great staff to work with, great pay,but tough working conditions.This company knows the rules and abides by them, discrimination is not allowed.
Horrible company crooked management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2016
If you're not in the suck up group better watch your back only way to advance is suck management! Mgt is corrupt can't say it enough! No matter how much overtime you work it's not appreciated!
Pros
Pay
Cons
No family life
Great company to work for
Automation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 16, 2016
TAMKO is always in continuous improvement mode trying new management strategies and changing how they do things. If you want to experience the program of the month...this is the place.
High street
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 29, 2016
Expect not to have a life. Hard work. Work hard and don't stand around for a while. They expect a lot. Rotating shifts are normal. Don't get on the bad side with any of the guys that are "hired on". Most of the time you'll be busy, so no worries. 12 hour shifts most of the time.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and advancement opportunity
Cons
Division between lines. Not excepting to new comers ( temporay workers). Not noticed as a temp
Wonderful place to work...very high salary compared to other places and a rotating work shift , which allowed lots of time with family
Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 19, 2016
Great place to work...different challenges daily. Worked 12 hour shift with 3 breaks during day. Had 3 production lines...2 would be producing product while we performed preventive maintenance on the line that was "down". During my 9 years there it was an ongoing learning experience....combining my job in maintenance and how it affected and could improve the production process.We worked in four man maintenance crews..I enjoyed the working with my crew..working together and troubleshooting maintenance issues was one of the best parts of the job. Probably the worse part of the job was the production process and product being manufactured resulted in a very dirty work environment...and working on machine sometimes required laying in water and mud....constant dust in the air.
Pros
Salary, rotating work schedule, scheduled for 16 days each month 15 off days, fixed so once each month you had 7 consecutive days off
Cons
Very dirty work environment, lots of machinery with the potential for injury..very physically taxing at times
Poor line leaders in Joplin Mo
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 28, 2016
Worst job I ever worked at! They hire ###kissers to take mgmt jobs than dont know from stop to go! Beware of working here!!!!!
They dont care about family at all, married to your job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Line leaders must be from Florida
Tm
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 3, 2015
The company pays well. They do not train the rep, they give you a laptop and throw you into the market. Sink or swim, no help.
Pros
Comp
Cons
Too much work.
There are better places
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2015
Owned and run by one family. The owner makes all the final decisions at multiple locations around the country. They have some rigid concepts about who they want to hire and how fast they should progress. Owner is a lawyer so, many decisions are risk based. Most Leadership at plant levels change very frequently.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Frequent changes and lack of control by local leadership
Maint. Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ennis,TxAugust 25, 2015
Tamko is a fair employer. Management is involved in all aspects of jobs on line. Everybody in plant is a team member and not an I person. Great to be employeed here.
long hours, fluctuating schedule no room for home life.
Industrial Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
The work schedule is very demanding. There are no set guidelines. The health conditions at this plant would not be good for me in the long run. I breathe in fiberglass daily and I'm not sure what else.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
health, job security, advancement
Pretty good place to work
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 16, 2015
Great pay, and pretty good people to work with. It's really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. Safety is the number one goal all of the time.
It pays good, but they only care about shingles
MAINTENANCE/ PLANT ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
great pay and benefits, GREAT PEOPLE ON LINES AND MAINTENANCE,BUT MANAGEMENT IS REVOLVING DOOR
MORAL IS HORRIBLE everybody's worried about getting fired from management,
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
cant trust anybody, nobody cares about you
Never.HOME.
Packaging Technician-A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2015
Loved the work, training was horrible. Co-workers really don't want to to help train. Schedule is rough 4-12hr shifts two days off then 4-12hr nights, so not much of a home life.
Cons
Schedule and time away from home
real strict place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2015
it was ok the other employes made it fun to work.we talked about ever thing.but theres no smoking on site.and we get free lunch on
holidays
Cons
we got three breaks a day pluse30 min lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAMKO. Our community is ready to answer.