Tampa Armatures Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun plce to work
Purchasing / Inside Sales/ Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
If you like motors and pumps this is the place to work. This job is a challenge due to the ever changing government efficiency laws. Finding drop in replacement pumps is difficult at times.
Pros
fun job
Cons
long drive
Wow.
Journeyman Heavy Industrial Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2017
Couldn't find their backside with both hands and a flashlight. An absolute management circus, with revolving finger pointing to stay ahead of the blame game.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Everything else
Employee Beware
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 18, 2016
Very poor work environment. The employees are treated poorly. A Micro Management culture. The office staff and production personnel are good people subject to a bad environment.
Pros
Office staff and Production personnel are good people.
Cons
Overworked, treated poorly, and under paid.
Field Power Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 3, 2014
Learned new trades on the job.Busy work schedule. Great time management skills a must.
Nice individuals that worked there.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 4, 2014
I was a temp and came to fill in for a month, I was not there very long, at least not long enough to give a proper fair review about this company.

I did normal administrative work: answering and directing calls, send mail inter and outer office mail, kept inventory for the office and filled supplies when needed. Made flowcharts,spreadsheets, and filed.
Pros
Extremely friendly and nice employees
Cons
None to speak of was not with the company long.
growing company
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2013
Great place to work for and very nice people to work with,Plenty of room to grow with company.im sad i had to leave.
Pros
basically your own boss all day
Cons
cant think of any
Utility Stripout
Utility Strip Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 17, 2012
To sandblast and steam cleaning stators operted 2 burnout ovens also picked up and delivered motors in stirpped all copper form stators for rewiring
Pros
i learned to sandblast
Cons
pay
Lacks Structure
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 10, 2012
I enjoy structure and professionalism in the work place. My job becomes more cumbersome when I have to look after others to do their job so I can perform my job. Tampa Armature Works is a great company to work for, however the lack of structure concerns me. I want to expand my horizons beyond the scopes I am given as an Engineer. The lack of structure does not allow any one job to be carefully planned and executed. It's a "fly by the seat of the pants" mentality. I do enjoy the challenges, but not the way I have to "bang" out a results when results matter the most not to mention my reputation. The amount of work I produce is not within fair compensation limits either. I look to becoming the best at what I do and given the time to do so. It's not just the bottom line to me; It's my career.
Pros
challenging
Cons
lack of structure
Large & well equipped facility with very professional personnel.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2012
Outside sales representative and account manager for accounts such as Celebrity Cruise lines, Inter-Orient Ship Management, Miami-Dade Aviation Department, and The Miami Herald
Developed and implemented sales programs for existing accounts and for the development of new ones
Sold our new product lines, service & repairs and yearly maintenance contracts