Tampa Bay Rays

Tampa Bay Rays United States Employee Reviews

baseball
Spring Training Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 2, 2015
working in sports is fun but you need to be prepared to work and earn your keep.
Overall Great Place
Stadium Operations Intern (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FLDecember 22, 2014
The Rays give employees everything they need to succeed and maintain a great work/life balance.
Progressive and innovative workplace.
Scouting Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2014
You can't ask for a better work environment. The organization is fully vested in your development and there is always support when needed. We work individually within our territories, but we have a strong team bond. There are countless perks and they allow us to put our family first. I have enjoyed every minute of my tenure with the Rays.
Great place to work, great people and great management
Minor League Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLOctober 13, 2014
friendly work place with room to grow. love going to work every day, fun place to work
Great place to work, great people and great management
Young and Fun Workplace
Stadium Operations Intern (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2014
I looked forward to coming into work everyday. The workplace was young with most co-workers in their mid-twenties. Everyone is willing to pitch in and get the job the right way.
Positive
Professional Baseball Scout (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, Fl. is company location.June 10, 2014
Pros: expenses and travel/lodging alowances
Cons: travel-one year contracts
Baseball scout- 12 month contract. work from mid-February thru October.
Fun work place with great experiences
Seasonal Group Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: nice people, great management
Cons: sales simply is not for me
A typical work day went from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday thru Friday as well as working many of the home baseball games. My main focus was to sell suite, party area, and group tickets to individuals and companies.

I learned that work can be fun if put around the right people. Also, hard work not only pays off, but is also appreciated.

My managers were really great and helped the 7 of us seasonal workers learn a lot about the industry. We would have weekly meetings on how to improve and also for them to ask any questions we had about upcoming events or how to answer certain questions on the phone.

I had some great coworkers, both seasonal and full time. We all got to know each other pretty well and I made friends with a good handful of them. I still keep in touch with some of them today.

The hardest part of my job was focusing on myself. I would be focused on what other people were doing around me that I would lose focus at times. That is something I feel I have avoided more at my current job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere. I really enjoyed the people and the work enviornment.
Fun workplace with new experiences each day.
Role Player (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 11, 2014
I ran the game day kiosks at the Rays games. There was always a new experience each time I went to work. The fans that I met were always happy and made the day go by fast. Management was always friendly and a pleasure to work for. The hardest part of the job was during the game because the kiosks were slow, but the atmosphere was still enjoyable.
Stadium Operations, BEST place I have worked.
Stadium Operations Intern (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Contributed with event planning for regular season games, post game concerts, and shows. Managed part time members of the Rays' game day staff. Administrative duties. My managers here were two of the best people I know and they were GREAT leaders and mentors who I keep in contact with to this day.
A great organization to play and work for
Professional Baseball Player (Catcher) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2013
This organization was great to play for because they are going to do their best to help you progress as a player and a person. I thoroughly enjoyed my job playing professional baseball for this organization.
Lets go Rays
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 18, 2012
Pros: great opertunity
Cons: seasonal employment
· Managed team of 40 Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new program.
· I monitored and created signature items with the Rays.
· I oversaw to Make sure the staff was given the right leader ship from there supervisor to make sure that my items were made at a consistent and timely effort so all are guest at the stadium were treated with as much care as if they were at home watching the game.
· I introduced and launched the Rays first “Sting Em dog”.

As far as other Management Operation I initiated Inventory once a week in reason to order my product for that home stand feeding 28,000 people was a great opportunity for my self.
work with much accountability
Instructor de Receptores (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, Rep. DominicanaAugust 2, 2012
this job required a lot of concentration and responsibility with the main task of teaching sport.
Great office
Main office Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2012
very organized and well run! Much room for growth and fair to all employees!
Entry Level Sports Position
Account Executive (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 8, 2012
Working in sports you have to know what you're getting into, long hours and little pay. Everything else about the Rays organization was great!