Tampa Bay Times Employee Reviews in United States

Current delivery person riverview fl.
Newspaper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 19, 2016
The route I have pay is good in winter but not summer,carriers are great to work with management sucks ,but field assistant are great.
Pros
Free newspaper free time during day
Cons
Hard on vehicle management in this office needs replaced
Delivery person
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 14, 2016
Prep and deliver daily newspapers according to the weather to assigned homes. Maintain daily paper work and delivery on daily basis
It was a fast pace place and it always keep you on your toes.
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 29, 2016
I would go to bed at 5pm and get up at 12am. My day would start with getting to work and waiting for the truck with the newspapers, we would get the amount you needed. You would have to fold them and put in bags, stack them up in your car and head out to deliver them. I learned to work very fast and get there early to be first in line. Management would only talk to you if there was a problem with your route. Co workers where fun and very helpful. The hardest part of my job is getting the routine to go to bed at 5pm and getting up at 12am. The most enjoyable part is I had the whole day to do what I wanted.
Pros
You got done early to where you had the day to yourself.
Cons
have to work very early mornings
Its a Job....nothing more
PostPress Staffer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 24, 2016
Only partime.... Average 17 hours. This company will used you. Nuff said. Upper management sucks...good coworkers. I learn about jogging news paper
Pros
You will have some gas money for the week....free tbt
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours. 8.05
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy my co-workers, the job itself is very flexible. I would say the best thing and hardest thing would have been learned account management. I enjoy my job.
Pros
Environment
Cons
No benefits
No inter office communication
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Poor Compensation there was many pay cuts and and layoffs. Upper Management not hands nor are they aware of how mid management operates.
Pros
Good Job Life Balance
Cons
Many
Operations Management / Leadership (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 13, 2016
The Times is still one of the best Newspapers around. Especially when it comes to local reporting. Unfortunately, all newspapers are suffering from a decline in print revenue.
Good place to work for self employment
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLNovember 27, 2015
Day starts really early delivering newspapers. People are good to work with until leaving to deliver routes. Managers are good to work with.
Pros
Free newspapers
Cons
Lots of wear and tear on the car
A lot of hard work
Lead Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 7, 2015
• Managed a crew of 6, managed work flow for contractors, made schedules for the crew weekly, nightly paperwork, open and closed warehouse each night, consulted with upper management when possible issues, covered open routes to ensure product was on time to the right customers
Pros
3rd shift
Cons
very demanding
Fun Workplace
Contractor/Distributor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Fun atmosphere, great people who were always willing to help.
I loved going to work they were like a second family. Small office so everyone knew each other it was pretty cool.

Want to know more about Tampa Bay Times?

Ask a question
Great Job
Independent Contractor, Delivery (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLAugust 26, 2015
I currently deliver for the Tampa Bay Times daily from 2am -6am daily and really enjoy the hours and freedom to be my own boss. It also leaves my days open. I am looking forward to filling that void with a wonderful and learning work environment!
Pros
great hours
Cons
hard on my car
Great Place, a little stuck in the past
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2015
Great company that is a little behind technologically. Had a great time there and would go back if they would have me. Hoping to return there, never should have left.
Great company, shaky management at times
Account Executive Employment (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 9, 2015
it's wonderful to know that your efforts provide the Times ability to be such a wonderful newspaper helping Florida. However, the lack of an overall plan in management in the revenue departments, and some very badly planned launches of technology make it hard to be succesful at times. For a communication company, sometimes there is a very little of it. And the constantly shrinking paychecks due to cutbacks impact morale. I saw my base pay shrink by 25% with no warning, in one afternoon due to cuts. Similarly layoffs hit with no warning. The company is full of great honest people who do want to make a difference, but the need to change with the the nature of business is hitting the older managers hard.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment, flexible with personal life
Cons
lack of planning by management, bad technology launches, pay cuts and layoffs
Newspaper Delivery
Delivery Contractor (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 14, 2015
A typical would day would start around 11:30pm waiting for the distribution ctr. to open its doors to the delivery contractors. you then get a cart or two and wait in line again until the truck comes with all of the papers from the printer. once your papers are received you go to your assigned table to stage and bag your papers for delivery. You then have to load the staged papers into your vehicle for delivery and drive to your delivery location. A typical day would end between 4 and 7:30am depending on many variables including when the truck arrived, rain, having to double bag for the rain or fog.
Pros
work for yourself by yourself with little to no guidance
Cons
poor pay, wear and tear on your vehicle, consolidation of contracts squeezes out contracted delivery drivers, convicted felons are given routes into gated communities with access codes
Good work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 22, 2015
A typical work day at the Tampa Bay Times is getting over 500 complaint calls about a missing newspaper. You have to deal with several angry people on a daily. This job is good for you if you know how to keep your temper controlled and don't let words get to you.
Dying industry cutting back employees and increasing work
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgFebruary 13, 2015
Do NOT waste your time. Similar job posting, obviously for Times, under another heading on indeed says $10.24/hour to $14+ an hour. A joke. Started at $10.24 and no increase in over two years. No performance review. Cutting employees and increasing workloads. Management talks a good game, but does little to help out.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no! raises or performance reviews in over two years. management makes things up as they go, no equality in assigning tasks.
Busy atmosphere, high stress to deliver papers on time
Independent Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Largo and Clearwater Beach FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pick up mail, straighten inserts, get bags, pick up mains and insert all advertisements. Count, fold and bag papers. Load car and deliver by time set by management. Any problems, call field manager. Do this 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Pros
you are your own boss, and have days free.
Cons
you have to sleep during the day, and get up at 1:00 am to do papers.
Life is always good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Times in beautiful downtown St. Petersburg Florida. You are treated as the professional that you are meaning, you are given a project / job to do, and you are expected to get it done.
much enjoyable job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2015
working overnight gave me the ability to do my personal things during the day
no life