Tampa Electric Employee Reviews

Pays well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2016
They pay well for you handling customers. The customer is the hardest thing to deal with since they are not understanding. The do enforce mandatory overtime a lot and sometimes don't consider your person life. And they do have good benefits. But there is lack of communication and favoritism.
Call center environment
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ybor City, FLApril 28, 2016
Typical call center environment. Incoming calls. very little downtime between customer. Great benefits packages.Lots of learning opportunities.
Internet Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 16, 2016
Room to advance in the company with excellent pay. Flexible hours when needed. Able to work independently with little supervision
Pros
Yearly Bonce
Cons
Salary cap at 100%
Customer service within the call center (Current Employee) –  Tampa FL,August 28, 2015
A great place to work. Management very supportive and helpful. Lots of opportunity for growth. Decent amount of politics but such can be expected in a corporate environment.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
limited customer interactions
na
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2015
A typical day would be logging in at 7:30 to take calls and help customers who need electric service.
Management was great and loved working with my co-workers
Excellent work environment
Customer Care/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Great employees always helpful and encouraging
Management easy to communicate with and always available
Learned a great deal in billing
Low rating
Development and Sales (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Not much to say good about my experience at TECO. It was a very laid back atmosphere with not much going on. They didn't provide much vision on what the goals were and what direction the company was moving in. It was very hard to align personal goals with this.
Like working for the "Good Ole Boy Network.
Senior Lead Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TampaJuly 29, 2014
Typical day in the call center was very stressful. Not because of the customers but lack of good management. They were never there and did not know the business. I have learned to never use the open door policy again because you will get fired. The hardest part of the job was watching the leads try to give a call to a supervisor. They just did not want to take them and at times sneaked out and request a rep on the floor call the customer back. Most enjoyable thing for me was all the people that are not in management. (WORST MANAGEMENT TEAM I HAVE WORKED FOR IN 30 YEARS OF WORKING !!!!) They were all so nice and hard working. It was a great 15 of the 18 1/2 years of service there because of that. I would work there though just not in customer service.
Pros
Decent paying jobs and stable company.
Cons
Nepotism (the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.)
Trust No One!!!
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2014
After working for this company for 23 years someone or some supervisor decided he didn't like me and terminated me. All my annual evaluations indicated that I was a great employee but those evaluations were alter by someone in management.
This company has done a lot of bad things to a lot of good employee and it seems to be normal practice through out the company.
Pros
you can make a good living there.
Cons
dont step on any toes, or you'll be out the door.
Internal customers and co-workers are great
Sr Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  tampa flMarch 25, 2014
Support from internal customers and co-workers are great.

Want to know more about Tampa Electric?

Ask a question
Great Work Place
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  1898 Nick Nuccio Ave.March 12, 2014
Very nice company to work for. At the time however, the hours were conflicting with my childrens' school schedule.. Other than that, I loved working there and have nothing but good things to say.
Teco
Trouble Coordinator/Technical Cust Svc Asso. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2013
In my opinion Teco lets nepotism rule if your parent has power in the company than you are safe from all, (even if you are unable to perform your function you have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately there are some people who are doing there jobs fairly. this was not the case that i dealt with.
Pros
some of the people are fair and able to keep employees happy
Cons
nepotism ruins the people who do there jobs well, attitudes.
Enjoyed the co-op experience
Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2013
I really liked working there for the three semesters. I learned a lot about working as a civil engineer, and wouldn't take any of it back. One reason I liked working there was that I was out in the field a lot. A good amount of the work involved steel grating platforms to reach elevated equipment. The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate project details between the lead civil engineer and a operations manager, because the manager wanted one thing and the engineer wanted to do something completely different and I had to mediate between them. Again, I wouldn't trade that experience I gained for anything.
Pros
good amount of field work, and the views around tampa, fl
Cons
the few days i spent in the library researching old blueprints from 50 years ago
Excellent company, wonderful job opportunities
Senior C/I Marketing/Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlaOctober 19, 2012
Its hard to summarize 35 years in to just a few sentances. Working at Tampa Electric was the thrill of a lifetime. I held many positions during my career. The company gave me the opportunity on 3 occasions to create, develop, staff and operate 3 different new departmments. I doubt anyone during my 35 years had that opportunity. The company allowed me to develop not only departments, but as an employee and as a mature adult. Most of my employees were college graduates and they too were seeking careers not just jobs. It was challenging, frustrating and fun. When I reached retirement age in 1995, the company was shifting gears going into a new direction and they needed capital, so along with 350 others we were offered retirement.
Pros
great work environment, good pay, good management, great benefits
Cons
it went by way too fast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tampa Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8