Tampa Electric Employee Reviews

Back stabbing managment and coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLNovember 3, 2017
Don't train properly, left alone after 2 weeks to figure everything out on your own. Trainers will go on vacation after two weeks of your employment and tell you not to contact them, basically setting you up for failure. Purposely teach you the wrong information so you do bad and they look better. Coworkers are back stabbers and liars. Good food though, there is always food in the office.
Pros
relaxed, they feed you alot.
Cons
Poor managment and trainer. Coworkers are backstabbers
ok place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2017
not horrible, ok job as far as customer service. decent hours but I was with a temp agency so no benefits or paid days off environment was mostly good
Once they were bought out everything changed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ybor City, FLJuly 12, 2017
Joined Teco because they said they were unlike any other call center and for the most part at the beginning they were right. No handle time...no stats to worry about except for your calls being monitored. Once Emera bought them the managers got hella strict because most of them knew that their jobs were given to them and not earned so they ha to justify those paychecks they received. Now they are hiring temp employees to help push out the "regular" employees and they now have metrics they now have to meet which add alot of stress that wasnt there before
Pros
The pay... the bonuses... the community involement
Cons
how much time do you have?
good place to work
Zap Cap Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2017
its a good place to work. some of the managers and supervisors were great to work for. Like any other business it had its ups and downs. Planned on retiring from the company but wasnt able to as I left because of a supervisor.
Union makes for some lazy co-workers
FGD Plant Operator-AO (Current Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJune 13, 2017
Union makes for some lazy co-workers, mostother employees are great people. Most immediate supervisors are excellent, company has no idea what the future is because is was bought out by a canadian company
Pros
Great pay
Cons
lazy people get away with being lazy
Very productive and safe place to work and good team work.
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2017
The company over all is great. They offer great benefits and the majority of the management is good. I worked for them for 10 years and when I had any issues or conflicts most of the time they were very accommodating. They have clinics in case of any accidents they provide vaccines and they make sure there employers are safe.
Pros
They Pay well and if you worked over time they provide meals.
Cons
Having to be on call and sometimes working 24-36 hours at a time.
Meter Reader
Meter Cutout Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
Would Have specific area that I would read the power meters. I didn't like yards with dogs. Management was always extremely helpful. The part I enjoyed the most was being outdoors and meeting customers.
Great experience.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
I began in the call center and moved to the corporate office. Advancement opportunities are readily available and based upon performance. I would recommend to anyone.
good pay but no work/family balance
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I have been working my position for over 3 years and the Teco culture has definitely change. they have no more family life balance it's mandatory overtime every single week no time for your kids or even a doctor appointment without an issue. Yes it is a company that promotes based on favoritism instead of what you know. the pay is great but overall that is the best thing about the job.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no family life and mandatory overtime
Pays well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2016
They pay well for you handling customers. The customer is the hardest thing to deal with since they are not understanding. The do enforce mandatory overtime a lot and sometimes don't consider your person life. And they do have good benefits. But there is lack of communication and favoritism.
Call center environment
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ybor City, FLApril 28, 2016
Typical call center environment. Incoming calls. very little downtime between customer. Great benefits packages.Lots of learning opportunities.
Internet Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 16, 2016
Room to advance in the company with excellent pay. Flexible hours when needed. Able to work independently with little supervision
Pros
Yearly Bonce
Cons
Salary cap at 100%
Customer service within the call center (Current Employee) –  Tampa FL,August 28, 2015
A great place to work. Management very supportive and helpful. Lots of opportunity for growth. Decent amount of politics but such can be expected in a corporate environment.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
limited customer interactions
na
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2015
A typical day would be logging in at 7:30 to take calls and help customers who need electric service.
Management was great and loved working with my co-workers
Excellent work environment
Customer Care/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Great employees always helpful and encouraging
Management easy to communicate with and always available
Learned a great deal in billing
Low rating
Development and Sales (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Not much to say good about my experience at TECO. It was a very laid back atmosphere with not much going on. They didn't provide much vision on what the goals were and what direction the company was moving in. It was very hard to align personal goals with this.
Like working for the "Good Ole Boy Network.
Senior Lead Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TampaJuly 29, 2014
Typical day in the call center was very stressful. Not because of the customers but lack of good management. They were never there and did not know the business. I have learned to never use the open door policy again because you will get fired. The hardest part of the job was watching the leads try to give a call to a supervisor. They just did not want to take them and at times sneaked out and request a rep on the floor call the customer back. Most enjoyable thing for me was all the people that are not in management. (WORST MANAGEMENT TEAM I HAVE WORKED FOR IN 30 YEARS OF WORKING !!!!) They were all so nice and hard working. It was a great 15 of the 18 1/2 years of service there because of that. I would work there though just not in customer service.
Pros
Decent paying jobs and stable company.
Cons
Nepotism (the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.)
Trust No One!!!
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2014
After working for this company for 23 years someone or some supervisor decided he didn't like me and terminated me. All my annual evaluations indicated that I was a great employee but those evaluations were alter by someone in management.
This company has done a lot of bad things to a lot of good employee and it seems to be normal practice through out the company.
Pros
you can make a good living there.
Cons
dont step on any toes, or you'll be out the door.
Internal customers and co-workers are great
Sr Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  tampa flMarch 25, 2014
Support from internal customers and co-workers are great.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  1898 Nick Nuccio Ave.March 12, 2014
Very nice company to work for. At the time however, the hours were conflicting with my childrens' school schedule.. Other than that, I loved working there and have nothing but good things to say.