TAMPA FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS Employee Reviews

Experienced
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612December 18, 2017
decent experience until your about 2 years in then its time to move on and explore more options do not want to say anything bad about the company because it was a job and i am grateful i had the opportunity to obtain such experience.
Arnp
ARNP Clinical Student, Adult Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2017
•Autonomously assessed patients, diagnosed conditions, prescribed medications and managed complex health conditions
•Experience with management of many common conditions such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, musculoskeletal pain, diabetes mellitus, STD’s, diverticulitis, various acute infections, and many more. Experience with medication and treatment costs, capitated care, and health care cost management
•Performed numerous PAP smears, clinical breast exams, and well woman check-ups
Tfhc
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2017
Very busy environment , Good to learn and practice MA skills .The hardest part of the job was the amount of appt per day.Sometimes we had 30 to 35 pts per each MA.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a lot of patient per doctor per day
office setting
Medical Assistant ІІI (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2017
This office offers family practice, pediatrics, dental, financial counseling, Ob Gyn, laboratory and podiatry to all patient of a diverse community and the under served .
It's an ok place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2017
It's an alright company to work for. It's a good place to get experience​ and training. There's no room for advancement. You get benefits which is nice but it can get expensive to keep. Everyone thinks pay could be higher or just be better. Things change alot within the company and you just have to go with the flow. It doesn't really matter what the lower people within the actual working clinics think or how we work. It's hard when you know how things work and administration thinks that they know what's best for all like they deal with patients on a regular basis. Then wanting to perhaps start school well there is no part-time option to work you might as well quit. Depending on your job title if you end up with another job and put in notice they might just tell you​ to leave then and don't worry about your notice.
Pros
Depending on your work site you might end up working with great people
Cons
Read the review
Great Stepping Stone
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2016
A typical work day consist of 28 patients per provider plus walk-ins. I learned how to work the lab, pediatrics, podiatry, and optometry. Administration will come out and listen to your concerns and promise change but will not change anything. your co-workers will either become family or be your worse enemy. The hardest part is the unrealistic expectations they have. the most enjoyable part of where i work is the family we created. we learned to solve things on our own an not have any administration involved
Pros
Friendships, experience
Cons
administration, pay, work expectations
Great Experience
Medical Assistant / Lead Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Tampa Family Health Center is a great place if you are new the medical field. You get tons of experience that will help jump start your career as a medical assistant, lab tech, front desk staff, etc.
Great co-workers, tough work.
Medical/Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2016
I loved my team and how well we worked together in helping out a patient or each other. However this company does not pay enough for the tasks, and our going above and beyond for a patient. But there were those patients who made it all worth it.
Pros
Hour-long break, Dental/Vision/Medical benefits
Cons
Pay
No advancement
Medical Assistant/ Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
No advancement, pay sucks, management shows favoritism of same race, Must speak Spanish to fit in with Spanish employees, racial conversations in hallways. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here unless you can mind your own business.
Made phone calls.
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
I made phone calls to patients to remind them of the health checks their were due according to their insurance company. Made appointments for them on the doctor's schedules. Type the results of my phone calls on a spreadsheet that was later sent to the insurance companies.
I received management experience with this company.
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Very busy atmosphere. Facility was staffed well and provided multiple services to patients. Location was great and easily accessible.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Horrible Work Environment
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2016
This was my first NP job and I received little to no support. I was expected to see every patient that walked in the door, many way above my skill and educational level. These concerns were brought to top administration many times with minimal assistance. Very good experience with the management of all conditions, but not worth the loan repayment or experience.
Overall great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2015
Looking back. I never really did not like my job, I enjoyed the atmosphere i had and the coworkers. I would have a few days every now and again but that is normal in any business you are in.
Needs Executive Management Reconstruction
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
There's never a dull moment, you're never be without work. The staff and physicians try really hard to provide services to the community.
Pros
Working Staff and Physicians
Cons
Wages, Senior Management, Mico Tasks, Fire easily-no real cause
Great place to start for a Medical Assistant fresh out of School
Medical Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2015
Great benefits after probation period; but can be Overworked and Overwhelmed and underpaid. You gain good relationship with Providers and Patients.
Pros
Co workers; patients; providers; learn different specialties with cross-training
Cons
Pay; Understaffed Centers; other coworkers calling out constantly; management
Great Patient Care
Medical Assistant/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FlSeptember 30, 2015
This company is really great for freshly new students to learn the medical field. There is a wide range of areas where you can work in the center. You can grow with this company as well. They have really great benefits and works well with your schedule.
Call Center
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Over worked under paid, call center sucks and CEO does not care about vets. I had an issue with him and I am going to quit pretty soon.
Advise to management
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peter Davis Service CenterSeptember 8, 2015
I work at Tampa Family Health Centers as an referral specialist. My coach was commissioned to prepare for a month to process the referrals clinic.
Pros
I think she does a great job
Cons
The wage is below other companies exercising the same position.
Relaxing and open environment work place
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2014
Since I have started working here everyone including my job, co-workers, and employees from other departments are very nice and welcoming. My supervisor has an open-door policy so if you have any concerns or comments, you can address them at any time.
There is always work to do and it is a joy to be an absolute help to patients all over Tampa.
Pros
1 hour lunch, open-door policy, 2- 15 minute breaks
Cons
Very awesome place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2014
Fisrt thing was put a smile on my face,get there on time,and start working and be ready for everything,I learned to put all the expectations ,so the company can run day by day,manage the situations as best that I can,don't have to said nothing bad about my co workers they were wonderfull,the hardest part of the job is when you have to aproach someone dificult,but that was not in my case,the most enjoyable part of the work was give everything in order to achieve the the goal of the conmpany.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAMPA FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9