Tampa General Hospital

Tampa General Hospital Employer Reviews

Non Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benifits and m.a's and dr.'s were fun to work with
Cons: disorganization and no communication from management to the staff
No communication. A typical day at work when I first started was being trained by 5 different M.A's all telling me forget what the last person trained you that's right. I was advised that I was working the Tampa General way. It took 5 months to finally get the proper training, 2 week after I left. I loved my co workers and the doctors. Hardest part of my was no communication. Not with the other M.A's or doctors. The supervisor gave 2 weeks notice, then management change to an RN who never worked in a clinical setting and she was still being trained and under a lot of stress.
Good, patient centered care
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: nurses are magnet trained - delightful
Cons: parking, shuttle
Hourly rate; no weekend differential; uneven management - some great managers - seems like a lot of staff to manage, but that is the reality of health care, and not a fault. Uneven staff - some very helpful, and some not; again it is a very large hospital, with dedicated staff.
Normal hospital operations
Manager - Administration (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Typical hospital operations. Limited management opportunities.
southern hospitality Small very personal hospital... fun easy going
Surgical technologist Intern (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
with a smaller staff on hand this makes a good place to know each one of your employees better the site offers every surgery where scrub techs are exposed to a variety of surgeries not just one specialty. the staff was very helpful and a pleasure to work with
very learning experience
Medical Assistant I (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
prep room for patient before they arrived made sure all room were ready and fully stocked, triaged patients administered immunization ,collected blood/urine samples ,orders supplies .very fast pace seen about 70-78 patients day
co-workers were lovely to be around team work
enjoyed the most seeing kids face smiling as they leave
Excellent Company
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
This company I learned about managing and running a business. Multitasking was very important and I learned different aspects of the company from sales, inventory and more. The company closed.
Opportunites
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Mangagement needs a make over there are to many people who've worked for the company over 25 years.
physically demanding work place
CST 2 (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2014
Pros: compensation for cst's in this dept. is very good
Cons: managers are not very compassionate or sympathetic, time off isn't easy to get
• Provides, assembles and cares for surgical supplies, instruments and equipment before, during and after procedures.
• Assists with cleaning, restocking and processing of the surgical suite, instruments and equipment, as needed
• Identifies and reports situations requiring intervention to the RN or Clinician.
• Multitasking
My co-workers were wonderful and caring and a great group of people to work with. There is a lot of heavy lifting and it can be severely hard on your back as well as standing for long periods of time in one spot. The people i worked with were what made the job good.
Productive and find enjoyment in helping others
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
I found it very enjoyable knowing that I was there to help others with any needs they were in need of.
RN (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: short breaks
Great hospital!! Get to see and learn a lot with wonderful staff! Great opportunities for advancement. Staff is very friendly and want to see you succeed. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the patients and staff appreciate the hard work you do, they give great incentives.
Abundant educational opportunities
Clinical Research Nurse (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2014
Tampa General is a large institution with a population of patients from every aspect of healthcare. My position has grown quickly and the clinic has added staff to facilitate over 300 clinical trials both inpatient and outpatient.
great place to work
Staff Nurse on Cardiac Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2014
I enjoyed working there but I moved to Texas. Great pay!
I have nothing else to say.
Difficult and chaotic.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed my work here; during which time our director passed away suddenly, causing complete chaos and upheaval.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Transporter/Call Dispatcher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
Dealing with patients and helping them get through their day.
fun place to work at
Internship Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: plenty of experience
Cons: short breaks
my two month stay at tampa general hospital was pleasant. i enjoyed working with most of the techs there.
ICU
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2014
The unit is well managed and full of learning. I enjoyed working with my coworkers were helpful, a typical day included caring for the critical ill patient.
Good exercise, good sociability, poor pay rate.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great exercise, sociable
Cons: horrible pay rates
A typical day consists of constant walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting. I've learned how different emotions roll throughout a hospital environment. Managers are good and work with employees. Co-workers are good to work with. The hardest part of the job is when it's too busy to get a break. The most enjoyable part is the exercise.
policy centered
RN, trauma/surgery (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great insurance benefits
Cons: organisational problems
fast paced, customer service oriented, management needs more effective communication with staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Transfer Center Specialist I (Current Employee), Davis Island, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: incentive bonuses, birthday promotions, monthly staff meetings
Cons: pay is lower grade than anticipated
The team at TGH is absolutely amazing. They are thorough, engaging, welcoming, patient, and kind. A typical day at work consists of morning bed reporting, coordinating with staff on every floor and department in the hospital, and placing patients in the appropriate units. Working in this department has significantly increased my medical terminology and sometimes assisted with clinical experience.
Clinical Rotation
Surgery Technologist Clinical Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2014
I learned a lot during my 3 month rotation; was able to get a little practice in different specialties. Like Neuro, Ortho, Dental, General, GYN, L&D, and Ophthalmic

1 2 3 4 5

About Tampa General Hospital

Tampa General Hospital (TGH) keeps the medical tempo humming in west-central Florida. The medical center provides general medical – Read more