Tampa General Hospital

Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Helping people
Transplant Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
The hardest and the most fulfilling position ever at transplant. You get to educate, cry, smile and see your patient come to terms with death.
Everyday is new day with new challenges
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
Working with tampa general is really different, everyday-every movement you will find something different challenge. I like to work in pressure and keeps me busy- i love it.
has gone way downhill since 1990's
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  TGHAugust 12, 2016
Worked CCU 7 years in 90's and was amazing. Rehired in 2015 and shocked at changes in management, they're big on retaliation if you report them and HR always sides with management. I asked for reasonable accomodations with MD order for on campus parking for medical disabilty and they refused.
Pros
good updated equipment
Cons
management, new grad RN'S in ICU's, bad politics and favoritism. old school motto manager always right
Tampa General Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
It was a great place to work. Everyone was friendly and outgoing and loved what they did. The only thing I didn't like about it was we were under paid for what we did. When I left they were in the middle of trying to get everyone in the lab a raise.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks, had to pay full price in cafe.
Great
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2016
I loved working at TGH they cared about patient care and safety as much as staff care and safety. One of the best part of working for this facility is it is a teaching hospital and they are willing to teach staff no matter the position. Being a float staff provided me with the opportunity to work in all the different areas/units of the hospital which allowed me to receive experiences in different areas if i was only to work on 1 unit my entire time working there. Staff treated each other with respect and did not make others feel as if they are lesser than another because of their job title.
housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
cleaning rooms
helping patients as needed
cleaning up for patients
helping keep the enivormnet itself clean for sick patients
theres a tv in every brak rooms
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
I'm just really fortunate to have a job to take care of my family and myself , you know. Its a really great company to work for if you are looking for a great experience. after it is the # 1 hospital in tampa and its also a teaching hospital
Tampa general hospital # 1 !
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
I love workingat tampa genral hospital it isa great envroment to work in it is a great place to grow and excel in develop a great career
great
Transfer Center Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2016
awesome hospital, like the people. like the doctors. everyone is nice friendly. hours are great. customer service is great.
Enthusiastic and encouraging workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2016
I love working for tampa general hospital. Tampa general hospital help you to be up to date with educations and latest technologies.
The best place to be when you are sick.
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2016
The best hospital in Tampa. The staff are friendly, respectful, and helpful of each other. The hospital is clean and does smell.TGH gives the employee opportunities to advance in their chosen field. I like the birthday breakfast as well.
Work here for experience, not for pay/benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2016
The pay is horrible considering that it is the highest acuity hospital in the area. Residents are relatively smart but not the best.
I only worked at this position for 6 months for several reasons
Staff Nurse on Inpatient Psychiatric Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2016
Management was poor, dictatorship vs trusting that nurses are professionals. I had to enter the floor between 6:45 am and 6:55 am no sooner or later, that was for everyone working the floor.

I witnessed Nurse manager yelling at an eating d/o patient to eat or she would be man handled. The co-workers were either afraid of the nurse manager or rebellious and those people did not last long. I had several good relationships with some of the healthier staff and both psychiatrist trusted my judgement and professionalism.

I left because I did not support the punitive environment and I learned the unit closed a few months after I left.

I did like working in the hospital environment, teaching hospital which I was used to and beautiful facility.
Limited mobility
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
Their are no promotion within, you have to know someone to move ahead and the politics are bad. . Employees are always wrong and the management is always right even if an employee is correct.I have more experience than my manager and education but he is my manager.
Benefits
Cons
Too many supervisors
Used to be GREAT
Staff/Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2016
I have worked here for 5 years and it used to be the absolute best! The financial cutbacks have really sent things downhill. Still an ok place to work but starting to fall in line with more subpar facilities unfortunately.
Chaplaincy Work
Pastoral Care Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2016
I loved my job and grew a so much from my time as a Resident Chaplain. I see this teaching hospital as innovative and visionary with leadership style that is not top down. It is a beautiful environment to grow into a competent skilled Chaplain.
Pros
I recieved money for food each month and had the most amazing staff to work with.
Cons
I feel that at times some departments need more staff to take care of very critical patients, in step down units.
Excedllent Organization
Manager Ambulatory Services Brandon TGMG (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 14, 2016
Tampa General Hospital is a well organized, and pioneering Health Care facility.

A typical day includes management meetings, staff controls, patient and physician liaison, problem solving, generation of management reports, supervision of clinical and administrative staff, disciplinarian, resolving scheduling and billing challenges.

I supervise a happy, efficient, and productive team of 27 healthcare providers, and administrative staff.

My biggest challenge, at the moment, is providing prompt response to the volume of calls received at the clinic.

The most fulfilling aspect of my day is the interaction with our patients and our staff members.
Productive work place that helps with patient's health.
HIM Tech I/HIM Tech II/HIM Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2016
As the first shift team leader and trainer for the Chart Processing Area of the Health Information Management Department I am tasked with training new employees and to help with questions from about 14 team members on the same shift. I work together with my team to pick up records, validate records and index scanned records to the electronic medical records program.
Pros
Healthcare and benefits.
Great benefits, job security
Clinical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2016
Tampa General is a great place to work with great staff. The pay is not great, but the benefits are the best around compared to other hospitals.
Benefits
Cons
Not the best pay
Temp RN in Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2016
Didn't work there long enough to get the best review, but from what I could tell in the short time there it seemed to be a good place to work and had a lot of resources available to it's team members. The benefits were very good also.

Tampa General Hospital Reviews by Location