Tampa General Hospital

Tampa General Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Patient Care Technician Clinical Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2015
I loved my short time at Tampa General Hospital! Health care professionals are very friendly as well as efficient and productive.
Great establishment and great patient care
Transplant Assistant (Current Employee), Harborside Medical TowerApril 15, 2015
Tampa General is a wonderful company to work for. I have worked here in the Transplant Department for 3 years now. The company provides excellent benefit packages for employees
It was a great learning experience but nothing more
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: nice area, great scholarships
Cons: weak management, bad work/life balance
I learned a lot through the fast work environment. I had plenty of opportunities for advancement within my department.
Healthcare environment
Supervisor Of Materials Distribution (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: The benefits are great
Cons: The medical floors not knowing what to order
I work 3 days a week, every weekend in Materials Distribution. The days are long and busy. The team that I have are very knowledgeable and fast.
The best part of my day at work is seeing or hearing the satisfaction that my crew provides when delivering or locating medicals supplies from the medical staff at the hospital.
Great learning experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 11, 2015
Great place for me to apply all the things i leaned in the classroom to a clinical setting. Best unit by far was the NICU. some floors werent the greatest and lacked a positive working environment.
Good place to start your career
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: The equipment is outdated
I worked here for about 4 years in the Rehab center. I learned so much, since it is a teaching hospital. Management needs improving, work to life balance is poor.
Benefits are good
IT (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 2, 2015
Job is stressful with no advancement with no clear communication. I do not recommend IT for anyone applying. Best of luck if you choose to.
great place to work
patient care technician paramedic (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 40 hours, great benefits and paid for nursing school.
Cons: no room for advancement and management was inflexible
Good benefits and 40 hours a week when I worked there because I was a patient care technician with laboratory experience as well as paramedic. No room for advancement. They paid for my nursing school so that was a plus.
The BEST !
Clinician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the BEST benefits, educational support
Cons: nothing!
The most supportive and professional leadership team. I am so proud to have been a part of such an exceptional hospital. Thank you for supporting, educating, and empowering your Nurses to be EXCEPTIONAL!
Learning Experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2015
Tampa General Hospital is a great learning experience. I learned a lot of health skills. The management and staff team are excellent team workers. It's a great place to work.
great job
Dining Ambassador (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: the schedule
Cons: not being able to please the patients
I learn different diets for the patients, get to have the interaction with the patients, work with dedicated co workers
Never a dull day!
Workers' Compensation Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
Everyday is a different experience. You never know what kind of situations you will encounter. Each day is a learning experience as no two days are the same and you need to be fast on your feet since solutions and decisions to be made for each situation. I think the biggest thing I have learned is that some people really can look right at you and not tell you the truth. That is also the hardest part of the job.

In this position, I really don't have an abundance of co-workers as there are only a few of us including management and we have right at 10,000 employees so we each have our own things to do and really don't have time to interact except for the adjuster, our attorney and myself. The 3 of us talk everyday sometimes several times a day and they are great.

The hardest part of this job is having to deal with someone who is misrepresenting the system. Its not really harder for me but it makes it harder for the people who are really hurt and need my help and this takes my times away from them. But the best part is when you help someone either get better and back to their position, or find them a new position that is a better fit for their injury/illness, and they are so appreciative and happy that they still are able to work and take care of themselves and their families; that is a good day.
Great work place
PatientCare Tech (Current Employee), Tampa, FlFebruary 24, 2015
I maintain the safety of patients, Inspect and clean work area and
wash and clean up patients if unable too. Provide direct patient care and indirect actions to assist smooth functioning of unit.
Help with the entrance, discharge and transfer of patients
Ambulate, transfer and lifted patients.
Lots of favortisim and such
Transfer Center Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good health care benifits
Cons: too much favirotisim and unprofessionalism in the department poor leadership.
Very unprofessional management, all female and extremely catty,
lots of back stabbing and two faced behavior. Manager not present most days and team lead missing in action too.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
Like any place of employment there are things you are not going to like or understand. It would be nice for senior management to work on communication with staff BEFORE making changes if possible. Not much movement if you are not a nurse. Nurses pretty much run the hospital (it seems). Overall, it's a good company to work for and a lot of take pride in saying we work here. It would not be that way if it were not for the amazing benefits. There are a lot of positive things here that keeps you coming back everyday.
Amazing place to work.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits amazing coworkers.
Cons: new management, short staffed, talked to in a condescending manor.
You go in and help sick patients and or family members. Team members work together to assist as many pt as possible. You have to be able to tolerate irate people and blood.
Patient Access Specialist II
Patient Account Specialist II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2015
TGH provides you with multiple opportunities for educational growth and enhance skill set training. There is room for improvement as far as the salary is concerned. The sense of maturity and individuals hired for positions should truly be a represent of knowledge in skills verses who you may know
very productive workplace with highly coordinated proffesionals
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent facility, amazing team
My externship at TGH was an extremely educational experience with the finest medical professionals in Florida. A normal day consisted of getting in early to prepare the facility, the schedule, and the day planned for our patients. Then we all employed a multi tier care schedule where each patient would speak with several medical professionals ranging from medical assistants and social workers to doctors and specialists highly trained in their respective fields. The Management was highly skilled in managing employees, reducing friction in the work-schedule, and working with each and every employee on a very personal level. The most enjoyable part of my job at TGH was assisting in the premium care of our patients and hearing the stories from patients of how they each individually received care they themselves believed to be far superior to any other facility.
Non Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benifits and m.a's and dr.'s were fun to work with
Cons: disorganization and no communication from management to the staff
No communication. A typical day at work when I first started was being trained by 5 different M.A's all telling me forget what the last person trained you that's right. I was advised that I was working the Tampa General way. It took 5 months to finally get the proper training, 2 week after I left. I loved my co workers and the doctors. Hardest part of my was no communication. Not with the other M.A's or doctors. The supervisor gave 2 weeks notice, then management change to an RN who never worked in a clinical setting and she was still being trained and under a lot of stress.
Good, patient centered care
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: nurses are magnet trained - delightful
Cons: parking, shuttle
Hourly rate; no weekend differential; uneven management - some great managers - seems like a lot of staff to manage, but that is the reality of health care, and not a fault. Uneven staff - some very helpful, and some not; again it is a very large hospital, with dedicated staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tampa General Hospital

Tampa General Hospital (TGH) keeps the medical tempo humming in west-central Florida. The medical center┬áprovides general medical – Read more

Tampa General Hospital Salaries