Tampa General Hospital Employee Reviews

internal paging of appropriate staff
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent co workers, pay
Cons: 3rd shift
paging of electricians, HVAC, Environmental, Plumbing, Maintenance Staff. Assisting Hospital operators in emergency situations.
tgh
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2015
I don't have much to.say stay to.your self come to.work.do.ur work.n go.home. take ithe serious there strict and don't play but the patient they need to focus that same cate or the employeea but overall best job I ever had
productive
Urgical Service Aid (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2015
Pros: birthday breakfast with the CEO
Cons: lacks when it comes to giving raises
I Usually would arrive at work by 6:00AM . I start transporting patients from surgical prep unit ( SPU) around 6:15AM until 7:30AM. from there , I spend the rest of my time in the Main OR. There I assist Nurses in prepping patients for surgery .
The employees in the OR generally care about you . Like any place you do have one or two of them who tend to make a big deal out of nothing .
SUMMARY
Therapeutic Dietary Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
i hated the job. i hated working over night. i hate the pay. no benefits at all. i mean the job sucked. short breaks rude coworkers in students. absoutley hated it
job culture
business analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: work flexibility
Cons: very demanding
very friendly environment, people are very friendly and always willing to help and mentor another coworker. You have many people on your team, seems almost like your first day of college.
Productive, and massive hospital - great place for experience being a Level I Trauma Center
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: expensive insurance
I would have to say TGH is one of the best company's I've worked for in terms of benefits and being open and available to its employees.
upbeat enviornment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: upbeat
Cons: disprespect from bosses
Lack of respect and effective communication skills. Zero room for growth nor any benefits.........................................................................................
Productive and great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short Breaks
Everybody is very friendly, cooperative. Everybody works together to get things done. I fill prescriptions and deliver discharge prescriptions to the patients prior to leaving. Discuss the medications and the usage of drugs.
Great Work Environment
CaferterianTeam leader/supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 28, 2015
I loved working here and it was like home! Management made you at ease with position. I learned a lot that carried on with me.
Great workplace, busy, interactive
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Tampa,FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: Teaching Hospital
It was a great place to work I gained a lot of experience and knowledge during my time working for this company now I'm looking to advance and expand my experience level.
Fun and Productive work place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Uniform Vochures
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working at Tampa General Hospital. It is a productive/fun place to work. There is opportunity for growth and the benefits are great.
Good company but not many opportunities for career growth
Senior Testing Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good work-life balance
Cons: Old school mentality
Good company but not many opportunities for career growth - the company it still stuck in the old age of technology and mentality. Many of the employees just see the company as a place that provides job security instead of a place of enhancing patient's life, our communities and ultimately our life.
Awesome Place to further your medical career.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 11, 2015
Enjoyable work place. A good company to further any medical career .Extremely good benefits. They treat employees with care.
good benfits, low pay
Respiratory assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
good place to work but is one of the lowest paying hospitals in the area. heavy work loads. to many managers. co workers are usually nice.
Productive and friendly environment
Patient Care Technician Clinical Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2015
I loved my short time at Tampa General Hospital! Health care professionals are very friendly as well as efficient and productive.
Great establishment and great patient care
Transplant Assistant (Current Employee), Harborside Medical TowerApril 15, 2015
Tampa General is a wonderful company to work for. I have worked here in the Transplant Department for 3 years now. The company provides excellent benefit packages for employees
It was a great learning experience but nothing more
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: nice area, great scholarships
Cons: weak management, bad work/life balance
I learned a lot through the fast work environment. I had plenty of opportunities for advancement within my department.
Healthcare environment
Supervisor Of Materials Distribution (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: The benefits are great
Cons: The medical floors not knowing what to order
I work 3 days a week, every weekend in Materials Distribution. The days are long and busy. The team that I have are very knowledgeable and fast.
The best part of my day at work is seeing or hearing the satisfaction that my crew provides when delivering or locating medicals supplies from the medical staff at the hospital.
Great learning experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 11, 2015
Great place for me to apply all the things i leaned in the classroom to a clinical setting. Best unit by far was the NICU. some floors werent the greatest and lacked a positive working environment.
Good place to start your career
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: The equipment is outdated
I worked here for about 4 years in the Rehab center. I learned so much, since it is a teaching hospital. Management needs improving, work to life balance is poor.