Tanana Chiefs Conference Employee Reviews in United States

Worked as the Manager of Behavioral Health Programs
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 14, 2013
I managed all grant programs in the Behavioral Health Department in this Alaska Indian Agency. I also worked on a Community Health Assessment program that included over 20 villages the agency works with. I managed 4 staff members who were the staff members fulfilling the grant programs.
Pros
learning a new lifestyle of alaskan indians, being able to share my managerial skills, and see the benefits of my management style that worked well with my staff, visiting many villages that sometimes we had to fly to get to to their village
Cons
long hours, some resistance from the native alaskan indians in working with a manager who wasn't an indian.
Great Benefits but that is about it
Health Services (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 24, 2014
TCC Health has the ability to have a centralized health clinic in Fairbanks and serve 42 remote villages. The benefits are really good. There is untrained management and no accountability for staff. Once hired HR will give limited to no assistance for any issues you may come across.
On the flip side the new clinic is absolutely beautiful. There is always a new service that is being added to better serve the patient population.
Caution if you are non-Native you may have difficulties with the work atmosphere and the way you are treated.
Pros
12 paid holidays, 401k, flexibility in schedules
Cons
unprofessional atmosphere, hr not any help, poor management
loved my job
Pharmacy system help desk/administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 5, 2015
loved my job and what i did
learned alot about indian health services
loved my co workers
i loved helping patients and co workers and learning all that i can
Pros
benifits salary
Cons
managemetn
Computer use,
Bookkeeper- Hughes AK (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 10, 2015
I did alot of Payroll and pay taxes, and iam taking time off from Firefighting, so I would like to find a good job and stay with it
constant work with good job security.
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 27, 2014
There was a lot of required travel out of town for up to two weeks. This is hard for people with families. There was not a lot of cohesion among employees because it was constantly competition. The boss was very quiet and did not communicate well.
Pros
job security
Cons
organization, playing favorites
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Nulato, AKApril 29, 2015
Enjoyed the company of Elder as I cooked and cleaned for him. Great stories. enjoy helping others not able to help themselves
Pros
communicating with elder
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Fun place to work.
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99701February 10, 2015
Scanning, documenting personal health information, to ensure that our patients are protected. Having scanned documents at your fingertips is quick and efficient.
Pros
health care
Cons
personal leave
I enjoyed working for the Galena Subregional villages.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galena, AKFebruary 5, 2013
I enjoyed working with Tanana Chiefs Conference, Inc because I was actively involved with the Subregional villages; Kaltag, Nulato, Koyukuk, Galena, Huslia and Ruby. I set up teleconferences, did reports, set up meetings, travel arrangements and reseached a lot of information to share with the villages that involved our villages; our environment, pollutants, and finding grants to help our tribes.
Pros
working with the tribal councils
Scanning, Tracking and running reports
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  122 1st ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701December 2, 2014
I run reports for the director of our department, there was very little training, I am expected to know what I am doing with the software provided for our department with no training. This is a seditary job I do a lot of sitting, I am use to being on the GO!!!!
Cultural Relevant health services
Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 11, 2013
Outstanding agency, dedicated to beneficiaries.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
good prevention program
Be Prepared
Behavioral Health Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 21, 2013
I started off with a great group of people to work with at this company. It was clear what was expected of me and Clear what needed to be done. Due to budget cuts within our Department, my original supervisor was released from her job. I was placed with a new supervisor and she herself was new to the company. My job got complicated. My Supervisor in the past has verbally yelled at me and placed blame on me for outcomes that i had no control over. When Policy was being inforced within the company, it did not seem to apply to her in any way and everything was still planned last minute.
The benefit package is great. The pay rate is great. But to work for someone who doesn't follow company policy and expected to still love your job even if you voice concern and personal struggles is not what i expected.

I have heard of phenomional supervisors, managers and staff in other departments that work well together and do great. but the one i worked in is very stand-offish and felt like we were in a SnowBall war like children.

So anyone who is able to handle this would enjoy my job, the staff and the company. Those who cannot i do not reccommend it.
Pros
great benefit package, the program i worked in was very flexible with my work schedule.
Cons
working with people where the power gets to there heads
A very productive place to work.
Headstart Janitor and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruby, AKNovember 3, 2014
A very good place to gain real world experience. Cleaning and janitorial work. Carpentry work also.
Pros
none.
Cons
none.
TCC my manager was the worst ever he had no clue and still doesn't.
BILLING OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 16, 2014
I loved my job and the employee best group of people I've worked with