Tanana Valley Clinic

Tanana Valley Clinic Employee Reviews

At TVC....
Front Office Representative (Current Employee), Fairbanks, AKNovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent coworkers
A typical day is busy with answering phones and delivering the best customer service possible to patients as they walk in. What I learned from this job was how an office structure works as prior to this position I held retail and restaurant positions. I also learned that patience is greatly needed when dealing with those who are sick but at the same time confrontational about a variety of items, such as their account with the clinic. I also learned the best ways in discussing with people when money is owed, when explaining that a provider does not have any openings until a certain time in the future as well as when people wait long times to see a provider in the waiting area. I have learned that it is important to take a step back and breathe when things get rough and stay calm at all times.
Great clinical laboratory
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKNovember 11, 2014
Friendly work place. A busy clinical medical facility providing full Out Patient laboratory service for patients and providers.
Gained a wealth of medical office experience
Float Medical Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKOctober 14, 2014
Being employed by Tanana Valley Clinic was a positive experience. A typical day would be either working in medical records and/or floating to the various departments throughout the clinic. I enjoyed learning all the departments and being able to have a variety of where I may have worked every day. I love to learn and this job provided just that. The management was positive and seemed to care about the employees. I really enjoyed my co-workers and made many friends. I welcomed the opportunity to interact with patients in all the departments. I love meeting people and helping.
Great People
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great peoeple and management, location, beautiful/clean clinic to work in, hour long lunch
Cons: treaturous parking lot, semi-frequently short staffed
I am a former employee (medical assistant) who recently resigned due to a military related move. I loved working with everyone at this clinic very much. Everyone was very welcoming when I first started and by the end of my time there they were like a second family. The management has always been fair to me and kind. The providers are all great to work with and most treated me as their equal and showed trust in my work which was very rewarding. I would recommend this place for anyone to work at.
Engaging and friendly workplace
Front Office Representative (Current Employee), Fairbanks, AKJune 9, 2013
Pros: awesome healthcare, great supportive people
A typical day at this job consists mainly of face to face interaction with clients and interaction over the phone in pursuit of scheduling appointments and taking messages for clinical. As a front office representative, I am basically the first point of contact for those who come into the clinic. I have learned plenty in the time I have been here, including keeping a level tone of voice and not engaging any arguments or negative behavior from clients, listening to what people need from us, the various programs needed to function in this job on the computer (I had never used outlook prior to this job) as well as not being intimidated by clinical staff (which I was for a time when it came to speaking with doctors). My coworkers were amazing! Very nice, friendly, and felt like a positive atmosphere. The hardest part of this job though would be speaking to angry people on the phone and maintaining my composure through the conversation. And I have learned from that, that usually by the time they got to me, they just wanted to vent frustrations about what was going on, which is something everyone needs to do from time to time. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with. They were just amazing!
A decent job with good pay and benefits
Front Office Representative (Current Employee), Fairbanks, AKMay 1, 2012
My coworkers are awesome to work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others. The hardest part of the job is accomodating people with appointments and messages because not everyone can be made happy. So I have learned to cope with difficult clients as well as various needed computer skills and work with microsoft office.