Tanner Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing place to work with great patients
Receptionist/Scheduler- Short Stay (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 18, 2016
I loved working at Tanner Medical. I have never been prouder to be apart of such a wonderful team. Most all of the co-workers were nice and respectful to each other. I was only there a year, but it felt like family. I had a great supervisor who kept her team updated and in line. My least favorite part about this job was my hours and my pay. I believe I should have earned more for what I did. I worked as a part-time float working 12 hour shifts. Overall, I loved that job and if I was moving back to Georgia, I would work there again.
Pros
Great supervisor, friendly atmosphere, wonderful coworkers, helpful IT, great doctors
Cons
Weekly hours, heavy work load, minimal pay, one short break a shift
Political
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAFebruary 9, 2016
This is a very tight group of executives and managers that do not like out side thinkers or innovation. Very closed minded and seems to be stuck in old health care practices. Very top heavy organizations without regard of nursing shortages. Nurse patient ratios often unsafe during the night hours.
Pros
local
Cons
too many to list
management
RN (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 8, 2015
Management is split. You have some good managers/charge nurses and others are snakes. Often the ones that are snakes are the ones who feel intimidated. The others whom are organized, functional, and confident are great! You just know your going to have a great day despite what the day brings because they will be there to back you and help you, not criticize you.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks if you get one
It is a good place to work, but not being able to transfercan be a hassel.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 9, 2015
I have worked at the Emergency Department for 2 years and 10 months. I have been a Patient Advocate for 1 year and 10 months of that time. I enjoy working at the Carrollton Emergency Department at Tanner Medical Center. I have gained a great amount of customer service experience working here. I have learned that you have to maintain a sense of respect for everyone, no matter their situation of life circumstances. I have been able to be there for patients in their lifes most difficult situations. I love my co-workers and have found it very difficult to turn in my notice of resignation. I had to make one of the hardest decisions ever, for my family. I need a first shift position desperately. A typical day at the Emergency Room can vary, It can be a total caos, or just extremely busy. It is okay with me, I enjoy working in a busy working environment.
Pros
Co-workers, my job as a patient Advocate, helping others, great benefits
Cons
There are no first shift positions that I can transfer to.
Great place
Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Bremen, GASeptember 18, 2015
Great place to work. Only complaint is the insurance is not that great, but its consistantly listed on atls best places to work list
Productive place to work and family savvy.
Cash Control Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 9, 2015
Tanner Medical Center was a great place to work, being that, you could be flexible if need be. Family is important to this company and there is a since of dedication between coworkers.

You get to enjoy pizza day and ice cream day; when the managers took the time to serve the employees. I thought that was pretty neat.

I suppose that the hardest part about the job, would be, not having enough help in certain departments.
Pros
Free snack days and a ride to from your car, if park off of site.
Cons
No comment
Lots of politics and favoritism
Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonAugust 22, 2015
Tanner Hospital is very worried about their patient reviews. When I was there, if a patient was upset the employees made sure they did not receive a review card to mail in. There are lots of internal politics, back-stabbing, gossip, and favoritism...very little camaraderie or morale boosting for the newbies. This was true for every department, not just radiology. Fortunately they keep that from the patients and usually the patients are happy with services at Tanner. While I was at Tanner I learned that since they are the monopoly in the area and there is no competition they make work life pretty miserable. Never been stressed working at any other place worse than Tanner. Thankful to be elsewhere now where the work environment is far better.
Pros
Great community connection
Cons
Miserable work environment
Fair amount of security but little opportunity for future
Nursing Charge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 28, 2015
Fair amount of security but little opportunity for future advancement. Salary is far below averages with little or no increase or bonuses for non clinical staff.
Nice workplace
Transporter for Radiology (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 28, 2015
I was often in charge of transporting each patient to and from radiology dept. for tests and such. We were often understaffed which made my job EXTREMELY difficult and it seemed that way through out entire facility DAILY
Pros
Enjoyed all of the people I worked with and the blessings that can with the job
Cons
Long hours; Often under staffed leaving each shift very hectic and exhausting
great place to work, great benefits
Patient Register, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, Georgia 30117July 23, 2015
Caring about your patients and helping everyone is what healthcare is supposed to be about a great place to work and enjoyable.
Pros
benefits, pay
awesome plase to work!
Senior Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me is fun while also serious. The hardest part of the job is seeing sad situation's. All the management and staff are amazing!
Pros
Meeting a lot of the public and having great co-workers
Cons
healthcare
An interesting place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  GAApril 24, 2015
it can be a fun enviroment due to the many different personalities and people you will encounter, but at times, and very often, the job seems and ends up being hypocritical, ie they want to reduce overtime, yet they keep people on staff for extended periods of time that are known slackers, and are well known for not showing up for their appointed shift.
Pros
room for advancment
Cons
short breaks. favoritism, managment seems inept at times, long hours and little recognition for going above and beyond even if asked to with no personal gain
Ok place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMarch 29, 2015
Management needs an overhaul. Favoritism shown greatly and not in a positive way. Scheduling conflicts, lack of appropriate staffing, no holiday pay even when you're required to work them. Nice facility but needs work.
Pros
Nice facility, newer technology
Cons
No actual lunch breaks, lack of appropriate staffing, no holiday pay
The Leadership at Tanner Sucks
Director (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonMarch 15, 2015
This company has some very good employees that work there. However, the medical leadership lack integrity and the administration is self seeking and don't really care about patients they care more about looking good to the public and money not the quality of care being provided.
Best Place to Work
Emergency Registration (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 6, 2015
answered phones, helped patients by getting them registered to be seen by the ER doctors and staff. Assisted patients with any questions or concerns they had about their insurance, coverage, co pay, etc
Pros
great pay, very convient
Cons
hard to get time off
Learning Experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Busy days/nights, Learned Compassion,
Excellent Co-Worker(s),Short Staffed,
Enjoyed Being Personable with Patients
Pros
my schedule
Cons
short staffed
I enjoy working in healthcare/customer service.
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GADecember 30, 2014
I am currently working in inpatient care at Willowbrooke at Tanner Medical Center with behavioral health patients. I have previously worked in food services with management background. A typical day at work for me is in direct care. I work alongside a team of doctors, nurses and therapists who provide short term treatment in transition to longer rehabilitation if necessary. I am charged with keeping the patients safe and on schedule. I facilitate therapy groups daily and provide feedback to the treatment team. I've learned how to work with a diverse population and respond/de-escalate in a crisis situation. I've also learned many skills and continually gain knowledge within the medical field. I greatly enjoy the team I work with and carry a great rapport with the management team. The hardest part of the job is figuring out ways to help people in their current situations, as everyone functions and responds differently to different treatment methods. I work with an array of different age groups as well as different mental capabilities and have to a accommodate. I find this field very interesting and challenging. I enjoy that each day is a new learning opportunity. Mostly, I enjoy helping people and the fact that I work with such an amazing, cohesive team of individuals.
Pros
helping patients, gaining knowlegde within my field, and my co-workers
Cons
little room for upward mobility
Quality healthcare
Nurse Intern/Tech (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 25, 2014
Provides quality healthcare, hometown atmosphere, and tries to stay up to date with technology. I learned many skills that helped as I went through nursing skill. Nurse patient ratio was difficult at times.
Tanner is a great company
Diet Aide lll/ Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 30, 2014
The kitchen staff is awesome, management and supervisors can be more supportive
Great Place To Work.
Contractor for CORUS360 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
IT Contractor G• Schedule end-users available for McAfee virus upgrades.
• Using Lansweeper inventory the machines software and last end-user logon.
• Using DaimeWare MCR, remote into machines and decrypting hard drives with present software Symantec virus protection.
• Un-install all Symantec virus protection and other virus protection.
• In McAfee Console deploy new system/deploy agent to machines, McAfee Agent (4.8.0.641), Product Coverage Report, Virus Scan Enterprise (8.8.0.975), Endpoint Encryption for files and folders, Endpoint Encryption Go (7.0.0.396), Endpoint Encryption Agent(7.0.2.396), Endpoint Encryption for PC (7.0.2.396).
• Open a HEAT ticket for any other end-user machine issues.
reat Place To Work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
none smoking environment