Tanner Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent
Unit Secretary and Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 25, 2017
Excellent continually growing company. Many expansions and upgrades recently. Great community service projects. Excellent employee benefits. Exponential growth expected still.
Great Place to work and grow life-long friendships with co-workers who work as a team!
Senior Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 20, 2017
I loved my job in the clinical support department. I didn't like my manager very much, but the nurses I worked with balanced out my dislike for my manager. I worked with great people who loved their job and who truly care about the patients.
Pros
Patient Interaction, Free Stuff, PTO, Flexible schedules, importance of work/life balance
Cons
Short Lunch Period, Parking is ridiculous
very interesting job
Part Time Outpatient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GA 30117January 5, 2017
1-I was one of the out patient co-ordinators.
2-co-worker were friendly.
3-supervisor mrs. Horton was a good influence.
4-the hard part was when law enforcement had to bring in prisoners.
5-working with the patients.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
being a part time employ.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Interesting and challenging place to work. Management was great, co-workers were fun loving individuals. Loved dealing with the patients and staff
Hospital environment
Administrative Assistant to Hospital Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 28, 2016
Would have enjoyed it more if I did the job I was hired for. I was hired for an assistant position and was put into another position where I was working two jobs for one.
Fun learning
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 26, 2016
Hard work but it was a good experience to be able to serve the Doctors and staff along with patients. Building relationships and making sure everyone was happy.
Workinng with GA Med care is like working w/family
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 22, 2016
I hated leaving GA Med Care. The only reason I left was the company cut hours. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. This place knew how to treat their em0ployees and patients. We had loads of fun.
Wonderful people to work for
Clinical LPN Student (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 20, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company. They were easy to work for and with and I enjoyed the client that I spent my work days with.
Outpatient Mental Health
Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 26, 2016
I worked for the outpatient mental health clinic in both Carrollton and Villa Rica. The job was good with ok pay and benefits. Working there was bad because they made it clear that if you swam against the current you would easily be replaced. And if you didn't complain, showed up to work, and did somewhat a good job you got a pay check. I saw a very very high turn over rate for that office. Most quit and a few fired for reasons that were swept under the rug
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Work environment/ management
Amazing place to work with great patients
Receptionist/Scheduler- Short Stay (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 18, 2016
I loved working at Tanner Medical. I have never been prouder to be apart of such a wonderful team. Most all of the co-workers were nice and respectful to each other. I was only there a year, but it felt like family. I had a great supervisor who kept her team updated and in line. My least favorite part about this job was my hours and my pay. I believe I should have earned more for what I did. I worked as a part-time float working 12 hour shifts. Overall, I loved that job and if I was moving back to Georgia, I would work there again.
Pros
Great supervisor, friendly atmosphere, wonderful coworkers, helpful IT, great doctors
Cons
Weekly hours, heavy work load, minimal pay, one short break a shift
Political
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAFebruary 9, 2016
This is a very tight group of executives and managers that do not like out side thinkers or innovation. Very closed minded and seems to be stuck in old health care practices. Very top heavy organizations without regard of nursing shortages. Nurse patient ratios often unsafe during the night hours.
Pros
local
Cons
too many to list
enjoyed working at Tanner Medical Center
LPN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed it for the most part. Most of the staff were team players. Management was ok, but could improve how they treat their employees.
management
RN (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 8, 2015
Management is split. You have some good managers/charge nurses and others are snakes. Often the ones that are snakes are the ones who feel intimidated. The others whom are organized, functional, and confident are great! You just know your going to have a great day despite what the day brings because they will be there to back you and help you, not criticize you.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks if you get one
It is a good place to work, but not being able to transfercan be a hassel.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 9, 2015
I have worked at the Emergency Department for 2 years and 10 months. I have been a Patient Advocate for 1 year and 10 months of that time. I enjoy working at the Carrollton Emergency Department at Tanner Medical Center. I have gained a great amount of customer service experience working here. I have learned that you have to maintain a sense of respect for everyone, no matter their situation of life circumstances. I have been able to be there for patients in their lifes most difficult situations. I love my co-workers and have found it very difficult to turn in my notice of resignation. I had to make one of the hardest decisions ever, for my family. I need a first shift position desperately. A typical day at the Emergency Room can vary, It can be a total caos, or just extremely busy. It is okay with me, I enjoy working in a busy working environment.
Pros
Co-workers, my job as a patient Advocate, helping others, great benefits
Cons
There are no first shift positions that I can transfer to.
Great place
Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Bremen, GASeptember 18, 2015
Great place to work. Only complaint is the insurance is not that great, but its consistantly listed on atls best places to work list
Productive place to work and family savvy.
Cash Control Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 9, 2015
Tanner Medical Center was a great place to work, being that, you could be flexible if need be. Family is important to this company and there is a since of dedication between coworkers.

You get to enjoy pizza day and ice cream day; when the managers took the time to serve the employees. I thought that was pretty neat.

I suppose that the hardest part about the job, would be, not having enough help in certain departments.
Pros
Free snack days and a ride to from your car, if park off of site.
Cons
No comment
Lots of politics and favoritism
Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonAugust 22, 2015
Tanner Hospital is very worried about their patient reviews. When I was there, if a patient was upset the employees made sure they did not receive a review card to mail in. There are lots of internal politics, back-stabbing, gossip, and favoritism...very little camaraderie or morale boosting for the newbies. This was true for every department, not just radiology. Fortunately they keep that from the patients and usually the patients are happy with services at Tanner. While I was at Tanner I learned that since they are the monopoly in the area and there is no competition they make work life pretty miserable. Never been stressed working at any other place worse than Tanner. Thankful to be elsewhere now where the work environment is far better.
Pros
Great community connection
Cons
Miserable work environment
Fair amount of security but little opportunity for future
Nursing Charge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 28, 2015
Fair amount of security but little opportunity for future advancement. Salary is far below averages with little or no increase or bonuses for non clinical staff.
Nice workplace
Transporter for Radiology (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 28, 2015
I was often in charge of transporting each patient to and from radiology dept. for tests and such. We were often understaffed which made my job EXTREMELY difficult and it seemed that way through out entire facility DAILY
Pros
Enjoyed all of the people I worked with and the blessings that can with the job
Cons
Long hours; Often under staffed leaving each shift very hectic and exhausting
great place to work, great benefits
Patient Register, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, Georgia 30117July 23, 2015
Caring about your patients and helping everyone is what healthcare is supposed to be about a great place to work and enjoyable.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tanner Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.