TAP Employee Reviews

I honestly will never work there again. All of it was bad
Tennessee Aluminum Processor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TNMarch 17, 2017
It's was an awful work experience. I got burned all the time, and got sick from the duck and dirt I was working in. It was just and awful experience and wouldn't recommend anybody to work there
Pros
Off four days a week
Cons
Swing shift
bad program
Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJanuary 12, 2017
the Teacher's Advancement Program (TAP) was a horrible idea in the first place. It took out the teachers job of interacting well with the student and replaced that very important trait with teaching strategies that we all learned and incorporated in the classroom. It was designed to improve scores. It for the first year and the second it dropped.
great place to work
meter restoration (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Va.November 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the people at TAP, everyone was so inviting, and was so easy to get along with that their only concern was getting the job done in a timely manner, and as safely as possible.
Pros
Flexible start times
Cons
when it rains, we dont work.
Inexperienced ownership
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 7, 2016
Concept is great
Owner-no previous restaurant experience treats business as hang out drinks everyday
2nd store underachieving plans to open 3rd anyway
Pros
Insurance, pay
Cons
Late nights, lack of advancement
Set schedule and no overtime
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 30, 2016
okay place to work but, the management needs to consider the employee more and give the employees more of a voice when it comes to decision making.
okay work place
teacher aide (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 14, 2016
its a okay work place, I get the hours I want sometimes it can get a little crazy but its fun you never know what to expect. I just need another job for school.
Coach
Coach/Support Coordinator; Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 20, 2015
A typical work day was educational. I learned how to communicate better. Management was poor and my co worker was great. The hardest part of my job was trying to find the dads employment. Seeing the dads and their families enjoying themselves.
Best place to learn the service industry!
Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2015
My typical work day started at 12 pm and end at 1 am. At this position I learned all aspects of running a full service bar and grill. I enjoyed working with my bosses and employee's. The hardest part of the day was the commute into San Jose. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the business grow into one of the top spots to grab a drink and dinner while watching sports games.
Pros
Great pay, job stability
Cons
commute
Great Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management Good team work among co-workers and management. Would recommend employment to a friend.
Extremely demanding and draining
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 29, 2015
I had to be at work one hour prior to the store opening if on opening shift and anywhere from one to two hours after store closed if on closing shift. The job is very fast paced and extremely demanding physically and mentally.
very diversified work environment, flexible work schedules
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 3, 2015
You are not a number at TAP and management listens and cares about the staff and the clients that we serve. Great place to work.
Families
Family Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 1, 2015
I loved working at TAP even though the caseload was enormous. The coordinators were always helpful. The most eating and meeting place I know.
Pros
People
Cons
large caseload and unmeetable deadlines.
Fun environment to work in
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 23, 2014
Was able to meet new people while making strides towards improving my future.
Good people, Solid Pipeline
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 12, 2014
It was great to work with TAP/Takeda for 10 years. I established great relationships with counterparts and customers. I was very pleased with my direct management throughout most of my tenure there. The culture changed from a family culture to a global culture which shook the confidence of job stability but their strong pipeline and ability to forecast industry climbs and falls has helped them deliver on their goals for employees.
I Liked the company it self, the customers was friendly.My coworkers was friendly,I loved the secretary position...I loved the job overall.
Secretary / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ROANOKE,VAJuly 16, 2014
I made appointments and screen people so that they can file their taxes. I did filing, making copies, and worked on the computer.
Very clean and inviting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 23, 2014
I was there with a class during my freshman year of high school to volunteer with the daycare and the employees there were very friendly and showed that they took care of the children with true love and compassion.
Excellent Billiards League
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 13, 2014
Great experience, However I was no longer able to devote the time needed for growth.
Takeda
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Traverse city MIMarch 26, 2014
Takeda is another giant Pharma company that is caught in the new health care change. They add employees and then downsize.
Extraordinary program and facilitators
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 10, 2013
Not enough stars to rate what they do for our teens. Turning their lives around to be productive and exemplary citizens!!! Love the job just not enough hours and being I am contracted not employed directly, no benefits, no compensations. Love it! If only the hours would increase. However it will not, due to it being a non profit organization.
Pros
Caring people with caring hearts who want to be and make the difference in the world.
Cons
no benefits, no compensations, need more hours only working 3 hrs a wk.
Fun to work with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAApril 22, 2013
Great to work with toddlers..Fun and fulfilling..Kids love to learn and are so honest..Love seeing reactions to new things
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAP. Our community is ready to answer.