TAPESTRY SOLUTIONS

TAPESTRY SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
I enjoy my work and my colleagues. We operate under the Boeing umbrella but with a small family mentality. Everyday is challenging and new opportunities arise frequently.
Former enlisted military management
VP, Logistics (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Servicing military customers
Cons: Inexperienced company leadership
The company developed and fielded the Army's Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3), a logistics system that the end-users hated and refused to use. Tapestry had solid programmers and engineers.
Most positive office environment I've experienced
Receptionist (temporary) (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, kitchen stocked with coffee/tea/snacks, hires many soon-to-be and recent college grads, positive/encouraging work environment, high percentage of long-term staff members, clearly defined goals for teams
I only spent 6 months with Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA office) while the long-term receptionist was out on maternity leave, but I could tell right away that the employees enjoyed working there; everyone was very friendly and there was a noticeable team spirit of team. Many staff members had been with Tap for years/decades, but I also felt welcome/comfortable from the start. The effort put into making the office as enjoyable as an office can be (ie: providing coffee, tea, oatmeal, soup, etc. throughout the day; an employee-operated snack bar; catered lunches; birthday parties) was pretty impressive too, and work hours were totally up to each individual depending on their preferences. I also thought it was awesome that they hire so many Cal Poly students, and that many continue working there after graduation. Overall, a great office environment.
Field Support Representative
Regional Manager / Field Support Representative (Current Employee), USMarch 9, 2014
For field support representatives there is zero upward mobility. We have become the very corporate culture we disliked so many years ago.

Management tells you one thing and does another. They do not have clear policies when it comes to taking care of the employee. They wing it.

At first it is great working there with the freedom you are given to do your job, but eventually that all wears off when you realize that you are just a number to them.
Great job but poor supervision
ICODES Customer Support Rep and Trainer (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CADecember 19, 2013
I had a great time and enjoyed my job but was let go without any warning and no reason other than the contract we had wasn't enough to support the staffing. I learned later that they took from our contract to pay other development projects.
Great place to work and great owner
Field Support Engineer (FSE)/ Instructor (Former Employee), San Diego, caMay 3, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: time away from the family
Working for Tapestry is what work should be about. The owners and management took care of the employees no mater where we were in world. I learned a lot about tracking systems to support the war fighters and know what a company can do when they are a great one. The people were all in the same page to get the work done and we all didn't stay under 40 hours to do it.
Creative and innovative logistics software company.
ITV Operations Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: great benefits and a family work environment.
Cons: not a lot of advancement opportunity for current department.
Must be able to multi-task well and complete a high number of daily reports and tasks.
Co-workers are like family.
Tough work schedule, must work weekends and holidays.
Lots of fun company functions, snack food, and company gym for all employees.
Dynamic, rewarding, efficient
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2012
This company provides a good network infrastructure, allowing me to work virtually anywhere. They had a very efficient work process, and most people seem to be really knowledgeable in their fields. They had a fairly reasonable performance based compensation system.

TAPESTRY SOLUTIONS Salaries