TAPESTRY SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Overall good experience.
Customer Support - Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 14, 2017
The company supports it's employees adequately. Work is somewhat cyclical (very busy times and slow times). Could use cross-training between departments.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
No advancement. Poor compensation.
Great work place
Veteran Software Tester (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 30, 2017
Tapestry has created a wonderful culture inside their company. They trained their employees thoroughly. The management was incredible; always accessible and very open minded. Work was fulfilling and exciting most day.
Pros
environment, fulfilling
Cons
everyone stayed so it was hard to move up
Great Company
Maintenance Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 20, 2017
Military experiences with great technology company. Travelled to Middle East with hands on experience with RSAF personnel and high level military officials.
Boring
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2015
I usually just picked a ticket up off of JIRA, worked on it until I figured it out or needed help. Cycle, rinse, repeat

I learned a little bit about modeling and simulations and logistics

Senior level management made some very obvious mistakes. This led to Tapestry Solutions upsetting the Omani Ministry of Defense. A lot of the management are military and work in more of a military fashion. While they are more supportive of their employees, there were some decisions that appeared sub par.

The co workers were probably the best part of the job. They actually were some of the best people I have worked with.

The hardest part of the job was going along with something I disagreed with but really couldn't do anything to change.

The best part was when I got to work with other employees at this company.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Senior level management
Part of the team
TC-AIMS II FSR (Current Employee) –  Bagram AfghanistanAugust 29, 2015
Tapestry Solutions is an excellent organization to work for. The leadership tend to engage lower level employees to boost career development. A fun workplace and learning environment that respect all employees equally.
Pros
Great benefits and positive work environment
Cons
N/a
One of the Best Software Engineering Companies in SLO
Software Developer, Part Time (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 1, 2015
Great company. I worked here while studying Computer Science at Cal Poly SLO. Very fast-growing company and flexible with students' hours. Great place to gain experience in industry.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, Flexible Hours
Great Place to Work
Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
I enjoy my work and my colleagues. We operate under the Boeing umbrella but with a small family mentality. Everyday is challenging and new opportunities arise frequently.
Former enlisted military management
VP, Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2015
The company developed and fielded the Army's Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3), a logistics system that the end-users hated and refused to use. Tapestry had solid programmers and engineers.
Pros
Servicing military customers
Cons
Inexperienced company leadership
Most positive office environment I've experienced
Receptionist (temporary) (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 2, 2014
I only spent 6 months with Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA office) while the long-term receptionist was out on maternity leave, but I could tell right away that the employees enjoyed working there; everyone was very friendly and there was a noticeable team spirit of team. Many staff members had been with Tap for years/decades, but I also felt welcome/comfortable from the start. The effort put into making the office as enjoyable as an office can be (ie: providing coffee, tea, oatmeal, soup, etc. throughout the day; an employee-operated snack bar; catered lunches; birthday parties) was pretty impressive too, and work hours were totally up to each individual depending on their preferences. I also thought it was awesome that they hire so many Cal Poly students, and that many continue working there after graduation. Overall, a great office environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, kitchen stocked with coffee/tea/snacks, hires many soon-to-be and recent college grads, positive/encouraging work environment, high percentage of long-term staff members, clearly defined goals for teams
Field Support Representative
Regional Manager / Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  USMarch 9, 2014
For field support representatives there is zero upward mobility. We have become the very corporate culture we disliked so many years ago.

Management tells you one thing and does another. They do not have clear policies when it comes to taking care of the employee. They wing it.

At first it is great working there with the freedom you are given to do your job, but eventually that all wears off when you realize that you are just a number to them.
Great job but poor supervision
ICODES Customer Support Rep and Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CADecember 19, 2013
I had a great time and enjoyed my job but was let go without any warning and no reason other than the contract we had wasn't enough to support the staffing. I learned later that they took from our contract to pay other development projects.
Great place to work and great owner
Field Support Engineer (FSE)/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, caMay 3, 2013
Working for Tapestry is what work should be about. The owners and management took care of the employees no mater where we were in world. I learned a lot about tracking systems to support the war fighters and know what a company can do when they are a great one. The people were all in the same page to get the work done and we all didn't stay under 40 hours to do it.
Pros
The people
Cons
time away from the family
Creative and innovative logistics software company.
ITV Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2012
Must be able to multi-task well and complete a high number of daily reports and tasks.
Co-workers are like family.
Tough work schedule, must work weekends and holidays.
Lots of fun company functions, snack food, and company gym for all employees.
Pros
great benefits and a family work environment.
Cons
not a lot of advancement opportunity for current department.
Dynamic, rewarding, efficient
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2012
This company provides a good network infrastructure, allowing me to work virtually anywhere. They had a very efficient work process, and most people seem to be really knowledgeable in their fields. They had a fairly reasonable performance based compensation system.