Taproot Foundation Employee Reviews

Pro-active foundation helping to mentor college students.
Pro-bono marketing director. (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 28, 2016
Great people striving to make a difference in young peoples lives.
Identifying and helping first-time college students to succeed through mentoring and scholarships.
Dedicated and smart management and staff.
Pros
Work worth doing.
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2016
taproot is a group of dedicated and service oriented consultants and professionals.
• HR generalist & strategist on volunteer management project for Taproot
• Responsible for employee relations, engagement matrix, to measure the impact across teams.
• Designed communication, training framework to improve consistency and effectiveness.
• Lead on communication & supervision; check in process and implementing control measures
Great Pro-Bono HR Organization
HR Strategist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2016
Great opportunity to help small non profit companies with their HR challenges. Most of the opportunities are located in Washington, D.C. and are easily accessible via public transportation.
Pro Bono Consulting Program Offers Opportunities to Help and Grow
Pro Bono Consultant - Marketing Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Taproot is a great opportunity to be helpful to non-profits on a part-time basis. It's entirely volunteer, but expects its consultants to be responsible and reliable and to really give their all to every project. It's a great opportunity to enhance existing skills and to meet new people as well as to help non-profits with difficult challenges.
Pros
Get to solve problems, Great people, Doing Meaningful work
Cons
Can be difficult to get staffed on jobs
Very organized and rewarding environment
(Marketing Manager) Pro-Bono Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
Taproot Foundation made it very easy to make a difference like i wanted to. It gave me the opportunity to work with some amazing professionals and organizations. I was able to keep my skills updated and garner new skills whilst working on Taproot projects.
An emotionally rewarding experience while still growing my career as a communicator.
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2016
In April 2015, after nine years at the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association, I resigned my position as associate vice president of communications to pursue the cliché "other opportunities."

A former supervisor (and former Taproot Foundation volunteer) encouraged me to seek out those so-called "opportunities" with Taproot. It is a 10-year-old organization that connects nonprofits with professionals to share their expertise pro bono.

I was immediately selected as a team participant to develop a first-ever annual report for Green Door, one of D.C.'s oldest and highest-rated mental health providers. The project concluded and I did, indeed, find the experience emotionally rewarding while still growing my career as a communicator. During this time, I remained committed to my profession and registered for webcasts and seminars offered through the Public Relations Society of America, of which I have been a long-standing member.

As a Taproot consultant, I am currently working to assist the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization to define its identity and create a brand to reflect the organization's mission and vision.

This only consumes a few hours a week, and I am now actively in the process of a job search for part-time employment or project work.
Great
Pro Bono Consultant, Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2016
Great organization and it makes more sense to volunteer with taproot foundation to help the non profit organizations achieve they goals and help them get the support they need.

I like to help those kind of organizations
Great place to learn new skills and add value to non profit organisations
Pro bono Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2015
Much of the work is done remotely.You get to be part of projects and engagements and get hands on experience and insight in managing projects from start to finish.It is a great place for cross training too.
Productive and fun place to work
Pro Bono Consultant, Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Great non-profit to work for. They are knowledgeable and provide comprehensive resources for their consultants. Staff is friendly.

As a pro bono consultant I am an account director, identifying other consultants to work on teams for client assignments. Most enjoyable is meeting with the clients and learning about their organizations. Also working with a variety of highly intelligent experienced professionals.
Pros
Great place to work as a consultant. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Great resources
Flexible corporate structure and wonderful people
Project Manager Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2014
Taproot is a wonderful foundation delivering help to local non-profits. Without them providing professional assistance within the local community many non-profits wouldn't be around.
Pros
Flexible calendar and great people
Small, but tight-knit and productive
Advisory Services Fellow (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Lots of responsibility, being at the intersection of the corporate and nonprofit worlds is a great feeling. Staff members really do work with fellows in their professional development. However, it's not paid.
Great mission, use of talents
Head Writer, Pro-Bono Team (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2013
Taproot is putting pro-bono on the map, which is awesome. The materials I was able to write and be a large part of helped non-profits raise awareness and funds in a way that they would never be able to without Taproot's help. Great organization.
A great place to volunteer with other smart, community-oriented folks
Pro Bono Marketing and Brand Strategist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2012
This is purely a work from the heart. My passion for non-profit and other quality of life enhancing organizations drove me to apply for this opportunity and commence sharing my expertise with organizations in search of a new point of view. It's been an amazing experience!
Pros
great network of people both within and outside the organization
Cons
not much - only that we are confined to work only on the project as presented.