TARA CARES Employee Reviews

Poor managment
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 27, 2017
Poor management, company is not growing, actually it is going in a a downward direction. The company is not selective in their hiring and unskilled people are being hired, with the turn around rate at an all time high.
I love my job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2017
I love my job I'm just looking for more stability more hours the job is very hard work but I enjoy working with others I'm a very hard worker and I like to get the job done
Pros
I can take my time
Cons
Night shift
My job experience
MDS/Care Plan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 31, 2017
I enjoy my job. I started as a supervisor and really enjoyed working the weekends . Enjoyed the staff. Most of who was seasoned lpn. That was really self sufficient. This company allow you to move up and across
Horrible place to work
Ancillary biller (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 29, 2017
Horrible management. They don't care about their employees. No room for moving up from your job. Horrible benefits. Manager was very rude and not understanding.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Working there
No room for advancement, Horrible Manager, decent pay
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tara CaresMarch 23, 2017
Full-time, benefits, PTO.
Mundane, hostile environment, no advancement. No diversity. Mgr petty, knit-picky, egotistical & on a constant power trip.
Pros
Established Company. Consistent Income.
Cons
Poor Managers & Healthcare Benefits
Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Not a good place to work, very high turn over not a good place to work. Salary paid position.nothing else to say about this place at all...
A Good Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 6, 2016
I learned a great deal working with a very knowledgeable,caring staff and very well organized, dedicated management. Pay and benefits are competitive.
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 3, 2016
By far the best place I have ever worked. Friendly considerate staff and expert management. Sorry I had to leave after 7 short years but followed spouse to another city.Lots of opportunity for upward movement. A great place.
A Great Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 29, 2016
I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn and advance. Work can be diffcult but you get out of it what you put in.Fair benefits and fair pay.
Horrible company.
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 6, 2015
Company owner is very proud to bi-polar (so much so, that his license plate says BI-POLAR) , and that creates a culture of pure anarchy.

Management is by far the worst of come across in my lifetime.

Compensation and benefits are definitely sub par.
Pros
Cons
Working here
I worked for Tara Cares for 10 years.
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2015
Overall, it was a great company to work for. I started out at Pleasant Grove as a med cart nurse, then a treatment nurse. Transferred to Florence after the state shut down Pleasant Grove. Was initially a wound care consultant. Then the interim ADNS, a unit manager, then the Staff Development Coordinator. I was sent to Mobile to train the new Staff Development Coordinator. After I got back to Florence, they called me and offered me the position in Mobile. I transferred to Mobile where I was the Staff Development Coordinator.
by far the worst company ive ever worked for
hr (Former Employee) –  farmervilleMarch 9, 2015
How i lasted any time at all at a Tara Cares supported facility i will never know....horrible management...no benefits....totally uncaring owners. And the new VP for the Louisiana homes is a joke ! His favorite saying is "I DONT CARE"...and believe me when I say he doesnt....everyone is more concerned about the bottom dollar than they ever are about resident care....and employees dont have a chance. Avoid these facilities of at all possible !
Pros
Cons
too numerous to mention
It is better than nothing.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 15, 2015
If you had to choose between this and losing your house or car, I guess you could pick this place. The management is atrocious, and unable to handle their own duties, and the burden of fault is placed directly on you. 80 - 90 hour work weeks four months a year, with no thank you, and no appreciation. If you have another option, or are looking for something short term, this place will suffice. People come and go here, due to the lack of communication, appreciation, and competence of people above you.
Pros
The paychecks never bounces
Cons
everything else
Temporary Position
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2014
Medicare HMO billing for Nursing facilities. Contracted position; worked for less then desired contracted length.
Awful ... unless you enjoy a hostile work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 23, 2014
Wages significantly below standard rates, reviews and raises delayed for many months, terrible healthcare, terrible benefits. They have third day sick so, it's a bacteria farm in the winter because no one can afford to lose two days pay and stay home when they're actually sick.

While some managers were acceptable, others were petty and unprofessional.

It's obvious that the owners' goal was to wring as much labor out of their staff with as small a budget as possible. The result was that workloads were so heavy and there was so little coverage that it was extremely difficult to take any of benefit time offered.

As for the culture: pot stirring and negativity were rampant. The result of unhappy, under appreciated, underpaid staff?

The most toxic work environment I've ever encountered. If you're a nice person, run.`
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
Substandard wages, benefits, toxic culture
Young company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 2, 2012
Young Company that has great potential. Lacks having clear mission, vision, and values that is in the day-to-day operations.
Pros
excellent compensation at management level
Cons
young company lacking clear vision and values