TARA CARES Employee Reviews

I worked for Tara Cares for 10 years.
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2015
Overall, it was a great company to work for. I started out at Pleasant Grove as a med cart nurse, then a treatment nurse. Transferred to Florence after the state shut down Pleasant Grove. Was initially a wound care consultant. Then the interim ADNS, a unit manager, then the Staff Development Coordinator. I was sent to Mobile to train the new Staff Development Coordinator. After I got back to Florence, they called me and offered me the position in Mobile. I transferred to Mobile where I was the Staff Development Coordinator.
by far the worst company ive ever worked for
hr (Former Employee), farmervilleMarch 9, 2015
Cons: too numerous to mention
How i lasted any time at all at a Tara Cares supported facility i will never know....horrible management...no benefits....totally uncaring owners. And the new VP for the Louisiana homes is a joke ! His favorite saying is "I DONT CARE"...and believe me when I say he doesnt....everyone is more concerned about the bottom dollar than they ever are about resident care....and employees dont have a chance. Avoid these facilities of at all possible !
It is better than nothing.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the paychecks never bounces
Cons: everything else
If you had to choose between this and losing your house or car, I guess you could pick this place. The management is atrocious, and unable to handle their own duties, and the burden of fault is placed directly on you. 80 - 90 hour work weeks four months a year, with no thank you, and no appreciation. If you have another option, or are looking for something short term, this place will suffice. People come and go here, due to the lack of communication, appreciation, and competence of people above you.
Temporary Position
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2014
Medicare HMO billing for Nursing facilities. Contracted position; worked for less then desired contracted length.
Awful ... unless you enjoy a hostile work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: it was close to my house
Cons: substandard wages, benefits, toxic culture
Wages significantly below standard rates, reviews and raises delayed for many months, terrible healthcare, terrible benefits. They have third day sick so, it's a bacteria farm in the winter because no one can afford to lose two days pay and stay home when they're actually sick.

While some managers were acceptable, others were petty and unprofessional.

It's obvious that the owners' goal was to wring – more... as much labor out of their staff with as small a budget as possible. The result was that workloads were so heavy and there was so little coverage that it was extremely difficult to take any of benefit time offered.

As for the culture: pot stirring and negativity were rampant. The result of unhappy, under appreciated, underpaid staff?

The most toxic work environment I've ever encountered. If you're a nice person, run.` – less
Young company
Executive Director (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: excellent compensation at management level
Cons: young company lacking clear vision and values
Young Company that has great potential. Lacks having clear mission, vision, and values that is in the day-to-day operations.