Job Title: Bookkeeper/ Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Support Services
Primary Location: USA-CA: San Diego
Remote Work Authorized: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Security Clearance: Not Required
Job Posted: 17 December, 2012
Description: Perform bookkeeping tasks using Quickbooks Pro and perform other administrative duties for small business office providing cyber security services to government and industry in San Diego, California. Candidate must be a US citizen, with an impeccable record that would not preclude obtaining a Secret Clearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain books of account using QuickBooks.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Professionally answer phones and respond to emails.
- Create, edit, and print a variety of correspondence, spreadsheets, graphic presentations, and reports.
- Ensure proper format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain electronic filing system and verify the accuracy of the data in the records.
- Arrange meetings and record minutes.
- Communicate and coordinate with bank, accountant, vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure all office equipment is in working order. Maintain adequate levels of office supplies.
- Provide a variety of administrative support services for the office including mail sorting, scanning, filing, shredding, packaging and shipping.
- Assemble proposal packages and integrate inputs from team members.
- Track active tasks and schedule appointments.
- Book employee travel.
- Minimum two years experience in office operations and administrative functions
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat desired
- Experience with Microsoft Project desired
- Experience with government-compliant bookkeeping practices a plus
- Professional appearance
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Cost proposal experience a plus
To apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume. Cover letter must indicate your level of experience, hourly rate, and whether you have current references.