Targa Resources Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very high pace and had something to look foward to waking up every day going to work.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Coalton, OKAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work is really unpredictable because anything can happen at any given moment. I learned new things like how to set valve lashes on the units.
Pros
lunch bought every other week.
Some Managers are not good for the company. Some of the women are attacking men. In general most Managers are ok.
Sr. Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I think it should look in to the practices of there managers. in general is you exclude the bullies of the company it id not s bad company to work for.
Enjoyed actual position - not the management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXJune 30, 2017
Typical work day included pulling fuel samples from pipelines, trucks and railcars and reporting findings.
Learned how to pull, calibrate, read and report sample findings
The direct supervisor treated employees unfairly and was extremely disrespectful.
There isn't a specific training program, it's learn as you go or you don't learn and be terminated.
The hardest part of the job is finding someone willing to train properly
The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing how to do my job on my own and performing the job right.
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
Supervisor disrespectful and no proper training
A very anti-employee environment in IT
Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
The company changed from all contractors to employees last year. they do not know how to treat an actual employee. It all depends on your manager whether you can work from home for doctor appointments or you need to be home for a plumber or something.
Stablity
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
Overall Targa is a good company to work for. I have been fortunate to see many years here but when it comes to advancement among its employees, you have to be in good with upper management. Hard work does not play a vital role in promotion but rather who you know to say the least.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Slow to promote
Great comany with excellent pay and benefits
Sr. Gas Controller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2017
The company is excellent. Their was not much room for advancement, however. Work and family balance was more geared towards work as well. I didn't feel that employees were empowered enough to make decisions.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare
Cons
Overtime minimal, leaders were not empowered
Lead Accountant Gas Plant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
Leadership was not empowered to perform necessary functions to guide teams effectively always overshadowed by upper management. Not always possible to trust leadership as a result.
Good job with excellent benefits!! Good home time and run mostly regional.
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2017
This company is good to work for. Highly recommend. Benefits are top of the list! Hauling LPG is a constant learning trade and obviously one to not take lightly but we are compensated for that. Paid for most everything you do.
Pros
Flexible dispatch and with awesome benefit packages!
Cons
Can be slow at times in summer but the company usually will keep you busy.
I&E Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Targa Resources is great place to work. The compensation is right and the people are fantastic. The training budgets and resources available to the employee are incredible. They're relaxed policies and culture make one feel at home and the professional latitude and respect they afford their employees is exceptional!
very HR conscious safe reliable place to work
employee (Current Employee) –  TargaFebruary 20, 2017
A safe steady reliable place to work. Targa has good benefits and pay. Targa pushes for excellence which can be a pro and a con.
Pros
steady work with good benefits
Cons
short breaks early leave late no compensation. no freedom to make mistakes
Lots of great co-workers but be ready to never go home!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Belvieu,TXFebruary 7, 2017
The general work environment is pretty good but you can expect very high work loads and long hours with a below average pay system.
Typical day pigging the pipeline
Assited the Pipeline Integrity Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDFebruary 1, 2017
All the piggers head to there assigned field and lauch and recieve pigs. I was responsible for the supplies they needed on a daily basis. I learned alot from leading them, because i got to know all there different personalities.
Great Work Enviorment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Crane, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work, friendly staff helpful people and all around great place to work. Good hours plenty of chances for advancement.
Always had something to do always learning.
Good management and people with good attitudes
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 28, 2016
Started work at the Sandhills gas plant and was a good job. I enjoyed working with the people there and was a great experience. I then moved to the field and enjoy it even more.
Pros
Good employs and management
Cons
Work environment
good learning experience
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXOctober 22, 2016
On a typical work day we make line ups, maintain and operate pipelines and storage wells, displace different products, maintain brine pond levels, run the boards in the control room, lock out tag out pumps and different equipment. I have learned a great deal about plant operations here. Also the operations department. The co-workers here are great. Easy to get along with.
Pros
great people to work with on shift
Cons
the pay is below par
Great company
Deal Entry Coordinator/Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2016
Great company to work for, they really take care of their employees. As an employee who seeks job growth, there is so much opportunity here for promotion within.
Great company to work for
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2016
Management, coworkers, etc were all pleasant to be around. The company taught me to think critically about business aspects such as return on investments, expansion, and acquisitions.
Productive and safe
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Good company to work for. Safe work place and very productive team. Always someone willing to teach new things for those wanting to learn.
Management lost
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2016
I worked there and management talks bad about you if your not on there side. No room to grow within company. This terminal is almost a fly by night operation. The office and operators are on different levels and the right doesn't know what the left is doing. The terminal manager is lacking in leadership or better yet very unprofessional and micro manages. You wonder why people leave because it feels more like a babysitters club.

The best part of the job was telling other co workers I'm going to get experience and move on from this place.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Only management got shares operators got nothing but a 401k
Boring
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 21, 2016
I work in Tacoma and management is terrible. Really they have no idea what's going on and any time you ask for info you get a blank stare. You get micromanaged. My coworker's are spacey and crazy and I don't know how they have a job?? They make me want to cry on the regular. I am bored most of the day cause there is nothing going on. Just kinda rotting away honestly. Maybe the jobs are way better in Texas?
Pros
flexible hours, 401k
Cons
people are annoying