Target Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Certified/Licensed Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Moorpark, CAAugust 25, 2015
Interesting company to work for. Have had good and bad management experiences. Overall I've been here almost 6 years so I am fairly happy.
Amazing management and job
District Pharmacy Team Trainer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Pros: target
Cons: retail
Great job in all aspects in regards to management, hours, pacing, and job satisfaction. As far as retail pharmacy goes, probably the best job.
Consistant hours, bad management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management was always stressed out- domino effect went to the employees.
Starting out, workplace was great! Great learning experience, opportunities to advance, fun co-workers. Every day we all met for a meeting to keep everyone on the same page. The hardest part of the job was just keeping up with all the changes, constantly changing daily jobs and constantly changing management. It seemed like we were constantly short staffed too.
highly recmended
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 14, 2015
it was amazing work place...................................................................................................................
Hectic sometimes but rewarding afterward
Pharmacy Technician Certified (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 11, 2015
The job can get extremely stressful but at the end, it had helped more people got medicines that needed for their health.
Standard retail enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 11, 2015
Learned about pharmacy workflow and procedures. Retail portion of the job was challenging. Staff was supportive. Company as good benefits.
Working with Medication
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Everett, MAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: your helping someone out in life.
Cons: transportation
i enjoy working together as a team. i'm a very adaptable person who can get along with anyone. i enjoy helping people to get better and live longer to enjoy their life. i've been told i make a great asset to any team i am inflate with. my co worker enjoy having me around because i make everyone feel as if we are working together as a friend. hardest part about the job would be the commute to work.
Fast, Fun and Friendly
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: low pay
Pharmacy was a cool place to work, pharmacists were nice. The key is get in with a good staff. They also aid in obtaining pharmacy tech license
Target has an independent feel while also being a chain store
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 30, 2015
Target is very diverse with friendly staff and colleagues. They celebrate individuality and diversity. It has an independent feel and is a good place to work.
Phamacy Manager
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Webster, NYJuly 25, 2015
In charge of medication review, dispensing, technician supervision and overall patient satisfaction. Also responsible for flu clinics and coordination with other departments of the store.
Target is a great place to work, I worked in the Pharmacy, so my team-members were great to work to work with, The pay was good.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 23, 2015
Cons: You have to open a "Target debit card in order to receive the 20% employee discount.
A typical day in the Pharmacy at Target was accurately entering prescription information and completing Return to Stock (RTS) report daily, Resolving Third Party Rejections, and completing any manual claims. Going through drugs making sure none of them were out-of-date or expired. Providing the highest level of Customer Service in all situations. Perform all register transactions. Performing daily inventory of drugs that were on the shelf.
No recognition in pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: downtown location
Cons: pay, management, pointless changes in the pharmacy
Instead of keeping good employess they constantly want to switch out team members and make them "brand". Hight turnover rate and the store team lead was horrible with building relationships with team members. Other executive team leads were the same way. The pay was poor compared to other tech positions. Target was also more concerned with red card, rewards and other things and they really should have been concerned about patient safety. More time should be taken on verifying the patients information and counseling and not so much worrying about a red card.
Learned Customer Service
Pharmacy Technician Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: on hands pharmacy experience
Cons: short breaks
I was Able to use my knowledge of pharmacy from college. Enjoyed my experience at Target Pharmacy. I Filled and dispensed medications; effectively dealt with with and resolved insurance rejections and other issues. I was able to manage drug and supply inventories. I provided assistance to registered pharmacists and pharmacy customers.
Excellent
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 20, 2015
LLF is a place where you can plant roots and make a long term career out of what you're doing. The nature and purpose of the work will make you proud. The benefits and pay are awesome. Training is made fun but is very comprehensive. Employees show so much respect. You will never feel worthless or underpaid.
fast,fun, and enjoyable work invironment
Extern (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: the oppertunaty to learrn physically.
Cons: that it was just a shjort term possion would have liked to stay.
although it was an extern sight for me it allowed me the opportunity to hone in on all the possible skills I had studied for in school, it allowed me to adapt in an actual environment of a fast pace setting such as the process of receiving the prescription to filling and having it ready for the customer rather then being in a class environment were it takes a bit longer to practice the steps of being a technician.
My experience about WORK!
Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2015
I started working as a Recreation Aid Assistant in Japan for MWR company. I learned many things about my job and duties. For example, I prepare a meal for the children's and make an activity program before and after school. Even though job was tough but I manage to keep up with it and it's worth because it was fun for me working with children's. The management was fantastic. My supervisor is always friendly to his/her employees. Also my co-workers were fun to work with because we have team work. We always work together as a team. Sometimes jobs is not always easy for other people and sometimes I have a hard times dealing with kids. But I kept my composure to finish my job which I did.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Milton, MAJune 3, 2015
TARGET is a nice place to work and learn. Co workers are open to learn from you as well.
I like working there, I just wish I can have more hours and work full time.
good retail location
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Good location to work for retail pharmacy- very steady but not overly busy. However, it was so long ago that I cannot currently give an accurate review
Great co-workers and customer base
executive part-time Pharmacist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 22, 2015
Pros: benefit package for part-time Pharmacist
Cons: no private consultation area
Target Pharmacy is a fairly aggressive retail setting for outpatient community Pharmacy. I feel they want the Pharmacy to be a valuable part of the Target Team. Not sure what the current Target Pharmacy physical layout in terms of MTM and Clinical services means for the future of Target Pharmacy. My store has no private consultation area for an example. Target does have an excellent computer system for filling prescriptions and inventory control. I have excellent co-workers who are dedciated to their jobs. I most enjoy my customers and help[ing them reach their healthcare goals.
You learn
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 17, 2015
Pros: breaks always, teamwork setting, work gossip
Cons: work gossip, busy, no down time
Working in a fast pharmacy teaches you work ethics. You'll never feel like you have a hard job when your first job is one of the busiest phrams.