Target
10,445 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Target
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Fenton, MODecember 18, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: differemt hours all the time
Seasonal work, was fast paced and friendly. Management was very understanding and up lifting. Hardest part of my job was finding out where everything went on the sales floor.
Target Employee
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rowlett, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: late nights
I worked at Target during high school. It is a great job to gain experience in, and would definitely recommend Target to anyone interested in work.
Overall a Good Starting Place
Sales Floor/Cashier (Current Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 18, 2014
I learned all the basics of working a job and all of the responsibilities to go with it. I had to take care of reshop and cleaning up the store. I also had to make sure our guests were getting everything they need. After leaving I was offered a higher position and I was able to learn much more.
productive
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Largo, MDDecember 18, 2014
Standing for long periods of time helping customers and keep the sales floor stocked and neat.i learned how to a lot of different things like reception, pharmacist. Ienjoyed helping people the most
Don't make a mistake, or they might fire you.
Executive Group Leader (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCDecember 18, 2014
Great pay, great hours, good benefits. Don't miss a deadline though!
great company
Sales associate, cart attendant and cashier (Former Employee), Marysville, WADecember 18, 2014
fun, fast paced company. good people and good managers. goo pay and benefits.
Great experience but very demanding
Executive Team Leader Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2014
This is a great company to gain experience and build leadership skills. However, it very demanding in the retail environment, long hours at some times and difficult to balance work/home life at times. Compensation/pay and benefits is higher than most retail companies, but still does not match the work you put in.
Work and go home
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Garner, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: discount card
Cons: low hours
Very short and easy job. You just come in and do the work for a few and go home.
Great leaders and supportive environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, training for different departments, etls would provide dinners and or snacks for team members. caring management. ability to move up.
Cons: pay rate. overtime is not available. raises not sufficient.
I worked at three different targets within the two years I was employed with them. It is a great environment to work for, every store I was at the team leaders were great and the ETLs were always supportive and fun. They are always willing to help train you in any department you are interested in, I was trained in Customer Service/Cashier/Softlines/Grocery/Pharmacy/Starbucks/Cash – more... Office as well as Team Leader responsibilities. If you have drive and determination then it is a good place to work and you can be moved up to Team lead position quickly. One thing I did not like was that OT was not allowed, and the pay wasn't that great. Performance reviews were done every year but the raises were not that adequate, maybe 50 cents. Overall though I did love working for Target and I honestly miss the atmosphere that they provided. The upper management always did their best to make sure that the team members were happy. Doing small things from catching up with each of us with one-on-ones or big gestures like buying all the team members pizza for dinner in the break room. – less
Good people to work with,
Sales Floor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2014
Working at target was a typical retail job, but had enjoyable people work with. The most enjoyable part was helping people and making their shopping experience easer.
Fun place to work, good people, hard changes
Cashier (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discount on product, holiday pay
Cons: lack of communication, confusing management, biased opininons
Was a good place to work, but managment went wrong with accusing me about damaging property when I never did. That put a damper on my opininon about them. Was never able to get around management to move around different areas of the store when I was promised to be trained elsewhere and just got stuck doing carts. Was cut hours after they hired somewhere – more... around 100 people, most of them was cashiers. Had to move and was promised a transfer, but that was not communicated well at all so they said I had quit when I only wanted to transfer. – less
Horrible workplace
Sales Floor (Current Employee), Redwood City, CADecember 17, 2014
I am very overqualified for the position I am doing and the job offers no upward movement, everyone in management is younger than me and very inexperienced, I feel like the current workforce are guinea pigs to see what will happen. I do the same easy repetitive tasks everyday and get bored out of my mind, the best thing about the job is the coworkers, – more... there is nothing else good about the job. – less
Fun workplace
sales floor (Current Employee), MODecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with people.
Fast Paced and Great Team
Flow Team Trainer (Current Employee), Olympia, WADecember 17, 2014
Typical day for me is that I start work a 4am. We unload the Truck then we push product to the floor for the business day. The workers are friendly. Management will work around student school schedule.
Busy environment
Stock room team Leader (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 17, 2014
Busy busy all day long. from the time you get to work to the time you get off your going be doing something,
Fast Fun Friendly
Perishable Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: recognition from great guests
Cons: lunch breaks arent long enough
Great place to work. Even in the crazy mayhem of the holidays the store always manages to look amazing.
Good experience
Senior Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VADecember 17, 2014
Good experience for using cctv and other surveillance. Also, good for interviewing someone caught stealing
The Team members are amazing.
Cashier-Sales Floor (Current Employee), Antioch, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: team members
Cons: managment
I enjoyed being on the softlines team at my store because my team is amazing but, the management and wasn't very pleasant at times. i would typically handle customer service: helping guest and handling money.
team member
Team Member (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXDecember 16, 2014
a lot expected from you for what they are willing to pay. lots expected in short time
Depends on your TL
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Azusa, CADecember 16, 2014
It could be good and not so good depending on your position and team lead

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more