Target
11,433 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Only if you have to
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Germantown, TNMarch 3, 2015
If you enjoy working with people and working with a team then this is the job. The pay is very low and management is poor but if you need the money all of that can be overlooked I guess. You will deal with very rude customers and a disrespectful management team.
Target Corporation
Senior Group Manager Financial and Retail Services (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 3, 2015
High Paced Environment
Leadership focused on critical capabilities
Outstanding team
Development Focused Leaderhship Team
Definately Fast, Fun & Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: plenty of growth, lots of 'friend making'
Cons: upgrades to store schmatics can become a headache
I love the environment that Target offers. They make changes daily, but definitely changes that make a difference. They listen to the complaints/concerns of both the guests & the team and weight them constructively. They are fast to resolve any issues that may arise.
Taget
Guest Service Assistant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILMarch 3, 2015
As a guest service assistant I learn how to manage several team members while making sure I make all guest demands. Being a manager is challenging but I love being in charge.
Executive manager for all logistics and inventory control teams and processes
Executive Team Leader Logistics (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 3, 2015
Working for Target at the store level is a wild ride. There is never the same day twice, which is both exciting and challenging. A typical day starts with a walk of my store to see any opportunities relating to stock issues or incoming product that could be displayed based on seasonality, holidays, or upcoming local events. I then meet with the four team leaders under my alignment to pass any communication I have received from headquarters or our distribution center. I additionally will get a general idea for what their team's workload will look like and ask for adjustments to be made if I see a need. If I'm the acting store manager for the day, my duties will become running the whole store. If not, I'll spend time with the teams under my alignment to build relationships, develop and train, and recognize good performance. This time is also spent looking for logistics metrics for my store as well as sales performance to see where the biggest wins and opportunities are. I will then spend time auditing my process in areas that need improvement to ensure we are on best practice and adjustments are being made to improve performance.

The biggest thing I've learned working in Target is that my team is a direct reflection of me. My attitude, urgency in work, and goals are reflected in my team's performance. I think that's what I've come to love about management and sales. The harder I work, more positivity I show, and higher bar I set, my teams always rise to the occasion.

Target is a community of people I really enjoy working with. Retail is one of the most stressful work environments – more... I have ever seen, and that organized chaos brings people together to form bonds that get you through the tough times.

I won't at all miss working every single holiday and most weekends. I've worked every holiday the past three years, and simple things like having Thanksgiving with your family is something that I truly miss. This has been a major factor in my decision to leave the company and retail industry as a whole.

My favorite part of the job is two things...Helping my team members promote, and reflecting on our results at the end of the year. There is no better feeling than hiring someone, working with them to develop their skills, and then seeing them promote. Helping someone else achieve their life goals is incredibly rewarding for me. Secondly, the end of the fiscal year is a party for my team. We go over all our operational scores and sales and reflect on all the hard work and commitment we put into those results. It's necessary to give them the fire to push it even more the next year. – less
Target believes in branding.
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: target will give you a chance if they determine you can help them achieve their goals.
Cons: learn to be a teamplayer, stay one step ahead of management by knowing your job as well as theirs.
Target's mission is to make Target your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and exceptional guest experiences by consistently fulfilling our Expect More. Pay Less.® brand promise.

Target applies their mission to their hiring process as well. Job competition and job stability go hand in hand. You have to join this corporate family knowing what the corporation's values and mission are and what the company's daily goals are to stay in step with their expected growth and change. If you are able to accomplish this then job stability is found. If you are not able to keep up with change and form relationships with the corporate family within the first quarter of employment then competition shows itself and those that can compete last with this company.
Challenging work enviroment with diverse teams.
Store Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 3, 2015
Typical work day is fast paced and requires the ability to multitask at a high level. Results are quantifiable measurable and rewarding..
Work/Life balance can become a personal opportunity if not managed.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks and healthcare plans are too expensive
The team members are great to work with and it is a team work place. The management is also great, they are always there to help if needed and always involve team members in everything. They also have things for us such as pizza parties and drawings and contests.
Seasonal Employee
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee), Fresno, CaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: seasonal
I had a nice job at the time I need a employer.
I loved being busy and interacting with customers learning new skills to make my journey forward.
THE ATMOSPHERE, THE WORKERS
Logistic Asset Management consultant (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDMarch 3, 2015
I ENJOYED THE SCHEDULE OF THIS JOB. THE LOCATION WAS GREAT. WAS NOT RARELY THE GREAT BUT IT WORKED. MANAGEMENT WAS THAT CO-OPERATIVE WHEN IT CAN TO MY MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.
a posive fun work place
sales floor (Former Employee), baxter mnMarch 3, 2015
Pros: breaks and lunch
Cons: helthcare
shraighted shelves and racks made sure that they where free from dust and dirt help our guess find the things that they where looking for
team work
managed the area that i was assied too
we all were a team player
trying to make sure that every part of the store was cleaned
winning rainderer run
fun place to work with good people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Forest Lake, MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not much room for advancement.
it was a fun place to work. The people you work with are nice people including management. if you are happy staying at the sane job tittle the entire time you are there then you will enjoy it.
Guest Service
Cashier/Guest Service (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: potential tuition assistance
Cons: short breaks, management
I normally work the weekends so it can be pretty busy and we are extremely understaffed so that adds a lot of stress to my job as well. Target is not a bad place to work but it's who you work with that makes your job enjoyable or not.
Push people very hard fast paced work enviorment
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 3, 2015
Fast paced yet has a huge turnover rate because of the lack of hours they give you. Its a fun place to work but can get frustrating with the lack of training you receive.
productive and fun workplace
Wireless Associate (Current Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 3, 2015
This job has been and is a fun environment to be a part of. It has challenging requirements but is worth the hard work. The management is ok and is definitely there to help you through your everyday activities.
Don't expect to move up in this Store!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: co-workers, discount
Cons: pay, hours, management, work environment, training
Poor management, horrible pay/hours, stressful environment, and weak training. Basically the only good part about working here is some of the people you might meet. As most of the team members say about how Target treats the employee's "Expect more out of you, while paying you less."
Fast..Fun..Friendly
Clerical (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great people, fun atmosphere
Cons: some of the management
Great place to work, would recommend it to some one who wants a part time job. i truely enjoyed workding with the team members i had. I learned how to multi task very well.
Good company to work for
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Vauxhall, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: healthcare, perks
Cons: pay increase
Target is a great company to work for. Their benefits are top notch and the business structure is solid. I would consider the management average, in terms of the store that I worked for. However, the management structure for the company is very well designed for optimal efficiency and communication. The thing that I found most enjoyable about the job, were the team members. There was a dull moment there.
Absolutely terrible management and not a fun place to work
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 2, 2015
Pros: food in the break room every so often, some great coworkers
Cons: horrid management, rude customers, terrible pay, long hours, etc.
The work at Target is fairly routine: stock the shelves, straighten the shelves in your designated area, do reshop for your area until you are told you can leave, all while helping the cashiers when they get behind and helping needy, ungrateful, rude customers. The management is by far the worst part of the job. Huge problems with micro-managing and a general passive nature toward anything the lowly "team" members have to say. However, the co-workers will more than likely be the best friends you ever have because you will all suffer together. My overall opinion is it is a greedy corporation with overpriced merchandise and a disrespectful nature towards its customers, but more so its employees.
Great place to be a part of
Target Electronics Team Member (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, flexible scheduling
Cons: pay could be more, no commision for upselling products
Target is a great organization to be a a part of where there is room to grow or gain additional training for different departments. I cross-trained in multiple departments where I gained customer service experience, as well as logistics knowledge. Everyone is really friendly and and willing to help or assist if needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more