Target
9,032 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Cashier
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: 10% off anything in the stores
Cons: short time, went by so fast!!
It was great working there. Getting up early to go to work was fun!
A Hard Working Day
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: raises
The most enjoyable part of Target is working with my fellow team members. Everyday I go there its always a positive envirorment.
terrible management but large workload
Logistics Flow Team Member (Current Employee), market street, winchester vaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: ... a paycheck
Cons: management, undercopensated, constant change in procedure, disrespect, intense pressure, no freedom
target is a decent company to customers, they are treated fairly and served quickly. however, when it comes to employees the company neglects to treat us with decenc and respect. Management is terrible. the management cannot take responsibility and is constantly putting down employees and treating us like children or rather animals. complaints to corporate – more... had to be filed just to get some respect and even then no action was taken and there was no difference in behavior. 90% of employees will agree with this statement. the company just doesnt care. the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my co-workers, you can talk to them about anything and express your concerns to them. my least enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with management. I (and others) are constantly being treated as expendable, worthless, and inferior people. While at target i did learn to process thousands of materials in a quick and accurate manner. – less
Great place to work in high school
Cashier (Former Employee), CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: very few hours
Great first job to have.
Learn about customer service.
Flexible hours.
Friendly Team Members, Managment is lacking
Logistics/Salesfloor Team Member (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits once you pass 90 days
Cons: weak management and no work-life balance
OK first job or for someone who needs a second job. Hours can vary greatly from week to week. Very little work life balance here be prepared to work Fri - Sun or perhaps work 11 consecutive days like I did!!

Grinding monotonous work, management is non supportive and most of the team leaders are clueless.
Not a Great company to work for any longer
Logistics Team Captain (Current Employee), Haverhill, MAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, great hours
Cons: cut backs and lay offs
The firm was great back in the older days but since they underwent major changes not so great anymore. Co workers were all great and management was ok.
GOOD
Team Leader (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAJuly 30, 2014
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Centerville, OHJuly 30, 2014
I worked on the overnight team unloading trucks at Target. The job was very labor intensive which I do not mind. The management was very fair and the other employees were very easy to work with for the most part.
Productive with daily store operations
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: advancement was an outreach
A typical day as a Sales Associate was very enjoyable. The privilege to assist guest in their daily shopping was the most enjoyable. Providing knowledge to a customer gave them more trust and build a solid relationship.
Exciting enviorment
CASHIER/SALES REP (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 30, 2014
I loved my job as a cahier there. I loved my guest and all of the wonderful people i worked with
Happy
Barista (Former Employee), Matthews, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: fun, motivating
Cons: salary
As a Barista I prepared customers different varieties of coffee and socialized with them as I was a good friend for years. Starbucks has wonderful training and great teamwork even with it being inside Target we still followed the Starbucks Corp guidelines.
Nice place to work.
Night Stocker (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: we didnt have to worry about cotumer issues because it was closed.
Cons: two managers didnt get along and they took it out on the employees.
Target was a good place to work. There was some management issues but other than that, I enjoyed working there. employees
Great Benifets bad managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJuly 30, 2014
Management really sucks at target, my store in flushing NY hardly ever recognized the team for all their hard work and efforts. A typical day was dealing with customer service, price management, packing out the floor, unloading the truck etc.
low pay for hard work
Over Night Stocker/Receiving Team Lead (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: gain experience in many departments
Cons: very low pay with .25 cent o/n differential pay, and a max of .35 cent yearly raise.
unload truck, pull, backstock, stock merchandise, manage several departments on floor, special ad projects, plan-o-gram, manage backroom pulling and stocking heavy products.
Engaging environment with strong focus on leadership
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), VAJuly 30, 2014
results driven environment where strong contributors can move up quickly
Overall I liked Target
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Minot, NDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: managers come and go
I like the cleanliness of the store and the friendly co workers.
its a job?
Stockroom Personnel (Former Employee), Eagle Rock, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: team members
Cons: pay
Did the overnight shift. Staff was friendly and enjoyable to work with.
Target
BRAND MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), OregonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: fun events, family strong bond in my department
Cons: health insurance, short breaks, lack of cashiers, impatient guests
Overall, I enjoy this job, but there are aspects that sometimes make it hard to work there. I love most of the people I work with, but some others make it hard by micromanaging, and making other team members feel as if we are work horses, and it stresses us out. The Pay is not the best, but it is okay for me. The constant need to back up cashier makes – more... it more stressful because the sales floor ends up spending over half of their shift on a checklane instead of doing their own job. – less
management
sales associate (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 29, 2014
Management was the best part of the job they listened if you had issues/suggestions to make the environment better.
Productive, fast paced, customer service oriented company
Front End Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
Fast, Fun, and Friendly place to work. I learned how to manage a team and drive for results while always offering amazing customer service. I trained cashiers at the register, customer service desk and the cash office while also implementing new ways to get the service desk and cash office organized.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, – Read more