Target
12,204 reviews

Target United States Employee Reviews

making sure store operations and logistics are ran properly
Target Executive (Former Employee), 300 hollywood mallMay 2, 2015
insured that all backroom and warehouse operations are correctly maintained and all staff trained to do job functions efficiently...
great place
Guest Service Team Leader (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 2, 2015
this is a wonderful place to work for. I would recommend it to anyone. They have a great management team who really cares about their employees.
Very fun work enviorment
SALES FLOOR/BACKUP CASHIER (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 1, 2015
Target was very joy able to work for, the break room always had something to eat and co workers were very friendly. management made it very easy to talk to and always worked with your schedule. my work at target included stocking shelves, keeping lanes neat and becoming a back up cashier occasionally.
yeah
Brand Team Trainer (Former Employee), Rogers, ARMay 1, 2015
Pros: amazing managers
Cons: short breaks clocking out for lunch, terrible hours
fast fun and friendly, great place to work! lots and lots of exersize walking the sales floor and wonderful helping the guests find what they are looking for. One of the best places that i have ever worked. I would happily work there again if they would just allow team members to have overtime, or at least not go into compliance if you accidentally go over 40 hours per week.
Unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: The discount
Cons: Unorganized at times
It was an alright workplace , since it was in Manhattan Beach it was very busy at times which made it unorganized. My co-workers were very nice and helpful at times.
A good workplace
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Otsego, MNMay 1, 2015
A typical day if filled with mainly guest assistance. The coworkers are good people. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the coworkers.
Good people great incentives
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: good recognition by management. You don't feel invisable
Cons: turnover seemed high
I loved this job. There were no problems with managers or employees. I would have loved to stay. They were very complimentary when you were doing well. They had many contest to give us incentive to get target cards for the customer.
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Stock Crew (Current Employee), Davis, CAMay 1, 2015
This job is great, management is awesome and willing to work with all employees. They have been supportive of me through paramedic school and working to obtain a job as a firefighter.

A typical day at work consists of stocking shelves, cashiering up front and also at the pharmacy.

Since this is in Davis, Ca most of my coworkers are also college students which helps provide the friendly environment in the store.

Hardest part about this job is having to work tons of hours to make a decent living while trying to balance school on top of it.

Most enjoyable part has got to be the coworkers, I have made some great friends working here.
Flexible, fun, busy work place
Dedicated Team Member (Current Employee), Flowood, MSMay 1, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: being short staff
My typical day at Target consist of being flexible, providing customer service,and collaborate with other team members to complete assigned tasks. I have learned good interpersonal, critical thinking and time management skills. Mangers at Target are always available and active throughout the day.I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is working when we are short staff. It is a challenge, but I welcome challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can make a customer's day by having a product that they were unable to find or just being a listening ear.
Target is undergoing large scale change that was overdue
Process Analyst, (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2015
It was difficult to work for a company that lost its way. The Manager and Group Manager layer needs replacement. I hope the changes that they are starting can change the entrenched management culture and not just right-size corporate staffing
its a great place to work
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), McDonough, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks
It was a good job oriented place to work. Most of the managers were friendly and easy to talk to. Other workers are friendly and helpful if you are new. A typical day at work would be putting mercchandise on the shelves and help cashier from time to time. The hardest part of the job is closing especially when you have an area with a lot of merchandise to straighten. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing a customer smile after you helped them with something.
Horrible Experience
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: The customers were nice, Pay was on time.
Cons: The management team.
I thought Target would be fun especially since I was a customer first but they always had the schedules messed up, the system was down most of time, Management I felt were rude and not so eager to help, maybe because it was around the holidays but that's not really an excuse.
I enjoyed the fast pace environment
Back room team member (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: it was sesonal
We started the night with shipment I enjoyed unloading the shipment, working the line, and pulling pallets. The managers were always helpful and professional. Everyone collaborated together as a team.
Great Employees
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: great upper management, store is always clean
Cons: can be a little stressful to beginners
Before I was temporarily an intern at Target Pharmacy I would always find myself satisfied with the service I received from target from each visit. I have now seen why i would have that experience each time. The Employees treat each other and customers with respect.
its an ok place to work at
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: breaks, getting help, reasonable shifts
Cons: not much help
this place is alright to work at there supervisors are not so great though. hours are not flexible and i feel they would be a little racist.
very friendly
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2015
Pros: friendly and 1st shift
Cons: short break and no insurance
Working at Target was easy going and the employees were great and a typical day was dealing with money and customers. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do returns.
fun wrk place
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FlApril 30, 2015
Pros: big on charity
they offer a friendly staff and have several events to help boost moral. my co worker are fun and knowledgeable. we laugh all day and still able to provide great customer service. it a very relax setting that allow you to grow as a person.
nice place to work
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCApril 30, 2015
come in to work. go in to the meeting to find what the work load is for the day. the management usually come to see how you doing. the team member get the work order and go start the day off.
Productive with a lot of benefits
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Occasional events where they would provide drinks or snacks
Cons: no recogntion
Plenty of benefits but my small group and their efforts would constantly go unnoticed. We would have to pick up the slack of the rest of the team but wouldn't get the credit we deserved. It was always brought up in team meetings, but was never resolved. The overnight team, in general, was treated differently. But, i digress, the morning team was very friendly, as well as the store manager. I only wish we had a team lead like him on our team.
A tough place to work
Presentation Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2015
Target was a very hard place to work. Overnight position, very hard to move up in the company, tough leadership, and low pay. Long commute for me, over an hour and a half.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries