Target
13,059 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

I loved the job just had to move to help my sister with her kids.
Softlines Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2015
A typical day was putting all my clothes back on the hangers and in its correct spot. I learned different name brand of clothing I learned how to cashier in a retail setting for the first time. Management was very cool loved them. My co workers was fun to be around. The hardest part was keeping up with the customers sometimes when I first got there but I grew into it. The most enjoyable thing was just working.
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2015
I loved working here. Great environment. great people. I would work here again. Very positive. Id pick them over walmart any day
A fun work environment for young adults
Cashier/barista/customer service / sales floor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, awesome team members, planned activities and discounts.
Cons: short lunch and break, rude guest, short staff, not enough work hours and alot of mulit tasking
When I worked at Target it was a fun experience for me. When I first started, I was a cart attendant and from there I went on to become a cashier, guest service, Starbucks and food Avenue team member and sales floor team member. I meant a lot of great people and made a lot of friends working at target. the only problem I had working there what I was getting paid to low and weren't getting enough hours. I was usually the one who was going back and forth doing things. Target is a good place to work at to meet new people and to make good friends. I would consider working here again.
Great team environment, but long hours
Executive Team Leader- Human Resources (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2015
Fast, Fun, and Friendly work environment. Great benefits and compensation. Flexible working schedule, however you are required to work every other weekend and at least one closing shift a week. The most enjoyable part of Target is the people! However, the company has unrealistic expectations and continues to reduce leader headcount. This focuses each leader to take on more with no additional compensation or reward.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Ansonia, CTJuly 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Target I enjoyed being able to learn more than just being a cashier. Target it was a great place to work with a team that really made you feel like a family.
Decent Job
Instocks Team Member (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJuly 3, 2015
I loved the people I worked with, but working with some of the managers was a hit or miss. My job was simple and was easy to accomplish, but depending on who your manager was it was a little difficult. Some of the managers will give you a hard time for no reason. Outside of management, it is not a completely bad place to work or to have as a first job.
Did not enjoy working for store 2498
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee), Rogers, ARJuly 3, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Understaffed everyday, treated poorly.
There is no chance for promotion internally. You will have to constantly back up cashier and do other other teams work while expected to finish your own. All the while others get to go home on time while my team has to stay until the job is finished. Would not recommend to anyone
Fun
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
i worked mornings so it was pretty easy, and also had the rest of the day to myself to do other things. The schedule did not get mixed up with my personal life.
Fun and out going place with good co-workers.
Pharmacy Cashier/ Technician Trainee (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Discounts for all Target merchandise for team members
Cons: Not enough hours.
Each day while working at Target is unexpected. You practically can't assume each day will be the same as before. There is definite room for growth within the company, however it is not easy to come across. The hardest part of working for Target is obtaining the Target Red Card debit or credit option.
Good place to start
Team Member (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 3, 2015
I had a fantastic manager and a great team. I was able to learn a lot about customer service as well as management while employed with Target.
Fast Paced and Hard Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FlJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks, difficult scheduling, pressured to sell REDcard
My typical day at Target includes ringing up guests, engaging in friendly conversation with them, providing good service and educating them on REDcard benefits. Most of the guest were regulars and already had a REDcard or hating hearing the speech about it.
Got fired because they wanted to let me go
crew (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: stress level
target is a read flag job, don't know who runs the night shift but your in for a lot of work. its slow, unorganized, and the employees are immature.
Fun and friendly workplace but lacks well pay for specific job title
Team Member (Current Employee), Akron, OHJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment; friendly team members; loving culture
Cons: Not very good pay and support for the job title
Target has a very fun, enjoyable work environment when it comes to interaction with team members. The job is well rounded for the most part except when it comes to only making 30 cents more than an electronics team member and you are security, trying to protect all assets within the store. Also lacks the fact that they will not certify myself and select others to apprehend subjects stealing merchandise, but expect me to not let it all be stolen.
Not good
Flow Team Member Seasonal (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 3, 2015
Cons: Poor time management and scheduling
I worked very hard at this company every day I worked. Management talks about staff being team members to help each other and work together, however they rarely send people help. You can expect to be talked down to.
Team oriented culture
District Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco/San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2015
Great teamwork environment with opportunities to grow within the organization. Focused on a customer oriented mind set that delivers outstanding results.
A growing Company
Devanner (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJuly 3, 2015
I honestly can't say much because I hope the company has grown since I left because they were just opening when I started working there. Management I will say has people who use there position for the personal benefit which is not smart for business
Target was mediocre!
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2015
Although at times I became very bored and unhappy with my role at Target, I learned quite a bit about my self over the 10 yrs of employment. The staff was very childish and immature. The management was unprofessional and unreasonable. I learned that considering your circumstances nothing is hard to accomplish when you have no alternative! Know you worth and work for what you want.
Can be very productive but the pay is terrible
Customer Service (Current Employee), Cheltenham, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great manager
Cons: no coverage, terrible pay and hours
A typical day at work is always pretty stressful ,its never really organized . There is never any coverage or a extending hand that can really help you. Now on the good side we do have an awesome store manager but as far as the rest of the staff goes its always a lack of communication. I've learned that i can honestly be good a any task that is put in front of me. My coworkers are cool i work well with all my coworkers ,some people slack on their work but mostly as a team there is never any issues. The hardest part is dealing with guest with no support and knowing their is never anyone who can help you with a line.The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a guest and making them smile .
stress full
Guest Service Team Leader (Current Employee), chicagoJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Guest satisfaction
Cons: Being on my own
Being able to provide guest service was the best part. Having no support from upper management in the store was not so much fun. Having no support from upper management to meet minimum Red card goal for each and everyday was inconsiderate. The most enjoyable part was when i solved problems for guests and team member to satisfy them and to create guest loyalty.
management is terrible
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 2, 2015
team leads are terrible there but not all of them. loved my co-workers. Discount was not too bad. The hours there was really not good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries