Target Employee Reviews

Found 22,026 reviews matching the search
it was ok
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2017
i loved working there its just the manger could of been more nicer and they didn't see a good worker from the bad ones i think its all about the race as in color i was seasonal but i was let go i don't know why but its all good
Pros
ovetime
Cons
short breaks
Being a productive environment but at the same time having a fun and great time.
Sales Associate, Retail Team (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJune 21, 2017
Created an environment where you're encouraged to be yourself in the working environment. Creating a working environment where feedback is encourage to help you and others complete tasks more efficiently. Growth within the company can be expected.
Pros
Free snacks and lunches.
Cons
no cons
fast paced work environment
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
Target was a fun place to work. Enjoyed working here and looked forward to work everyday. I would highly recommend this job to a friend. It mostly seasonal but it was worth it.
To many egos
Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 21, 2017
At first target was a cool place to work at, but I started to see peoples true colors and it was ugly. The managers were rude and disrespectful to some of us frequently
Development Focused, Results Driven Culture
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2017
I've worked for Target for 11 years across a number of business areas. Over those 11 years, Target has faced it's share of challenges and obstacles, but some of the hallmarks of the organization are the development culture and focus on results. I really enjoy the people I have worked with including peers and leaders. I have found Target to provide opportunities for advancement if you know your business, work well with your stakeholders, and focus on driving the best guest experience.
Pros
Development Culture, Compensation, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Continued Revolving Door of Senior Leaders
Stressful and unhelpful
Price Change Specialist (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 21, 2017
Managers overloaded you with work to do but did not provide appropriate help to complete tasks in the time allotted. Would then hold you accountable for things you had no control over despite you going out of your way and above and beyond to make sure everything was completed.
Pros
work around your schedule
Cons
Short breaks, heavy workload, No advancement, no support from managers.
Typical retail workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 21, 2017
First job out of college. They promised me that I would promoted to Assistant Manager with 60 days. I worked hard, followed directions promptly and was always on time. When I brought up the promotion after 40 days, they gave me specific instructions on what to do and I did them. When I accomplished those things, they said that they weren't looking for an assistant manager anymore. 10 days later they had a new assistant manager. When I asked them about it, they didn't give me an answer. After that, I decided to quit.
Pros
Easy to get job
Cons
Typical retail job
Fast paced enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJune 21, 2017
This job taught how to operate warehouse machinery use personal accessory data machines. The management allowed us to work in our own space as well as work together, which made the job fun.
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 21, 2017
Productive and friendly work environment. Very challenging, you get to work with all types of people. Meet a lot of different faces and grace, by all in all great place to work.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Learning new adventures
Fast paced atmosphere..
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 21, 2017
Learn how to work at a fast and steady pace... How to paperwork for the job... Decent management .... Good work atmosphere... Hard labor... Keeping busy at all times...

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager, Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 21, 2017
At Target I was a manager were I provided great guest service to customers. Everyday I was able to learn something new, from new procedures to learning from my peers. In a days work I would re-stock end-caps, checkout guest on register, help out at guest service, and help guest out throughout the store. The workplace culture was great I met new people every week. The hardest part of the job was dealing with short handiness. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making sure the guests had a fast, fun, and friendly experience at Target.
Pros
Free lunches, great enviornment
Cons
pay
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 21, 2017
The work place is always busy and will always have something to do during the day. You get crossed trained regardless what position you get. On the plus side you get long lunches
great place to work
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Target is a great place to work. Love the work environment and the people I worked with. The hours was great as well. The work load was a lot on the holiday.
Love the environment.
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 21, 2017
Highly recommend. I did my 6 weeks rotation with Target Pharmacy and I hope that I can come back to work for them after graduating from pharmacy school. Unfortunately, CVS Health bought out Target pharmacy and I did not have a chance to work for them. I love the environment and culture of Target department.
Fun place to work
Stock team, Electronics Rep., & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 21, 2017
Management is poor I got fired because someone came along with my ex and got me fired by saying I scratched their car when I was inside the whole time from open to close and didnt even leave the store even on my lunch break so. Terrible management for listening to some petty upset angry cheating ex.
Pros
Good cheap tv's and good discount
Cons
Short breaks and terrible attitudes from coworkers
tried to kill myself
Guest Service Team Member/ Starbucks Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 21, 2017
working for target was the worst. I worked every front end position there was, including food production. The customers were rude and demanding and the managers had no sympathy for any kind of problem that occurred. You were always at fault, not the "guest". In the end I quit over the stress and anxiety, because it was making me physically ill. They wouldn't give breaks and expected you to work without what is legally required. there is total disregard for the starbucks staff and zero help from management, who yell at you for not producing drinks fast enough, then yell at you after you finally stand still a moment after finishing cleaning. Just total hypocrites and heathens. Useless and uncaring. They just want you to work, and then quit, so they don't have to give you that 5 cent raise at the end of the year. I also tried to commit suicide in one store's bathroom because my manager was so ruthless and mean to me.
Productive workplace
Cashier, barrista, food (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 21, 2017
It was fun working but I was in high school and it was hard to go in and work food ave and starbucks then close both before I leave and nobody else was working with me .
Pros
meeting new people, learning to make drinks
Cons
shorts breaks, no help
Good Balance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Overall very good company. You learn something new everyday and develop a set of skills. As an individual I have grown and have done things I once thought I cannot do so It was a great experience and a pleasure to work for such a company.
Pros
getting to help customers
Cons
lack of backup sometimes
Customer Service
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJune 21, 2017
Target's drive to provide excellent customer service was one of the things that I liked the most about working there; customer service is paramount in any organization.
Great environment, too much management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
It's a very aesthetically pleasing place to work and customers are often very polite, although management was always jumbled and made working very difficult. Having too many direct managers with conflicting ideas and not enough communication on radios.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.