Target
12,247 reviews

Target United States Employee Reviews

Easy work, bad managment.
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILMay 6, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: lacks motivation to stay
Easy enough work but the leadership at the location I worked at was poor, they took allot of workers from backroom to the sales floor and left me hanging.
N/A
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: A lot of chaos.
A typical day at work would be hectic and a lot of multitasking. I learned how to have patience and control my temper. Management was professional for the most part and very attentive to their staff.
very good retail company
Cart Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: great breaks and discounts
Cons: not alot of benefits
very exceptionally runed company from the labor of the jobs to the people working with you. definitely my favorite job ive had so far
Target
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAMay 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: overturn of management
Target has been a great place to work. If it were possible for me to make a career out of retail, I would love to make it Target. The employees are great people to work with. Target is a place where you get the job done inn a timely manner, but you are also able to have fun while doing it.
Great Training
Senior Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Work life balance
Lead team toward company goals & constant development

Learned how to effectively develop myself through my daily engagement with the team

I was a peer mentor & I enjoyed the relationships with co-workers because of everyone's different strengths

Hardest part was the work life balance

Most enjoyable part was team appreciation for their growth & giving them recognition
Fun environment
Seasonal Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pinole, CAMay 5, 2015
I loved this target because the staff was so bubbly, also I worked during the thanksgiving holiday to christmas season and although there was no for sure job placement I wouldnt mind going back if given the chance just for the holidays. I had that much fun
Excellent place to be work although some lazy teenagers.
Chargeback Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: To many lazy high school students.
Cons: The team management helps people to do good job.
I just start as a part time temporary holiday season opening position, but at times to finish the opening, they give me permanent position with full time job.
I learn very fast every position they give it to me as a result the team management sent me to be trained as Charge Back officer at 5am in the morning. I think there was the hardest part of the job.
I enjoy the place and my coworkers, but I decide to start my own business and move on.
Fast paced work place with fun, young vibe
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2015
Target is a company dedicated to serving the customer and providing them with the best. I had the pleasure of working their 6 years.
productive
Target Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYMay 5, 2015
it was an great environment to work in. I loved it they always thought of the workers very highly. Always make sure we were professional at all times while having fun
It's cool
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee), Shiloh, ILMay 5, 2015
Definitely not a career. Just a job to have a little change in your pocket. They worked well with my school schedule. I would go back as a second job
Productive work place
Guest Service Attendant, Cashier, Guest Service (Former Employee), San Marcos TexasMay 4, 2015
I manage the front end department of the store.
My tasks include scheduling breaks according to the number of team members I have per shift, assisting guests with price inquiries, and addressing concerns about either store policies or team members.

I motivated my team and made work enjoyable for them, I encouraged them to be their best, and I helped the team play to their strengths. I monitored and personally completed many monetary transactions, including tax exempt and tax returns, as well as returns of merchandise and explaining store policies for returns that are unable to be completed.

My co workers were an enjoyable group of people that always surprised me and made it a pleasure to come into work.
great work life balance
Associate Specialist In-Store Marketing (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2015
The culture is great! This is a very team oriented company. If you work hard, you will be awarded, but you do have to remember to toot your own horn for your managers to recognize your achievements.
Productive and good first job
Cashier, Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Colma, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: ample parking
Every day there would be a flood of customers pouring in from the automatic doors and long lines would build up fast.
I learned to never let an upset customer ruin your day, and the hardest part of the job was closing at night.
Do not work here
Seasonal Sales Floor Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Holly Springs, NCMay 4, 2015
Do not work here. It is bad. I don't like it. it was awful. Horrible managers. No room for improvement. Very needy. Do not ever think about working here .
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Santee, CAMay 4, 2015
Good place to work flexible with school schedules. Work day varies from 4-8 hours depending on employment status. Half hour lunches on anything past 5.5 hours. A very fast, fun, and , friendly place to work.
Productive and fun workplace.
SOFTLINES TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 4, 2015
A typical day at Target is very busy and there is always something to do. I learned how to successfully multi task from Target. I also learned how to work at a fast pace successfully. Target is a family environment. The hardest part of the job is the standing on your feet for hours. The best part is the interaction with the guest.
Productive, fast paced enironment
Senior Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great Managers, great benefits
Cons: negative turn over rates, co workers negative attitudes
Target is a great place to work depending on what area you work in. For the majority, the managers are pretty understanding. However, they do mean business. The hardest part of the job is the holiday season.
Retail what can i say, it stinks.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZMay 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: I have every reason to dislike this 3rd rate retailer, what a cheap place to work.
Target is a horrible employer, I wouldn't trust them ever again. I don't have any good words about Target, they a 3rd rate retailer.
Fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Chambersburg PAMay 4, 2015
I worked at Target for a brief period of time, but i enjoyed everyday I did work. Every one i worked with was kind and fun to spend the day with. The management was kind and understanding. The best part of the day was meeting new people and talking to the guests.
High energy and development focused company
Vendor Performance Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2015
I fully enjoyed my time working from Target. In the 3 years I was with the company I held 4 different roles. They focused a lot on personal development and had a lot of great programs that helped stregthen your development and advancement. I LOVED the people I worked with, from my immediate team to cross fuctional partners.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries