Target
10,994 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

working for target
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJanuary 30, 2015
working for target gave me my first retail experience I loved every part of it I wasn't only limited to one position I worked in all parts of the store my ended position was in the food department I really enjoyed working there
Productive and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Forestville, MDJanuary 30, 2015
A typical work day at target was very enjoyable but filled with work. I got along with all of my coworkers, the management were very friendly and helpful when needed. The hardest part is dealing with multiple customers at once and also dealing with attitudes. The most enjoyable part is working with a team that can help succeed in all projects and we accomplish all that needs to be done.
Fun, and good communication
Backroom team memeber (Current Employee), Napa, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, dirty breakroom
On a typical day, I get my essential needs such as , walkie and an equipment gun. I find out who the leader in charge(LOD) is, because its important to report to the LOD to see if there is a different task that he/she would want you to do. Usually its a no, i would go to the backroom, and see how much back stock is left from the early morning truck. Back stock means product that no longer fits on the sales floor. Before i can start on any back stock, we have a scheduled CAF time that the team and I have to complete every hour.These CAFs start at 11am and end at 5pm. Between those time CAFs are completed early where it gives us time to work on back stock. Depending on my schedule, we as a team work hard to beat expectations and complete all of back stock and make sure there is nothing on the floor and reorganize. i would have to say that the hardest part of the day would be when CAFs need to be completed in a hour but you get called from the sales floor asking for products to be pulled out of the backroom. Honestly i like a challenge because it keeps you moving and never bored. Also gives a chance for the team a chance to meet one another and have communication with any obstacles that some up.
Not a very fun place to work.
sales floor (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I hate the facts that u have to wait for every sales member to finish re shopping or zoning before You can leave to go home. Management wasn't the best people quit every day.
good first job out of college
Logistics Team Leader (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: lack of support
i learned communication skills and managing a team.
writing schedules
problem solving
strategic thinking
logistics
instocks
backroom
the part i enjoyed the most was the people i worked with and working in a team enviroment
Laid back culture
Senior Team Leader Overnight Remodel (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2015
Very strictly run corporate structure. Job doesn't change much at all from a day to day operations standpoint. Hours are pretty standard.
Unproductive work Place
Service Desk and Hard Lines (Former Employee), Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: helpfull co-workers
Cons: minimum wage
There is no room to grow or climb higher up the corporate ladder there. They ask the employers to do impossible things for the minimum wage such as fill over 10 pallets in as little as an hour or two.

Management needs improvement also in caring about employees and guests who shop there.
Stockroom employee
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Lansing, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: short breaks, 3rd shift hours
Days would start at 4am with truck unload. Then stock would be moved to sales floor and placed on shelves. Any extra stock would then be moved to stock room and stored. The enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with. We all found ways to make the job more enjoyable while being productive with our work. The hardest part of the job was the hours and the toll it took on family life.
Great place
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJanuary 30, 2015
Great place to work. I would recommend to anyone. Great staff, great hours and fun people. If you are looking for a fast past entry level job, this is a great place.
they had free food on holidays
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 29, 2015
the team members where great people it was a very good experience working there i couldn't complain the supervisor where great
Good Experiece at Target
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 29, 2015
The position I held at Target was a tedious one, consisted a lot of bending and reaching, walking, and lifting. I learned a lot about the product Target carries and became familiar with prices and the location of specific items. Management was helpful in situations that arose at work, especially with disgruntled customers. My co-workers in general were hard workers, but most were young and very much liked to goof off at work. The hardest part of the job was the sporadic schedule. I like working a set schedule, but with retail there's no such thing unless you are management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I completed my tasks in a timely manner.
Number crunching and favorites
Warehouse (Former Employee), PlainfieldJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: they hire gls to do the dirty work and once they do it . they get rid of them as well
They use you up and then look for any reason to fire you. What ever you do,don't let a loved one become ill . When you come back from FMLA they will terminate you and have all the paperwork in order . Very devilish company and they will be judged one day for thier actions.
n/a
Cart Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Homewood, ILJanuary 29, 2015
I would collect carts also work as a cashier in the mornings.
Inconsistent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Stock shelves and make aisles look neat.
Retail can be quite strict and unfair.
Management would always change so you didn't know who was manager that night/day.
Some co-workers were nice and helpful, others not so much.
Working in an area you know nothing about.
Helping Customers.
Great experiance
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: experiance in the operation value from truck to floor and distrabution
Cons: seasonal, no guarrenty as job security
Great experience ,being a team flow member is very fisical.Great excersice. It takes a I want to succeed type personality to preform and strong team particepation to succeed.
An Average Job
Presenation Team/Pharmacy Technicin Trainee (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: freidnly co-workers
Cons: hours getting cut
Target started out as a great place to work, but shortly after become very unfeeling. Other teams members were great to work with because pretty much everyone gets along, however the team leaders and executive team leaders were not very friendly or helpful. Pretty much anyone that got promoted was because the store team leader was their friend or they brown nosed a lot.
Fun and friendly work environment
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: friendly competitions, no time frame for tasks given
All Target team members I have worked with have been very friendly, offering a helping had to guests and fellow team members alike. Management has been approachable and easy to work with while providing the structure and focus needed to keep the store running smoothly. Besides constant guest service on the sales floor, the most time consuming task is assisting with cashier back up calls because they are short notice and they take you away from tasks you are currently working on. As a retail position, it can get stressful many times a day, but fellow co-workers are constant reminders that the guest always comes first.
Experience
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Working at target has given me the opportunity to experience what it means to be a working class citizen. I was able to learn so many things I never knew and able to grow with the company. Management was understandable with my journey to and from school and allowed me job security.
Better than average retail
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: commitment to fair wages, breaks, great team involvement and team building, weekly events providing food, prizes
Cons: management disconnect, low morale, low hours
Target was my first job, and I have been with the company for years, at two different locations (albeit with a leave of absence for schooling), and it was a company that for a while, I had been very proud to work at, it was only when morale started slipping and as a manager I was only given 20 hours a week that I had to leave the company. As a guest service attendant, the manager/supervisor of the front lanes, my day consisted of prepping registers for the day's sales, or shutting them down, organizing the cashiers and support team members for things like breaks, locations, etc, and the biggest part of the job, making sure that everything was a good experience -for guests - the customers. The team of GSA's was very close knit, although at times it was felt that upper management didn't always communicate effectively with us, regardless of the fact the the front end was the first and last thing a guest would see. I always enjoyed working with my team and directing them towards profitability, and always liked interacting with guests, be it positive, or solving problems in negative situations.
The Pay is Good, but it doesn't make up for the rest
Group Leader (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: peer group & leadership development
Cons: no work life balance, close minded culture, poor upper management
A typical work week was at least 55 hours. I had even maxed at 70 hours at one point. Considering I was salary, not a good thing. We were expected to work from home and were required to "volunteer" for multiple projects and committees, both at work and during our days "off". In addition, we were often short staffed for Group Leaders (managers), so you were expected to do all of these additional things on top of managing a large team solo despite the workload being designed for 2 Group Leaders. Any hopes you have of "work-life balance" will be crushed immediately. Upper management does not care that you are a person nor do they care if you want to have any semblance of a life outside of work. This job is best for someone with no significant other or one that works the exact same type of job and no children. They hire straight out of college often as they are able to pay them less and for a newly out of college kid, this may not be a bad fit. My advice to those fresh out of college, be sure you can handle this environment. I've seen many a new doe eyed Group Leader quickly quit as they were completely unprepared and overwhelmed by the "corporate experience". The Target culture is a joke. They preach one thing, but the reality is completely different. Upper management were hypocrites. Expecting more and more from their Group Leaders, but often failing to deliver in their role. Many left early, hung out in their offices all day completely oblivious to actual operations (still collecting that big paycheck though), not showing up on Fridays or strolling in late and cutting out early. – more... Being "thrown under the bus" was common place with Senior Group Leaders. Many loved a good scapegoat and once you were pegged as a problem, you might as well start applying elsewhere. A fear driven culture was created by their singling out Group Leaders. They would meet with each key's Group Leaders and tell them they wanted feedback and to not be afraid to voice your opinion. However, once anyone voiced their opinion or stood up for something that wasn't right, they were quickly given the opportunity of not "Demonstrating Accountability" and coached out. Bottom line, Target wants everyone to follow group think and drink that Kool-Aid. On a peer level, I'd have to say the experience was great. There will always be those peers you bump heads with, but overall I met a phenomenal group of people and truly enjoyed working with my peers. Target is focused on development and if it's done right, you can truly learn a great deal about yourself and grow as a leader. I would have to say the two best takeaways from my time there were: my peers and my own growth and development. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more