Target Employee Reviews

Found 23,595 reviews matching the search
Early morning position assembling signage
SIGNING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 20, 2017
Arrived to work at 4am. assembled and took down new/old sale and display signage throughout the store. Accepting and organizing the delivery of signs from the truck to maintain accuracy of sale signs was a crucial aspect of this position.
Productive fun work place
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2017
I love working at target. I enjoy interaction with the public. I don't like that they keep you part time to avoid Benifits. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
The coworkers and job security are the only reasons to stay working at target for anyone 20+.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 20, 2017
The coworkers are great. Unfortunately many come and go as target is just another minimum paying retail job that doesn't appreciate people in the grand scheme of things. Besides holidays you will get inconsistent hours and a low amount of hours unless you are in a high position. Luckily many people try to give away their shift away which gives room to fill up your hours for the week.
Pros
great for a seasonal job
Cons
Unless your a teenager and or dont have any bills to pay dont work here because the pay is horrible
No a great place to work
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYAugust 20, 2017
Horrible place starting from management to sales floor workers severely understaffed and most shifts had to take on work the required four to five people and was required to complete said work b shift end or would get reprimanded
Pros
non
Cons
all
Average
Backroom Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNAugust 20, 2017
Average work experience. Flexible hours. Paid well but not much advancement in the company. Good job for starting out. Would recommend depending on what position would be filled.
Slow and unfriendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 20, 2017
Unless it was a holiday season, the work days were pretty slow. The environment created by the other associates and managers wasn't very friendly. The only other thing cashiers are able to do is pick up around their section.
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 20, 2017
Fast steady paced different shift great benefits eager to learn in different departments cross train very fast up beat jot and cold environment enjoy working there.
Work with great people
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIAugust 20, 2017
Target is fast paced and the people you meet by working there and the people you work with are great. Not always guaranteed 40 hours but they are pretty flexing in scheduling and the people one works with makes the store a fun place to be.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not always guaranteed 40 hrs
It was ok
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington Square, UTAugust 20, 2017
I didn't like it it was rather disappointing the employees were nice but management wasn't too friendly they moved me around a lot so the job I signed up for I don't actually really get to do
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad employee treatment
Very fun to work at
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 20, 2017
Everyone is very nice at the target I work at, main reason why I love my job. They like to make sure that everything is good with the guests, and even you!
Awesome team but poor management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2017
If your're not willing to work majority closing shifts then this job isn't for you. I had a daytime shift maybe once a week but I closed for the most part. The team overall is cool but the leads definitely show favoritism toward those who have worked there longer. Those are the ones they keep on the daytime shifts until the weekend. Those people never close! I opened most saturdays and maybe a monday here and there but for the most part I closed the store which means getting off at 11:30. I got the job at the beginning of the Summer but when school started I requested a schedule change due to me not being able to close anymore. It got rejected so I had to quit so I could avoid getting fired for calling out on the days I had to work til close. I wish I could've stayed but I just could not work those late hours.
Pros
Awesome teamwork, great discounts
Cons
No scheduke flexibility
Fun and Productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
target was a fun and enjoyable environment, supervisors and management are very kind they take the time to teach you every duty, some days were fun some are rough
target
Electronic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 19, 2017
one of the best company i ever work at but company is failing and trying to cut down on everything. managers are working all hours and only offer overtime during the holidays.
Pros
great benfits, ok pay, work around your schedule
Cons
hard to move up
Fun Great People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89103August 19, 2017
Great Environment Happy Place To Work Guest Service Is Exceptional My Manger And Supervisor Are Great Leads And Show Great Leader Ship To All Team Members
Fun, Fast, and friendly... just not all at once.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 19, 2017
Target was a fun place to work. It isn't anything glamorous, but they paid competitively and made sure to take care of their team members. TV's and Wii's in the break room, food often brought in for holidays and parties, and it was easy to move around the store if you wanted to learn something new.
Pros
Everyone loves shopping there, working there is almost as fun.
Good Retail Environment
Cashier/ Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2017
Second Job. Good retail environment. Management was great with communication and ensuring all team members job performance was excellent. The guests were always pleasant.
Pros
Great Management Team, Team Member Discount
Cons
Internal Growth, many team members in same position.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly place to work
Cashier / Guest Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day is a fast paced day, as it was mostly busy ringing up customers of their purchases, as well as answering their questions. On my feet for long periods of time.
working for a corporate company is terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 19, 2017
working at target you had no freedom to be yourself. you needed to follow certain rules and dress codes. they can take advantage of you and show no appreciation.
Organized Company
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 19, 2017
Well organized company, my experience with target was well though i couldn't get a transfer from Salisbury to Annapolis. Friendly employees and fast past work flow. It was always opportunity to learn new parts of the company.
good percentage off
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 19, 2017
I ran the register, stock and straighten up store. I learn that it is very important to keep the store stocked and clean. The hardest part of my job was staying late and cleaning up the store. The most enjoyable was serving the customers
Pros
percentage off on everything in the store
Cons
working after midnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.