Target
8,922 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Fun Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free food in the break room, discounts
Target is much like a family knit environment. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. They welcome you with open arms and are willing to answer any and all questions you have.

I was a team member on the sales floor. The average day you "zone" or organize the section you were assigned and help any customers that may have questions. On busy days you – more... may have to go up to the cash register to help cut the lines down. You're only suppose to be there for a few minutes but you could end up being there for 30+ more depending on how busy it is.

I can not speak for all management for Targets' but the one I worked at was okay. Some days they would seem they had a game plan and idea and others they were scrambling to make things work. I would have to say this was the worst part because they would blame the employees for not getting things done even though they had horrible planning on their part or did not have enough people there.

I think I just enjoyed that you could be silly in this place and it was just fun. Like in every job you have, you have to make the best of it. – less
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Logistics Flow Team Member (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free meals, and entertainment outings.
Cons: healthcare, lack of employees.
My Typical day at Target is working overnight from minimum one day to maximum four days a weeks at the hours of 11:45pm to 7:00am in the soft-line department. I work with up too three employees. There are no management over in the soft-line department. The hardest part of the job is pulling plastic off of merchandise out of many repack boxes and finishing – more... up by 1:00 a.m. to start the replenishment process. The most enjoyable part of my job is socializing with my other. – less
Summer Job
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 21, 2014
I picked this up as my first summer job and I loved it. They let me go due to being seasonal but it was worth it.
Positive work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: no nights
Cons: little hours, no training
There was no real training, just showed up and was thrown into everything. Guests were loyal and consistent and a joy to please but there was no time to adequately learn my job. The pharmacists were not patient with me as a new employee and was not compassionate to real life situations. I barely got 8 hrs a week sometimes and felt like I was being taken – more... advantage of. It was a stressful environment being new and I was let go with my first real mistake! – less
Logistics/Cashier
Logistics/Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2014
-Receive and sort boxes from receiving area
-Stock/Arrange merchandise on shelves
-General Cashier duties
-Provide Customer Services
Benefits good , most people fun to be with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 21, 2014
Cons: late breaks and lunches
productive , most of the time very busy. I learned not to express my feelings to anyone, management was diversified from one person to another,some co-workers were lazy while others worked their tails off, Hardest part was having to work most nights, weekends and holidays. Most enjoyable was when working with the fun employees.
productive guest service driven with free lunch daily
Team Lead of softlines (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, multiple breaks, discount
Cons: healthcare
Everyday is busy, every week we have a work load(pogs, visual adjacency's zone, go-backs ect,,) to complete so it's my job to organize, delegate, and own what needs to be done on top of scheduling, hiring, coaching, and just over all hear my team out and just plain look over them make sure the store doesn't look messy and go-backs are not getting to – more... heavy.

I've learned to delegate more, that was a struggle but most of all I learned that you can not control everything but the way you handle/react to a situation. In retail everyday there is something happening that no matter how much you might plan and organize things can and will change and it's up to you to just adapt and realize not everything is in your control, just keep your head up.

The last few months I haven't had a (ETL) executive team lead who would be over me, and recently the other Team Lead has left too so I've been doing it all on my own. preparing a clothing department for back to school by yourself can be a lot some days...

The most enjoyable part about my job is you are constantly challenged, constantly growing and learning that's one.

Two it's a amazing feeling to teach people and watch them get it and see how proud they are to have a new skill and responsibility.

Lastly I love making a connection with a guest seeing that you changed their whole day around, and knowing they'll be back because of the experience you provided – less
Hard work overall
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJuly 21, 2014
They are not the company they say, good pay but that's about it, they constantly drive you physically everyday, they let you know that they are the only company that's going to pay you as much as they do, they say they care but really don't. 75% of Management does not care about people they only care about numbers and their bonus, and they come in with – more... no management experience. – less
Decent retail job
Stock Room Team Member (Former Employee), Columbus, INJuly 21, 2014
Managers are nice and well trained, have a good understanding of their goals and how to get there. Stores are generally well run. If you want a job in retail, I would look here first.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly place to work.
Front End Team member (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, flexible scheduling
Cons: low pay rate for most positions, horrible scheduling
Very stable place to wok and typical retail business and culture.
Good pay, but no job security
Logistics Tech (Former Employee), Denton, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: security
Target paid well, had great management and work life balance but I was laid off. Job security wasn't there.
Productive environment
Cart Attendant/Cashier - Seasonal (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
Nice meeting new people, and getting to know the regulars customers.
fun workplce, work around your schedule
signing specialist (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: work around schedule
Cons: do not always get 40 hrs.
Just be yourself, if you have a problem or if you do not understand direction just ask they are always willing to explain in full detail
Fast, Fun, Friendly! For the Team Members, too!
Cashier (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2014
From the Executive level of management down to the store level, the business plan is transparent and accessible. Community involvement is a huge part of the culture and personal support is amazing.
Fun place with lots of people
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks very hot in the building in the summer the pay bad health care
Everyday something new was always happening.You would always meet new people
Fun place great team members
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Woodhaven, MIJuly 20, 2014
short shifts work with great people. this job is a great place to work if only for the people you work with.
Not my favorite
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee), Apex, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: bad management
During the time I worked here, I guess the best thing I can say about it is that I made enough money to get myself through the holiday season. It started out as temporary but I was asked to stay on longer. The downside is that the majority of management and senior employees did not inspire the rest of us to work harder. One manager just wandered around – more... the store chatting up the females. One was a baker and she was always by his side and never at her station. Then they decided to call me out specifically saying that I am not working hard enough. This is when I decided to leave. I, and the rest of the staff, deserved better management. – less
heavy lifting but smooth work day
FLOW TEAM MEMBER/EARLY MORNING STOCK (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2014
arrive to work before the store opens, Unload the truck or trucks, separate all products to be pushed onto the sales floor. Stock shelves and back stock the extra products
Executive Team Leader-Human Resources (Current Employee), New Ulm, MNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, management, peers
Cons: schedule, location
Great place to work, endless opportunity for advancement. The hardest part of the job is the location, and living away from family and friends.
Great Culture
Executive Team Leader Logistics and Hardlines (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CAJuly 19, 2014
Amazing place to work
learned how to be a more well rounded Manager.
Focused on Training and development

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, – Read more