9,557 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Entry Level Development
Merchandise Flow Team Member/ Backroom Team (Former Employee), Vista, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: team oriented
Cons: hours
Great way to start work expirence
Fast Paced Enviorment
Understanding Leadership
Hard working team members
Great place to work for.
Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee), Renton, WASeptember 17, 2014
Enjoyed working at a fast pace and being able to talk to different people on the daily. And making customers day a little better after they come through my lane after shopping.
my experience could have been better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 17, 2014
They always cut the seasonal workers hours shorter than every one elses. didn't notify me about being hired only seasonally.
when rush hours came we didn't have enough cashiers. hardest part on te job is giving someone a red card its like a target debit or credit card. they were really hard for me to activate everytime someone wanted one.
peoples place
Cashier (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: hours sucked
loved working & LEARNING different things here & the different types of personalitys
Retail Sales Floor (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes free food in the break room.
A typical day at Target, I normally start zoning asap when i come in so it will look nice for the guest to see what they are looking for, I also do re-shop i put items back on the shelf what the guest didn't wanna buy and i also answer phone calls. I'm also trained all threw out the store soft lines, hard lines, electronics and guest service.
Was able to talk to everyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, KYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: i was able to talk to many people. boy, can i talk.
Cons: not a lot of hours.
All I did here was cash people out, I was actually paid to walk around and start conversations with customers. I am a people person and I love to talk to others so that was a big plus.
Productive and good work environment.
employee (Former Employee), Somerset, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Greet customers. Take payment. Work the floor.
Learned how to work the register, mark items and appeal to customer satisfaction.
Proactive and Fun work place
Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Edgewater, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch as store goals are met
Learn to engage with multicultural co-workers as well as guest.
Fast Fun and Friendly enviornment.
Management is fair and inspires you to do better.
The hardest part of the day is closing and preping the store for the next day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is giving each and every guest an amazing experience at the target stores.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks, great work enviorment
Target was the best job I had, even with the position being seasonal I loved every second I spent at work. I learned a lot of information about the company and how they give back to the community and hold food drives within the community as well. My co-workers were awesome, the management staff was very helpful and did everything they could to help – more... out when needed. There wasn't really a "hard" part of my job because I enjoyed everything I was doing at Target. – less
Retail Management
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brighton MichiganSeptember 17, 2014
Enjoyed working for Target. Typical day included coaching and developing employees, identifying process shortfalls for areas of improvement and evaluating overall programming effectiveness.
Fun work place with opportunity to grow.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches on certain holidays (black fri.) and random snacks left in break room
A typical day would be ringing customers items as they came to my service line. Replenishing shelves with items customer no longer wanted or desired to have, keeping my work area clean and organized. Working guest serives, exchanging and returning items for customers. Cleaning store after closing hours. Management was great with the support and additional – more... service they provided to give our guest the best experience. I enjoyed working with my co-workers since we all had diverse backgrounds and could learn from each other. The hardest part of my job was letting a guest know we didn't have a certain items in stock or we didn't have that item to be sold and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist in other departments of the store when they were overworked. – less
A productive day
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 16, 2014
Helping customers with the best of my ability. ive leared how to talk to people in a respective manner. Get along with all of my co-workers. And have a great productive day.
Productive and interesting
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Vacaville, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexability & friendly people.
Cons: short breaks; management can be better.
∙ Separate various products from repack boxes into individually marked shopping carts.
∙ Transport carts to the correct aisle and stock them onto shelves.
∙ Scan the truck with a PDA and push boxes down the line.
∙ Work on the line and put boxes on specific pallets.
∙ Transport pallets to the sales floor with a pallet jack and put the boxes down the – more... correct aisle which will be stocked in the correct area.
∙ Post weekly ad with other team members for the upcoming week with a PDA. – less
Fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hesperia, CASeptember 16, 2014
I loved working at Target it was a fun environment and the pay is good.
Excellent team experience!
Logistics Team (Former Employee), niles, ohioSeptember 16, 2014
This benefited me greatly enabling me to work as a member of a close-knit team to accomplish goals & produce incredible results for our company.
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Midland, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: discount card imidently after starting
Cons: short breaks and no a/c for the first few hours
A typical day went by fast and was very productive. They are very giving with hours and time needed off. Target is a very family friendly environment.
friendly fun retail store
Sales Floor/Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: 10% off purchases
operating cash register
assisting guest
restocking the store
fast paced
Customer service, Sales Associate (Former Employee), newington ctSeptember 15, 2014
i did stocking i was trained to work at the customer service desk i worked in women apparel
Consumables Team Leader (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, excellent environment, growth and development
Cons: work schedule
I really love my job at Target. I have done retail for 15 years and am looking for new and exciting challenges. Target has given me stability and developed me into the leader I am today.
horrible job
In-Stocks Team Member (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2014
horrible company. horrible guests. worst job ever. horrible pay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, – Read more