Target Employee Reviews in United States

Found 17,036 reviews matching the search
Fast food
Cashier/Softlines (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed working with target i learned many new skill with the cashier and softlines. I was able to work with a nice pace and friendly team that helped get the jobs done
Good place to work, but they don't schedule correctly
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2016
I loved the people, but they could never schedule me correctly, and would not accept my availability. Very friendly people and good atmosphere. They really strive to help their team members sell.
company no longer exists, sold off.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 27, 2016
was a job to get through when money was needed while going to school full time for automotive technology.

learned alot of sales tactics, how to get peoples attention and interest them in products,
Fun Fast and Friendly
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering multiple phone calls and find a solution to the problem. I enjoy finding solutions, but do not enjoy being on the phone.
Pros
Ten percent discount at Target
Cons
No discount in cafes at Target HQ locations
Great work environment
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 26, 2016
Target was a great work environment that provided "team building". Worked with a good group of people, and good management staff. I enjoyed working with the company, but I worked 3rd shift. It become to much for me over time, and I needed a change.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
3rd shift
Working well with team members of all departments
Overnight Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 26, 2016
Unloading trucks and stocking shelves. Learned to work well with co-workers and subordinates. Hardest part was losing team members, and most enjoyable was welcoming new ones.
Target
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJuly 26, 2016
Taking orders about customer requirements.Picking out goods that are requested by customers protect and control proprietary materials.
Understand of customers' needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
I've shopped and worked at better department stores
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
My Target leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't treat all employees the same. They do not allow flexibility in the schedule.
Good place to learn
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 26, 2016
Good place to learn and grow.

I manage and lead the Inbound department of a Target food distribution center. My primary roles are coordinating day-to-day warehouse operations, providing leadership and talent management to team members, as well as liaising with senior management and Target headquarters.
Poorly Managed with no consistency
Logistics Key Carrier Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNJuly 25, 2016
This could be a great company to work for except they do not award experience, simply looks and who can kiss the most behind. If you have an opinion on how the managers can do something better, then it is recommended to keep it to yourself, as they will will take it as personal insult and do what they can to harshly critique until you listen to the management without question. There is also a lot of passing the buck instead of the people that need to take the accountability for failures, but the managers are quick to take credit for their employees successes. When I started at this company it was much different. By they time I left it, they seemed to be going in the direction of wal-mart, and instead of setting people up for success, the leaders would do the opposite.
The team members that are not in the Executive Team Leads and up are probably some of the best people I have ever worked with. I found the hardest part of leaving was leaving the people and friends that I had made there. However, looking back I would never think twice about getting out when I did.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poorly managed at the executive level with all new "talent"
Amazing place too work for your first job, work aroundable scheudle.
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 25, 2016
My typical work day consist of making customers coffee, (Barista) in a fast pace greet customers the correct way and interact with the customers, too show great customer service. My most enjoyable times working at target in interacting with guest putting smiles on there faces. Coworkers are very friendly, most of them, every job isn't great. They all have them people that don't get along with some people.
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Hving to interact with iiritated guest
Interesting work environment
Salesfloor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Interesting work environment for those willing to work hard and have the patients for customers. Fair retail environment with a lot of diversity.
Operational knowledge and Executing day to day priorities is the biggest focus.
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 25, 2016
The organization as a whole is an enjoyable place to work but requires a lot of personal sacrifice. The team that you work for and create can be a very enjoyable experience, but sometimes the support from superiors can be absent during key moments. The emphasis is on delivering solid guest service results by focusing on operational excellence and bottom line profit. I learned how to deliver great results, build strong teams, and network within the organization.
productive,friendly,fast learner ,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 25, 2016
My day at work start by planning my work load .I do planagrams setting up and pulling product .I set new items that come out .I Work with guest selling and, cashier. I enjoy assisting guest .Something the hardest thing at my jobs is that I am only one person and with a high volume store we are very busy
Pros
great hours
Cons
short breaks
Cashier
Target - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 25, 2016
Its a typical day at work with good co-workers.
Needs better management, people that are capable of following the same rules they expect from their employees. Overall, it was a great learning experience.
Pros
Good employees.
Cons
Better management
Good place to work if you dont get fired
Warehouser(StockPicker) (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 25, 2016
The pay is great for the work you do. If you drive equipment, be careful because they will fire you for anything. The Operation managers seem cool, till they fire you and Dont give you a reason. So if you make it past your 90days, I salute you.
Pros
The pay, Get paid every week, Benefits if you make it past 90 days
Cons
They fire you for anything.
No chance to advance
Trainer/ Cashier/ Electronics (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 24, 2016
The majority of the employees are pleasent to work with and there is always something to do. The problem sometimes lie with the management whom try to act more like the boss than a leader. I worked there for nearly four years and about a month ago I was working on light duty after having a surgury and while on light duty they fired me due to me not moving fast enough for them, even though I still completed my taskes asigned to me before my shift endend.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
managment
It was nice at first...
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Natoma, CAJuly 24, 2016
Then it soon became clear that they did not desire me to succeed. Barely any workers, I was given enough work for several people and expected to do it all in four hours. The soon fired me after I started to take all the shifts no one wanted.
Pros
Nice break room. Sometimes free food.
Cons
Poor leadership, not enough employees, unrealitic expectations, fires then rehires.
Great People, no hours.
Electronics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 24, 2016
My Target had great coworkers, but management lacked in scheduling and professionalism. The hardest part of my job was staying interested in company direction. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with all kinds of people.
Cons
Not enough hours, little raises, little chance for promotion
Fun non stressful
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60609July 24, 2016
It was a good place to work while in school. Its not very stressful except management can be bad but I am sure its like that everywhere.
Pros
10% off