Target Employee Reviews

Found 22,089 reviews matching the search
depends on the leadership you have to drive your team to work
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2017
typical day is stressful, huge workloads, and understaffed. I learned to rely on myself and work independently. Management is not that bad. the workplace is decent.
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2017
Fun and interesting place to work but not if you are looking for a career. Great if you need a extra job or maybe a part time job while in school , unless your options include being a manger of some sort
Pros
very diverse; ethicity, religion, among other things.
chill place to work.
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 23, 2017
the management was really nice and friendly. I only worked the morning shift there. I had the days off I needed if I needed any. sometimes during the morning shift we would get busy but never to busy.
Pros
health insurance, 401k
Cons
seniority mattered.
This company is amazing!
Outbound warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2017
I worked for this company for a brief time, the location I worked was shutdown, but I enjoyed every day that I was scheduled to be at work. I really wish I could have stayed with them.
Target Review
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
Was at this job for only a seasonal position. Was nice to be working for part of a team instead of by myself. Was very accepting and overall it was a happy place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Target is a great company to work for if you like retail work. There are good benefits such as adoption assistance, and they are an LGBTQ friendly company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
customer service is hard
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 23, 2017
Target was my first job. I loved the friendly environment. Target knows how to treat their team members. I have nothing negative to say about Target. I was a sales floor associate, there was hard times but are team leaders would always motivate us.
clean
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 23, 2017
Target is a very clean store. Everyone is friendly and does their best to help you out right away. It feels like a family environment and you can find everything you need easily
Its a great steady job with great organization and quality item.
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 23, 2017
Target is a great work environment with great customers. The place encourages people to learn and grow with the company. I would recommend people to work here for the experience.
Very productive but also fun
Team Member, Stocking / Assets Protection (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 23, 2017
Even though there is a lot to do the time goes by quick due to the productivity of the job. The job can also be fun at times because of the people that are in it.
A job
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 23, 2017
To those who wish to make target their career; you wont get very far unless you are willing to put in serious effort because of the high competition. This is a low ceiling for growth if one does not have their BA.
Eh
Food Team Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2017
It is what it is. A big corporation that constantly tries to keep up with its competitors but forgets its employees and steadily increases the workload. It's good as a college job and if you want to advance the opportunity is there.
Pros
discount, benefits
Cons
everything else
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDJune 23, 2017
I learned how to merchandise shelving goods and help customers at the same time. i learned the art of multi tasking with this company and believe me you need it with every retail company you are to go into.
Easy and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 23, 2017
Target is one of the most easiest, chill jobs I've ever had in my life. As long as the communication between the customer and worker is great then your day will go by so smoothly. The breaks are okay, sometimes you don't wanna take a lunch and 2 breaks depending on how long your shift is but you have to, but the pay was pretty good for me being a teenager.
Pros
Free food occasionally and a few benefits
Cons
Too mnay breaks and not enough hours
Just get your work done
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 23, 2017
Worked there for about 2 years, I was looking to get cross-trained for a bunch of other departments to pick up some more hours, but they never cared to do so.
Pros
Easy work, flexible schedule
Cons
no full-time jobs/ won't let you pick up significant hours
Sales Floor..etc
Receiving & Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 23, 2017
Started on the sales floor, then moved to receiving and then was also working in the pharmacy. Lots of room to advance with Target. The only negative would be the working nights and weekends, which is with every retail company.
Fast paced work environment
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 23, 2017
When I worked at target I was in high school and the work experience I had was great. The employees were easy to work with and we had a team ideology at this location.
It was okay for a first job in a while.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  CTJune 23, 2017
The job was pretty demanding when it came to keeping the store organized and clean while constantly stocking shelves. The managers required people to be quick paced in zoning the aisles but you were not allowed to take any shortcuts. My manager was especially critical about zoning and would notice any aisles left a slight mess. Always keep in mind that your faults at the job are far more glaring than your great work.
Pros
Food and drinks in the break room.
Cons
Zoning
Flow Team
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJune 23, 2017
Target work force has changed, more concern for speed to get the truck unloaded. Work pace has increased, allot more errors and injuries to employee's. No more concern for neatness is stocking shelves-just get the truck done- no matter what. Not a very friendly environment anymore.
Pros
Free snacks once in awhile.
Cons
Breaks are just 15 minutes and no longer.
Overall enjoyable company to work for
Corporation Executive Team Lead Intern (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 23, 2017
Target tries to show its employees that they are not just another team member. Leadership is incredibly diverse from store to store. No two days are alike when it comes to retail management, one day everything goes smoothly and others are completely chaotic.

You gotta love working closely with a team to ensure the store runs efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.