Target Employee Reviews

Found 20,174 reviews matching the search
Back Room Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2017
I didn't like working there they didn't pay enough money for the work you do. I didn't like management because they didn't know who was in charge. I hate target
I hated it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2017
Management changed often .which is never good . i started as a cashier and was crossed teained in other areas. But the hours were bad.my gsa were horrible couldnt find them half the time. Did there job most of the time . and goodluck if you need h.r. they listein but do nothing but make excuses .target only cares about money not people. Unless your signing up for a redcard .you dont matter. My advice save your self .time .stress and apply some where else.
Pros
Met a few new friends
Cons
Everything about target.
Fun and good environment but not a secure job.
Guest Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 26, 2017
Its a fun environment but not job is never secure. For those who loves to talk like me is great. The hardest part of the job was to close at 12:30 am and then come to work the next day at 6:00 am.
Pros
Target makes sure you take your break on time.
Cons
If lunch has not been taken before the 5th hour, you are on probation. Second time will be fired.
Not a bad place to work
Flow Team Member/Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 25, 2017
Started on morning truck unload (flow team), and eventually moved to the back room, which involved taking items out of storage for shelves. Also put bikes together for some extra hours here and there.
Had some fun games from time to time
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 25, 2017
Target was a good starter job for making some money. The store was bad a guest service and didn't care at all of price or product as long as there was a sale made.
Pros
Free food all the time
Cons
Healthcare if needed
good pay
Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 25, 2017
work was pretty much repetitive and simple. management was good; willing to work with you if you needed to take some last minute time off. probably the 'hardest' part of work was working with coworkers because some of them didnt do their job and it affected your own numbers sometimes
Awful long term job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 25, 2017
Generally, don't plan on working here as a career. more as a stepping off point. It has some great balance of work/life but promotes from outside and has a toxic culture.
Best place to work in retail.
Softlines and Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 25, 2017
Traget has created a world class brand and a culture of praise and accomplishment for it's team members. You feel appreciated when you work hard.
- the hardest part are the late night hours cleaning up the store after a shift if you work nights.
Pros
Company culture and large crew that becomes close in friendship.
Cons
Retail hours.
It's a great working environment and experience
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 25, 2017
The working environment is great, personality is key, being yourself in this type of working environment will help you a lot. The hours are convenient, and the schedule varies, if you're looking for a part time job for extra money I would recommend applying for a Target job.
Flow Team Member
Flow Team (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2017
Basically my job is to come in at 6AM to unload the truck, and then stock the store with a team as directed by our supervisor. After about two weeks of this system Target switched to a dedicated stocking system that assigned each individual to stock their own specific area of the store. Mine is Chemical (600 boxes of Tide,Gain, windex) It's exhausting

I'm not going to lie. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. They want you to be finished by certain times each day, which means you'll be moving nonstop for a good 5 hours a day. 5 hours isn't enough
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Lots of work in a short amount of time.
diverse culture
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 25, 2017
Target has a diverse culture that allows its team members to learn many work centers. Holidays are busy. Friendships are easy to build. Management usually works with schedule flexibility.
Pros
Many work stations available for learning
Cons
Working holidays
ok to work here
seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAApril 25, 2017
This job was ok. Never a hole lot of energy in the work place. Hours were always cut short, also seasonal job that i really didn't want to stay with due to management being poor.
ok seasonal job
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 25, 2017
working here was ok. Wish it was more flexible with hours and paid more. They don't tell you that you do your job plus the job for others. Overall it was a pretty good experience,
Over night merchandise flow and floor set.
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 25, 2017
Stocking Housewares after the truck was unloaded. Stag freight down the isles until truck if finished. Expedite freight, read UPC , back stock, trash.
Pros
One hour for lunch.
Cons
Good health and 401k
It's a great place to work, you just have to be good with the public.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2017
I wish target was better about schedules. I want designated days of the week I'm working. Unfortunately, that is never given to me. Management is always great and they always work as a team.
Productive and fun work place very organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
I been with the company for a few years I like my job and what I do but would like to expand more a lot of work to get done target is a fun and friendly place to work
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
District Team Leader role
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 25, 2017
I spent several years with Target and truly learned a lot from this company. They were definitely focused on developing talent for the future. Their focus on brand dominance and standards was precedence setting.
Enjoyable workplace
cosmetics brand merchandiser (Former Employee) –  700 Barnes san marcos texasApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with all my team members.Hard work was never unnoticed.Management was good. Changes in the work place was inevitable.all around good
Pros
making a difference
Cons
non-team players, and not seeing your customers
Fun workplace
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
I worked at Pizza Hut that was inside of Target. Pizza Hut was a new environment for me cause I never worked with food before and I love learning new things.
Fun first time work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2017
They love their guest as much as they live their employees. Management was always helpful. You always got the sense of teamwork on every shift. They accommodate to your lifestyles needs if you have kids, school, and/or another place of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.