Target
8,942 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Upbeat enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: retail business can be hard to move up in.
Typical work day would include anything from running the guest service desk, to working in the pharmacy, and sometimes supervision of cashiers. There was really no hard part to the job. I learned everything the first time it was told to me and contuined to grow within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers smile.
Corporate expectations are just not working
Logistics (Former Employee), TNJuly 23, 2014
I honestly do not believe Target's Minneapolis headquarters understand the reality of how most team members currently feel. Between a rocky 4th quarter in 2013, a first year failure of Target Canada and the large data breach during Christmas, team members are the ones feeling the strains of corporates recent failings. Stores are being poorly staffed, – more... while new operation plans are asking nearly impossible goals on each team member. Your chance of advancements with Spot are also quite poor. Favoritism is very strong among stores, with dedicated workers being kept in their respected areas while certain "chatty" employees are heavily favored for promotions. Your store team leaders will use words like "opportunities" and give most employees the run around. Let's also not forget cutting team members average hours to avoid healthcare (Target dropped part time Health Insurance in 2014), HR can simply alter your hours to avoid covering you if they choose. This is not the place to support yourself or build a career unless you have a Bachelors Degree or plan to intern for Target, the payroll is simply not there anymore for regular team members. I did enjoy my most my coworkers, but between the growing work load and pay, staying with Target is simply not an option. – less
fun and interesting
Salesfloor Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits
very fun place to work there is a lot of different people to meet and get to know
they was paying me good
unload/stock (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 23, 2014
i was unloading the truck and stocking i also learning using a PDA
overall decent work environment
Presentation team member (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 23, 2014
too many leads not enough followers. work day consisted of pulling products off shelves then setting the shelves and following that placing product back on the shelves. while completing these tasks i was also responsible for guest interaction.
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hampon, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free food/snacks in break room.
Cons: not enough workers on closing shift.
At the Target I started working at I mostly work the closing shift 4pm-11pm. During that shift there are any where from two to five sales floor people working in my area. My job is to zone multiple areas, to make it appear as if it hasn't been shopped so it looks presentable for the following day. I would have to say the challenge of my job would be – more... making it appear un-shopped and neat while guest are still in the store shopping. Also not having enough sales floor personal and having to reply to back up on the registers when on a timely schedule makes things a little challenging. Being a part of a hard working team was the most enjoyable part of my job. Occasional I would step up to assist my team leader in keeping track of what the team members were doing and make sure it was being done correctly. Management always verbally awarded us for our hard work being completed although there were issues working against our time limit. – less
A very customer based company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 22, 2014
Pros: customers, management, co-workers, environment.
Cons: n/a
Working for Target was very fun for me. It was a great environment, great co-workers, great management, and very organized. I enjoyed being able to be the friendly and polite person I am with the customers. I did everything from answering phone calls in the fitting room, inventory, cleaning, organizing, stocking, and back-up cashiering.
was Great experience
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 22, 2014
Working here was a great experience that taught me a lot about customer service and building relationships with the customers. Also learned a lot from fellow employees.
Loved it!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay, hours, management, benefits
Best place to work. Friendly, flexible work schedule, ability to advance quickly good hours and pay
Fun place to work when not tired
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: 15% off anything in store
Cons: harsh hours
I worked overnight unpacking the trucks and it was bad. I would be so tired stocking items. I would sleep all day and wouldnt be able to do anything. Co-workers were super nice though.
great training
Team Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: demanding
Cons: lack of benifits
good job and long days. Management rarely interact with associates.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJuly 22, 2014
go to work learn the function before being moved to the next function friendly workers and hardest part is getting 180 boxes per hour and most enjoyable is driving forklift and getting the work done.
new place
Back room team lead, food (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2014
i just moved when i started here and the company was great they saw a lot in me and because of that needed me in to positions i stepped up to the challenge and did well
FUN GOOD
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
ALWAYS ON TIME
WORK TOGETHER
ONLY AT NIHGT AND I LIKE DOING THAT.
Fun and productive
Remodel/Flow team member (Former Employee), University Heights, OHJuly 22, 2014
Redo isle setup
Restock
Inventory check
Learned behind the scenes of merchandising
Co-workers were cool
Hardest part of job would be when there was no room for the overstock
Most enjoyable part was the learning process
Flexible Scheduling
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNJuly 22, 2014
It's been a long time since I've worked at Target, so I'm not sure what the culture is like there anymore. When I worked there the scheduling was good as was the opportunity for advancement and cross-training in other departments. Benefits at the time I worked there were very good.
Very fast paced
Logistics (Former Employee), Riverbank, CAJuly 21, 2014
A very fast paced work environment, frumpy co-workers, but working graveyard isn't much of a very paradise anyways. Working logistics at Target was descent enough to survive through the weeks.
fast fun and friendly job to work for
Guest Service Rep (Current Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 21, 2014
Typical days of work consist of assisting guest with returns and exchanges. Open new credit accounts, except payment on existing accounts, sorting re-shop, helping management in monitoring the front lanes due to lunches and breaks of other team members. The hardest part of the day would be, not being able to be of any assistance to the guest within – more... the store and the guest then have to be referred to our corporate office. When this happens, the guest may become very upset due to the inconvenience that it may cause them and as a result they begin bad mouthing the associates in front of other guest and team members. Furthermore, they try to make matters worse by making it seem as though they were not assisted or helped at all when, we all take the initiative to go the extra mile in assisting our customers with all of their needs and wants and put them first. On the other hand the most enjoyable part the work day would be the 10 or more guest that comes after that 1 rude guest and say how well I handled that situation and starts to express how the whole situation could have turned ugly if someone else were to be put into the same predicament. The target that I am employed at is centrally centered around a residential neighborhood therefore, our guest frequently visit 2 to 3 times a day, so we pretty much have built a relationship with and know each other very well although, I myself don't reside no where remotely around or in their neighborhood. I like to think that me, being the person that I am brings nothing but joy to my heart and the passion to lend a helping hand whenever anyone is in need. – less
Fun Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free food in the break room, discounts
Target is much like a family knit environment. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. They welcome you with open arms and are willing to answer any and all questions you have.

I was a team member on the sales floor. The average day you "zone" or organize the section you were assigned and help any customers that may have questions. On busy days you – more... may have to go up to the cash register to help cut the lines down. You're only suppose to be there for a few minutes but you could end up being there for 30+ more depending on how busy it is.

I can not speak for all management for Targets' but the one I worked at was okay. Some days they would seem they had a game plan and idea and others they were scrambling to make things work. I would have to say this was the worst part because they would blame the employees for not getting things done even though they had horrible planning on their part or did not have enough people there.

I think I just enjoyed that you could be silly in this place and it was just fun. Like in every job you have, you have to make the best of it. – less
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Logistics Flow Team Member (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free meals, and entertainment outings.
Cons: healthcare, lack of employees.
My Typical day at Target is working overnight from minimum one day to maximum four days a weeks at the hours of 11:45pm to 7:00am in the soft-line department. I work with up too three employees. There are no management over in the soft-line department. The hardest part of the job is pulling plastic off of merchandise out of many repack boxes and finishing – more... up by 1:00 a.m. to start the replenishment process. The most enjoyable part of my job is socializing with my other. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, – Read more