Target
12,602 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

Very Loving and Comfortable environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJune 2, 2015
I worked during the holiday seasonal, and it was extremely busy. But management gave me a lot of training time so that I could feel comfortable with my work.

They're also really good about being flexibly when it comes time to making schedules
Productive and entertaining.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOJune 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch (sometimes), appreciation, and of course being paid and employeed.
Cons: no deadlines are met, team work isn't being displayed, and no sense of urgency.
Unload the truck then assigned to specialty areas or continue on to stock shelves.

How to approach different situations appropriately, work clean and fast, pay attention to detail, team work, communication.

Taking leadership position to complete a large task by guiding and motivating my team.

Assist co-worker if necessary, friendly conversations, develop a level of respect, work as a team, train.

Hardest part is covering the lack of work done by another co-worker that refuse to work accordingly or doesn't take their job seriously.

Most enjoyable part is everyone work as a team and all deadlines are met or completed ahead of time.
Fun fast paced work environment
Logistic Team Member (Current Employee), Morgan Hill, CAJune 1, 2015
Typical work day starts early in the morning when we unload the truck. Then we stock all the product that we unloaded. We must also recycle all the plastic and cardboard before the day is finished.
Strong development culture
Executive Team Leader of Human Resources (Former Employee), CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits of medical and dental, vacation, salary.
Cons: Recognition to upper management was minimal.
Was great to work for a company who is passionate in development and training. This company focused on sales results more so on the operations of human resources which is what I am passionate about. Really getting appreciation and support was something that you had to seek out instead of receiving.
Fast paced, competitive work environment
Associate Logistics Analyst | Contractor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: No Target benefits as a contractor
The In-Store Marketing Logistics Analyst position provides a broad range of duties including procurement, inventory management and cross functional teamwork. Delivering the correct signage to the right stores at the right time is the core functional responsibility. These stores include current stores, new stores, remodeling stores and innovation stores. The Logistics Analyst must also manage the back stock at the warehouse by reducing the warehouse footprint whenever possible while forecasting for future demand based on upcoming projects. Communicating with others to obtain the knowledge which is essential to making educated decisions is imperative to working at a high level at Target.
Executive Team Leader of Human Resources (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJune 1, 2015
A fast, fun, and friendly place to work. No two days are ever the same. There is a new challenge everyday. Great team atmosphere!
Good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: great starter job, fun environment, staying busy
Cons: short breaks, no backup support at times, low wages
This company is great to work for if you need a part time job while going to school or just want a few hours a week. There are many college students that work there so its a really great environment for younger people. The pay is minimum wage so you have to be fine with that however you can earn extra money by getting customers to open a Target card. In the off season your hours could be cut drastically. Sometimes you may even get one shift a week. You must be able to handle a busy work environment, during busy store hours there will be a lot of work to be done and lots of cleaning and prep work after the store closes for the night
Productive workplace
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2015
Target is a great company to work for. I have been here for years and enjoy being part of a great team. The best part of my job is accomplishing our sales goals and being a top performing store in the San Antonio area.
good employees
Team Leader (Current Employee), Dumfries, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: great guest service
Cons: lacks on training hours to fully train new employees
The employees strives to learn new skills, but now enough resource to grow or get the skills they needed
* Managements get to transferred often
* the hardest is there is not enough support to grow
fun place to work
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Cicero, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: great people person building skills
Cons: not appriciated
get to work count my register, get change if necessary. provide my customers with a fast and efficient check out. clean up around all the registers and take the returns into the proper bins, also would work customer service with were all returns or payments. delt with unhappy customers but i did all i could to have them walk out satisfied.
Really fun, exciting place.
Director Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 1, 2015
Great, caring, intelligent people. A lot of fun. Exciting initiatives, being on the forefront. Development is wonderful.
Typical Retail Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2015
Working for Target was not a bad experience. Everyone was always energetic and full of energy. The store was always well organized and everyone went above and beyond whether it was their position or not.
I started this job as a seasonal worker and left this job due to medical reasons.
Cashier (Former Employee), Holland, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: fair amount of breaks
Cons: healthcare, cared too much about statistics
I started at Target as a seasonal employee and actually loved it. I loved the fact that it was fast-paced, I loved the people I worked with, I loved that I got to train in different areas and learn different things.
Review
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAJune 1, 2015
Responsible for maintaining the cash register. I would provide excellent customer service, while simultaneously trying to convince customers to open a credit card with us. I would occasionally close, and in doing so I was responsible for cleaning my work area and assisting managers with whatever task needed to be done.
Great Place to work but was not a student friendly with hours
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 1, 2015
Okay money, high energy, but was hard to get the hours I needed for school due to the fact of many schedule mess ups and a lot of bad talk from employees about management due to bad schedules and not enough training
Softlines Associate (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJune 1, 2015
Great company to work for. I enjoyed working with everyone and the atmosphere was great . They give you plenty opportunities to grow within the company.
Working at Target was very productive and exciting.
Overnight Team Member (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 1, 2015
The thing I liked most at Target were how positive and helpful my coworkers were. They made it feel less like a job which made it entertaining to be there.
Fun workplace, great flexible schedule.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 1, 2015
Pros: Get lots of discounts and have access to different type of savings accounts, incentives from co-workers, lots of free food throughout the year.
Cons: Tension between different teams can become a stress that is difficult to deal with
There's like 20 different types of jobs in the store and there's flexibility if you ever want to try or move to a different position. For the most part its very predictable, typical group projects and interpersonal behaviors in team work. Usually, each team member on the sales floor are required to used walkies to communicate to each other. Anyone that works early morning or in the backroom are required to have access to a PDA. Guest Service is the number one priority with Target. Their motto is "Fast, Fun, and Friendly". Helping guests comes first. Second priority is to get the project, or whatever you're working on, done fast and efficiently. And of course while doing all of these duties on the job, you are required to have fun. Target is very corporate, so if you represent the Target brand very well, then its very easy to move up in positions at Target, as long as they are available. They hardest part of the job is keeping yourself motivated to work with the same people and the same routine daily. And its also hard to filter the lack of communication sometimes with all the different managers.
Great place
Perishable Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 1, 2015
This was a great place to work love the environment and the customers were awesome. Everybody stayed happy and up beat. In 6 months I became a manager, loved the chance for advancement.
In-Stocks Specialist
In stocks Specialist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere, Positive, Encouraging Uniformity, Free Lunches, Manageable Time, Diverse Work, Direct Deposit and Bank, Healthcare, 401 K Plan, Several Discounts
Find the proper equipment, enter into my task list, scan for out-of-stock product. Set some revisions in assigned departments while maintaining an organized section for scanning. Put up PTM labels and headers in each department. Constantly check guest orders and retrieve them in a timely manner. Research the products with drastic low counts in all departments within the store, after scanning is complete all research items from the batches scanned are pulled to be pushed to the sales floor using the proper devices and equipment. Excessively alert the leader on duty of pulls and pushing on the line and guest orders while pulling products from the backroom, constantly check status with team lead and converse the stores nature; concerning guest, sales, and previous and future duties. Continue pushing merchandise to the sales floor and assist guest to assure overall satisfaction from arrival till department with a smile, helpful attitude and proper devices. Conduct a review of the drastic count report and complete while scanning for sale item out-of-stock products.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries