Target Employee Reviews in United States

Found 16,842 reviews matching the search
Fast, Fun & Friendly
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2016
Fast, Fun, Friendly is a slogan used in Target. It expresses how you as a Target Team Member should approach and interact with every guest! It also speaks to the environment in its self.
Friendly, & fun work envrioment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2016
I liked the fact that there are multiple responsibilities on a daily basis. Within my 2nd month of my employment, I was trained to be a cart attendant, and work in the cafe.
Pros
Great discounts, free flu shots, swap shift availability.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAJune 28, 2016
Fast paced, fun environment with lots of great people! Not a lot of hours but pay is good. Most anyone would like a job here.
terrible
Flow team member and Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJune 28, 2016
Repeatedly over the time I worked at Target I asked for more hours and training and I would be told that they were working on it and then I wouldn't hear anything unless I brought it up again.

Also Target is supposed to be a family owned company but when my father was in the hospital my boss told me that Target was more important and Target came first.
Pros
they catered a lot
Cons
hours
Productive and fun
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 28, 2016
Loved working with the different cultures of people, the non repetitive work day, great hours and benefits. management was very thoughtful about your personal matters.
Productive work days, and decent management.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 28, 2016
The best shift of my typical work week were closing shifts. However, the most convenient experience was guiding guests on store information.
Great place
Customer Serivce Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2016
Always interesting new people everyday. Love working in an office. I worked for 3 years counting the cash everyday. Loved every min of it.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 28, 2016
Very upbeat environment to work in. Great staff and customer interactions. Hardest part of the job is selling Red Cards, but rewarding when you do get one. A typical day is very busy which makes the time go by fast
ok
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 27, 2016
it was OK working there. depending on the in store management, that will determine how your stay will be with Target
Despite problems with management, still a good work environment
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 27, 2016
After working at Target for over 2 years, I can say they truly cultivate an environment that is very much guest-centric. While it may be seen as putting guests before your fellow employee (as I've often heard while working), it is the mindset that sets Target ahead in customer satisfaction that competitors like Wal-Mart. The main gripe I had working for my store were the ETLs (Executive Team Leaders). While some were hard-working individuals with a "lead from the front" attitude, most were lazy, complained too much, and did not cultivate a positive work environment that makes it enjoyable to work.
Pros
Typically friendly and close-knit work environment
Cons
Short unpaid lunches, unlivable wages, and problems with management
Awesome bosses and nice rewards- awful turnover rate.
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 27, 2016
I worked as a Barista at Starbucks inside Target.
A typical day for me would be clocking in, heading to Starbucks, washing my hands, and making drinks/ringing up customers.

They are extremely careful about making sure everyone gets their breaks and lunches so that was awesome. Management was very nice and understanding. Some of my coworkers were incredible and I still talk to them now! I even befriended the Starbucks Team Lead and we still talk now. 10% Discount was also nice! The pay was great honestly- I definitely felt like I was earning what I deserved.

I loved working at Target, The problem was scheduling. We lost like three employees that worked 30-40 hours a week and they were struggling to hire people so I was getting scheduled more hours than I could work.
Pros
Free lunch with red cards and reviews, discounts, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Turnover rate, understaffed
Pros and cons are about even
Meat Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 27, 2016
When you first start working there its a bit confusing but just like any other job you get used to it. Remember to be organized and use time management skills to stay on top of your duties. Management is touch and go you'll have good and bad managers and from time to time you'll have amazing managers and horrible ones as well. Show initiative and you will get noticed. Over all its a good work environment with really good people.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Horrible guests
the team members are fun and helpful
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 26, 2016
however the hours i am getting right now is not satisfactory. however its not easy to leave when you are friends with most of the team
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not great hours
Good job while still in school
Cashier/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 26, 2016
Working at Target was a good experience. I learned a lot in my role in Customer Service. As a cashier and working in Guest Service you will be BUSY on the weekend!
Productive workplace and great team culture
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 26, 2016
Mondays and Fridays are the busiest. My job involves managing my boss' calendar and expenses. I coordinate his/her travel, meetings, etc. A lot of great people work at Target. I have the resources I need to do my job. Team work oriented culture.
Pros
Great team culture
fast/fun working environment
Sr. Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2016
While working at target i learned everything there is to know about being a pharmacy technician. Here is where I learned all bout sigs, top 200, and even brands and generics. They assisted me when i was studying for my PTCB and gave me all the tools required in order to pass my exam.
Pros
willing to help, very understanding, helpful, fun, fast passed
Cons
unable to advance in company, tap out raise after a certain amount
friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 26, 2016
target is a good place to work, friendly atmosphere, and a safe place to work. i also enjoyed to train and travel to other dc's to train.
Pros
the people
Cons
being laid off
okay job
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 26, 2016
Target was a hard job to keep, and I was looking for another job ever since I started. The managers really do not care about their employees, and will fire you in a heart beat. We were always understaffed and the checkout lanes were always super long.
Good until they sold to cvs
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 26, 2016
Target was a great place to work until they sold to CVS. Now CVS has too many rules and regulations. The workflow is terrible, and all the new systems keep making it slower. Then they have the adacity to time you on top of it.
A great place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 26, 2016
CVS was the best job I had. I learned to much about running a store , how to problem solve , team work and so much more working for this company.