Target

13.4K reviews

Target Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Cashier/Guest Services (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: People, guest, co-workers and great management staff
Cons: Push of Red cards and late night cart pulls
Great place to work. Love my team and management staff is great. Very easy to work with and get time off when needed. I learn something new every time I work.

The hardest part of my day is getting things – more... done when we are extremely busy. The only good thing is that during those times everyone from every department will pitch in and make sure every thing gets done.

Most enjoyable part of my job is telling our Guest about Cartwheel the Target app and helping them save as much money as possible. I especially love to work with our coupon shoppers and announcing how much they have saved. – less
Good for a first job!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 3, 2015
If your looking for advancement, not a good place to be . They do work well with students, but they don't offer any benefits for part-time workers and yearly reviews are a joke. Not the worst place to start but not the best either.
Target in N.E. Ohio
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 3, 2015
Target isn't a terrible company to work for, but the nepotism is out of control. In the two years I worked for the company, I progressed up the corporate ladder to position of Senior Team Lead and was – more... in their "development" program. In that time, I witnessed 3 Assistant Store Managers come to the store for training who were utterly under-qualified for the position and could not comprehend the job. Yet, they knew someone who got them hired so they had a management position. Yet they say they want "the right person for the right job." – less
Depends on Management if you love/hate it
Cosmetics' Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasAugust 3, 2015
Pros: The team members and lots of cosmetic and health & beauty freebies
Cons: No real room for advancement
I worked at Target for over 10 years, was my first job. I had excellent managers and horrible managers. I was able to have a flexible schedule to go to college. My manager supported my desire to graduate – more... college, so he allowed me to work whenever I wanted. Also I was able to travel to others stores (all expenses paid) to setup their cosmetics displays. The one thing that made me leave was, when I graduated I applied for an ETL position and wasn't even granted an interview. Fresh out of college with no retail experience people were getting hired as ETLs. I saw no future for me to grow so I left and didn't look back. – less
Stressful
Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOAugust 3, 2015
Pros: every other weekend off
Cons: no staff
The company as a whole has cut their payroll budget immensely, making it nearly impossible to run a successful sales floor.
Third Shift Review at Target
Team Member (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2015
A typical night at target consists of a long night with no AC, a few short breaks and management that's more to giving orders than being hands on and being a true part of the overnight crew.
Only – more... team leads and above were given the opportunity to become full time and gain benefits, but overnight staff expected you to stay until the truck is completely unloaded, yet don't schedule you for those hours. – less
demanding work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 3, 2015
Too Demanding
I learned to enhance my customer service skills.
The management was too pressuring for redcards threatening your job almost each week
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with new people
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and getting cross training.
my coworkers were nice people, very social and easy to get along with.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), madison, WIAugust 3, 2015
Pros: breask are scheduled
Cons: we had to sell red cards (memeber cards)
I am a Am cashier I would come in clean my check lane and turn on the register light and stand in front of my Lane so guest knew I was open. Checkout guest as fast as possible so I pass the speed of checking out. be polite and always greet and smile.
Fast paced work environment, Friendly workers
Senior Presentation Team Leader (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work. I stayed for 23 years so they must be doing something right!

Typical day of work is interacting with guests, building displays, cashiering and keeping shelves neat for guests to shop.
fast fun and friendly
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work. Great co-workers and Leaders. They work well around school hours. They are willing to train you in whatever area you would like to learn in the store.
Busy and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Redlands, CAAugust 3, 2015
Target was very busy but fun. the management there is very diverse. the mangers are always there to provide assistance and educate on skills
Working for Target
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Redwood city, CAAugust 3, 2015
Working for Target I had to multitask. Between answering phone calls, helping customers in store, cashiering, and handling the fitting room. I had a lot on my plate but I love staying busy so it worked out for me.
generally target is a nice organisation to work for.
Backroom team member (Former Employee), MiamiAugust 3, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: schedule
employees were compensated for what they did but target's management team was lacking the proper skills to effectively run the operations of the daily business of the organisation.
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2015
The employees are nice and helpful. Management are pretty decent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with horrible customers. Management show appreciation to their employees at times.
Could've been better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Redlands, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: free food/ coffee fun events
Cons: no communication lack of scheduling
I was a cashier, maintained a clean working environment, organized gift cards and bags, dealt with different customers mean and nice, had to obtain a goal of a certain amount of red cards
Fun work place
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great team and always busy.
Cons: No benefits.
I loved working for Target stores! An absolute great team to work with and big chances for advancement. Very fair store.
Fun workplace, although not much room for more compensation or advacement
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: laid back, easy
Cons: low pay, no advancement
I worked at target for two years, in that time I got a raise of 25 cents and never had an opportunity for advancement. The work culture was fun, easy going, and the people that I worked with were fun to work with.
Hard work with great rewards
Executive Team Leader, Sales Floor (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 3, 2015
Pros: TM discount, great benefits, matching 401k
Cons: Long hours if your salaried, not enough hours if your hourly
Hard work is recognized with great benefits and a great environment to work in. Sometimes the hours are long but the rewards more than make up for it. Target is a fantastic company with tons of growth potential in and out of the store.
Productive and fun place to work... great work colleagues.. great team
Instocks Team member (Current Employee), Austin, north east, TxAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Peanut butter and jelly and bread in breakroom.
Cons: Gets hot when working!
Helping guests find what they are looking for!.

Work with a great team!

Management are fun and friendly and hard-working!

The hardest part is getting my job done... guests come first

but that comes with a price sometimes!!!
Work with great people!
Human Resource Team Member (Former Employee), Monaca, PAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: working with great personalities, they train you in different areas to keep the day interesting
Cons: low pay, work on the weekends and holidays
I was hired and temp but within 1 month was asked to become an HR Team Member.
I worked during the day and was usually out by 2 or 3 PM to go home and get dinner started.

Target was extremely flexible – more... with schedules and particular days needed off. My boss was so diligent in ensuring I got as close to 40/wk as possible.

I made life-long friends here. The job itself may have been boring and perhaps a little unchallenging at times, but the people I worked with every day made it worth while. Very team-oriented work environment and I never heard any gossip about other members.

The downside was the pay. Obviously it was a minimum wage job. If they would/could pay more, I would have stayed. – less
Headquarters