13,009 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Homewood, ILJune 30, 2015
The work was interesting and the people I met were great. Customer service is a thankless job for the most par, but Target made an effort to make me feel valuable.
Over night stocker
Over Night Team Member (Seasonal only) (Former Employee), TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: Got sick
Under load trucks and put merchandise on the floor. Stock shelves and make end caps. Hard work but was good money. Had to leave, because got sick and had to go to the hospital to have a surgery.
Mismanaged
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: Store discount
Cons: Too many employees to allow full time shifts
New management came into the store and there is no quarantee of anyone's position anymore. There is favortism among other team members and after 11 years of dedication there is no guarantee of a 40 work week with the hiring of a huge staff.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Customer Service (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 30, 2015
A typical day at Traget is very fast pace and very business. What I did not like about Target is that the management was not good. The hardest part of about this job is that you never know what kind of customers you will deal with and they can be pretty rude at times.
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Target management creates a very positive and motivating atmosphere This company has great benefits for their associates. The staff is friendly and treats customers and associates with respect.
Any typical retail job, with friendly coworkers
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 30, 2015
It gave me a job when I needed it. The work itself is retail, it's nothing special if you had worked retail before. My positives are mostly with my coworkers and supervisors, they are generally friendly people who are willing to work with you if you ask them.
Positive work environment with terrible pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Chandler, AZ / Flagstaff, AZ / San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: Terrible pay unlikely to keep up with inflation
My seven plus years with Target has been a very
positive learning experience. I have taken on
varying roles throughout the multiple stores I
have had the pleasure of working for in both
Arizona and California. These new environments
allowed me to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
and unique individuals I have encountered
along the way.
Very repitive with job duties
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 30, 2015
Staff was very pleasant but management was not so flexible at times. Customers in the area were rude and sometimes made experiences difficult. Breaks were very short, at times food was provided. Was one of the worst black Fridays I've had in retail.
target
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Chester, VAJune 30, 2015
this was my first job. they managers here molded me into who I am today. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. I learned many different things here
productive and fun place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: over night
stocking shelves over night. learned how to move at a fast pace. my co workers were interesting. hardest part of the job was the time frame we had to complete everything, most enjoyable was the quietness of over night
Friendly and Inviting.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of greeting, managing area, assisting customer issues, answering phones, and processing payments and returns. I learned better problem solving skills. Management was helpful and efficient when needed. My coworkers were well trained and willing to assist if necessary. The hardest part of the job was coming into contact with disrespectful customers, but I was trained to handle those situations positively. The most enjoyable part of the job was establishing customer rapport and having customers constantly compliment me on my friendly personality.
Busy guest oriented job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were caring and nice, sometimes free food
Cons: micro managing, disrespected, expected to do more than job description
I was the operator / fitting room attendant / sales associate / cashier / merchandiser. I learned how to use a PDF. Management was dependent on who was managing that day. All managers except for one were nice, motivational, understanding and treated the employees with respect. The one manager was sometimes nice but mostly disrespectful, uncaring, not understanding, inpatient and led me on to thinking I would get promoted only to get me to do more than my job description and not really going to promote me.

I enjoyed my co-workers and the guests.
LIKED WORKING WITH MANAGERS AND CO WORKERS
Sales associate (Former Employee), East Setauket, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: WORKING FULLTIME
Cons: NONE
ASSISTING CUSTOMERS ON SALES FLOOR STOCKING SHELVES BACK UP CASHIER WHEN NEEDED MANAGEMENT VERY FRIENDLY WHEN NEEDED CO WORKERS NICE HARDEST PART OF JOB WHEN RUNNING IN TO A PROBLEM, MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS
Productive and fun
Unloader and Merchandise stocker (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work at night so it was a lot cooler in the trucks
Cons: Night shift and if we couldn't stay late our hours were cut
Typical day at work:
•Clock in and head to the back to unload trucks
•After finished unloading the trucks take pallets to the floor
•Bring boxes to their correct destination
•Stock Shelves after all pallets have been brought to the floor
•Help manager with whatever task he needs
•Help fellow co-workers

What I learned:
•I learned how to be quick and efficient. Work with my co-workers to finish a hard task

Hardest part of the job:
•Unloading trucks because it is dangerous and very strenuous

Most enjoyable part of the job:
•Unloading trucks
Property Management Technician (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Plenty
Target culture is non existant. Open door policy is false and misleading. Employees are told the no retaliation of any kind would occur. This is a lie. be very careful trusting any management leaders.
Hiring people right out of college with no retial or management experience. This is very damaging to partnership and communication. Team members find this to be very frustrating. Which in turn leads to termination or quiting their job. Very difficult to work someone who is givin a job that requires responsibility and experience. Instead you have children who have a power complex. Their the boss and just do as you are told. Otherwise you will find your self applying to this guest position. In other words you will b e terminated. That by the way is a direct quote from a senior team lead speaking at backroom team member hudle.
I worked for target for several years. Unfortunetly the culture that I once embrassed and felt proud to be a part of, is now non existant. Think twice before applying for employment with this company. They will make you feel very comfortable at first and then blind side you. You have been warned.
Fun environment, few resources
Executive Team Leader - Human Resources (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 30, 2015
This is a great place to work because of the people. Almost everyone is fun to work with and has a great personality. Unfortunately, resources in retail environments keep getting thinner and thinner which makes the jobs harder and harder.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: They plan events and provide snacks on a semi-regular basis
Cons: slow periods that diminish hours
For me a day at Target generally includes being assigned an area to maintain thru your shift, helping guest with any questions and supporting the front of the store cashiers whenever they need assistance.
friendly evironment and flexible hours
Stockroom Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: can take time off whenever needed just provide notice.
Cons: raises are low.
most days are non stressful, hectics days are when back to school starts. co-workers are fun to work with everyday. working weekends and holidays are probably the hardest part of job.
Stock Person (Former Employee), CharlotteJune 30, 2015
Receiving and stacking of store merchandise and verifying the same with the items listed in the purchase order.Sorting the goods and merchandise and assigning relevant price tags and labels to the same.
job duties
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTJune 30, 2015
• Payment transactions processing - cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints – via phone and face-to-face.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
• Promoted exceptional customer service while providing information on procedures or policies.
• Request information or assistance using paging systems.
• Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
• Offer customers carryout service at the completion of transactions.
• Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries