Target Employee Reviews

Found 22,794 reviews matching the search
modern day slavery
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTJuly 20, 2017
didn't really like working here we are way underpaid and really overworked. especially when you have an entire football field to fold and only three people working on a weekend.
Pros
employees are friendly
Cons
managers and load of work and pay sucks
Busy, but a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 19, 2017
Target is overall a good place to work but sometimes you feel unwelcome at 1068. I have been there for 2 years and feel like I should have more than 11 hours of paid vacation when I worked there full time for most of the time
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only have 11 hours of paid vacation over the time span of 2 years
target
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 19, 2017
i got carts
work ethic
the were very not good at training an putting in time for the worker
very to them self.a day to day felt like your by your self
the best part of the job was shopping there
Good place to be employed
Property Managment Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2017
Target is a great place to work. I have learned how to be a thoughtful business owner through partnerships and collaborating with team members. The most enjoyable part about target are the team members and the bonds you build through working towards the same goal
Good Start to management
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJuly 19, 2017
It was a great opportunity to gain management experience under your belt. Target needs to work on balancing work and life and job politics for employees
Okay for retail
Visual Merchandising Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
It is the typical retail job. You will work weekends and holidays. It is expected of you. You can get a rotating weekend off schedule if you are a team leader or above.
work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 19, 2017
A very fast and growing work environment, with constant change and always new opportunities to learn and grow within the company. High motivation to obtain and meet your goals.
Terrible
Softlines Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 19, 2017
A typical day comes in, start your work, get hassled constantly by management, go to the huddle, and finish your work.
I learned my section pretty well and how to maintain my patience. The hardest part is the management, they are very petty and spiteful. The workplace culture is depressing.
The most enjoyable part was a couple of my coworkers and satisfied guest.
Pros
5% discount
just a job not a career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 19, 2017
when I first started I was never trained they put me on a register and that was my training. you have to talk customers into getting a red card and make sure your register is tidy and clean. you do work with some awesome people.
Pros
10 % off anything in store
Cons
can only use your store discount if you use red card or cash
Long hours were difficult, but the job was precisely what was advertised
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJuly 19, 2017
I found the 12 hour shifts to be brutal, but at least I have experience working long hours now. I don't have much else to say so hers are some random thoughts to get me to the 150 letter count............................................
Great place to work and great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working at target during my younger years. The staff was great. The only thing I would change is the management had a few short comings but nothing is perfect
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Great company
Cashier/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great on the job training opportunities . Great boss, employees and environment. If given opportunity would work for this company again. This was only a seasonal position I filled.
Fun and productive place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 19, 2017
I worked at Target for several years in high school and liked it decently. Depending on who the Lead on Duty was at the time, given there was much turnover really differed how much I enjoyed my job. The hours being in retail can be quite difficult.
Team work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2017
There was great teamwork that applied at Target warehouse in Tucson, Az. Everyone is friendly and is willing to help. There was always decent pay and times for breaks. Very well organized and always prepared staff in safe manor. The work location was also a beautiful drive.
Pros
Can be busy
Cons
Can be a far location
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2017
I loved working at Target. It was always something new, Interacting with people and making their day a better one made me feel good. My team was more then a team it was family, I enjoyed everyone i worked with, Management was the only problem they were younger then the people working and had NO experience in the department they were in charge off and couldn't really help the team when we had problems going on, But overall Target is a great company especially if you love doing something new everyday, also very flexible with your schedule.
Pros
Fast, Fun, and friendly enviornment.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Low moral and high workloads
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 19, 2017
In short: target is very wasteful. the floor must look full because people buy more stuff when it "looks full" . strong team members must do the slower members work without repercussion. Days are shortened with the same amount of workloads to be done.
Cons
Not allowed overtime.actually 40 hr weeks are rare
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 19, 2017
Well we always have a certain plan to reach at every meeting they will let you know the plan. Our goal is to reach that plan very fast pace always work to be done.
Very accepting and fun place to work
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 19, 2017
Target is a great place to work. They have a lot of areas for company growth within the store side retail management. The culture of the store is great with lots of fun people to work with. I enjoyed working there.
Held many positions from Advertising to trend, design and product development in many product categories
Textile Designer/Hardlines Stationery and Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
Held multiple positions and had the experience of learning and growing with a growing fortune 500 company in the trend, design, and product development fields. Every position I learned so much from and experienced continual growth within. Target was an amazing company to work for. In my time there, every position I held I learned from and advanced from exponentially.
Pros
benefits, on the job learning
Cons
Energidic and great place to work
Food Ave Team Member (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 19, 2017
Target is a great place to work. you have great leadership and positive feedback. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the smiles on the guest.
Pros
you get a store discount
Cons
you have short lunchess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval