Target Employee Reviews in United States

Found 17,008 reviews matching the search
Good company to start working for
Team Member Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 22, 2016
Worked for several years there, In the beginning things were a little frustrating and very fast paced but once I got the routine down, I began to really enjoy serving people in the customer service setting.

I held a lot of respect for many of my supervisors. Some I have even continued to keep in touch with since I left the company. My coworkers were friendly good people on the whole.

The hardest part of the job was working on days with heavy guest turn-up like on Black Friday or Christmas Eve. And with such little pay. However, such is the way of retail.
Pros
Good Place to Start Working
Cons
Busy days and lack-luster paycheck
Overall was a good place to work...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 22, 2016
I did enjoy my time at target. For the most part, the people were friendly, and management was easy to work with. The problem comes when you have management who is less than honest, which is why I eventually had to leave. I won't include details, because that person is no longer there. It was, in my experience, a good job for a single person, or someone with no children. The time constraints of being a parent, especially a single parent, and working there were not compatible in my experience.
Pros
Good pay, fast pace, made some good friends
Cons
does not work well with family commitments
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2016
the management was great and the co- workers were very helpful and friendly. sometimes there were moments where there were lack of teamwork due to management. target is really fast pace job if u slack you can fall behind in your work quickly.
Pros
free lunch not very stressful
Cons
short breaks and lack of teamwork
Preductive work center
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJuly 22, 2016
Cleaning up the floor pads and racks, dealing with customers.
Management was very understanding of their employees. Co-works are very friendly.
"Fast Fun Friendly"
Target Protection Specialist/Target Electronics (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 22, 2016
I hate to but I have to be completely honest about target.. it is a very neat and friendly place to shop. On the flip side to work for target is horrible. The management is power hungry and the benefits are ridiculous. they wouldn't allow me to work fulltime after being there in many different departments. I wasn't eligible to receive their benefits because of that.
Pros
free lunch on certain times of the year
Cons
wasnt allowed to recieve more than 30 hours to get benefits.
Heartless managment.
Pmt (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJuly 22, 2016
The job it self is good, mon-Fri 6 to 230pm. Work can be challenging but depends on how good you are trained. Biggest down fall is Management. They do not care about the team members, they preach about development but it's all talk. They tend to promote a pretty faces over experince, exact words from HR-ETL, which hurts the moral of the team. They talk about fairness but they pick and choose who they reprimand I'm order to get the results they want. No one is happy that works there, they Work hard for poor yearly compensation and a note that says you did good. Hours for normal team members are always cut back. The place is a joke.
Pros
Peanut buttet and jelly in the break room
Cons
Management, no time off during holidays.
productive fun and safe place to work and meet new people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORJuly 22, 2016
Lots of exercise , great co workers always willing to help, ability for advancement is nice and I always felt safe working there
Pros
exercise
Cons
not being able to see outside
Good
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 22, 2016
Good for a retail job. It is retail hours, with long holiday and summer nights. This Target seem to work well together. This is a great place for college kids.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Crazy hours
good workplace for those needing a part-time job
Sr. Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
I worked for Target for approximately five years while I was going to school. It provided a great opportunity to work while going to school and it seemed that management was flexible with accommodating its employees in this regard. The company provided good benefits, even to part-time employees. When it came time for me to graduate school, however, I put in for an internship with the company and was denied. This ultimately lead to me leaving the company all together and changing my career goals.
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 21, 2016
Great job and great company to work for. You get to meet many different people on a daily basis. The co-workers were great to work with. The actual labor wasn't hard at all. You had simple jobs as in stocking shelves, zoning, classifying items in the hard and soft lines. Just a basic easy job.
Good people, but retail.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 21, 2016
It's a retail job, so if you've ever worked here, you know what to expect. Management is generally pretty good. HR is great about helping you.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Difficult people.
Good place to work.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 21, 2016
Positive work environment, and friendly management. I learned how to work as a team player. On a typical day it was very busy and rewarding.
Cons
No benefits
Customer Service, Greet (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 21, 2016
Very fast paced job. Always challenges awaiting you. Never a dull moment and you will keep busy at all times of the day. I liked the management and at times wonder how it would be to still work there.
fun work place friendly environment
Unloader-Truck (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJuly 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there but had health issues wish is now resolved
friendly atmosphere always stay busy and I enjoy the learning material quizes
Pros
employee discounts
Nice people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNJuly 20, 2016
The people were nice. But there was no opportunity for advancement. You had to work holidays and weekends. But they were really good about giving people time off.
Pros
Always had food in the break room
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced and challenging environment
Executive Team Leader- Logistics (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJuly 20, 2016
- Fast paced environment with a need for leaders who are adaptable and open minded.
- Large focus on personal development while managing the development of both peers and subordinates.
- Constant change surrounded by typical retail challenges requiring decisive planning and action.
- A typical day is about 20%-30% managerial and 70%-80% tasking.
- Co-workers vary depending on location but are usually one of the better aspects of the job.
- Work-life balance and Managerial work versus time spent performing tasks are the hardest parts of the job.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Typical Retail issues
Really nice people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 20, 2016
Good coworkers and friendly people. Management was super nice and got along with people and made friends. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn new things
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
low pay, high hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 20, 2016
Always push you to achieve the next level, but sometimes push too hard. Management tends towards favoritism
Very busy fast paced
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 20, 2016
I worked at the starbucks inside target. The duties included opening the register counting cash and brewing all coffees and preparing the store for the day pulling pastries. Direct managment could work on emotions better co worker better then manager rush time andbdrinks taking to long and best part was when we made it through rush and didnt lose customers
Pros
Discount at target
Cons
Short breaks not enough for a proper lunch
Productive and fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 20, 2016
Enjoyed every minute of it
Corworkers were great
Management was very fun and family like
I enjoyed the connection with customers
I learned how to fold my laundry a new way

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.