Target Employee Reviews

Found 21,010 reviews matching the search
Fun, Fast and Friendly
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 24, 2017
It is nice place to work at, learned new things such as how to improve the customer service and to educate the guests about enjoying their savings and learning about the Target red card " Debit and the Credit option"
Quick paced
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I was responsible for stocking merchandise on the shelves, unloading trucks with merchandise and helped customers when needed. I also was responsible for cleaning my work area and helped maintain a safe environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work, great feeling overall
Sales Team Member, Cashier (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 23, 2017
I worked there in high school and college - i really loved it. It was so much fun and getting to really know the older staff was super fun. They promote teamwork and use walky talkies to help each other during the day. Never feel lost or confused, they'll always help.
Pros
Fun staff, great management
Cons
Low pay/minimum and not a lot of time off
An unenjoyable place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2017
In my time working for Target, I had many notable experiences. I often found that my availability needs were not met even though I was reassured that this would not be a problem when I was hired. I also had several issues when reaching out to the management for guidance. I often found that when I was in need of help, the superiors were not there to lend a hand. I always felt as though the management staff did not appreciate the hard work that the team members put into the job. The job was often rewarding in the sense of constantly being able to interact with new people and being surrounded by positive team members. While I did meet many wonderful people at Target, my time there was unsatisfactory.
part time
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 23, 2017
the job environment was fun but was really bad as far as giving hours to their employees. they expected a lot out the cashiers to sell there credit cards.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pushy bosses
Productive and Fun Workplace
Team Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, IL/East Peoria, ILMay 23, 2017
I have never worked at a place where everyone cares about you until working at Target. I feel like the team members are like my family. They are always there for you no matter what. There is always something to work on so you hardly go with nothing to do on your shift.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 23, 2017
This was a fun pace to work, although it was seasonal I enjoyed the few months I worked there. The other employees were very kind and respectable, pay was fair and lots of hours were given.
Logistics
Flow Team Member, Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740May 23, 2017
Having worked at Target for more than two years, I have learned a lot, more so about myself and my ability to complete tasks, autonomously, with little or no assistance from management, as well as increasing the efficiency of the work completed.
good
Sales Rep/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
good fun place to work. i had an awesome time with everybody who works there and after doing it for a while and traveling with the company i decided to move forward
It is working in retail
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 23, 2017
If you have never worked in retail, everyone should have the experience. Nothing makes you less of a jerk when shopping when you've been on the other side of the cash register.
Depends on the location
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2017
If you are not competitive, do not work here. Not only do employees stress over RedCards, so do the managers. If you are in a new location expect technical issues around the building.
Great work environment and great management
BEAUTY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
Great place to work where management is eager and open to listen. Clean and neat work areas with minimum risks. Co-workers always helpful and friendly.
Can be a great place to work as long as you don't mind having a irregular schedule.
Price and presentation team member (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 23, 2017
Made a lot of new friends and learned a lot of the ins and outs of a large business. The work load varies from season to season. The management also varies from one manager to the next. You have several managers at one time. Communication is key to a productive outcome. The hardest part of the job was in having all the tools needed to complete the job correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Meeting new people and learning the ins and outs of retail sales.
Cons
Lack of communication with all of management, irregular scheduling.
Great
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2017
The job is flexible when it comes to the benefits,culture,and paid. I also like to say that you work in a fast paced environment and the time goes by so fast when you keep yourself busy in the work force.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Nice
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2017
Good place to work. There is much freedom and mobility at work. You are not micromanaged are free to make decisions. I learned many responsibilities being a trainer and it is easy to move up in the company.
Target culture
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2017
A great company to work for. They don't pay enough. The discount of working there is great. Just the pay is not enough and the raises are literally in cents.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Raises are in cents and not dollars
It was one of the best places to work.
Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 23, 2017
It was a great place to work with great people. The management and other staff were some of the best I have been around. I would definitely recommend target to anyone.
Great
Softlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 23, 2017
I love the experiences that Target has given me, they will definitely help me with in my future career with time management, guest service, and many more aspects.
Pros
Working Expierence
Cons
Long Hours
Hardlines Team Member
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 23, 2017
I loved working here. The environment was great and the amount of hardworking people was incredible. I got a lot of hours working there. I learned multiple positions working there, from cashier to food ave to working at electronics section.
Fun work environment
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 23, 2017
Target is very consistent in observing break times and labor considerations. Everything is very organized, and the management is considerate and involved in every shift. The job is not overly stressful. However, as with all customer service jobs, the hardest part of the job is just the demands of customers; that being said, management is always good about helping out in uncomfortable customer situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.